Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
1- Magic UI 6.1.0.191
2- Chrome 119.0.6045.134
3- I have tried on my computer (running Brave) and I don't have the problem on it
4- The problem started with the UI update of PS!, a few days ago
5- Eledyr
6- Basically I can't log to PS! on my phone, every attempts fail with error 400 (note that I can log on smogtours)
Screenshot_20231110_132632.jpg

I hope this can be fixed easily! :psygrump:

EDIT: since two days, this seems fixed. I can now connect to PS! from my phone

Last edited:
I have the same problem in two devices:

• Operating system: Windows 11 (pc) / Android 13 (Smartphone Xiaomi)
  • Web Browser: Chrome 119.0.6045.105 (pc) / Chrome 119.0.6045.66 (Smartphone)
  • Have you tried other browsers? Incongnito mode in Chrome and app for windows work
  • When did this problem start? 1-2 weeks ago more o less
  • Your PS username: alss
  • And of, course, your problem: (It's the same problem in both devices). If I go to https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ with or without the https://, it shows error 400 and this message:
Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Apache/2.4.52 (Ubuntu) Server at pokemonshowdown.com Port 80

1. Microsoft windows
  2. Chrome
  3. I've tried opera gx, didn't help
  4. Couple of weeks ago
  5. Sperkal
  6. I am unable to connect to the site. I keep getting the 'Couldn't connect to server!' message

Attachments

1. Windows 10
2. Edge
3. Chrome, same exact issue
4. 11/14/2023
5. SheePop
6. As of Tuesday morning I haven't been able to connect to Showdown in an iframe. I've been using Showdown this way for years now without any issue up until now. It now stops at the "Loading client..." stage and says "IN FRAME Please visit Showdown directly." I'll attach an image of my screen as well.
IMG_20231115_081159032.jpg

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
1. Windows 10
2. Edge
3. Chrome, same exact issue
4. 11/14/2023
5. SheePop
6. As of Tuesday morning I haven't been able to connect to Showdown in an iframe. I've been using Showdown this way for years now without any issue up until now. It now stops at the "Loading client..." stage and says "IN FRAME Please visit Showdown directly." I'll attach an image of my screen as well.
View attachment 571599
Intentional change for security reasons. See also: https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown-client/commit/a3fdd95493e1e874f47e75cdd6ba4d5e75edc998

Windows 10
Firefox
I've also tried Edge and . Same thing happens.
cocakk
I cannot log in to Pokemon Showdown without using VPN

1.iPadOS16.1
2.safari for IPad
3. PM battle helper(an app)
4.two weeks ago
5.wssgdsb
6. I tried for a week but couldn't log in to PS.Please help me,I want to play PS!!!

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
For all of those who have had issues logging onto the site recently, please read this tweet.

If you are having issues, you will need to contact Telstra yourselves, as they have asked.
A few things I want to add:

If you are having this issue, please contact them. We need to get enough complaints in to them for them to fix it (apparently). IMPORTANTLY I want to ask y'all to not be rude or mean to them, I understand that you are frustrated, we are too. But taking it out on the phone representative will do nothing but make things harder, its not the phone rep's fault anyways.

In addition please just go along with any troubleshooting steps they give you, often times IT problems can be fixed by things like restarting your router/modem/computer, and various other things so they will likely make you try those before escalating things. I would also recommend backing up your teams in case those steps involve clearing cookies.

Lets get this fixed once and for all.

Adding a new DNS server has fixed the issue for me (Telstra customer here).

Telstra in Australia is notorious for their incompetent customer service over the phone. E.g. one time to get our net fixed I had to make 11 calls before an operator actually fixed the issue. It's a miracle you guys even came up with a resolution with them.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Adding a new DNS server has fixed the issue for me (Telstra customer here).

