sscribbles [:

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
adfasldkfj I haven't done much recently but,,,
(this is from top to bottom new to old)

[note for the below image: some of these were posted before already]

these are all from June v-v
I spent the last two days with a friend, and while we didn't get anything done it was pretty fun haha
ahhh I feel like I've been slacking v-v

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
i haven't been too active but i still drew stuff and c/ped this into the op hUE

^for a thread

(above two are collabs with f(x) (where x = abulous) with her lines and my color :^D)

above is collab with espeonscientist on ps :^D

why is there a box around this LOL my shit cropping skills have been exposed

this is a thing of my chars. i add every new char as i go so idk how to classify this in terms of new>old lol

if you're wondering why the squid stands out so much, it's because i didn't design the squid so it isn't achromatic af :^D

Last edited:

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
II''M ALIIIIVE, OH YEA
SEE THE GOOD AND THaT'S WHERE YOU'LL FIND MEEE-

I feel obliged to cut my hiatus from Smogon short because Bummer snep, our god, granted me an artist badge and now i feel like i need to be useful to thank Bummer snep for his godly kindness.

here's some stuff from August to yesterday (from top to bot)

^ashes + momonpata on da's char :^D

^for a flying press article that highlights that ambipom sucks :_^J

^collab with someone spooky and op, i feel like this really highlights how cool collabs are because i probably wouldn't have colored it this way if the sketch hadn't been so round and loose and stuff

^hbd gift for Jackii d:

^eevee color stuffs idk

^collab with the also super talented f(x)

^collab with the super talented ikanote on dA<3<3

^I actually haven't posted this anywhere yet bc I wanted to have a speedpaint with it!! but I suck so I can't figure out how to change fps from 10 -> 30 so that it'll import into lwks like what is this adskfjas;dl

^oc belongs to RandomBattla, i wanted to try the pretty animu look that you find as the picture for lyrratic's cover of perfectionist complex on yt

Last edited:
His art love me. I like when a person finds his style devoting time to this. Seriously, I have seen the two pages of the topic and I am delighted. That Gyarados and Scizor are the best. Good luck with this.

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
His art love me. I like when a person finds his style devoting time to this. Seriously, I have seen the two pages of the topic and I am delighted. That Gyarados and Scizor are the best. Good luck with this.
oh gosh, thank you so much!! ;; <3

^fanart of op's comic <:

^for tfp "dark types in ou" or something like that <^':

^for tfp article "bottom of the bibarel"

^wanted to try to imitate bluekomadori's style ;c; also day 1 of a pokemon challenge: favorite ground type. <:

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So many things I like about your works, including your palette choices, handling of lighting and shading, and painting style, especially on parts like hair and skin. Have you ever considered putting together a painting tutorial? I'd love to know your secrets ;A;
that gastrodon is majestic af ;w; also you should share your shading secrets
Seconding both of these comments! You're such a cool artist. I must learn your secrets. I love how you can make even your lineless paintings look crisp. Also, you're fabulous at lighting. Take this painting for instance---the lighting is so en pointe and the shadow of her eyelashes is just too amazing. Also, echoing pom, I greatly admire your palette choices. I admit that I've saved a few of your pieces to colour pick palettes from. Have you considered a painting tutorial btw? :>

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
So many things I like about your works, including your palette choices, handling of lighting and shading, and painting style, especially on parts like hair and skin. Have you ever considered putting together a painting tutorial? I'd love to know your secrets ;A;
oml AAAA thank you so much sakdjfalsk <333 I've considered a painting tutorial, but wawaw tutorials are some TOP TIER MATERIAL I'm not sure that I'd be able to pull it off yet. I'm kind of still trying things out myself, and I want to know what I'm doing a bit better before I do something like a tutorial :'^J +my commentary is horrible oh no >v>)b but I do want to make more speedpaints and idk how helpful those might be but maybe you can learn something from it! ;c; <3 (tbh though your paintings are beautiful too like hhh i fell in lOVe with that tropius the moment i saw it in the ss thread ;<; )

that gastrodon is majestic af ;w; also you should share your shading secrets
omg thank you!! gastrodon is actually one of my favorite pieces of mine right now too! ;u; it took me three tries to get it right, but I'm so happy with the result aaaa asjflsdjlk!! I'm not sure that I have any shading secrets but I think a really important thing to keep in mind while shading is that your object is 3d. light hitting the surface of your object at 90° will be brighter and as the angle strays farther and farther away from that angle it becomes darker. it seems really obvious but I think it's easy to overlook,,, for me at least lOL

