The Complete Pokedex Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.

art by Bummer

?

End evolution discrimination, Game Freak!

Starting now, we're going to create evolutions for all those Pokemon that never maxed out at three stages in their family. Every few days I'll post a slate and it's up to you to help design their new evolutions and/or pre-evolutions. The goal here isn't to create a bunch of wild, new Pokemon, but rather to finish the evolutionary families as organically as possible.

When the families are posted, users will copy the template provided and fill in the blanks with their own submissions. After a few days we will vote and the winning submissions will be added to the Pokedex. Any sections of a template marked with [[ ]] are locked and cannot be changed. Names generally won't be changed, either, but if I see a particularly snappy one who knows. The method of evolution, height/weight, and design are all optional.

After the winners are announced, we will hold a short cooldown period to discuss the new Pokemon and their competitive value, if any.

Here are some general guidelines to follow when submitting:
  • Stats
    • Most Pokemon do not lose stats upon evolution. However, instances of lower Speed are the most common while lowering Attack, Defense, Special Attack, or Special Defense are pretty rare. The only instance of less HP is with Shedinja, so avoid lowering that stat at all costs.
    • Families typically follow patterns. Sometimes they add stats in the same intervals. Sometimes they keep two stats identical as they evolve. Try to honor these patterns where possible.
    • Don't min/max your submissions either!
    • Make sure to follow the BST caps listed. You are allowed to go lower.
  • Abilities
    • Pokemon usually keep their abilities and the number of abilities while evolving. However, if an ability is going to change it's more likely to be the Hidden Ability.
    • Remember, we aren't making Mega formes here, so don't get too crazy if you give a new ability. Value flavor more than anything.
  • Type
    • It's rare for a Pokemon to change typing upon evolution, but adding a new type to a single-typed Pokemon is reasonable.
    • It's even rarer for a Pokemon to lose a typing to be replaced by another or to be dropped altogether. The only example of the latter that I can think of is Gloom -> Bellossom.
    • Again, flavor should be at the forefront if you're considering a new type.
  • Moves
    • Newly evolved Pokemon often learn new moves with their increase in power. Sometimes a new move is even the catalyst for the evolution!
    • A good example is how most Pokemon don't learn Earthquake until their last evolution. (We're sweeping that under a rug with some of our redesigns, however.) The same can be said for Focus Blast. If a Pokemon doesn't learn one of those moves, maybe now is a good time to let it with its final evolution.
**When designing a pre-evolution, it's best to reverse the points above (lower the stats, maybe remove a typing, definitely remove some moves, etc.)**
(credit to unfixable for the Pet Mod that gave pre-evolutions to all Pokemon.)

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
-Current Slate-
[Baby] Fawntler

Typing:
Ability:
Hidden Ability: 1
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 330)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

[Stage 1] Stantler
[Stage 2] Stagler

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 530)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

~
[Baby] Mime Jr.
[Stage 1] Mr. Mime
[Stage 2] Master Mime

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 540)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

~
[Baby] Smoochum
[Stage 1] Jynx
[Stage 2] Snowbelle

Typing:
Ability:
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

~
[Stage 1] Ponyta
[Stage 2] Rapidash
[Stage 3] ???

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 555)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

Copy+Paste me:
HTML:
Typing:
Ability:
Hidden Ability:
Stats:
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
Design/Desc.:
[hide=Justifications][/hide]

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
-Sample Submission by Bummer-
[Stage 3] Magcannon

Typing:

Ability:
Mold Breaker / Flame Body
Hidden Ability: Weak Armor
Stats: 80 | 60 | 140 | 110 | 90 | 50 (BST 530)
New Moves: Power Gem, Rock Blast
Stats
Many mons who got an extra evolution in Gen IV, like Piloswine, Magneton, and Rhydon, got a third stage with a BST of 530-535. Magcargo also shares the same BST with Sealeo (410), and since Walrein has a BST of 530, it felt like a good number to shoot for.

Even though its typing leaves it weak to many physical moves, like Rock, Fighting and most of all Ground, Magcargo was nonetheless more geared towards being physically defensive, which is a theme I didn't feel inclined to ignore. With its HP getting a well needed boost while bolstering its Defense further, it can survive some pretty impressive hits while being able to replentish health with Recover and occasionally fish for burns with Flame Body. If it wants to take a more offensive approach, its SAtk raised above the base 100 line makes all its special moves pack an extra punch, and although it'll rarely use its Atk stat, I raised it a small notch since most regular evolutions usually provides a raise across all stats. And finally, a small raise in its speed can enable it to attempt a Shell Smash sweep.

Ability
Mold Breaker felt like a nice, general ability to start things off with, as it enables it to blast Fire moves without fear of Thick Fat and Flash Fire users, use Earth Power against Levitators, and succesfully set Stealth Rock even if Magic Bouncers get in the way.

With that said, there's plenty of cool abilities that Magcannon could make use of. No Guard is definitely a good ability to abuse as Inferno then gets perfect accuracy, meaning you can spam a strong STAB while also burning the opponents. Regenerator work somewhat well flavor-wise, no need to explain why it'd be a good pick. If we would choose to improve Magma Armor in some way, like giving it a temporary or permanent protection against water attacks, it could definitely keep that that ability.

New Moves
Power Gem gives it an actual Rock STAB to threaten with, as Ancient Power is gimmicky at best. Rock Blast is purely there for flavor, felt weird giving it a cannon and then no projectile move. Otherwise, Magcargo has a surprisngly good movepool, having what it needs to perform various roles and be unpredictable.

[Stage 3] Ratinaw
Typing:
Normal
Ability: Strong Jaw/Guts
Hidden Ability: Hustle
Stats: 65/131/90/55/80/87 (BST 508)
New Moves: Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Fang
(Ratinaw only) Waterfall, Surf
Method of Evolution: Level up w/ Razor Fang
Height / Weight: 0.9 m/39.7 kg
Design / Desc.: A full-out muskrat with really, really huge incisors. Sharp, too.
The concept is that the fangs of it grows so stupidly large it can't even move as fast as before, and has to fight straight on; That's why I replaced Run Away with Strong Jaw. The Speed stat has been lowered as well, while its overall stats are boosted - especially Atk which got a +50 boost. Note that Crobat got a +40 in Speed when evolving from Golbat too, so it's not that ridiculous. Giving it more fang moves in general sounds about right, and since muskrat can actually swim I gave Ratinaw Waterfall and Surf. Finally, a way to make Hyper Fang usable.

[Stage 3] Hearow
Typing:
Dark/Flying
Ability: Unnerve
Hidden Ability: Sniper
Stats: 75/110/70/61/80/124 (BST 520)
New Moves: Snarl, Knock Off, Taunt, Snatch, Night Slash
(Hearow only) Switcheroo, Dark Pulse, Perish Song
Method of Evolution: Level up w/ Snarl
Height / Weight: 1.8 m/51.0 kg
Design / Desc.: Basically Fearow but bigger, having more black on its body and looks partly like tattered cloth.
I'm going to assume that this name comes from "herald" and "sparrow", which is why it's going to be able to learn Perish Song after evolving; that, and how it gets the Dark-type primary typing. Really, "Fear"ow should be Dark enough ._. The BST limit of 520 doesn't really leave much wiggle room for stat boosts, which is why I didn't boost the SpA (which has happened before in Happiny -> Chansey, so it's a thing). Instead, it gets a boost to its Atk, SpD and Speed, alongside with a slight boost in HP and Def. Along with Dark STAB, it gets some utility moves which imo should've been given to Fearow from the very start. Like, seriously? Only 4 Dark-type moves counting Egg Moves?
Ability changes from Keen Eye to Unnerve because imagine a bigger, darker Fearow staring at you. There's no way that's going to be pleasant.

