The Battle Spot Forum's Official 3v3 Tournament Discussion Thread [won by cant say]

Joint Cena

I swear I'm nice!

Official Battle Spot Tournament Discussion and Predictions
Aproved by
Hulavuta cant say
S/outs to Candy on the banner.

Welcome to the 1st Official Battle Spot Tournament Prediction where your voice is heard.

Place your predictions on who's gonna win the R1 and R2/so on.

This is all for fun and gonna be a thread to talk about predictions, just tour rounds that could be hype.

Round 1 Matches [Done] Kinda
freekhoorn vs. ethan06 (1-0)(Hype)
Omastar68 vs. HipolitoThe3rd Zuzuskiku (2-0)
NOVED (1-0) vs. tj12182 Shad0wBlazze[Sub]
a0161613 (1-0) vs. Night Fallen Wolf
Demantoid (2-0) vs. PumpedAaron (Hype)
ThimoTheUltimateBOBO surgical_tubing vs. Mattapod
DragonWhale (1-0) vs. Luiz Ricardo Interliche (Hyyyype)
cant say (3-0) vs. jroxas
Brian12345 (1-0) vs. Tommy Wagner average fella [sub]
Chras Ticktick (1-0) vs. Mishimono
Wild locoghoul
vs. Psynergy (2-0)
Psychomew2 (3-0) vs. kamikaze17
Impact (2-0) vs. Marshmallow_king
Hyjack
[sub]Memoria (2-0) vs. Jhon
6tennis vs. Chadizard
aniravjain vs. Buckert (1-1) aniravjain forfeited.

Round 2 Matches [Done]

Round 2 Link to the tour ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-battle-spot-forums-official-3v3-tournament-round-2.3568345/ )
ethan06 vs. Zukushiku (2-0)
NOVED (1-0) vs. a0161613
Demantoid
(2-0) vs. ([R1] surgical_tubing vs. Mattapod)
DragonWhale vs. cant say (2-0)
Brian12345 vs. Ticktick
Psynergy vs.
Psychomew2 (2-0)
Impact vs. Memoria (1-0)
([R1] ShinySopheon (1-0) vs. Chadizard) (2-0) vs. Buckert

freekhoorn (3-0) vs. Omastar68
Shad0wBlazze (0-0) vs. Night Fallen Wolf
PumpedAaron vs. vs. Mattapod (0-0)
_Luiz Ricardo Interliche vs. jroxas (0-0)
average fella (0-0) vs. Mishimono
locoghoul (2-0)vs. kamikaze17
Marshmallow_king vs. Jhon (3-0)
Chadizard vs. aniravjain (aniravjain clicked X Forfeited)

Round 3 Matches [Done]

Tour getting hype on winners side
Zukushiku vs. NOVED (0-0)
Demantoid vs. cant say (2-0)
Brian12345 vs. Psynergy (1-0)
Memoria (1-0) vs. ShinySopheon

Buckert (2-0) vs. freekhoorn
Impact
vs. Shad0wBlazze (1-0)
Psychomew2 (0-0) vs. Mattapod
Ticktick
vs. jroxas (0-0)
DragonWhale (2-0) vs. average fella
surgical_tubing (2-0)vs. locoghoul
a0161613
vs. Jhon (3-0)
ethan06 vs. Chadizard (0-0)

Buckert (3-0) vs. Shad0wBlazze
Psychomew2
vs. jroxas (1-0)
DragonWhale (3-0) vs. surgical_tubing
Chadizard
vs. Jhon (1-0)

Winners Round 5 and Losers Round 5 [Done]

Semis :D

NOVED vs. cant say
Psynergy vs. Memoria (1-0)

Demantoid (1-0) vs. Buckert
Zukushiku
vs. jroxas (0-0)
ShinySopheon (2-0) vs. DragonWhale
Brian12345
vs. Jhon (2-0)

Winners Round 6 and Losers Round 6 [Done]

NOVED vs. cant say

Demantoid vs. jroxas
ShinySopheon vs. Jhon

• Will add more when tour keeps advancing :)
Discuss broskis.
No Flamming or Spamming this thread. 1st time making a thread, don't kill me

