Super Staff Bros: Other Metagames Edition!

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I'm bored, so the next member of discussion is +Mamp! I think you all know what to do at this point; submit your Mamp sets, and hope you win or just be unfixable.

Nobody opposed it in the OM room so yeah

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Mamp (Ampharos) (M) @ Cell Battery
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Geomancy
- Focus Blast
- Rare Pepe (It's like present, 30% of the time, it'll heal the opponent and cure their status, 70% of the time, it'll attack the opponent with 150 Power and confuses the opponent). If the opponent gets healed by this move, they'll get healed each time Mamp uses this move. If the opponent gets damaged by this move, they'll get damaged each time Mamp uses this move. There aren't certain users that get hit or healed, it's random.

Mamp's favorite Pokemon is Ampharos, so I used an Ampharos in this set. Mamp's moves are pretty set with offense, and then there's Rare Pepe. This move made me think about last's month's omotm voting. Rare Pepe is basically present. For those who Mamp thinks would've voted Averagemons, Mamp heals them all the way. If Mamp thinks they'd choose a different metagame, Mamp does major damage.

Entry Message: Hey everyone. Remember to vote Averagemons.

Exit Message: VOTE FOR AVERAGEMONS!!!!

Last edited:
Mamp (Ampharos-Mega) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP 252 Spa 4 Spe
Shiny: Yes
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect
- Average them all ( Turns everybody else's stats to base 100 (EVs are ignored), and then randomly uses one of the other moves at random)

Entrance Quote: If you're too dumb, you're boring. If you're too smart, you're boring. Average people are just fine.
Death Quote: At least I died as I lived... Perfectly average.

Idk, I just combined his favorite pokemon, his averagemons thing, and how to make Ampharos really viable, and came up with this.

Pikachuun

Well we certainly didn't have many this time, and both are Ampharos, so I'll just open voting.

Please select your favorite Mamp from the above 2 choices.

Boats:
Ransei: 7 Boats

Esprite: 3 Boats

Last edited:
Come on people... Vote for the more competitive one! Mine!

Btw, if I'm allowed to vote for mine, I will, if not, ignore this part.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I guess I'll give myself Ransei a boat if Esprite is giving himself one too. The Rare Pepe Mamp has is a great way to defend for the other crazy stuff in the Metagame to blend in.

Pikachuun

Ransei is the king of the seas due to having more boats, therefore he wins. Idk what being king of the seas has to do with Super Staff Bros. but eh. To fit the theme of Averagemons better, Ampharos will have 100/100/100/100/100/100 base stats.

Added +Mamp.
Gave Spike Canon an animation.
Changed 9574 occurrences of tabs to spaces.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

SpartanMalice (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Theorymon

Charizard is SpartanMalice's favorite Pokemon, or it was at least. I know that he loved CharX since it made Charizard useful again.

Theorymon refers to the old times when SpartanMalice loved to theorymon about metagames for days. It'll call a random metagame and theorymon about that. Additionally, it functions as Roost.

STABmons: A random move gets replaced with a move it gets in STABmons. Flare Blitz gets replaced by V-Create, Dragon Dance by Tailwind and Outrage by Dragon Ascent. Fails after all three moves have been changed.
Almost Any Ability: It's ability gets replaces with a random one of the following: Poison Heal (Also gets Poisoned), Tough Claws, Protean, Adaptability, Drought, Magic Bounce or Levitate. Can always keep randomizing the ability.
Inverse Battle: Switches around the current settings of type effectiveness. When SpartanMalice switches out they return to normal.
Tier Shift: Since Charizard was NU in Gen 5, when he was around a lot, all its stats get a boost of 15.
1v1: Prevents both Pokemon from switching out until one has died. Fails if triggered twice.

Entry Quote: Hear me out.
Death Quote: Gg, i'll go jogging.

Choosing a metagame to theorymon about quote: What do you think about "Boost" on Charizard? "Metagame" can do it!

Pikachuun

Snaquaza wins in by far the longest, closest, most grueling voting session that we have had so far [and by which I mean he was the only one who submitted a set]. However, SpartanMalice will be normal Charizard with Expert Belt [He will have Magic Guard as his starting ability to make it fair], and Inverse Battle won't be added due to a bug that I can't seem to fix.

EDIT: Made the changes to the code.

Added +SpartanMalice.
Demoted 0Loyd0 to regular user. He's still here though!
Promoted boTTT to @.
Modified #Eevee General's spread and moveset, by request.
Nerfed Meme Mime.
Nerfed Ascension's boost.
Fixed a bug that would cause %Pikachuun and +insanelegend to not have their stats boosted
Changed 10243 occurrences of tabs to spaces.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)