[Stage 3] Starus
Typing:
Water/Psychic
Ability: Lightning Rod/Regenerator
Hidden Ability: Analytic
Stats: 60/100/60/115/75/130 (BST: 540)
New Moves: Autotomize, Water Shuriken
(Starus only) Wild Charge, Meteor Mash, Wish, Zen Headbutt
Method of Evolution: Level up w/ Comet Shard
Height / Weight: 1.6 m/154.5 kg
Design / Desc.: A comet-like starfish with crystal shards forming a trail behind it.
Since with Eviolite Starmie is going to be a really great bulky attacker, I made Starus a fast sweeper instead. Lightning Rod can be seen as the gem in the middle of its body absorbing the energy, and Regenerator is just to differenciate itself from Starmie's Natural Cure. And Analytic is still useless, but eh, nothing much can replace it and still fit the flavor. The stats leans towards boosting offensive power overall, especially in Atk with how it's a comet now. Water Shuriken is something Starmie really should've gotten, and Starus is able to take advantage of that with its usable Atk; Meteor Mash is, uh, meteor-related, same with Wish, and Autotomize comes from the fact that starfish can live with arms cut off.

[Stage 1] Lickilil
Typing:
Normal
Ability: Own Tempo/Oblivious
Hidden Ability: Cloud Nine
Stats: 75/25/50/35/55/15 (BST 255)
New Moves: Slack Off, Thunder Wave
Loses access to: Power Whip, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Thunder, Earthquake, Giga Impact
Method of Evolution: Level 20
Height / Weight: 0.5 m/32.2 kg
Design / Desc.: A small cartoonified lizard with its tongue wrapping around its whole body like a belt.
Having this as a baby pokemon in mind, I put its stats around 230~270. A 75/50/55 bulk is pretty good in LC after a bit of calcs, able to tank an impressive amount of moves including Amaura's Hyper Beam with a Careful 236/36/236 spread, taking 59.2 - 70.3% damage. That's the strongest special move you can hit it with (in the calculator, at least). Combine that with Slack Off for reliable recovery (finally!) and Thunder Wave (tongue can inflict paralysis) to deter opponents from setting up, and it would be usable in LC. Also, Lickitung is now booted from LC, so no need to worry about how broken it would be with Slack Off, heh.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
[Stage 3] Ratinaw

Typing:

Ability:
Strong Jaw / Guts
Stats: 65 | 107 | 70 | 65 | 80 | 116 [BST 503]
New Moves: Poison Fang (Raticate and Ratinaw), Ice Fang, ThunderFang, Fire Fang, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock
Method of Evolution: Level-up while knowing Poison Fang (Raticate now learns Poison Fang ala Tangela to Tangrowth)
Height / Weight: 3'2.3" / 40.7 lb
Design/Desc.: It becomes larger and has rougher looking fur. It's mouth becomes larger and it bares more teeth, which are sharper and larger. It's tail becomes thicker and gains a sort of "blade" to it like Servipers. The flesh part of its body is a purple hue, and it has purple highlights on its now golden fur.
Typing: Normal / Poison was chosen due to the concept of rats spreading disease, along with matching nicely with both its new ability and its evolution method

Ability: Run Away turning into a better ability is not unheard of (see: Aipom, Snubbull, Poochyena, Buneary, and Patrat), and Strong Jaw fits so well flavor-wise considering not only Raticates design but also Pokedex description

Moves: Outside of adding Poison-type moves, the Fangs were also added for Strong Jaw abuse and the fact that I always thought it was weird that it didn't get that

Stats: Basic stat additions. The odd BST is there to keep in line with Raticates and Ratatta's weird BST, and the Attack and Speed stat not being divisible by 5 is also consistent with the others. Outside of that it's the same basic stat added. It's attack isn't that high while its speed is really high, which is reflective of Raticate (97 isn't all that great, but it's pretty nice compared to its 81 attack). Other than that the only notable thing is its SpDef being higher than its Defense because that's how the other evos are as well.

Flavor: Having Poison Fang being the move that evolves Raticate seems very fitting for its new Normal / Poison typing.

I'll post on the others once I get better ideas for them, but for now here's Ratinaw

[Stage 3] Ratinaw
Typing:
Normal/Dark
Ability: Regenerator /Guts
Hidden Ability: Strong Jaw
Stats: 70 | 111 | 70 | 75 | 80 | 104 |510
New Moves:
Thunder Fang, Fire fang, Ice Fang, Knock off, poison fang
Method of Evolution: Leveling 34
Height 3'0"/9.1 m Weight: 50.3 lbs./ 22.8
Design/Desc.: I was thinking something kind of long to denote Speed and power with some black striping
Strong jaw is a given on Raticate and dark gives him a typing with good offensive synergy, but guts will probably outclass it thanks to boosted sucker-punch and facade.
Regenerator is more of a progression from run away than anything else and exemplifies the surviveability of rats.

[Stage 3] Hearow
Typing:
normal/flying
Ability: Tough claws
Stats: 75 | 110 | 70 | 95 | 70| 100 | 520
New Moves:
extreme speed,
Method of Evolution: Sharp Beak
Height 4'3"/1.3 m Weight: 93lb / 42kg
Design/Desc.: Elongated version of fearow with golden feathers and a bright read crown, kind of like a mini Ho-oh, and bigger feat
this gives it a nice niche in stab tough claws extreme speed which is slightly weaker than a talonflame brave bird

[Stage 3] Starus
Typing:
Water/Psychic
ability: serene grace/natural Cure
Stats: 80 | 80 | 80 | 110 | 80 | 120
New Moves:
N/A
Method of Evolution: Normal Gem
Height 3'07"/1.1 Weight: 17.6 lbs / 8 Kg
Design/Desc.: The gem shifts to take up the entire front star while the back star stays blue
Serene grace scald

Snaq edit: Tarontos, I changed Psychic/Ghost to Water/Psychic for you. It may not be changed. I also made the post a bit less... bold heavy.

Tarontos edit: It was supposed to be water ghost and then i need to change somethings see above for them.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
zerobreaker000 , think of the Starmie -> Starus transition as something similar to Porygon2 -> Porygon Z. Not a lot of BST change, but a role change. Speaking of which, Starmie can now hold Eviolite. That's going to make a fantastic spinner.

[Stage 3] Ratinaw
Typing:

Ability:
Guts / Run Away
Stats: 75 | 123 | 75 | 70 | 85 | 82 (BST 510)
New Moves: [Tutors] Aqua Tail, Gunk Shot, Iron Head, Seed Bomb, Snatch, Superpower; [TMs/HMs] Rock Tomb, Low Sweep, Focus Blast, Fling, Shadow Claw, Payback, Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Surf
Height / Weight: 4'2'' / 81 lbs
Design/Desc.: A tuft of fur grows into a mohawk. Its tail grows fatter and turns black. Its incisors stick out crookedly and one is chipped. Overall it's larger and bulkier.
Instead of giving Ratinaw a new ability or type, I decided to beef up its movepool by expanding the tutors and TM/HMs it can learn. Raticate has a little elemental flavor already with Electric moves and Shadow Ball, so adding stuff like Aqua Tail, Seed Bomb, and Surf didn't feel that crazy. Superpower, Rock Slide, and Focus Blast tend to be reserved for final evolutions and/or "strong" Pokemon, which Ratinaw is now.

For its stats I bulked it out and upped the Attack but downed the Speed a little. Guts and Hustle are going to hit pretty hard off 123 Attack but by lowering the Speed to 82 I think Ratinaw will be comfortable down in NU. I'd say PU but I think the coverage will help bring it up.

[Stage 3] Hearow
Typing:

Ability:
Justified
Stats: 85 | 108 | 75 | 71 | 71 | 110 (BST 520)
New Moves: [Level Up] Brave Bird (65); [Tutor] Knock Off, Last Resort; [TMs/HMs] Roar, Taunt, Sky Drop
Method of Evolution: Trade w/ another Pokemon with the Justified ability while holding a Sharp Beak
Height / Weight: 5'9'' / 114 lbs
Design/Desc.: The comb on its head grows longer and falls over to one side. Its tail feathers double in length with two extra long wispy-like feathers that trail behind it. Its wings spread out even more and closely resemble fists. The tuft on its back fades to a darker brown. Its talons and beak grow longer.
I imagine Fearow transforming from angry bird to protector of the flock, hence the name Hearow is supposed to be a play on Hero. Justified fits the hero theme well imo.

For the stats I boosted everything overall with more attention to Speed and Attack, its two best traits. I kept the Special Attack/Defense pattern too.

