The Cafe's International Food Fest!

Pokemon Showdown has users from all around the globe with different background cultures and most importantly FOOD! Recently, Cafe staff have shared their favorite dishes from their hometowns and cultures here. This thread is for PS users to share their culture through their foods that showcase their culture and countries/states. We hope to have a dish from every country in the world to make a PS food map in the future!

To participate in this thread please answer the following questions:

What is your ps-username?

What country / state are you from?

What is your favourite dish from your country / state?

Dish description: What traditions are correlated with said dish? What is it paired with?

Don't forget to post a picture of your dish so the rest of the community can learn more about it!

Mitsuki

São Paulo, Brazil

Coxinha

Dish description: What traditions are correlated with said dish? What is it paired with?

It's a popular, deep-fried Brazilian snack and it is based on dough made with wheat flour and chicken broth. It's commonly filled with shredded, spiced chicken breast, but you can fill it with pretty much anything.

It's very easy to find these around here. It's not really paired with anything and I don't think there's any tradition around it either. It's delicious, though. Very delicious. I think everyone should try it, really.

Mitsuki

São Paulo, Brazil

Coxinha

It's a popular, deep-fried Brazilian snack and it is based on dough made with wheat flour and chicken broth. It's commonly filled with shredded, spiced chicken breast, but you can fill it with pretty much anything.

It's very easy to find these around here. It's not really paired with anything and I don't think there's any tradition around it either. It's delicious, though. Very delicious. I think everyone should try it, really.
That looks amazing! Imagine those with a cold beer!

Aetherskull

Hampshire, England

Corned beef pie

Corned beef was heavily used by British families during WW1 and WW2 due to the rationing of fresh meat, As a result a number of recipes were made during that which have remained with us as a comfort food.

P.S. in other countries the British kind is often called bully beef as it's different from what Americans call corned beef but still pretty similar.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
What is your ps-username? forrce

What country / state are you from? Connecticut, USA

What is your favourite dish from your country / state? Raw Oysters on the half shell

There’s a thing that happens near i live called oyster fest. Fun thing where they serve good food, especially oysters. You can add Hot sauce or lemon juice for extra flavoring.

Aetherskull

Hampshire, England

Corned beef pie

Corned beef was heavily used by British families during WW1 and WW2 due to the rationing of fresh meat, As a result a number of recipes were made during that which have remained with us as a comfort food.

P.S. in other countries the British kind is often called bully beef as it's different from what Americans call corned beef but still pretty similar.
Oh man! corned beef in a pie how could that go wrong!

What is your ps-username? forrce

What country / state are you from? Connecticut, USA

What is your favourite dish from your country / state? Raw Oysters on the half shell

There’s a thing that happens near i live called oyster fest. Fun thing where they serve good food, especially oysters. You can add Hot sauce or lemon juice for extra flavoring.
This seems super fancy! def on my bucket list!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)