Stat Switch [Azumarill+Regice Banned]

Unbanlist: Genesect, Aegislash, Skymin, Kangaskhanite, Kyurem-White, Deoxys-Defense​
Unbanned! (Kangaskhan-Mega) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Wish
- Ice Beam

This is a set I came up with, when I realized Kangaskhanite is unbanned. It works similar to the Seismic Toss set in OU. With Parental Bond, Seismic Toss always does 200 HP. Because of this, Kanga can 2HKO almost any non-HP-invested pokemon in the meta without having any offensive investments itself. Unfortunately he has no reliable recovery outside of Wish. His Attack switches with his Special Attack, so I put Ice Beam in his last slot for hitting bulky dragons like salamence, but this can be replaced with Flamethrower/Fireblast, Thunderbolt, Surf or even Shadow Ball (wow that Special movepool!).

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Unbanned! (Kangaskhan-Mega) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Wish
- Ice Beam

This is a set I came up with, when I realized Kangaskhanite is unbanned. It works similar to the Seismic Toss set in OU. With Parental Bond, Seismic Toss always does 200 HP. Because of this, Kanga can 2HKO almost any non-HP-invested pokemon in the meta without having any offensive investments itself. 105/100/100 defenses is not bad, but unfortunately he has no reliable recovery outside of Wish. His Attack switches with his Special Attack, so I put Ice Beam in his last slot for hitting bulky dragons like salamence, but this can be replaced with Flamethrower/Fireblast, Thunderbolt, Surf or even Shadow Ball (wow that Special movepool!).
Let me correct those defenses to 40/100/100 for you. Now you know why it's unbanned. Plus, considering that Gengar/Haunter are common (at least I think they are), always run Shadow Ball over Ice Beam. Also because of its horrible bulk, recovery may not be the best idea.

Let me correct those defenses to 40/100/100 for you. Now you know why it's unbanned. Plus, considering that Gengar/Haunter are common (at least I think they are), always run Shadow Ball over Ice Beam. Also because of its horrible bulk, recovery may not be the best idea.
Oh, overlooked that. And Gengar is indeed common, but I have more trouble with salamence. I will correct the HP tho.

EternalSnowman

DPL Champion
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance/Belly Drum/Dragon Dance
- Flame Charge/Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake

I have found this Charizard-Y set pretty interesting. It works well to abuse the bulk it was given and bringing SD/BD+Flame Charge to boost or just DD, while roost allows for recovery. The main problem is that with carbink running around, it still dies to rock types.

Last edited:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance/Belly Drum/Dragon Dance
- Flame Charge/Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake

I have found this Charizard-Y set pretty interesting. It works well to abuse the bulk it was given and bringing SD/BD+Flame Charge to boost or just DD, while roost allows for recovery. The main problem is that with carbink running around, it still dies to rock types.
And to stealth rock...

Yeah, a lot of the viable spinners/defoggers in OU have become worthless and not a lot of spinners/defoggers are very viable in the meta. I think Starmie is one of the best spinners in the meta but I use Honchkrow because It can phaze and I had struggle with setup-sweepers. The Lati@s are good too, althought Latios is way better than Latias imo.

EternalSnowman

DPL Champion
Latias and Latios have swapped roles, where Latios has become the defensive defogger, while Latias has become an offensive sweeper that doubles as a defogger. I also entertained the idea of using Honchkrow, but I opted for rapid spin due to its ability to keep hazards on my side of the field. I have been laddering with this stall team pretty successfully, tell me what you think!

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Vacuum Wave
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain

Archeops @ Leftovers
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 4 Atk / 248 Def / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Genesect @ Leftovers
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Extreme Speed

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Latias and Latios have swapped roles, where Latios has become the defensive defogger, while Latias has become an offensive sweeper that doubles as a defogger. I also entertained the idea of using Honchkrow, but I opted for rapid spin due to its ability to keep hazards on my side of the field. I have been laddering with this stall team pretty successfully, tell me what you think!

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Vacuum Wave
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain

Archeops @ Leftovers
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 4 Atk / 248 Def / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Genesect @ Leftovers
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Extreme Speed

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
I would replace Kyurem with Kyurem-black which serves better as a special-defensive wall. It's special bulk is insane with 125/100/170 bulk and it can still hit hard with a 120 base SpA stat which normal Kyurem can't with 90 Atk and SpA. Also imo, breloom doesn't really need the extra recovery of leech seed so you could replace it with focus blast to take out mons like Absol-Mega quicker. All the rest seems fine, althought I prefer Scizor-mega over Genesect, but that's not an option due to Charizard-Y.

EDIT: Latias isn't that good, because it does not get dragon dance. :(

I would replace Kyurem with Kyurem-black which serves better as a special-defensive wall. It's special bulk is insane with 125/100/170 bulk and it can still hit hard with a 120 base SpA stat which normal Kyurem can't with 90 Atk and SpA. Also imo, breloom doesn't really need the extra recovery of leech seed so you could replace it with focus blast to take out mons like Absol-Mega quicker. All the rest seems fine, althought I prefer Scizor-mega over Genesect, but that's not an option due to Charizard-Y.

