Survivor SURVIVOR II - Won by OP

o k if no one has any further questions or comments we're going to wrap this up and move on to voting. I will leave this open for the rest of the day in case there are any last questions/comments people want to make.

OK friends. We're finally at that point where the game draws to a close. Thanks to everyone for signing up and playing and being (mostly) active. Huge thanks to rssp1 for being a great co-host and for I would say a large portion of this game, the main host. I have definitely enjoyed running this game and it's always cool seeing new faces around as well =]

But now let's get down to business. In the end, we were left with three contestants: OP, TUO, and Sam-testings . Congrats to all three of you for making it this far. Reaching the end is quite the feat, regardless of what the end result is.

So let's get to the reading of the votes. Remember that these votes are for a winner.
'
First vote
OP

Second vote
TUO

Third vote
OP

Fourth vote
OP

We're at three votes for OP, one vote for TUO.

The winner of the Survivor II is...
OP!

Congratulations to the second ever winner of Smogon Survivor!!!!! Last time I swear, thanks for playing everyone =] Feel free to discuss the game to your heart's content in the thread again. I would like to do a comprehensive postgame similar to what I did for the first game. Not sure what rssp1 is going to do, but I will try and get around to that this weekend, assuming I'm not too busy.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
the only reason OP won over sam was because mikaav wanted OP and not sam more than i wanted sam and not OP. texas and posh gave no shits. but we thought it fitting to decide the winner off of us 4 since us 4 interacted with you the least. i blame Flyhn for this top 3 because he was in the biggest position to actually do it and at one point nearly everyone else would have hit one of the finalists. ssr gets no tag for being the most faithful sheep to flyhn that existed itg. as a result, i felt neither of you two should ever warrant a real chance of a vote because thematically it summed up how the rest of us felt. everyone else on the council except for adiass could have actually made a chance to win.

when it came down to last call, had mikaav not said he wanted OP, i would have pushed the button on sam because voting him would have been the best 'fuck you' option since neither texas nor posh particularly cared who they voted. TUO was not good to work with and he claims it was a smart choice of him to be able to promote his 'inactivity' but really it was not smart of him to do so when the majority of the council was determined while he was 'inactive.' there was simply no way for me to excuse that and expect to actually be voted in a reasonable purposeful sense if he was not making connections with those that were voted out. i had little to no difference between OP and sam-testings. i did not feel very pressed to vote for OP since i know in one of the other challenges, he literally threw a game to Flyhn in an attempt to give immunity (he clicked u-turn on scarf landorus vs flyhn's garchomp rather than clicking EQ for the win while flyhn indicated to me he did not 'feel right' about throwing to me when i thought i was working with him). voting for OP would have been a bigger fuck you to flyhn, and while mikaav heard it, he did not want to vote sam-testings because sam guessed that mikaav was lucky to still be here in one of the other challenges. i gave less of a shit about not voting for OP than to try and convince mikaav to vote for sam-testings instead, but when he said he wanted to vote for OP, i would rather have let OP win the game than let Flyhn and superstarsrock actually think they had an impact in voting. I blame ssr for not really being an independent player that led to these 3 actually winning and Flyhn's arrogance in thinking he would actually have a shot at making it to final council for us to be responsible in voting any of these 3 individuals.

EDIT: To be clear to those that weren't in the know, pretty much everyone pinned this group of three to be a very solid group and there were attempts to vote out at least one of those 3, alas when the merge finally happened, the people actually in the 3 had the support of flyhn and ssr nearly every other round. the leftovers were not enough to actually get anyone else voted off. honestly, this election was more frustrating than the 2016 US presidential one because had any of those attempts been successful, the election between these 3 would not have happened as one of them would be on final council instead.

Last edited:
ssr gets no tag for being the most faithful sheep to flyhn that existed itg.
It's a game dude holy shit why are you being so rude. The only reason I followed Flyhn's votes was because noone else communicated anything else to me about who was being considered for the votes so my options were either to throw away my vote or vote with flyhn. My only "alliance" I had through the game was the only person who made it to the late game who I actually was friends with: OP.