Last Resort and Roar come with its more powerful forme. Taunt and Knock Off were added because Hearow is ready to confront others head-on in order to protect its flock. Sky Drop was added because its a bigger bird capable of lifting and dropping foes.

Hearow would probably stay in the lower tiers because its still outclassed by the more powerful Staraptor.

[Stage 3] Starus
Typing:

Ability:
Illuminate / Natural Cure
Hidden Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 70 | 95 | 75 | 135 | 75 | 100 (BST 550)
New Moves: [Level Up] Water Shuriken (40), Energy Ball (47), Muddy Water (53); [Tutor] Gastro Acid, Giga Drain, Gunk Shot, Iron Defense; [TMs/HMs] Venoshock, Energy Ball, Charge Beam, Explosion, Strength
Method of Evolution: Trade while holding the Mysterious Gem
Height / Weight: 4' / 203 lbs
Design/Desc.: Another row of feet are added to its body (going from 10 -> 20), making it resemble a sunflower starfish. It changes in color to a vivid goldenrod yellow and the gem turns dark red.
Finally! Starfish are known for regenerating body parts, so giving it Regenerator is long overdue. In order to tone down its new HO capabilities I lowered its Speed to an uncomfortable 100 benchmark. Who said starfish were fast anyway?

Water Shuriken has been a common addition for Starus and I followed suite. I gave it more Attack to utilize, however, making Water Shuriken very viable on a mixed set to let Starus act as a revenger in some circumstances. I added more "starfish" moves too like Giga Drain (sucks shellfish from their shells) and Gastro Acid (inverts its stomach to dissolve prey.) Explosion because why shouldn't a starfish explode? Strength because starfish are pretty strong and the extra legs give it even more strength.

This Starus looks like a top contender for OU and will probably always have a Life Orb which is mitigated by Regenerator. The lower defenses make it more vulnerable, however, particularly to Pursuit users like Scarf Ttar and Bisharp w/ Sucker Punch.

[Baby] Lickilil
Typing:

Ability:
Own Tempo / Sticky Hold
Stats: 70 | 15 | 50 | 40 | 50 | 15 (BST 240)
New Moves: [Level Up] -Wring Out, -Power Whip; [Tutor] -Focus Punch, -Icy Wind, -Knock Off; [TMs/HMs] -Blizzard, -Hyper Beam, -Earthquake, -Giga Impact, -Swords Dance, -Strength
Method of Evolution: To attain: Breed Lickilicky while holding Strong Enzymes; To evolve: Level up w/ max happiness
Height / Weight: 1'4'' / 84 lbs
Design/Desc.: Its tongue barely sticks out of its mouth and it flicks it in and out in its animation. Its tail shrinks and curls up like a pig's. It only has one "stretch mark" on its belly now. It has no toes. Its head is barely distinguishable from its body.
I made Sticky Hold a precursor to Oblivious because I imagine Lickilil is still getting used to its oversized tongue and wants to catch anything it can with it.

Its HP stays its best stat and it has solid bulk for a baby but really bad attacking stats. I removed a lot of moves I thought were too powerful for a Normal-type baby to know.

In LC it would actually be a pretty good wall I think. 70/50/50 bulk with a permanent Eviolite (bar Mold Breaker) will let it come in on a lot of mixed attackers. Sadly it can no longer use Wish, an event move. But it can still Toxic foes and shuffle with Dragon Tail.

Last edited:
Ratinaw

Typing:
Normal/Dark

Ability: Guts/Strong Jaw
Stats: 83 | 110 | 70 | 58 | 80 | 107 (BST cannot exceed 510)
New Moves:
Poison Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Gunk Shot, Seed Bomb, Knock Off, Chip Away, Beat Up
Method of Evolution: Level up with Crunch and level 33 at Night
Height / Weight: 3' 11" / 65 lbs
Design/Desc.:
Its fur is short yet shaggy except with some spiky tufts of hair on its head. Its feet now has visibly sharp nails and it grows sharper fangs with small, pointy teeth on the side of the main central fangs. The size of its teeth is a prominent feature that it has to crawl on all fours to support is weight properly. Dark stripes surround the sides of its eyes. The bottom half of its body is covered in a dark shade of grey fur.

It is more aggressive in this form and uses its sharp fangs to intimidate enemies, so Run Away is replaced by Strong Jaw. It learns a lot of Dark type moves in its movepool, so as a natural extension Dark typing is added to support its biting moves as well as its new more aggressive nature. The prominence of the teeth means its Attack is now the highest stat, crawling on all fours gives it some boost in speed but not as much as the Attack- this also lends well to the traits of most Dark types where Attack is the main stat. Added the rest of the fang moves as Level 1 moves in the final form and Normal types do lend themselves to having more versatile movepools.

Hearow (Suggestion: Superiow- as in Superior + Sparrow with a small callback to the original Spearow name, Or Tearow/Terrow as in 'Tearing' apart, keeps same -earow spelling (for first option) but changes pronunciation that also makes it sound like 'Terror')

Typing:
Dark/Flying
Ability: Intimidate
Stats: 80 | 115 | 75 | 65 | 75 | 110 (BST cannot exceed 520)
New Moves:
Acrobatics, Brave Bird, Sky Drop, Mean Look, Hyper Voice, Knock Off, Taunt, Quash, Sucker Punch, Punishment, Night Slash
Method of Evolution: Level up with Night Slash at Level 30 with Sharp Beak
Height / Weight: 5' 2" / 100 lbs
Design/Desc.:

Its crest grows larger and spikier and in a shape of a crown as the feathers around its neck form a thick collar of silver feathers. Its wingspan extends further and features black feathers at the edges. The look on its eyes become more menacing with a sense of superiority as it likes to spread its giant wings to intimidate smaller creatures. The sight of its shadow with its large wingspan spread out sends smaller critters fleeing.

Fearow always had this menacing/intimidating vibe with its design so I enhanced this aspect in the evolution and the ability Intimidate- which is like a superior Keen Eye (they both have the same effect out of battle if put in the first slot of the party but Intimidate has a better use for in-battles). I added more Flying type moves such as Sky Drop which is mentioned in the Dex entries with more powerful STABs in either Brave Bird or Acrobatics without an item. Taunt and Mean Look add to flavour of new personality, while Hyper Voice is a cry of superiority (and works with the name Hearow). Intimidate can also work with U-turn in Volturn teams, although a bit limited because of SR weakness but the utility is there. Stat-wise, I focused on Attack and Speed as it is Fearow's main characteristics design-wise, with slightly more emphasis on attack to create back up the sense of superiority it has in its power.

Lastly made it a Dark type to separate itself from Staraptor as it already learns a few Dark moves level up such as Pursuit and Assurance. It also gives it a niche as a fast offensive Dark/Flying compared to Honchkrow and Mandibuzz.

Starus

[[Typing]]:
Water/Psychic

Ability: Magic Guard/Natural Cure
Stats: 107 | 75 | 75 | 100 | 75 | 118 (BST cannot exceed 550)
New Moves:
Water Shuriken, Meteor Mash, Flash, Aurora Beam, Healing Wish, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, Baton Pass, Wish
Method of Evolution: Trade with Comet Shard
Height / Weight: 4' 7" / 250 lbs
Design/Desc.:

The core turns into a shape similar to the Comet Shard as third layer of arms make Starus more 3D than before. The body is now a metallic silver colour that easily reflects the colours around its body. The three layers spin independently and each layer is smaller in size than the front, creating the illusion of a trail of stars or a comet when it moves in high speeds. A mini-metallic star orbits around the main body. Think of it as a mothership of metallic Staryu fusion.

To try and differentiate it from an Eviolite Starmie, I've tried to make it more of a fast cleric/support type, to try and balance the new ability changes. Added more flavour moves and also support moves to create the theme of "Wishing Stars" so there's moves like Healing Wish and Wish- all only for the evolution. Its frailer now with the defenses but it now has more HP to assist with the Wish support role. Special Attack remains the same and in fact can be boosted by Life Orb to differ from Eviolite Starmie.

As for abilites, Magic Guard is like Clefable as both have mystical powers and a connection to space (Starmie's dex entries speculates it is an alien). This also extends to a mothership theme. Also Rapid Spin Magic Guard is interesting. Regenerator because starfish regenerate arms and can also be used in synergy with either Wish, Rapid Spin or Life Orb.