Last edited:
gl to everyone playing! excited to see what kind of stuff everyone's gonna bring. im gonna try to keep track of usage.

kinda boring matchups to start the tour off. but looking at the challonge bracket r2 is gonna be a lot more exciting

freekhoorn vs. ethan06
Omastar68 vs. HipolitoThe3rd
a0161613 vs. Night Fallen Wolf
Demantoid vs. PumpedAaron (Hype)
ThimoTheUltimateBOBO vs. Mattapod
DragonWhale vs. Luiz Ricardo Interliche
cant say vs. jroxas
Brian12345 vs. Tommy Wagner
Chras vs. Mishimono
Wild vs. Psynergy
Impact vs. Marshmallow_king
Hyjack vs. Jhon
6tennis vs. Chadizard
aniravjain vs. Buckert

i hope my dude psynergy flexxes over all these ppl and gets far in the tour, lookin forward to fresh replays as well.

freekhoorn vs. ethan06
Demantoid vs. PumpedAaron (Hype)
cant say vs. jroxas
Chras vs. Mishimono
Wild vs. Psynergy
Hyjack vs. Jhon
6tennis vs. Chadizard
aniravjain vs. Buckert

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
freekhoorn vs. ethan06
Comment: The match could go either way since freekhoorn has experience under his belt, but ethan being one of the top Australian seeds should be able to get through this one without too much trouble.

Comment: Nothing much to say, Omastar68 is the "bible" of the entire battle spot community lol.

NOVED vs. tj12182
Comment: Drizzled NOVED the godsend for a sweet 3-0.

Comment: Not much to comment on.

Demantoid vs. PumpedAaron
Comment: Aaron does have two things Demantoid does not, HYPE and Machamp! Will be cheering for the underdog here. Regardless, Demantoid has the mons and skills to take the entire tour.

Comment: I'm hoping this guy wins since its like his "representing" the BOBO fanclub.

Comment: Extremely tough match for senpai since Luiz performed so well in today's room tour and went on to defeat top Japanese player infinity and USA young gun Shadow. Side note: ANOTHER extremely tough match for DW senpai next round (against cant say).

cant say vs. jroxas
Comment: Smooth sailing for cant say unless beer and volleyball get the better of him.

Comment: Brian is a regular winner of room tours so I have confidence in this guy to pull through with relative ease.

Chras vs. Mishimono
Comment: No idea who the other person is so Mishi I guess.

Wild vs. Psynergy
Comment: Smooth sailing for the Rayquaza master and serebii SMOD Psynergy senpai.

Comment: N/A

Hyjack vs. Jhon
Comment: Definitely going with Jhon here as many veterans have their eyes on this top talented player.

6tennis vs. Chadizard
Comment: 6tennis unless he gets cocky or disconnects mid match.

aniravjain vs. Buckert
Comment: India's top seed and one of the rising stars in the PS room. Super tough round ahead since 6tennis will most likely be his next opponent.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First tour hype! Hopefully this is the first of many of these. I'm interested to see what sort of teams / strats people will use. Since we're all used to building teams that are meant to just win more games than you lose on the ladder, rather than more reliable / tournament-friendly strats. But then again, gimmicks / surprise strats are really strong in bo1 so it may be no different / even crazier than the ladder meta. I just hope I can get all the stuff I need on cart so I have enough options to be able to change things up in the later rounds (if I make them!!).

Predicts: (also requesting a predicts leaderboard)

freekhoorn vs. ethan06
NOVED vs. tj12182
a0161613 vs. Night Fallen Wolf - no idea
cant say vs. jroxas
Chras vs. Mishimono
Wild vs. Psynergy
Psychomew2 vs. kamikaze17 - rip kami
Hyjack vs. Jhon
6tennis vs. Chadizard
aniravjain vs. Buckert

freekhoorn vs. ethan06
I don't know about who I nommed, but ethan06 may lack the drive to do what it takes to craft a solid cart team so based on that prediction, I will predict his demise! Or maybe I'll be completely wrong! Find out on the next episode of w/e this is called!

Omastar68 has proven his (or her correct me if I'm wrong if you're opponent doesn't end you to begin with) knowledge and skill at this wonderful game time and time again so I'd sweat and cry for hours and hours leading up to the game if I were hipolitothe3rd!