I'm kind of surprised that you're acting this salty after being a completely different person during the game. The fact of the matter was that this was a game of alliances and the one that ended up winning could have only been beaten if you had recruited more people to join your side. The problem with that was that the amount of lc people that just stuck together was already a large percentage of the game at the merge, and I had more of a tie with OP than I did with you when you came to try to recruit me (or at least to make a connection with me). It seems extremely petty to me to single out me as a horrible person for doing what I had to do to make it as far as I could. I honestly don't think I deserved to make it any farther than I did, and I don't think I would have made it farther by doing anything differently. The lc alliance was really strong, and the way that alliances stood it was practically a foregone conclusion that they would make it to the final 3.

Congrats OP for winning, great job both to Sam-testings and TUO for making the final 3 and special mention to Flyhn as well as Oddish. and the other members of the original Gold Tribe for all the fun conversations we had that made this game enjoyable for me.

Sorry that I didn't help you take down my friend's alliance Steven Snype

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
It's a game dude holy shit why are you being so rude. The only reason I followed Flyhn's votes was because noone else communicated anything else to me about who was being considered for the votes so my options were either to throw away my vote or vote with flyhn. My only "alliance" I had through the game was the only person who made it to the late game who I actually was friends with: OP.

I'm kind of surprised that you're acting this salty after being a completely different person during the game. The fact of the matter was that this was a game of alliances and the one that ended up winning could have only been beaten if you had recruited more people to join your side. The problem with that was that the amount of lc people that just stuck together was already a large percentage of the game at the merge, and I had more of a tie with OP than I did with you when you came to try to recruit me (or at least to make a connection with me). It seems extremely petty to me to single out me as a horrible person for doing what I had to do to make it as far as I could. I honestly don't think I deserved to make it any farther than I did, and I don't think I would have made it farther by doing anything differently. The lc alliance was really strong, and the way that alliances stood it was practically a foregone conclusion that they would make it to the final 3.

Congrats OP for winning, great job both to Sam-testings and TUO for making the final 3 and special mention to Flyhn as well as Oddish. and the other members of the original Gold Tribe for all the fun conversations we had that made this game enjoyable for me.

Sorry that I didn't help you take down my friend's alliance Steven Snype
Staying like this was not your only option to get that far. In fact, staying at the path that you did, knowing that the lc alliance was really strong and had 3 members already had a very good shot of you not being in the running for final council, especially if Flyhn was still around. You had no real shot of winning had you stayed with this path because there were too many people in your way of making it to final council, and I spelled this out to everyone in the survivor discord 'publicly' if you were not in the actual LC alliance. The only way that literally anyone could hope to win is making it to final council and hoping the rest of the tribal council would vote for them, regardless of the reason why. It's how OP won, it's how anyone else could have won. If you are not in the final 3, there was no chance to win because of the final 2 from last time, period because there are no other ways to win.

The LC alliance making it to the final 3 is not an actual foregone conclusion. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy because there wasn't enough support to actually do anything about it, which are because of you and Flyhn. adiass, sorry man, but you were sold to us as an inactive lynch that was lucky to make it this far as a temporary peace agreement. me, posh, mikaav, and texas realized we could have the power but there were swing votes necessary to pull it off to actually do it, namely yours and flyhn's. at post-merge, we thought flyhn would vote with us,pulling w/e strings necessary to ensure vote majority, that is until he didn't hold up to it by voting out texas which I understand why he did so, but at the vote to vote me out he shot himself in the foot because the numbers would never have been in his favor*, I maintain Flyhn's better shot of winning would have been to hit the LC alliance since there were too many people up and he should not have had to risk actually putting his worth vs sam-testings' at the end and just forced it to happen instead.

Had any of the finalists actually been voted out, this would have either opened up a slot for you or for Flyhn to replace the slots had any of those 3 been voted out, improving your odds of winning since they have to hope to make it, they would have to include someone that was more open to voting them out (highly unlikely), include someone that has been a neutral but sometimes helpful presence (you) or just leave it as they were and close up (which works because if you ain't with them, you're gonna be voted out and if they ain't getting stronger, that's less to have to worry about). Any vote to hit the dominant alliance actually helps you out better since you had been voting with said alliance, thus more likely for them to actually involve you in their plans for making final council. Sticking to what had happened in the game at the key moments were not going to get you any actual advantage. You had a reasonable shot to make it to final council because honestly the others would have garnered more attention from their more influential play to be voted out by other people.

