Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but would anyone be interested in exchanging steam names and playing together some time? Even though I have 2500+ hours including a few seasons of comp, I still play TF2 on a somewhat regular basis. I honestly think that TF2 is the best video game ever made, but I will admit it is kind of annoying that I never have anyone to party up with in pubs so I'm usually forced to carry my team. It would be really nice to have someone who has a decent understanding of the game, and plays the objective on my team.
Hey man, interesting proposal, whst region are you?

Hey man, interesting proposal, whst region are you?
Well if I'm being honest, the only reason I posted itt was because apparently you need 100 posts for a name change and I only had 66. However I would still be interested in finding people to queue with, but the only issue is that I'm very busy and tend to play at random times for only a couple hours a week. Fwiw my region is US northeast, and I usually play on Virginia servers.

anyone 2020? games been infested with bots that would ddos servers and flood chat for nearly three months and valve has done diddly dick to fix it. the rick may tribute is cute tho
due to the bot problem in casual I've moved over to creators.tf. I would definitely recommend finding servers from there instead; there are no bots and the level of gameplay is generally higher since people tend to actually know what they're doing unlike in valve pubs. Plus, it has a map voting system which includes some cool custom maps. with school ending and covid-19 i've been playing more regularly, so if anyone wants to link up add me here:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/innisfre_e
:)

I would love to play once again TF2, but I always have a huge problem with this game. I don't know why, but my previous PC and the one I'm using right now has problems running it. Ok, it is a laptos but it is not a bad PC either. I can run a huge number of games perfectly with no graphical downgrade (and that are also most recent than TF). But beside problems, I enjoy this game. If only the community was less toxic and trollish... Also, I would like to see more official support from the devs, right now the game is like dying in my opinion...

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
hey everyone :) i made a video about stickytraps in tf2!!
Very cool video! I'm no a genius filmmaker, but there is some feedback I think I could give.

Great audio mixing and microphone quality. It was always easy to hear you, and the background music was nice but never overpowered what you were saying.

Great clips and editing. You always had footage that related to what you were saying playing, and there were some genuinely hilarious moments going on in the background that really added to the video without taking any focus away from what you were saying.

The cut to the meme with the object permanence illustration genuinely made me laugh out loud. But I felt that some of the other video-format memes detracted from the flow of the video. You were talking about something then it would cut to a different clip of some old show, that clip would play for a few seconds, then we would return to normal scheduling. It was a bit jarring. I think you might either want to make those cuts more image focused, or get rid of them.
Also, I got the star_ references but I feel like not everyone might. Kind of a sad moment that not every tf2 player knows who he is anymore...

Who's the target audience for this video? Sometimes, when you explained stuff like what stickies are or how to get rid of them, it felt like it was for new players. Sometimes, when you made jokes about pubstomping soldiers and the like, it felt like it was for more experienced players. I think this video would benefit quite a bit from either aiming it at teaching new players what traps are or aiming it at convincing experienced players to go have some fun camping.
Once you know who the target audience it's easier to make decisions about how to structure your video and how to decide what to talk about and for how long you talk about it.

Finally, because this thread is about TF2, I'd like to share my favorite stickytrap related strategy. This strategy has singlehandedly farmed a significant portion of the kills on my sticky launcher, has got me more godlike killstreaks than anything else, and is still the most reliable way to have a fun round in TF2.
It's a very simple 3 step plan to spawncamping on koth_suijin
1) sticky jump from your spawn to the medkit under the bridge​
2) sticky jump from under the bridge to the roof of the building in front of their spawn​
3) spawncamp​
It's so effective it will bring a tear to your eye

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
scored a slightly larger number in mvm today...

1618020997342.png

i dont play sniper but this one goes into my growing aussie collection. i like things that are shiny and gold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)