Stark Rules (Evasion)

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokémon Taboos - What not to bring up

There are still a few topics on which there is no use in debating/discussing currently. These topics are as follows (currently only one):

* Evasion/Double Team Lost among the multitude of opinionated posts on this subject in the past months on this board has been a general consensus that the Evasion Clause should remain in place. Threads discussing this issue simply rehash old and tired arguments from both sides, with nothing productive coming out of them. Testing may be carried out at some point, but for now this issue remains closed.
I would like this to be removed from the rules. I don't think that any intelligent discussion should be outright banned because of the topic. If they post with "it shoudl be baned because lance used dt ninjask and it beat me :(((" then infract them with lurk more and delete the post / thread.

I actually don't think I've seen a 'real' discussion of evasion (or OHKOs) for DP, so it's hardly old and tired (considering that the rule has been in place since I started reading Stark...).

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Agree, the less "we dont want you to talk about THIS" stuff we have in the rules the better. It's just kind of petty, and it makes us look like we don't value our community.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, it's especially frustrating for me since I actually don't agree with banning them.

*gets savagely shot down* >_<

Sure, remove it. I'm sure we can expect a discussion topic with the same old arguments on it soon enough, but it makes sense to not ban it anymore.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I started my browsing of Smogon today with IS over the other forums so I don't know if anyone has done so yet, but it would be nice if one of our users *cough*Obi*cough* would ease our way back into discussing evasion with an intelligent discussion thread about it. Maybe I'll get to it in a bit if nobody else has.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I was actually pondering running a tourney where OHKO moves and evasion moves weren't banned just to demonstrate how effective these strategies are, so I'm in support of this. I'd like to see what comes out of any discussion first though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)