NOVED vs. tj12182
Numbers in a username don't bode well. Remember this NOVED. Fear the crimson numbers of doom!

Numbers of death strike best at night! Indeed this will be a fallen wolf on the battlefield

There are powerful forces driving depression to suicide. And Demantoid has the bss force of a broken soul's pain!

Mattapod will underestimate BOBO because of the colorufl name and will get crit right through harden

DragonWhale has proven his incompetence time and time again on various streams. His failure at bss in general should just give him an automatic dq but this tournament is also so individuals like DW can have funsies and not throw themselves into the depths of ultimate despair so soon

cant say vs. jroxas
His lackluster performance in Pokken will cause cant say to be on PokeTilt causing his demise in everything even remotely Poke.

Numbers of death

Chras vs. Mishimono
I don't even know. I just like the name tbh

Wild vs. Psynergy
Psynergy will burst onto the tournament scene in his cherry-exploding debut!

Will show the adverse IMPACT of marshmallows on human health

Hyjack vs. Jhon
Will use cute and cuddly little cup accomplishments to emotionally deplete and paralyze his opponent's will to battle to death.

6tennis vs. Chadizard
6tennis has lost before the game even started. Chadizard devours at least 7tennis regularly

aniravjain
vs. Buckert
Members of the Empire are formidable. And that is what aniravjain is.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
freekhoorn vs. ethan06
NOVED vs. tj12182
a0161613
vs. Night Fallen Wolf
DragonWhale
vs. Luiz Ricardo Interliche
cant say vs. jroxas
Chras vs. Mishimono
Wild vs. Psynergy
Hyjack vs. Jhon
6tennis
vs. Chadizard
aniravjain vs. Buckert

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
dude wtf GroudonEmpire that all makes literally 0 sense lmao but I'm gonna leave it up because the roast of DW was so savage so I'll let you off with a stern warning

With that out of the way, I guess I'll make some serious predictions. I am hosting the tournament but I wanna get in on the fun too.

freekhoorn vs. ethan06

I haven't seen ethan06 play that much, so I'm not entirely sure of his style. But I've played against freekhoorn a bit and from his posts I can see he has a loyalty to the underrated and unorthodox which are hard to pull off and could cost him. However, I also hear that ethan has an unusual style as well. From what I know, freekhoorn plays a bit on the defensive side so ethan should be able to take the win with some shenanigans.

I don't really know HipolitoThe3rd but my gut is saying to go with young padawan Omastar. He has a bunch of strange and unorthodox sets but strange sets can often do the trick just due to sheer unpredictability, especially in a best of one where you don't have much time to adapt.

NOVED vs. tj12182

tj's an unknown, I'd give this one to NOVED just because I know him. We don't really know how new to the game tj is, but NOVED seems a safe bet.

I'd give this one to a0 just due to the fact that he's a vet. I am not quite sure how either of these guys play though.

I hear that Demantoid is good but I haven't seen him play. On the other hand, PumpedAaron likes to try more unusual stuff so I think this is gonna be a really good game to see.

Matt is my dear friend and the only other person here who hosts Wi-Fi tournaments, but I'm gonna have to give it to Thimo. He's got the amazing Colonel Sanders avatar and he's an unknown so there's the element of unpredictability there. Mattapod tends to be busy nowadays and plays a lot of various metas so I'm not sure if he'll have the focus to pull this one out, especially considering he often struggles with lategame decisions. However, I'd like to see him win.

Luiz impressed everyone in the room tournament yesterday, but I still think DragonWhale can pull this one out. It depends on whether or not Luiz only sticks to one style or has flexibility. If it's the former, DW should be able to counter team him for the win. The real question is if DW will resort to using Swagger Klefki.

nvm that was candy impersonating Luiz but yeah DW won anyway so doesn't matter loool

cant say vs. jroxas

This was a tough one because jroxas is an unknown. But I already saw cant say doing his homework in terms of researching his opponent, so I think he'll be able to pull out some tricks. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see jroxas take it.

