SM OU Substitute mega medicham and z mew

Hi, I have been playing with this team for a bit now and I have had some success, but this team has a lot of issues.So I'm looking for ur help to improve this team.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Ok so the first member of the team is protean scarf gren.This is our main form of speed control. U-turn is for pivoting and gunk shot is for bulu,tangrowth,serp things which usually counter gren.Since,protean is not as used as battle bond. They might switch in these grass types Vs gren.Gunk shot is also useful for faster threats like koko, lele etc.

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

This set fell off some time ago but I still feel like it pretty good.After getting up a rock polish you outspeed all the mons in the tier.I actually saw this set from a pokeaimd vid and decided to use it.It can sweep most teams after a rock polish and nasty plot boost.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
Ferro is the rocker on the team.it is also the gren counter. Knock Off is there to remove leftover from other Ferros, find, pex etc. Gyro ball is our only stab and leech seed is for recovery and stalling out Mons.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
Now I know what your are thinking why substitute? And why no fake out ? Well while fake out is pretty good I feel like sub is better. For example ,rotom w tries to will o wisp u get a free sub. Opponent tries to sac a Mon ,u get a sub. U know that the opposing Mon has protect ,u get a free sub. There are games which I purely won beacause of sub.

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Standard rotom w .I prefer the defensive version over sp.df ,cuz I already have a gren check. Rotom w is our only defoger .Hydro pump is our stab and volt switch is pivot into our Medicham or any other Mons.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

OK , so this slot is pretty Interchangeable I had no idea what to put in this slot so I picked magnezone .I guess since mew has trouble with celesteela magnezone can be pretty good. Volt switch is our pivot. Thunderbolt and flash cannon is necessary stab and Hp fire is for Ferro, Mega scizor,etc

Cool Mew set. I feel like your team would benefit more from Fake Out Medicham, even though sub seems like an ambitious tech. The team outside of Greninja, isn't the fastest generally speaking, that's why you would find that form of priority from Medicham useful against offensive threats. I also think that you should opt for Hydro Pump on Gren over spikes as another form of answer to Heatran, something that threatens the team. Other than that I can get behind the idea of VoltTurn to safely bring in Mew and Medi. You would also need to look around for both Zard forms, which seem able to put in some work here. You could maybe change Ferro for Rocks Defensive Stone Edge Lando to check them, but that would leave you more vulnerable to Gren already, your choice.

I also think that you should opt for Hydro Pump on Gren over spikes as another form of answer to Heatran, something that threatens the team.
Low Kick is much better at hitting Heatran than Hydro Pump.

252 Atk Protean Greninja Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 302-356 (78.2 - 92.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Heatran: 186-222 (48.1 - 57.5%) -- 45.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Even if we swap the offensive investment from Attack to Special Attack, Low Kick is still marginally better.

4 Atk Protean Greninja Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 236-282 (61.1 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Heatran: 236-278 (61.1 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Cool Mew set. I feel like your team would benefit more from Fake Out Medicham, even though sub seems like an ambitious tech. The team outside of Greninja, isn't the fastest generally speaking, that's why you would find that form of priority from Medicham useful against offensive threats. I also think that you should opt for Hydro Pump on Gren over spikes as another form of answer to Heatran, something that threatens the team. Other than that I can get behind the idea of VoltTurn to safely bring in Mew and Medi. You would also need to look around for both Zard forms, which seem able to put in some work here. You could maybe change Ferro for Rocks Defensive Stone Edge Lando to check them, but that would leave you more vulnerable to Gren already, your choice.
Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely try defensive lando. PS should I replace magnezone?

Low Kick is much better at hitting Heatran than Hydro Pump.

252 Atk Protean Greninja Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 302-356 (78.2 - 92.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Heatran: 186-222 (48.1 - 57.5%) -- 45.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Even if we swap the offensive investment from Attack to Special Attack, Low Kick is still marginally better.

4 Atk Protean Greninja Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 236-282 (61.1 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Heatran: 236-278 (61.1 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
K, thanks I'll definitely try that out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)