Seconding both of these comments! You're such a cool artist. I must learn your secrets. I love how you can make even your lineless paintings look crisp. Also, you're fabulous at lighting. Take this painting for instance---the lighting is so en pointe and the shadow of her eyelashes is just too amazing. Also, echoing pom, I greatly admire your palette choices. I admit that I've saved a few of your pieces to colour pick palettes from. Have you considered a painting tutorial btw? :>
SCREAMSssss AAA fell you'RE THE COOLEST KID HEre! I think lineless paintings will look crisp if you just have sharp edges :'^J with painting, you still use lines but instead of drawing out a line you make the line with contrasting values/colors. the more you define that line the crisper your thing thing thing looks (but it takes twenty years aksdjfl),, I'm not going to do any tuts yet bc I'm afraid that am not expert enough to be entrusted with such a task but I want to do more speedpaints and hopefully you can learn something from those!! ;c;

omg i'm so delighted to get these three comments all in a row and i just AAAA
this is actually so great to go to bed to like actually thank you pom, fuzz, and fell so much ;c; <33

I've been drawing mostly pokemon lately so I sadly didn't record a drawing of a human for hair/skin, but I have a speedpaint for the cyndaquil below! >wo)7

speedpaint:

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
You've really come into your own. Phenomenal sense of lighting and style. Can't wait to see more.
phhewww almost one month late replying, but thank you so much! I hope to be able to achieve that sense of lighting and style more consistently, eventually :"^D

ahhh tfw barely drawn anything in feb + jan ;u;

collab w/ jackii, her lines my color:

this has a speedpaint:

ahh this one was super rushed,,,

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Greetings Ssensenh,

I'm really glad to see that we got so many skilled artists with so many unique and distinguishable art styles here on Smogon.
By now I can already tell which artist drew a specific artwork (let's say for a TFP article) just by looking at the art style and without having to look up the artist's username.

The way in which you skillfully play with lighting in your works, in order to make them look genuinely life-like, is for example the particular signature feature that always tells me that it was drawn by you.
A lot of your fellow artists put great emphasis on that element too, but in my opinion your modus operandi to achieve the aforementioned effect has become inimitable.
Since I'm not an artist myself, chances are that I'm just pointing out the blatantly obvious at this point, and you may get this a lot, but I've still wanted to tell you this for a while now.
Every artist here on Smogon has an incomparable style, an "artistic fingerprint" if you will, and this is just one of a plethora of versatile artistic core competencies.

I hope that my feedback is still helpful and relevant to you at least to some extent.
It's just that I think that you genuinely mastered the literal art of lighting and that it's your forte par excellence and that you should keep focusing on that.
I'm looking forward to seeing you hone your artistic skills even further in a foreseeable future!

Keep up the great work!

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
Greetings Ssensenh,

I'm really glad to see that we got so many skilled artists with so many unique and distinguishable art styles here on Smogon.
By now I can already tell which artist drew a specific artwork (let's say for a TFP article) just by looking at the art style and without having to look up the artist's username.

The way in which you skillfully play with lighting in your works, in order to make them look genuinely life-like, is for example the particular signature feature that always tells me that it was drawn by you.
A lot of your fellow artists put great emphasis on that element too, but in my opinion your modus operandi to achieve the aforementioned effect has become inimitable.
Since I'm not an artist myself, chances are that I'm just pointing out the blatantly obvious at this point, and you may get this a lot, but I've still wanted to tell you this for a while now.
Every artist here on Smogon has an incomparable style, an "artistic fingerprint" if you will, and this is just one of a plethora of versatile artistic core competencies.

I hope that my feedback is still helpful and relevant to you at least to some extent.
It's just that I think that you genuinely mastered the literal art of lighting and that it's your forte par excellence and that you should keep focusing on that.
I'm looking forward to seeing you hone your artistic skills even further in a foreseeable future!

Keep up the great work!
ahh, that makes me so happy to hear! <^": I focused a bunch of my efforts on lighting some time ago, and I'm absolutely joyous it's paying off. of course there are still many things I can do better with lighting and many things other than lighting on which I can improve, and I'm increasingly excited to draw more to do so! in part, due to your support. <3 thank you
I'd also like to say that I've personally always admired your dedication and the way you improve this community since I first saw you on these forums!

new->old

and I've speedpaints for the tomato girl, cityscape girl, and sun-eyed girl! respectively:

also if you have 40 minutes to spare Jackii and i did a thing :^J
do forgive our lack of gen1 knowledge, we've never really looked at the specs : ^ J

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)