Lickilil

[[Typing]]: Normal
Ability: Pickup / Oblivious
Stats: 80| 45 | 50 | 50 | 60 | 15 (BST cannot exceed 300)
New Moves:
(Added) Copycat, Sweet Kiss, Charm
(Removed) Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Giga Impact, Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail, Iron Tail,
Method of Evolution: Max happiness during the day while holding a HP healing Berry
Height / Weight: 2' 0" / 90 lbs
Design/Desc.:
Constantly has its wet tongue sticking out of its mouth (like :P) that is the same size as its head. It has a small drool trail under its mouth like Gloom. It has no tail and has a simple, blob-like shape body ala Quagsire. Its belly has a simple yellow bib-shaled design that starts from the neck while it has short, stubby pink feet. Its eyes are two horizontal lines like Snorlax as it uses its tongue to 'see' its surroundings as the eyesight is still poor at this stage.

Lickitung's main stat is HP so Lickilil has that stat as its highest. Mainly based on Lickitung's stats (surprising how Sp. Atk was slightly higher than Atk, never knew Lickitung had this peculiarity) except the Speed is very low because of its plump body size and infantile personality. Poor eyesight and reliance on tongue can lead it to picking up items hence Pickup replacing Own tempo.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
[Stage 3] Starus

Typing:

Ability:
Stats: 60 | 75 | 90 | 140 | 90 | 95 [BST 550]
New Moves: None
Method of Evolution: Trade Starmie while holding a Radiant Ruby
Height / Weight: 4'10.7" / 256.6 lb
Design/Desc.: Following the trend of Staryu and Starmie, it is now a 20-pointed starfish. The red gem on its "face" is now much larger, and a smaller smooth red gem (one that resembles Staryu's but a bit bigger) can be seen inside the massive red gem. It's limbs are now a dark purple, and the "gold" encasing the gem now has 10 little lines instead of 8.
Ability: I kept Analytic as its ability. It's new stat spread is much better than Starmies in terms of abusing Analytic - now, rather than just hitting switches it can also hit faster Pokemon. Meanwhile, it is not slow enough to be consider slow, and it's bulky enough to take a hit and retaliate with its much higher 140 SpA.

Stats: Sticking to the Porygon 2 --> PorygonZ type of evolution, you will notice that Porygon2 and PorygonZ have the same HP. This is also true for Scyther --> Scizor. For that reason, Starus keeps its terrible 60 HP. To make up for it, it has respectable 95 defenses and an astronomical 140 SpA. 95 Speed is just fast enough to not be slow while also letting it abuse Analytic a little better than Starmie can by outslowing things. This lets Starmie act as a supporter with Eviolite and as a speedy special attacker, while Starus is more of a wallbreaker.

EV

Banned deucer.
I'll put up the submissions for voting by the end of the day.

Edit: waiting for SpartanMalice to finish.

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Ratinaw
Typing:
Normal/Fighting
Ability: Guts / Technician
Stats: 83/115/60/50/100/102 (BST cannot exceed 510)
New Moves: +Fake Out, +Power Up Punch, +Tail Slap, +Focus Blast (for flavour), Low Sweep
Method of Evolution: Level Up w / Stick
Height / Weight: 4'10" / 150 lbs
Design/Desc.: I modeled this rat after Master Splinter, but I kind of see it as a rat in a... let's ray red karate gi, but battered up with half sleeves rather than Sawk and Throh's proper, full sleeved-ones. Shiny wears dark grey and its eyes take a reddish tint.

Initially I had two options for this rodent - both involved it being an underground rat. I used !pick to see if it should go the fighting route or the ground route, and it decided on fighting. Now we have quite a few mons based on pop culture (Aggron and Tyranitar are both variations of Godzilla), so I figured - why not a pop culture rat? So this one's based on Master Splinter, and hence is a skinny martial artist type. I initially gave it 125 attack, but it hits hard with guts even at 115 attack. It has enough to have a seperate niche from Ursaring, Zangoose, Conkeldurr etc. It's frail physically - but it can tank special hits (most fighting types have higher SpD than expected, and it fits with the martial arts vibe) - it's also fast and has two useful abilities in Guts and Technician. Combined with access to Swords Dance and Garchomp's speed tier, it should be able to stand out quite a bit.

I'll edit my post with Justifications and the Steel/Flying Hearow as soon as I wake up. I just couldn't think of too many ideas.

Last edited:
Submission for Ratinaw (To be relevant to the concept, Ratiking?)

Typing: Normal/Dark
Ability: Quick Feet/Guts
Hidden Ability: Strong Jaw (Note: Change Hyper Fang and Super Fang to Biting Moves, since for some reason they aren't)
Stats: 75/120/70/60/80/105
New Moves: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Poison Fang
(optional) Method of Evolution: Level up Raticate in a horde of Rattata
Height / Weight: 3'08", 72.8 lbs
Design/Desc.: Based on the mythical creature known as the "Rat King", it and 4 Rattata have been attached at the fused and knotted tails, and have turned the colored area of their fur pitch-black. The Raticate gains more size to its upper fangs, as well. While these dark rats may seem to think as one, in some situations they conflict and are unable to move. Rarely, Ratinaw are found piloted by Sandslash or Raichu, which are much stronger than the standard that forms from Raticate.
Normal/Dark since it is very evil, according to the fact that it gets a ton of Dark Moves, almost as much as Normal moves.

i got nothing else

Last edited:

picksome

Banned deucer.
Ratinaw
Typing: Normal/Water
Ability: Swift Swim / Run Away
Stats: 75 / 108 / 70 / 107 / 61 / 89 (510)
New Moves: Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Surf, Waterfall, Gunk Shot, Hyper Voice, Bug Bite, Hone Claws, Play Rough, Superpower, Focus Blast, Rock Slide
(Ratinaw only) Scald, Muddy Water, Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet
Method of Evolution: Level up with Waterfall
Height / Weight: 3'02" / 87.9 lds.
Design/Desc.: It's fur now is more brown in color, his hands and feet are now webbed, the buck teeth are even larger, the whiskers are also larger, the tail now has fins on the end, and it has some spots of scales.
Since it is mostly based on a muskrat, I'd decided that it would be Water-type. The moves are here because they are for more "powerful" Pokémon, so they fit it. I also added some water moves on Raticade and Play Rough because it is on a lot of Field egg group Pokemon. It gets Swift Swim due to the fact it is a Water type now. I'd also made it have less speed so the it does not be OP with the new ability. The design also makes more reflections to a muskrat with some attributes of fish in there.

Hearow
Typing: Ground/Flying
Ability: Reckless
Stats: 85 / 120 / 69 / 71 / 65 / 110
New Moves: Brave Bird, Knock Off, Megahorn, Night Slash
(Hearow only) Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, Dig, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Earth Power, Poison Jab, Wild Charge, Sand Tomb, Sandstorm
Method of Evolution: Trade with Soft Sand
Height / Weight: 5'03" / 149.3 lbs.
Design/Desc.: It's beak grows and looks more like a drill. It's feathers are larger and are now tan. The crest now has hints of grey and tan and is filled with sand. It's back feathers are now longer and it's back now has sand traps.
Well, this makes it have more of a relation with Ground, so I'd extended it a bit. I'd gave it Reckless and Wild Charge to set it out from Staraptor.

Starus
Typing: Water/Psychic
Abilities: Regenerator/Natural Cure
Stats: 80 / 110 / 70 / 115 / 70 / 105
New Moves: Water Shuriken, Automatize, Zen Headbutt, Poison Jab, Gastro Acid, Explosion
(Starus only) Meteor Mash, Gunk Shot, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Bounce, Flash, Healing Wish
Method of Evolution: Trade with Odd Incense
Height / Weight: 5'03" / 349.3 lbs.
Design/Desc.: It now gains 5 more arms, has shards coming off it's body, and the core is bigger and fuses with the arms, making them gold. It's non-gold arms are now changed to a yellow and the core is blue.
This makes it more related to comets, so it is now extended and has moves kept by a lot of Psychic-types.

