Sun & Moon NU Analysis Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/minior/nu/

This should probably get a revamp as a mini-analysis since Minior recently got the boot from PU. And it mentions Barb and Emboar.
we decided that since the only set worth running is otr and the overall info is fine that the analysis can stay as a full one (although I'll look at it later tonight and clean it up)
I'm sure these are being worked on, but I wanted to bring them up anyway:

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/garbodor/This analysis still has mentions of Vanilluxe on these lines:

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/exeggutor-alola/This analysis also has mentions of Vanilluxe:
garbodor is already getting a revamp so im not too concerned about the vani mentions for now. fixed the alolan eggy ones.

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
Since Druddigon is now being used with a specially defensive set instead of a physically defensive one, should the analysis reflect that? Is a revamp needed?

howdy! i have a wallbreaker moveset for druddigon, so i'm gonna post it. (this is just a contribution. also, sorry if this isn't the right place to post moveset ideas.)

Druddigon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot/Iron Tail
- Sucker Punch

Moves:
Dragon Claw and Outrage are the STAB moves of choice, yet Outrage locks you in for 2-3 turns, giving Fairy-types a chance to use Druddigon as setup fodder. Additionally, Outrage confuses Druddigon afterwards. Dragon Tail is another option to force out setup sweepers, hopefully before they can attack. Fire Punch is to be used against Steel-types that would otherwise wall Druddigon, as Druddigon's other moves can't do much. Gunk Shot is used to OHKO Whimsicott and other fairies, which could possibly defeat a weakened Druddigon. Iron Tail or Iron Head can be used instead, yet Gunk Shot has more power. Sucker Punch is used in the last slot to bypass Druddigon's pitiful speed.

Set details:
Maximum HP bumps Druddigon's maximum health to 358. Alternatively, the HP EVs can go into Defense or Special Defense, increasing its physical or special bulk, respectively. 252 Attack EVs with an Adamant nature allow Druddigon to punch holes in the opposing team, allowing its teammates to clean up afterwards. Additionally, it maximizes Gunk Shot or Iron Tail's ability to check fairy-types that would otherwise counter Druddigon such as Whimsicott, Comfey, and possibly Granbull. The Assault Vest is the preferred item for Druddigon, which increases its bulk. Sheer Force is the ability of choice to maximize Druddigon's wallbreaking potential.

Usage Tips
This Druddigon should be used early-game to punch holes in the other team, paving the way for sweepers to clean up afterwards. Outrage should only be used when all Fairy-types on the opposing team have been eliminated to ensure that the move is not wasted. Be sure to remember that Gunk Shot and Fire Punch cannot poison or burn due to Sheer Force eliminating secondary effects. Pressure switch-ins by predicting said switches and using the right coverage move. Druddigon is pretty helpless when burned, so avoid moves like Scald at all costs. Additionally, residual damage such as poison and hazards can wear it down over time, so be careful.

Team Options
Clerics such as Vaporeon and Audino are appreciated with Heal Bell and Wish to cure statuses and heal, respectively. Druddigon also resists Grass and Electric, which Vaporeon is weak against, while Vaporeon resists Ice. Silvally-Steel is also appreciated thanks to being able to counter Ice and Fairy-types, which would otherwise pressure Druddigon. Additionally, Silvally can act as a pivot thanks to U-Turn or Parting Shot. Sweepers such as Mismagius, Malamar, and Delphox can be sent in late-game after Druddigon's work is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)