EDIT: Latias isn't that good, because it does not get dragon dance. :(
Eh, Latias works well enough in my experience, but it's true that her power is a little underwhelming thanks to her priority being non-STAB without a reasonable boosting move. And even if she did have Dragon Dance, she'd then have 4MSS because she really wants to run Wish, Sucker Punch, Dragon STAB, and Earthquake for coverage on top of all that.

Has anyone noticed Zangoose? 73/60/115/115/115/90 looks pretty solid to me, especially with its weird Special movepool.

Zangoose @ Expert Belt
Ability: Immunity
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Giga Drain
-Flamethrower

Or you could run Hone Claws, just for the accuracy boost...

Zangoose @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Hone Claws
-Thunder
-Blizzard
-Focus Blast

Greninja should be unbanned since it can't use it's high speed to always go 1st. It does now have decent Physical Bulk but it is still easy to kill. It pretty much now is a slightly stronger opposite of Kecleon.

Also, has anyone taken a gander at Electivire? It's now got 75/123/85 defenses, which aren't bad at all. 95 Special Attack isn't bad either. I could see a set like the following working as a mixed wall:

Electivire @ Assault Vest
Ability: Motor Drive
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
-Charge Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

252+ SpA Breloom Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 156+ SpD Assault Vest Electivire: 79-94 (22.3 - 26.5%) -- 19.6% chance to 4HKO

252+ SpA Breloom Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 156+ SpD Assault Vest Electivire: 127-150 (35.8 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Meanwhile, if you can snag a Charge Beam boost...

+1 100 SpA Electivire Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 166-196 (41.3 - 48.8%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

I know this probably won't work, but that's just my two cents.

Also, has anyone taken a gander at Electivire? It's now got 75/123/85 defenses, which aren't bad at all. 95 Special Attack isn't bad either. I could see a set like the following working as a mixed wall:

Electivire @ Assault Vest
Ability: Motor Drive
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
-Charge Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

252+ SpA Breloom Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 156+ SpD Assault Vest Electivire: 79-94 (22.3 - 26.5%) -- 19.6% chance to 4HKO

252+ SpA Breloom Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 156+ SpD Assault Vest Electivire: 127-150 (35.8 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Meanwhile, if you can snag a Charge Beam boost...

+1 100 SpA Electivire Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 166-196 (41.3 - 48.8%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

I know this probably won't work, but that's just my two cents.
Unfortunately:

electivire ice beam.png

Also, if you are not running vital spirit, breloom can just spore and switch into something that has earthquake, or depending on the set he can just leech seed stall.

Well. That's a bit of an oversight. And yeah, Vital Spirit would be a necessity.

It's also probably been said, but dat Swellow.

60/85/60/125/125/50. Screams "Spam Boomburst and Air Slash" to me.

252+ SpA Swellow Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 316-376 (68.1 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
(Calculated w/ altered stats ofc)
You could run Lum to prevent Spore, and Air Slash away. There's a decent chance to OHKO 252 HP Breloom, and if you want to run Scarf to try to outspeed, you can run that too.

Here's what I would run:
Swellow @ Lum Berry
Ability: Scrappy
Modest Nature
EVs:4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Air Slash
-Boomburst
-Hidden Power Fighting
-Heat Wave

Edit: moar birds.

Mega Pidgeot: 83/135/135/80/135/121
Absolutely destroys Breloom. I think a simple set of BB / Return or Facade / U-Turn / Roost is fine.

Last edited:
Sorry for double-posting. I should be posting less but so many mons look good in this meta ;-;

Uxie might be good running a Scarfed Physical set. Or a Lum set. Here's my take on it:

Uxie @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Zen Headbutt
-Knock Off
-U-Turn
-Acrobatics/Skill Swap (filler move)

252 Atk Uxie Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Breloom: 240-284 (51.7 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You could also shoot for Knocking Off Breloom's Toxic Orb before it activates, or running Skill Swap to turn his Toxic Orb against him. Acrobatics could be useful when your Lum Berry's gone.

Serperior is insane this meta. 113/113/95/113/95/75 is nothing to scoff at, not to mention a Spore immunity.

252+ SpA Breloom Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Serperior: 178-210 (41.3 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Granted, you have to run a good amount of investment, but after a Contrary Leaf Storm you easily OHKO with HP Flying, and I'm pretty sure you can OHKO or 2HKO with HP Fire.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just thougt I'd throw this out there, but a nice check to Breloom is Acid Spray Tentacruel:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Bomb

While its lowered special defense isn't doing it any favors, Liquid Ooze in conjunction with Acid Spray allows it to negate Breloom's Poison Heal recovery, lower its special defense with Acid Spray and is capable of 2HKOing fully specially defensive Breloom with Sludge Bomb at -2. This makes it a niche check to specially defensive Breloom, and its resistance to Vacuum Wave only helps its cause.

e: oh wait nvm Vacuum Wave resistance isn't as good as before due to Regice being gone, but it is still neat regardless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)