Taunters Recommended......

Status
Not open for further replies.
In about 2/3 of UU battles, the first move that a Pokemon does is Stealth Rock. Predictable or what? Now, there appears to be only two kinds of counter.

The first is making your team consist of only Grass, Ground, and Steel types. However appealing Sceptile-Torterra-Donphan-Rhyperior-Registeel etc. look, it's not really worth it. A HP Ice Sceptile can deal with Grass and Ground, and if you stick Focus Blast on it for Regi as well, it's the best.sweeper.ever. for anti-SR-by-typing teams.

The other alternative is Taunt. This is available on two Pokemon which can be leads - Alakazam and Mismagius. The former is a potent special sweeper, while the latter is.... not so offensive. A few more candidates that resist Dark and Ghost (common weaknesses to Alakazam and Mismagius) are Houndoom and Absol. If you are a defensive player, even Spiritomb might have some potential.

So use Taunt, especially if you have a Moltres or Entei on your team (I have both), or other Fire or Flying types.

This probably applies to OU as well although I've never battled OU before so I'm not sure.

So you base your entire team to counter only the first move they use during the match? I think not....Stealth Rocks are meant for support; if its your opponents only way of offense, they really suck and should find a hobby not named Pokemon.

Theres also something called Rapid Spinning. A certain ground-type elephant with 90/120 defenses can do it pretty well

You do know you don't need to prevent the rocks, right? You can spin them if they are problematic to your team. Donphan as the above poster said does this perfectly. Besides, Moltres and Entei on the same team doesn't look like a good idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)