SpartanMalice

[Stage 3] Hearow
Typing:

Ability:
Intimidate
Stats: 93 / 120 / 65 / 61 / 61 / 120 (BST 520)
New Moves: Brave Bird, Iron Head, Bulk Up
Method of Evolution: Trade w/ Metal Coat
Height / Weight: 6 ft, 45 kg
Design/Desc.: I found this design while going through google, I personally like it as it fits with my idea of light armor and even allows it to separate itself rom Skarmory. That being said, I will try to draw the design if this gets accepted. So for now, credit to the creator of this artwork, EventHorizontal:

Fearow was my favourite of the Gen 1 Com-mons, and when Skarmory surfaced I always thought they looked kind of similar. In addition, they share the common ability of Keen Eye - that being said, Sniper is a pretty solid ability, so I wish to remove Keen Eye instead.

We all know how useful Skarmory is in AAA as an offensive mon, and although I won't be going with Gale Wings I wished to make it go the offensive route to seperate itself from Skarm.

Moving on to stats. I felt that modifying three stats seemed easier than spreading them out, but to not make it too weird, I used Excadrill as a base: High HP, poor defenses, not too widespread movepool, good speed and attack.

As for moves - pretty straightforward. However Swords Dance seemed too powerful and it didn't seem to make sense, so as it gained "Armor", why not bulk up? Iron Head and BB for stabs.

Lastly, for the ability, I went by Fearow's pokedex description and the other two instances of Keen Eye being removed - Weavile and Staravia, which gain Pressure and Intimidate instead. Intimidate seemed nice as Fearow was pretty intimidating originally, and Hearow is supposed to be even more intimidating.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
[Stage 3] Hearow

Typing:

Ability:
Reckless
Stats: 70 | 105 | 80 | 66 | 66 | 125 [BST 512]
New Moves: Brave Bird, Double-Edge (level-up), Submission
Method of Evolution: Trade Fearow while holding the Heroes Scarf
Height / Weight: 4'13.8" / 111.1 lb
Design/Desc.: His mohawk becomes more akin to shonen protagonist hair. The white feathers it had on its back wrap around its neck like a scarf, and it pops out more. It's wings and face look more ferocious.
Ability: Keen Eye changing into something else isn't unheard of (Starly and Sneasel), so I chose Reckless, to represent Hearow as a reckless hero who charges head-first into battle.
Movepool: This is also why it now has Brave Bird, Double-Edge, and Submission

EV

Banned deucer.
Let's vote! **You may only vote for one of your own submissions.** Copy this layout:

Ratinaw: username goes here
Hearow:
Starus:
Lickilil:

The submissions:
Ratinaw
[Stage 3] Ratinaw by zerobreaker000
Typing:
Normal
Ability: Strong Jaw/Guts
Stats: 65/131/90/55/80/87 (BST 508)
New Moves: Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Fang
(Ratinaw only) Waterfall, Surf
Method of Evolution: Level up w/ Razor Fang
Height / Weight: 0.9 m/39.7 kg
Design / Desc.: A full-out muskrat with really, really huge incisors. Sharp, too.
The concept is that the fangs of it grows so stupidly large it can't even move as fast as before, and has to fight straight on; That's why I replaced Run Away with Strong Jaw. The Speed stat has been lowered as well, while its overall stats are boosted - especially Atk which got a +50 boost. Note that Crobat got a +40 in Speed when evolving from Golbat too, so it's not that ridiculous. Giving it more fang moves in general sounds about right, and since muskrat can actually swim I gave Ratinaw Waterfall and Surf. Finally, a way to make Hyper Fang usable.

[Stage 3] Ratinaw by The Reptile

Typing:

Ability:
Strong Jaw / Guts
Stats: 65 | 107 | 70 | 65 | 80 | 116 [BST 503]
New Moves: Poison Fang (Raticate and Ratinaw), Ice Fang, ThunderFang, Fire Fang, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock
Method of Evolution: Level-up while knowing Poison Fang (Raticate now learns Poison Fang ala Tangela to Tangrowth)
Height / Weight: 3'2.3" / 40.7 lb
Design/Desc.: It becomes larger and has rougher looking fur. It's mouth becomes larger and it bares more teeth, which are sharper and larger. It's tail becomes thicker and gains a sort of "blade" to it like Servipers. The flesh part of its body is a purple hue, and it has purple highlights on its now golden fur.
Typing: Normal / Poison was chosen due to the concept of rats spreading disease, along with matching nicely with both its new ability and its evolution method

Ability: Run Away turning into a better ability is not unheard of (see: Aipom, Snubbull, Poochyena, Buneary, and Patrat), and Strong Jaw fits so well flavor-wise considering not only Raticates design but also Pokedex description

Moves: Outside of adding Poison-type moves, the Fangs were also added for Strong Jaw abuse and the fact that I always thought it was weird that it didn't get that

Stats: Basic stat additions. The odd BST is there to keep in line with Raticates and Ratatta's weird BST, and the Attack and Speed stat not being divisible by 5 is also consistent with the others. Outside of that it's the same basic stat added. It's attack isn't that high while its speed is really high, which is reflective of Raticate (97 isn't all that great, but it's pretty nice compared to its 81 attack). Other than that the only notable thing is its SpDef being higher than its Defense because that's how the other evos are as well.

Flavor: Having Poison Fang being the move that evolves Raticate seems very fitting for its new Normal / Poison typing.

[Stage 3] Ratinaw by Tarontos
Typing:
Normal/Dark
Ability: Regenerator /Guts
Hidden Ability: Strong Jaw
Stats: 70 | 111 | 70 | 75 | 80 | 104 |510
New Moves:
Thunder Fang, Fire fang, Ice Fang, Knock off, poison fang
Method of Evolution: Leveling 34
Height 3'0"/9.1 m Weight: 50.3 lbs./ 22.8
Design/Desc.: I was thinking something kind of long to denote Speed and power with some black striping
Strong jaw is a given on Raticate and dark gives him a typing with good offensive synergy, but guts will probably outclass it thanks to boosted sucker-punch and facade.
Regenerator is more of a progression from run away than anything else and exemplifies the surviveability of rats.

[Stage 3] Ratinaw by Eevee General
Typing:

Ability:
Guts / Run Away
Stats: 75 | 123 | 75 | 70 | 85 | 82 (BST 510)
New Moves: [Tutors] Aqua Tail, Gunk Shot, Iron Head, Seed Bomb, Snatch, Superpower; [TMs/HMs] Rock Tomb, Low Sweep, Focus Blast, Fling, Shadow Claw, Payback, Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Surf
Height / Weight: 4'2'' / 81 lbs
Design/Desc.: A tuft of fur grows into a mohawk. Its tail grows fatter and turns black. Its incisors stick out crookedly and one is chipped. Overall it's larger and bulkier.
Instead of giving Ratinaw a new ability or type, I decided to beef up its movepool by expanding the tutors and TM/HMs it can learn. Raticate has a little elemental flavor already with Electric moves and Shadow Ball, so adding stuff like Aqua Tail, Seed Bomb, and Surf didn't feel that crazy. Superpower, Rock Slide, and Focus Blast tend to be reserved for final evolutions and/or "strong" Pokemon, which Ratinaw is now.

For its stats I bulked it out and upped the Attack but downed the Speed a little. Guts and Hustle are going to hit pretty hard off 123 Attack but by lowering the Speed to 82 I think Ratinaw will be comfortable down in NU. I'd say PU but I think the coverage will help bring it up.

Ratinaw by mcFlareon
Typing:
Normal/Dark
Ability: Guts/Strong Jaw
Stats: 83 | 110 | 70 | 58 | 80 | 107 (BST cannot exceed 510)
New Moves:
Poison Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Gunk Shot, Seed Bomb, Knock Off, Chip Away, Beat Up
Method of Evolution: Level up with Crunch and level 33 at Night
Height / Weight: 3' 11" / 65 lbs
Design/Desc.:
Its fur is short yet shaggy except with some spiky tufts of hair on its head. Its feet now has visibly sharp nails and it grows sharper fangs with small, pointy teeth on the side of the main central fangs. The size of its teeth is a prominent feature that it has to crawl on all fours to support is weight properly. Dark stripes surround the sides of its eyes. The bottom half of its body is covered in a dark shade of grey fur.
It is more aggressive in this form and uses its sharp fangs to intimidate enemies, so Run Away is replaced by Strong Jaw. It learns a lot of Dark type moves in its movepool, so as a natural extension Dark typing is added to support its biting moves as well as its new more aggressive nature. The prominence of the teeth means its Attack is now the highest stat, crawling on all fours gives it some boost in speed but not as much as the Attack- this also lends well to the traits of most Dark types where Attack is the main stat. Added the rest of the fang moves as Level 1 moves in the final form and Normal types do lend themselves to having more versatile movepools.