Your insistence that there was nothing you could have done to improve your situation is false. There were things you could have done to improve your situation and end up with a better shot of winning. I apologize for making the assumption of thinking you would actually try to win rather than give up, accept defeat, and settle. Maybe that's not the correct chronological order but nearly everyone else post-merge was making an attempt to hit one of these 3. We didn't care which 3, but any actual insinuation that the 3 finalists were actually that solid of an alliance to make it to the late-game is false. There was a movement to hit at least one of the 3 finalists, but it literally was that the swing votes (Flyhn and you) were the ones responsible for making the finals since the people that wanted to hit these 3 couldn't because we had one person who frankly thought he could have won by going down this route while the other seemingly did nothing of any actual contribution other than be a puppet vote and not really care except help his buddy out.

*I do not consider throwing rocks an advantage because it literally puts you in a polarizing coinflip to either win or lose by the numbers at hand and that is assuming everyone is convinced the people they are working with have to go for these votes said coinflip and are not deluded into thinking they have no real shot at winning nor are they content with the current predicted outcome.

I apologize for making the assumption of thinking you would actually try to win rather than give up, accept defeat, and settle.
I guess you could say that's what I did. From the start I knew I probably wasn't going to win since the challenges are generally focused around battling and I haven't battled competitively in over a year. I was pretty much happy getting to the merge and everything after that was just extra for me. Since I didn't have much free time to dedicate to the game and I was an outsider from all the alliances, I had to rely on other people telling me what was going on in terms of voting. The only person who really bothered to let me know what was happening earlier in the game was Flyhn, and I appreciated that. So, when you came along later on trying to persuade me to vote on your side, I treated it as you only coming to me when you needed me to help your own agenda. I stand by my belief that I would have been voted out by you and your friends before the final three as well since I had no connection to you throughout the game besides when you needed my vote. At the time where it came between the lc alliance + flyhn and the steven snype alliance, I had more of a reason to vote off snype because Flyhn had taken the time to keep me in the know for the few preceding votes.

So yeah, I wasn't necessarily trying to win (because I couldn't see a scenario where I would), but I wasn't blindly following flyhn for no reason.

Guys I just met superstarsrock and we drank and we're so cool and made up from fucking bro'ing out tonight after 3 years of being pissed off at each other on the internet. We had like 3 bro down hugs and we have made up. Me and Lonnie are mad tight! <3 <3
100% on board, the reunion 3 years in the making has been achieved <3

Heading into the postgame of season 2, a 4 person group of jurors immediately emerged, led by Andy (then Steven) Snype and formed over their mutual displeasure that an lc alliance led by OP, TUO, and sam testings essentially controlled every merge vote and had reached the f3, and that Flyhn and I had constantly voted along with them every time until we were eliminated in 5th and 4th (a really funny voting chart if you go check it out). In protest, they all coordinated their votes for OP to win, making the other 3 jurors’ votes irrelevant, though he ended up winning by a 6-1 vote anyways. After the game ended, Andy made a post on the game thread calling out Flyhn and I for never turning on the dominant alliance, going so far as to not tag me in it since I was “the most faithful sheep to flyhn that existed itg.” I responded by defending myself, stating that flyhn was the only person who bothered to keep him informed about who was being voted, and that he felt a stronger personal connection to OP.

This led to a specific strongly-worded back and forth in the thread where Andy typed up a short essay explaining why I could’ve given myself a better chance at winning if I’d done this or that differently, and me explaining that I didn’t see these as viable options since nobody in the game aside from Flyhn truly valued by as an ally. I remember it as an unfortunate post script to what had otherwise been a mostly excellent experience for me, and then I promptly forgot about it some months later.

Flash forward 3 years to 2020, and I head up to Vermont for an irl meetup with hal, Divya, and two people who I’d never met before named DLE and Andy Snype. After a good amount of drinking the first night, someone mentions that Andy and I had played in smorgon together, and after a few brief moments of confusion I realized that I had been drinking with the same dude who I’d fought with online all those years ago. In seconds, all that past beef was forgiven and a new friendship was formed. I now consider Andy one of my closest friends on discord and I’m glad we were able to put our past beef behind us.

For your next idol clue, find the OP of a genius game/survivor mashup hosted by Hal

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)