I am not familiar with either of these guys, but I'll go with Brian based on name alone, since he's around our community a lot. From what I've got of Tommy Wagner on Google and such, he does seem to be an active player but as for his real skill, we're not sure. I think he'll get DQ'd on activity though.

Chras vs. Mishimono

Chras is an unknown whereas Mishimono has had some success in VGC, so he has at least general Pokemon knowledge that should help him win this one. Still though, he was seen asking for Pokemon in the chat the other day, which makes it seem like he's still new to the meta, or at least only plays on Showdown. I think this will be a close one.

Wild vs. Psynergy

Predicting Wild to get replaced on inactivity but if he doesn't, I think Psynergy will take this. I really don't know much about either player but like Mishimono, Psynergy is a successful VGC player and actually plays BSS, or at least did, so I think he'll be able to pull it out.

It's a toss up for me. They're both unknowns so it's hard to say. I'll go with Impact 'cause he's been around longer.

Hyjack vs. Jhon

Don't really know much about either of these guys either, but Jhon has a custom title for winning something so once again I'll just go with him for general Pokemon knowlege.

6tennis vs. Chadizard

6tennis is using my Pokemon so I certainly hope he wins...but Chad seems to be really itching for Wi-Fi battles which leads me to believe he's pretty experienced Who knows. Giving it to Chad though.

aniravjain vs. Buckert

Really tight one, but I'll give it to the Indian legend anira. He beat Luiz in the roomtour the other day and I've heard good things about him too as he seems to be one of the more active players nowadays. I think it'll be a close one but I'm counting on anira to take it out.

dude wtf GroudonEmpire that all makes literally 0 sense lmao but I'm gonna leave it up because the roast of DW was so savage so I'll let you off with a stern warning

cant say vs. jroxas

This was a tough one because jroxas is an unknown. But I already saw cant say doing his homework in terms of researching his opponent, so I think he'll be able to pull out some tricks. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see jroxas take it.
Good thing I'm too new for anything informative to be out there! Hahaha I'm so glad it's double elimination

Ugh i lost, it was very close, it was a wonderful battle however :D. How does the remainder of the tournament works? What does double elimination exactly mean?

Ugh i lost, it was very close, it was a wonderful battle however :D. How does the remainder of the tournament works? What does double elimination exactly mean?
After your first loss you get put into the losers' bracket, where you'll play against other people who've lost once. If you lose again, you're out.

Usually, the winner of the losers' bracket has to defeat the winners' bracket winner twice in order to be considered the champion. Not sure whether that's the case here.

Joint Cena

I swear I'm nice!
Yeah, even if you lose R1 you get another chance in Losers bracket. However if you lose in Losers bracket then you're out of the tour. if the Champion loses in losers bracket, he gets to play you again.

Umm...are people really making predictions based solely on people's reputations or their usernames? Or is there more logic behind some predictions like so and so has battled this person and lost, but mayb won against the other person?

Anyways, I hope I do as good as people think I'm gonna do. The team I'm using isn't the one Ive been using recently on PS that's been doing quite good(tho I might get that bred for a later round...@NOVED, you do not get to tell everyone what it is :P.) Still, I don't think I'll lose right away(or at least if I do I don't think I'd be knocked out of the loser's bracket immediately.) That said I'd b even more surprised if I won the tourney.

Btw, I like the way this tournament works with the double elimination and everything. Seems way fancier then just winner goes to next round and loser is out, and accounts partially for hax.

Umm...are people really making predictions based solely on people's reputations or their usernames? Or is there more logic behind some predictions like so and so has battled this person and lost, but mayb won against the other person?

Anyways, I hope I do as good as people think I'm gonna do. The team I'm using isn't the one Ive been using recently on PS that's been doing quite good(tho I might get that bred for a later round...@NOVED, you do not get to tell everyone what it is :P.) Still, I don't think I'll lose right away(or at least if I do I don't think I'd be knocked out of the loser's bracket immediately.) That said I'd b even more surprised if I won the tourney.

Btw, I like the way this tournament works with the double elimination and everything. Seems way fancier then just winner goes to next round and loser is out, and accounts partially for hax.
Some predicts are based on just knowing if someones a good battler, especially in 1st round where we havent seen a lot of guys play yet. Some might be joking, or based on hunches, or based on who someone's friends are. It's mostly just for fun, nothing serious.