Ratinaw by SpartanMalice
Typing:
Normal/Fighting
Ability: Guts / Technician
Stats: 83/115/60/50/100/102 (BST cannot exceed 510)
New Moves: +Fake Out, +Power Up Punch, +Tail Slap, +Focus Blast (for flavour), Low Sweep
Method of Evolution: Level Up w / Stick
Height / Weight: 4'10" / 150 lbs
Design/Desc.: I modeled this rat after Master Splinter, but I kind of see it as a rat in a... let's ray red karate gi, but battered up with half sleeves rather than Sawk and Throh's proper, full sleeved-ones. Shiny wears dark grey and its eyes take a reddish tint.

Initially I had two options for this rodent - both involved it being an underground rat. I used !pick to see if it should go the fighting route or the ground route, and it decided on fighting. Now we have quite a few mons based on pop culture (Aggron and Tyranitar are both variations of Godzilla), so I figured - why not a pop culture rat? So this one's based on Master Splinter, and hence is a skinny martial artist type. I initially gave it 125 attack, but it hits hard with guts even at 115 attack. It has enough to have a seperate niche from Ursaring, Zangoose, Conkeldurr etc. It's frail physically - but it can tank special hits (most fighting types have higher SpD than expected, and it fits with the martial arts vibe) - it's also fast and has two useful abilities in Guts and Technician. Combined with access to Swords Dance and Garchomp's speed tier, it should be able to stand out quite a bit.

Ratinaw by Pika Xreme
Typing: Normal/Dark
Ability: Quick Feet/Guts
Hidden Ability: Strong Jaw (Note: Change Hyper Fang and Super Fang to Biting Moves, since for some reason they aren't)
Stats: 75/120/70/60/80/105
New Moves: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Poison Fang
(optional) Method of Evolution: Level up Raticate in a horde of Rattata
Height / Weight: 3'08", 72.8 lbs
Design/Desc.: Based on the mythical creature known as the "Rat King", it and 4 Rattata have been attached at the fused and knotted tails, and have turned the colored area of their fur pitch-black. The Raticate gains more size to its upper fangs, as well. While these dark rats may seem to think as one, in some situations they conflict and are unable to move. Rarely, Ratinaw are found piloted by Sandslash or Raichu, which are much stronger than the standard that forms from Raticate.
Normal/Dark since it is very evil, according to the fact that it gets a ton of Dark Moves, almost as much as Normal moves.

Ratinaw by picksome
Typing: Normal/Water
Ability: Swift Swim / Run Away
Stats: 75 / 108 / 70 / 107 / 61 / 89 (510)
New Moves: Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Surf, Waterfall, Gunk Shot, Hyper Voice, Bug Bite, Hone Claws, Play Rough, Superpower, Focus Blast, Rock Slide
(Ratinaw only) Scald, Muddy Water, Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet
Method of Evolution: Level up with Waterfall
Height / Weight: 3'02" / 87.9 lds.
Design/Desc.: It's fur now is more brown in color, his hands and feet are now webbed, the buck teeth are even larger, the whiskers are also larger, the tail now has fins on the end, and it has some spots of scales.
Since it is mostly based on a muskrat, I'd decided that it would be Water-type. The moves are here because they are for more "powerful" Pokémon, so they fit it. I also added some water moves on Raticade and Play Rough because it is on a lot of Field egg group Pokemon. It gets Swift Swim due to the fact it is a Water type now. I'd also made it have less speed so the it does not be OP with the new ability. The design also makes more reflections to a muskrat with some attributes of fish in there.

Hearow
[Stage 3] Hearow by zerobreaker000
Typing:
Dark/Flying
Ability: Unnerve
Stats: 75/110/70/61/80/124 (BST 520)
New Moves: Snarl, Knock Off, Taunt, Snatch, Night Slash
(Hearow only) Switcheroo, Dark Pulse, Perish Song
Method of Evolution: Level up w/ Snarl
Height / Weight: 1.8 m/51.0 kg
Design / Desc.: Basically Fearow but bigger, having more black on its body and looks partly like tattered cloth.
I'm going to assume that this name comes from "herald" and "sparrow", which is why it's going to be able to learn Perish Song after evolving; that, and how it gets the Dark-type primary typing. Really, "Fear"ow should be Dark enough ._. The BST limit of 520 doesn't really leave much wiggle room for stat boosts, which is why I didn't boost the SpA (which has happened before in Happiny -> Chansey, so it's a thing). Instead, it gets a boost to its Atk, SpD and Speed, alongside with a slight boost in HP and Def. Along with Dark STAB, it gets some utility moves which imo should've been given to Fearow from the very start. Like, seriously? Only 4 Dark-type moves counting Egg Moves?
Ability changes from Keen Eye to Unnerve because imagine a bigger, darker Fearow staring at you. There's no way that's going to be pleasant.

[Stage 3] Hearow by Tarontos
Typing:
normal/flying
Ability: Tough claws
Stats: 75 | 110 | 70 | 95 | 70| 100 | 520
New Moves:
extreme speed,
Method of Evolution: Sharp Beak
Height 4'3"/1.3 m Weight: 93lb / 42kg
Design/Desc.: Elongated version of fearow with golden feathers and a bright read crown, kind of like a mini Ho-oh, and bigger feat
this gives it a nice niche in stab tough claws extreme speed which is slightly weaker than a talonflame brave bird

[Stage 3] Hearow by Eevee General
Typing:

Ability:
Justified
Stats: 85 | 108 | 75 | 71 | 71 | 110 (BST 520)
New Moves: [Level Up] Brave Bird (65); [Tutor] Knock Off, Last Resort; [TMs/HMs] Roar, Taunt, Sky Drop
Method of Evolution: Trade w/ another Pokemon with the Justified ability while holding a Sharp Beak
Height / Weight: 5'9'' / 114 lbs
Design/Desc.: The comb on its head grows longer and falls over to one side. Its tail feathers double in length with two extra long wispy-like feathers that trail behind it. Its wings spread out even more and closely resemble fists. The tuft on its back fades to a darker brown. Its talons and beak grow longer.
I imagine Fearow transforming from angry bird to protector of the flock, hence the name Hearow is supposed to be a play on Hero. Justified fits the hero theme well imo.

For the stats I boosted everything overall with more attention to Speed and Attack, its two best traits. I kept the Special Attack/Defense pattern too.

Last Resort and Roar come with its more powerful forme. Taunt and Knock Off were added because Hearow is ready to confront others head-on in order to protect its flock. Sky Drop was added because its a bigger bird capable of lifting and dropping foes.

Hearow would probably stay in the lower tiers because its still outclassed by the more powerful Staraptor.

Hearow by mcFlareon
Typing:
Dark/Flying
Ability: Intimidate
Stats: 80 | 115 | 75 | 65 | 75 | 110 (BST cannot exceed 520)
New Moves:
Acrobatics, Brave Bird, Sky Drop, Mean Look, Hyper Voice, Knock Off, Taunt, Quash, Sucker Punch, Punishment, Night Slash
Method of Evolution: Level up with Night Slash at Level 30 with Sharp Beak
Height / Weight: 5' 2" / 100 lbs
Design/Desc.:

Its crest grows larger and spikier and in a shape of a crown as the feathers around its neck form a thick collar of silver feathers. Its wingspan extends further and features black feathers at the edges. The look on its eyes become more menacing with a sense of superiority as it likes to spread its giant wings to intimidate smaller creatures. The sight of its shadow with its large wingspan spread out sends smaller critters fleeing.

