Other Metagames The Cult of Pikachu-A balanced hackmons team

The Cult of Pikachu
Yes, I'm making another rmt. Yes its a balanced hackmons team. Yes its a team centered around (In my opinion) a very dominant combo. Pikachu, imposter, and a light ball. I've been seeing a ton of imposter chanseys and blisseys with the tier in their egg pouch, but I wanted to try something else. Enter imposter pikachu. I found this set on the ou set compendium and I've fallen in love with it. The special thing about it is that pikachu with imposter copies all stat changes like a normal chansey or blissey, but light ball DOUBLES his attack and special attack, making him absolutely devastating. There's the team.
1534368617520.png

Its obvious which role is which, but I'll explain each set in detail and why I chose each one.

Giratina @ Griseous Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Haze
- U-turn
- Wish
Standard giratina jesus. This thing takes hits like a mad man and deals good deeds. U-Turn for the momentum and wish to heal himself and teammates if needed. I guess you can change wish for shore up or some other thing like that, but then you dont get prio heal for teammate which doesn't real sit well with the paper bags that I'm packin'.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electrify
- Quiver Dance
- Oblivion Wing
- Core Enforcer/Moongeist Beam

Definitely one of the more interesting sets. Once you hit a quiver dance, electrify can be safely spammed unless there is prio on the enemy team, in which you switch out. Electrify changes the type of your opponent's moves to electric and lightning rod gives you more special attack if you get hit with an electric move, snowballing. Oblivion wing for the smacks and heals, and core enforcer/moongeist because, standard.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Fake Out/Filler

I put fake out to break sturdies and focus sash. Oh wait, this is a standard deoxys speed setter, why do you have fake out? Fake out gives you an extra turn, and slaps them with 2 hands which is p hot. Stealth rock and spikes to set, and taunt to get the spikes and sr off and a turn.

Slaking @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Sunsteel Strike/Knock Off/Darkest Lariat/Something real spicy
- Shift Gear
- Spore

This and regigigas. Man don't get me started. One is super tanky, while the other is really bulky. I chose the tanky one. Slaking Poison heal gets him 12% of his hp a turn instead of leftovers, and triggers facade for 140 damage BASE attack. Spore to literally cripple opponents and shift gear to get attack and speed which he so desperately needs in a metagame of fast sweepers. Im currently in debate about the second move slot and some ideas are well appreciated. I'm currently happy with the Darkest Lariat form of the mon, but I feel as if it would have better potential otherwise.

Kyogre-Primal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Gentle Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
"Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the boat: and they were afraid". Yea, this monster helped him do that. Kyogre primal has A.) Good health. B.) Great special defense. With an assault vest, his special defense gets to about 690 and just bars everything. Regenerator gives him lotsa health back on a switch, and with an assault vest an a rather offensive movset, this works well.

Erebus (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
Ability: Imposter
Naive Nature
- Whirlwind
- Heal Bell
- Anchor Shot
- U-turn

Moves don't matter on this mon when you have stupidly unfair attacking stats. Once again, you switch into things with this, and you destroy entire teams without mercy. You look into pikachu and think, jesus christ kyogre-primal this pokemon needs some love to be good. Incomes the light ball. The choice behind this and not a chansey, bitchessy is because, how do I put this...they suck. They take no skill to use and have tons of health, its more of a crutch than a skill cap. Pikachu gives great potential, and is a qtpatootie.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to you seeing my next RMT, cya.
https://pokepast.es/6a6e267871f17cf6

Interesting team, but it could use some work.

To use Pikachu effectively, its best to have some form of speed control on your side of the team, whether that be sticky web, glare etc. This is to negate the need to speed tie all the time with Pikachu.

Your Kyogre-P should have a sassy nature as gentle isn't doing anything for it.

I would also suggest rethinking your Rayquaza set as it is not optimal and removing your Deoxys as it too, is not optimal. Wish over a reliable healing move also isn't doing your Giratina any favors; if you want to heal up a teammate, try darkinium-Z parting shot.

I would make more specific suggestions, but if your previous RMT is anything to go by: you won't listen. So, good luck.

Interesting team, but it could use some work.

To use Pikachu effectively, its best to have some form of speed control on your side of the team, whether that be sticky web, glare etc. This is to negate the need to speed tie all the time with Pikachu.

Your Kyogre-P should have a sassy nature as gentle isn't doing anything for it.

I would also suggest rethinking your Rayquaza set as it is not optimal and removing your Deoxys as it too, is not optimal. Wish over a reliable healing move also isn't doing your Giratina any favors; if you want to heal up a teammate, try darkinium-Z parting shot.

I would make more specific suggestions, but if your previous RMT is anything to go by: you won't listen. So, good luck.
I said that in my last rmt as a joke lmao, I'm open.

Uh, speed control doesn't help Pikachu. If you come in on someone with a speed drop, you copy the drop.

The problem i found trying this stuff with latios back when the soul dew was good is that you struggle against strong priority. With Psychic Surge banned there's just not a lot of ways around this if you're trying to reverse sweep, and pikachu can't be used reliably as a long term attacker due to all the speed ties.

If you want an offensive imposter, I'm partial to scarf chansey. The fat is nice but winning all the ties is huge, that and most people would expect it to be a blissey and don't play around it.

there are speed control that only benefits the imposter, such as paralyzing the other team (nuzzle/Glare/thunder wave/zap cannon) and tailwind support. Any good pikachu team has a lot of paralysis support on it. Once an offensive mon is paralyzed, Pikachu outspeeds it which means that it probably dies to pikachu or an improofing wall has to switch in and take the hit, and since pikachu deals double the normal damage, it is usually 2hKOed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)