Once we get to later rounds tho i think people can make better predicts when we see how people are doing.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey y'all, just wanted to let you know that the inactive players were subbed out so we've got new matchups. So feel free to update your predictions!

Usually, the winner of the losers' bracket has to defeat the winners' bracket winner twice in order to be considered the champion. Not sure whether that's the case here.
Yep, that's it. Because everyone has to lose twice to be out.

Unfortunately, we don't have any data like you're talking about, with how people have done against others in the past and such, because this is our first tournament! So hopefully in the future we can use that data to make predictions, but for our first time we're stuck with just reputations to go off of, hehe.

And I am glad people are enjoying the double elimination format, I am rather fond of it myself.

Joint Cena

I swear I'm nice!
New Match ups for Round 1

Omastar68 vs. Zukushiku (2-0)
NOVED (1-0) vs. Shad0wBlazze
Brian12345 (1-0) vs. average fella
Psynergy (2-0) vs. locoghoul

Edit: Also making a tour prediction leaderboard :)

Edit2: surgical_tubing vs. Mattapod new match up for R1

Last edited:

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Omastar68 vs. Zukushiku
Comment: Get a move on already, I'm really looking forward to the next round between the Bible and the Australian (ethan06).
Rage EDIT: Omastar68 was a lie, there was no bible!!! *flips a table*
Alright ethan06, you've got some revenge killing to do, otherwise you know what's coming for ya (the title of Australian #2).

NOVED vs. Shad0wBlazze
Comment: Is this the Shadow from the room tour the other day? If so this broski is decent. Shouldn't be too "hot" to handle for NOVED the godsend as Drizzle helps a lot against Blaze (if you get da drift). Either a tight 2-0 or a close 1-0 from haxing.

Brian12345 vs. average fella
Comment: You gotta be at least "above average fella" if you wanna take on Brian12345, his skills and reputation in the room tours are second only to Demantoid (USA) and infinitymcds (JAPAN).

Psynergy vs. locoghoul
Comment: Ain't gonna matter who the opponent is for Psynergy.G, Rayquaza simply destroys everything in its path. On a more serious note, curious to see Psynergy going up against the person that defeated our doubles magician, kamikaze17.

aniravjain vs. Buckert (1-1) aniravjain forfeited.
Comment: Ok it seems like I underestimated Buckert a bit, but I gotta hand it to him for taking out a rising star in the very first round. Anirav you've got a tough journey ahead of ya, the loser's bracket is only going to get more difficult.

Last edited:
Omastar68 vs. Zukushiku
Comment: Get a move on already, I'm really looking forward to the next round between the Bible and the Australian (ethan06).
Lol, I just lost horribly. I think Zukushiku saved the replay-I didn't-but the gist is he had a TR team and it completely destroyed me. I had no idea what to do lol. This isn't my main team, though now that I think about it even that one is not happy with TR. Thos team especially has a decent number of Psychic weaks, so the common Psychic TR Pokes are not kind to me.

EDIT: My mind is starting to go. I came back to this thread to delete the mention of his team being a TR team, so I don't mess with surprise value, but I just realized people can easily figure out its TR from the video lol.

Last edited:

Joint Cena

I swear I'm nice!
Round 2 Matches

ethan06 vs. Zukushiku
NOVED
vs. a0161613
Demantoid vs. ([R1] surgical_tubing vs. Mattapod)
DragonWhale vs. cant say
Brian12345
vs. Ticktick
Psynergy vs. Psychomew2
Impact vs. Memoria
([R1] ShinySopheon vs. Chadizard) vs. Buckert

freekhoorn vs. Omastar68
Shad0wBlazze vs. Night Fallen Wolf
PumpedAaron vs. (surgical_tubing vs. Mattapod)
Luiz Ricardo Interliche vs. jroxas
average fella vs. Mishimono
locoghoul vs. kamikaze17
Marshmallow_king vs. Jhon
(ShinySopheon vs. Chadizard) vs. aniravjain

Who do you think will advance or get bopped :) Let your opinions be heard. My predictions Hype games are bolded. [Updating opening as well]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)