SM OU Sweeper Bonanza

Hello, this is my first post on the forums as well as my first RMT! I play lots of RU and OU. I'm currently sitting in 1400, my highest being I believe 1500 with this team. I always fluctuate with my ranking because I'm open to experimenting with whatever sounds fun and not boring or flat our normal. This is one of my most recent creations being a M-Lopunny team where a lot of gears are moving around in order to win games. Very much open to suggestions as long as it doesn't revolve around removing Lopunny.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Return

Lopunny is one of three stars of the team being my chosen Mega Evolution. The goal with Lopunny is to put her in a position where she can get a KO with a surprise Power-Up Punch and get +1 attack and then sweep the rest of the team. Cute Charm is there just in case the hax gods bestow upon me some affection but then again after some experience with TWave Ferrothorn and Rotom-W I'm pretty sure I should go with Limber so I can switch more comfortably. I've found two faults in her build right now: one concerning her and another being about myself. Missing an HJK ends the sweep (but there isn't really much that can be down about that I suppose) and the other being that I'm conflicted between running PuP or Ice Punch. I'm able to predict switches, I would say quite well (sometimes a bit too well which almost never helps) but I feel like there is always a stall mate situation with Lando-T. If I Ice Punch it can OHKO or 2HKO which is okay but I'm left with -1 attack while with PuP I can use that on the switch and then follow up with a return which OHKOs or 2HKOs (both situations are considering that Lando-T has been chipped extensively).

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Scald
- Ice Beam

This is the average Greninja set I would say (though I didn't rip it off of Smogon analysis) and it makes Gren the second star of the team. Just need one opening and I can sweep with this thing when there are rocks up for me. I'm willing to swap this guy out but his sheer power along with naturally resisting itself makes him a nice switch-in in order to 2HKO other Greninja's with a Scald. The burn on Scald almost never helps so I'm conflicted on whether I should go for HPump or Surf, or maybe just keep Scald for what it's worth.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Admittedly I did look at Smogon analysis to get this set so it shouldn't have any faults but Lando-T's role in this team is to pivot, wall physical threats, and kill other Lando-T's after setting up rocks first turn. Lando-T is key as a defensive core on this team as it allows me to swap between whatever Pokemon I want as well as boasting the scare threat that I might be scarfed and can easily OHKO any mon weak to him. Not too interested in having this mon as a Defogger because I really don't think this team needs one, but open to suggestions on how I can use him even better than I am right now.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Protect
- Flamethrower

Celesteela is the special wall in my team as well as something that can do a lot of chip damage to my opponent if they don't have a grass type handy to stop my healing. Losing him for a stupid reason costs me the game in most scenarios as he is my psychic counter, Gren counter, and Peks counter all in one. Don't personally think Celesteela needs much work on the set (as it's from Smogon analysis) or his use on the team as he works quite effectively. Not much to say about this Pokemon, unfortunately.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness
- Roost
This is a favorite set of mine and I feel like I can call this moveset my own. The way this Tapu Koko works is that he pivots on switches, breaks down tanks with NM and when the time comes (when the Volt Absorb or ground type Pokemon is gone) uses Z Wild Charge under the terrain which always guarantees to blow a huge wall in the enemy team. He opens prime opportunities as he can pivot w/ 394 speed and launch an attack that faints something on the opposing side. Roost on predicted switches for longevity and make the opponent facepalm.

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Knock Off

This is the third star of the team and Blacephalon also acts as an enabler just like Koko. Knock Off is there just for the sake of being there as having a surprise Knock Off is always critical especially when the opponent decides to "wall" Blacephalon with their Chansey. It's a revenge killer and late game sweeper being able to OHKO every mon with a snowball and removal of things that can counter it such as faster scarfs or Heatran. I used to run a Jirachi on this team with the idea of being able to sustain my M-Lopunny but after adding Blacephalon I can't turn back.
Hope this post had proper etiquette for the forum!

I'd definitely swap out Scald for Pump or Surf on Greninja. Gren needs all the power it can get, especially pre-transformation. I'd also replace Cute Charm on Lopunny with Limber. Being immune to paralysis on the switch is much more useful than a chance to infatuate an opponent of the opposite gender using a contact move on the switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)