Fearow always had this menacing/intimidating vibe with its design so I enhanced this aspect in the evolution and the ability Intimidate- which is like a superior Keen Eye (they both have the same effect out of battle if put in the first slot of the party but Intimidate has a better use for in-battles). I added more Flying type moves such as Sky Drop which is mentioned in the Dex entries with more powerful STABs in either Brave Bird or Acrobatics without an item. Taunt and Mean Look add to flavour of new personality, while Hyper Voice is a cry of superiority (and works with the name Hearow). Intimidate can also work with U-turn in Volturn teams, although a bit limited because of SR weakness but the utility is there. Stat-wise, I focused on Attack and Speed as it is Fearow's main characteristics design-wise, with slightly more emphasis on attack to create back up the sense of superiority it has in its power.

Lastly made it a Dark type to separate itself from Staraptor as it already learns a few Dark moves level up such as Pursuit and Assurance. It also gives it a niche as a fast offensive Dark/Flying compared to Honchkrow and Mandibuzz.

Hearow by picksome
Typing: Ground/Flying
Ability: Reckless
Stats: 85 / 120 / 69 / 71 / 65 / 110
New Moves: Brave Bird, Knock Off, Megahorn, Night Slash
(Hearow only) Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, Dig, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Earth Power, Poison Jab, Wild Charge, Sand Tomb, Sandstorm
Method of Evolution: Trade with Soft Sand
Height / Weight: 5'03" / 149.3 lbs.
Design/Desc.: It's beak grows and looks more like a drill. It's feathers are larger and are now tan. The crest now has hints of grey and tan and is filled with sand. It's back feathers are now longer and it's back now has sand traps.
Well, this makes it have more of a relation with Ground, so I'd extended it a bit. I'd gave it Reckless and Wild Charge to set it out from Staraptor.

[Stage 3] Hearow by SpartanMalice
Typing:

Ability:
Intimidate
Stats: 93 / 120 / 65 / 61 / 61 / 120 (BST 520)
New Moves: Brave Bird, Iron Head, Bulk Up
Method of Evolution: Trade w/ Metal Coat
Height / Weight: 6 ft, 45 kg
Design/Desc.: I found this design while going through google, I personally like it as it fits with my idea of light armor and even allows it to separate itself rom Skarmory. That being said, I will try to draw the design if this gets accepted. So for now, credit to the creator of this artwork, EventHorizontal:

Fearow was my favourite of the Gen 1 Com-mons, and when Skarmory surfaced I always thought they looked kind of similar. In addition, they share the common ability of Keen Eye - that being said, Sniper is a pretty solid ability, so I wish to remove Keen Eye instead.

We all know how useful Skarmory is in AAA as an offensive mon, and although I won't be going with Gale Wings I wished to make it go the offensive route to seperate itself from Skarm.

Moving on to stats. I felt that modifying three stats seemed easier than spreading them out, but to not make it too weird, I used Excadrill as a base: High HP, poor defenses, not too widespread movepool, good speed and attack.

As for moves - pretty straightforward. However Swords Dance seemed too powerful and it didn't seem to make sense, so as it gained "Armor", why not bulk up? Iron Head and BB for stabs.

Lastly, for the ability, I went by Fearow's pokedex description and the other two instances of Keen Eye being removed - Weavile and Staravia, which gain Pressure and Intimidate instead. Intimidate seemed nice as Fearow was pretty intimidating originally, and Hearow is supposed to be even more intimidating.

[Stage 3] Hearow by The Reptile

Typing:

Ability:
Reckless
Stats: 70 | 105 | 80 | 66 | 66 | 125 [BST 512]
New Moves: Brave Bird, Double-Edge (level-up), Submission
Method of Evolution: Trade Fearow while holding the Heroes Scarf
Height / Weight: 4'13.8" / 111.1 lb
Design/Desc.: His mohawk becomes more akin to shonen protagonist hair. The white feathers it had on its back wrap around its neck like a scarf, and it pops out more. It's wings and face look more ferocious.
Ability: Keen Eye changing into something else isn't unheard of (Starly and Sneasel), so I chose Reckless, to represent Hearow as a reckless hero who charges head-first into battle.
Movepool: This is also why it now has Brave Bird, Double-Edge, and Submission

Starus
[Stage 3] Starus by zerobreaker000
Typing:
Water/Psychic
Ability: Lightning Rod/Regenerator
Stats: 60/100/60/115/75/130 (BST: 540)
New Moves: Autotomize, Water Shuriken
(Starus only) Wild Charge, Meteor Mash, Wish, Zen Headbutt
Method of Evolution: Level up w/ Comet Shard
Height / Weight: 1.6 m/154.5 kg
Design / Desc.: A comet-like starfish with crystal shards forming a trail behind it.
Since with Eviolite Starmie is going to be a really great bulky attacker, I made Starus a fast sweeper instead. Lightning Rod can be seen as the gem in the middle of its body absorbing the energy, and Regenerator is just to differenciate itself from Starmie's Natural Cure. And Analytic is still useless, but eh, nothing much can replace it and still fit the flavor. The stats leans towards boosting offensive power overall, especially in Atk with how it's a comet now. Water Shuriken is something Starmie really should've gotten, and Starus is able to take advantage of that with its usable Atk; Meteor Mash is, uh, meteor-related, same with Wish, and Autotomize comes from the fact that starfish can live with arms cut off.

[Stage 3] Starus by Tarontos
Typing:
Water/Psychic
ability: serene grace/natural Cure
Stats: 80 | 80 | 80 | 110 | 80 | 120
New Moves:
N/A
Method of Evolution: Normal Gem
Height 3'07"/1.1 Weight: 17.6 lbs / 8 Kg
Design/Desc.: The gem shifts to take up the entire front star while the back star stays blue
Serene grace scald

[Stage 3] Starus by Eevee General
Typing:

Ability:
Stats: 70 | 95 | 75 | 135 | 75 | 100 (BST 550)
New Moves: [Level Up] Water Shuriken (40), Energy Ball (47), Muddy Water (53); [Tutor] Gastro Acid, Giga Drain, Gunk Shot, Iron Defense; [TMs/HMs] Venoshock, Energy Ball, Charge Beam, Explosion, Strength
Method of Evolution: Trade while holding the Mysterious Gem
Height / Weight: 4' / 203 lbs
Design/Desc.: Another row of feet are added to its body (going from 10 -> 20), making it resemble a sunflower starfish. It changes in color to a vivid goldenrod yellow and the gem turns dark red.
Finally! Starfish are known for regenerating body parts, so giving it Regenerator is long overdue. In order to tone down its new HO capabilities I lowered its Speed to an uncomfortable 100 benchmark. Who said starfish were fast anyway?

Water Shuriken has been a common addition for Starus and I followed suite. I gave it more Attack to utilize, however, making Water Shuriken very viable on a mixed set to let Starus act as a revenger in some circumstances. I added more "starfish" moves too like Giga Drain (sucks shellfish from their shells) and Gastro Acid (inverts its stomach to dissolve prey.) Explosion because why shouldn't a starfish explode? Strength because starfish are pretty strong and the extra legs give it even more strength.

This Starus looks like a top contender for OU and will probably always have a Life Orb which is mitigated by Regenerator. The lower defenses make it more vulnerable, however, particularly to Pursuit users like Scarf Ttar and Bisharp w/ Sucker Punch.

Starus by mcFlareon
[[Typing]]:
Water/Psychic
Ability: Magic Guard/Natural Cure
Stats: 107 | 75 | 75 | 100 | 75 | 118 (BST cannot exceed 550)
New Moves:
Water Shuriken, Meteor Mash, Flash, Aurora Beam, Healing Wish, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, Baton Pass, Wish
Method of Evolution: Trade with Comet Shard
Height / Weight: 4' 7" / 250 lbs
Design/Desc.:

The core turns into a shape similar to the Comet Shard as third layer of arms make Starus more 3D than before. The body is now a metallic silver colour that easily reflects the colours around its body. The three layers spin independently and each layer is smaller in size than the front, creating the illusion of a trail of stars or a comet when it moves in high speeds. A mini-metallic star orbits around the main body. Think of it as a mothership of metallic Staryu fusion.