Telstra in Australia is notorious for their incompetent customer service over the phone. E.g. one time to get our net fixed I had to make 11 calls before an operator actually fixed the issue. It's a miracle you guys even came up with a resolution with them.
In this case, we figured out the issue and the solution by working with users experiencing the issue. Our current recommendation for users experiencing this issue is to either do what you did (add an alternative DNS server), and/or contact support to see if enough complaints gets something done. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

1. Windows 10
  2. Chrome (120.0.6099.110), Edge (120.0.2210.77), Firefox (120.0.1)
  3. I have tried other browsers. It happens in all of them, even on the app itself. However, doesn't happen on mobile even under the same router/modem.
  4. This has been an ongoing problem for years, since late 7th gen, so 2018-2019.
  5. Keni
  6. Constant disconnects. "You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted." Sometimes I even stay on "Loading...". It lasts for like a minute before I get disconnected and have to restart.
  7. Capture2.PNG

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
  1. Windows 10
  2. Chrome (120.0.6099.110), Edge (120.0.2210.77), Firefox (120.0.1)
  3. I have tried other browsers. It happens in all of them, even on the app itself. However, doesn't happen on mobile even under the same router/modem.
  4. This has been an ongoing problem for years, since late 7th gen, so 2018-2019.
  5. Keni
  6. Constant disconnects. "You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted." Sometimes I even stay on "Loading...". It lasts for like a minute before I get disconnected and have to restart.
Likely an issue between showdown and you or an issue on your computer/home's end based on the information provided. Not enough information to solve it though. Contact me on discord (HoeenHero) and I can run you through some troubleshooting steps to try and find the cause of the problem and a solution.

operating system: school issued chromebook
web browser: google
other browsers tried: bing
when the problem started: about nine months ago, but this is only an estimate
ps username: cancel cult
problem:
i am unable to connect to showdown. i am given the typical ¨You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted.¨ the wierd part, is this only happens when i am at my school; it works fine on the same device when i am at home. in adition, the problem stopped yesterday afternoon, but once again started a few minutes ago. this does not apear to be because of a proxie, as my research led me to belive there is a specific mesage for people using proxies. i dont have much technical knowlege, so if someone could tell me what is going on, that would be very helpful. its worth noting that before i was able to connect yesterday, the school chromebooks were apearently having problems. every site took forever to load, and was labled as insecure. i am not in austrlia, but my school might use a vpn. my school apears to use a proxie. my best guess is that it has something to do with the wifi being used

ok, it has been resolved, i just had to switch to a different wifi. if you feel like keeping this up would be helpful for others you can keep it. otherwise, you can delete it

Last edited:
Hi, I'm from germany and since I was in japan this summer I get disconnects on PS with my mobile connection every 10-90 seconds.
Doesn't matter where I am, even different countries. My wife was with me in japan, she has the same problem.
I tried a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S20 -> Iphone 15 Pro), new sim card, new PS alt (currently Herbogenesis), different browser (Chrome, Safari). Everything with the newest operator system and newest version. When I meet with friends IRL they can play PS without disconnects at the exact same location.
I've contacted my mobile provider and they reset my connection, cleared memory. They said they can't spot an error and that I should contact PS support. I have no problems with other websites, internet is fast and stable.
It would be really nice if someone could help me out here. Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't know where to ask, but since the 1st of this month ps is doing this very annoying thing of disconnecting me for no specific reason. The message is the standard "you have been disconnected, possibly because the server was restarted" or something along those lines. I do not have problems with my internet connection as this happened only for Pokémon showdown and regardless of the place (don't know if it matters but I use it on mobile). I would really like to know what the message means since disconnecting 5 times per battle is as annoying as it seems and if there is something I can do to prevent it from happening.
Screenshot_2024-02-03-20-57-44-976.jpeg

Literally just opened the page and 5 seconds in I find this, it usually takes longer if I'm in battle but it's still annoying as heck

Thx for the move, I'm kinda new to the thread and never had problems of this type.
Adding the needed information
Operational system: should be android it's a tablet from Lenovo (sorry bad with tech)
Using chrome but haven't tried on other browser, I probably will
Problem: screenshot, around every 5 to 10 minutes, but some disconnection happen right after the other, during battle seems less frequent than in team builder
Should be everything, I don't know if the area has to do with server stuff, same problem in school and at home or in public so pretty sure it isn't about my connection. Also when I used the copied link from op I saw a message about having a cookie too big and possibly having cookies reset. Sorry if I haven't paid attention, if I catch it again I'll update if needed
Edit 12/1/2024 (January for Americans)
Screenshot_2024-02-07-11-48-39-719.jpeg

Here is the message I talked about. I haven't tried other browser yet but the problem happens when using an Iliad mobile connection while using a Tim one it doesn't happen. I don't know if the problem could just be that and most importantly, what should I do if the problem is on the provider?

Last edited:
hello
i have a problem with PS on my browsers. It continuously disconnects me out (smtg like every 1-2 minutes). My internet connection is good and i can't find the problem. Any suggest?
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)