To try and differentiate it from an Eviolite Starmie, I've tried to make it more of a fast cleric/support type, to try and balance the new ability changes. Added more flavour moves and also support moves to create the theme of "Wishing Stars" so there's moves like Healing Wish and Wish- all only for the evolution. Its frailer now with the defenses but it now has more HP to assist with the Wish support role. Special Attack remains the same and in fact can be boosted by Life Orb to differ from Eviolite Starmie.

As for abilites, Magic Guard is like Clefable as both have mystical powers and a connection to space (Starmie's dex entries speculates it is an alien). This also extends to a mothership theme. Also Rapid Spin Magic Guard is interesting. Regenerator because starfish regenerate arms and can also be used in synergy with either Wish, Rapid Spin or Life Orb.

[Stage 3] Starus by The Reptile

Typing:

Ability:
Stats: 60 | 75 | 90 | 140 | 90 | 95 [BST 550]
New Moves: None
Method of Evolution: Trade Starmie while holding a Radiant Ruby
Height / Weight: 4'10.7" / 256.6 lb
Design/Desc.: Following the trend of Staryu and Starmie, it is now a 20-pointed starfish. The red gem on its "face" is now much larger, and a smaller smooth red gem (one that resembles Staryu's but a bit bigger) can be seen inside the massive red gem. It's limbs are now a dark purple, and the "gold" encasing the gem now has 10 little lines instead of 8.
Ability: I kept Analytic as its ability. It's new stat spread is much better than Starmies in terms of abusing Analytic - now, rather than just hitting switches it can also hit faster Pokemon. Meanwhile, it is not slow enough to be consider slow, and it's bulky enough to take a hit and retaliate with its much higher 140 SpA.

Stats: Sticking to the Porygon 2 --> PorygonZ type of evolution, you will notice that Porygon2 and PorygonZ have the same HP. This is also true for Scyther --> Scizor. For that reason, Starus keeps its terrible 60 HP. To make up for it, it has respectable 95 defenses and an astronomical 140 SpA. 95 Speed is just fast enough to not be slow while also letting it abuse Analytic a little better than Starmie can by outslowing things. This lets Starmie act as a supporter with Eviolite and as a speedy special attacker, while Starus is more of a wallbreaker.

Starus by picksome
Typing: Water/Psychic
Abilities: Regenerator/Natural Cure
Stats: 80 / 110 / 70 / 115 / 70 / 105
New Moves: Water Shuriken, Automatize, Zen Headbutt, Poison Jab, Gastro Acid, Explosion
(Starus only) Meteor Mash, Gunk Shot, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Bounce, Flash, Healing Wish
Method of Evolution: Trade with Odd Incense
Height / Weight: 5'03" / 349.3 lbs.
Design/Desc.: It now gains 5 more arms, has shards coming off it's body, and the core is bigger and fuses with the arms, making them gold. It's non-gold arms are now changed to a yellow and the core is blue.
This makes it more related to comets, so it is now extended and has moves kept by a lot of Psychic-types.

Lickilil
[Stage 1] Lickilil by zerobreaker000
Typing:
Normal
Ability: Own Tempo/Oblivious
Stats: 75/25/50/35/55/15 (BST 255)
New Moves: Slack Off, Thunder Wave
Loses access to: Power Whip, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Thunder, Earthquake, Giga Impact
Method of Evolution: Level 20
Height / Weight: 0.5 m/32.2 kg
Design / Desc.: A small cartoonified lizard with its tongue wrapping around its whole body like a belt.
Having this as a baby pokemon in mind, I put its stats around 230~270. A 75/50/55 bulk is pretty good in LC after a bit of calcs, able to tank an impressive amount of moves including Amaura's Hyper Beam with a Careful 236/36/236 spread, taking 59.2 - 70.3% damage. That's the strongest special move you can hit it with (in the calculator, at least). Combine that with Slack Off for reliable recovery (finally!) and Thunder Wave (tongue can inflict paralysis) to deter opponents from setting up, and it would be usable in LC. Also, Lickitung is now booted from LC, so no need to worry about how broken it would be with Slack Off, heh.

[Baby] Lickilil by Eevee General
Typing:

Ability:
Own Tempo / Sticky Hold
Stats: 70 | 15 | 50 | 40 | 50 | 15 (BST 240)
New Moves: [Level Up] -Wring Out, -Power Whip; [Tutor] -Focus Punch, -Icy Wind, -Knock Off; [TMs/HMs] -Blizzard, -Hyper Beam, -Earthquake, -Giga Impact, -Swords Dance, -Strength
Method of Evolution: To attain: Breed Lickilicky while holding Strong Enzymes; To evolve: Level up w/ max happiness
Height / Weight: 1'4'' / 84 lbs
Design/Desc.: Its tongue barely sticks out of its mouth and it flicks it in and out in its animation. Its tail shrinks and curls up like a pig's. It only has one "stretch mark" on its belly now. It has no toes. Its head is barely distinguishable from its body.
I made Sticky Hold a precursor to Oblivious because I imagine Lickilil is still getting used to its oversized tongue and wants to catch anything it can with it.

Its HP stays its best stat and it has solid bulk for a baby but really bad attacking stats. I removed a lot of moves I thought were too powerful for a Normal-type baby to know.

In LC it would actually be a pretty good wall I think. 70/50/50 bulk with a permanent Eviolite (bar Mold Breaker) will let it come in on a lot of mixed attackers. Sadly it can no longer use Wish, an event move. But it can still Toxic foes and shuffle with Dragon Tail.

Lickilil by mcFlareon
[[Typing]]:
Normal
Ability: Pickup / Oblivious
Stats: 80| 45 | 50 | 50 | 60 | 15 (BST cannot exceed 300)
New Moves:
(Added) Copycat, Sweet Kiss, Charm
(Removed) Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Giga Impact, Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail, Iron Tail,
Method of Evolution: Max happiness during the day while holding a HP healing Berry
Height / Weight: 2' 0" / 90 lbs
Design/Desc.:
Constantly has its wet tongue sticking out of its mouth (like :P) that is the same size as its head. It has a small drool trail under its mouth like Gloom. It has no tail and has a simple, blob-like shape body ala Quagsire. Its belly has a simple yellow bib-shaled design that starts from the neck while it has short, stubby pink feet. Its eyes are two horizontal lines like Snorlax as it uses its tongue to 'see' its surroundings as the eyesight is still poor at this stage.

Lickitung's main stat is HP so Lickilil has that stat as its highest. Mainly based on Lickitung's stats (surprising how Sp. Atk was slightly higher than Atk, never knew Lickitung had this peculiarity) except the Speed is very low because of its plump body size and infantile personality. Poor eyesight and reliance on tongue can lead it to picking up items hence Pickup replacing Own tempo.

Last edited:
Ratinaw: Pika Xreme
Hearow: The Reptile
Starus: zerobreaker000
Lickilil: zerobreaker000

Last edited by a moderator:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Ratinaw: mcFlareon
Hearow: zerobreaker000
Starus: The Reptile

Last edited by a moderator:

EV

Banned deucer.
Ratinaw: The Reptile
Hearow: The Reptile
Lickilil: Eevee General

SpartanMalice

Damn, I flopped big time.

Ratinaw: mcFlareon
Hearow: SpartanMalice

EV

Banned deucer.
Winners!

Ratinaw: by The Reptile
Hearow: by The Reptile
Starus: by The Reptile
Lickilil: by zerobreaker000

I'll add them to the dex. Here's the next slate!

[Stage 1] Psyduck
[Stage 2] Golduck
[Stage 3] Lagoloon

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 500)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

~
[Stage 1] Pawniard
[Stage 2] Bisharp
[Stage 3] ???

Typing:
Ability:
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

~
[Baby] Drugon

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 320)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

[Stage 1] Druddigon
[Stage 2] Crimsagon

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | x | x (BST cannot exceed 535)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

~
[Baby] Tyrogue
[Stage 1] Hitmonchan / Hitmonlee / Hitmontop
[Stage 3] Hitmonchamp / Hitmonkick / Hitmonspin (3 separate templates)

Typing:
Ability:
Stats: x | x | x | x | [[110]] | x (BST cannot exceed 530)
New Moves:
(optional)
Method of Evolution:
Height / Weight:
x / x
Design/Desc.:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)