SM UU Spikes Shark Offense

My first RMT in a while.

Teambuilding Process
I wanted to build a shark+spikes team after fighting it on ladder so i started with Shark + Klefki as a Sharpedo cleaning with spikes chip. Then i added mamo for rocks and an electric immunity, offensive presence and piority ice shard. Next i added sub cm flash fire ghostium z Chandelure as a spin blocker, scizor check and stallbreaker. Seeing no EQ switchins, i added black sludge crobat as a ground immunity and m-alt check. Finally i added in AV bisharp with purusit as a defog abuser and lati trapper. So the original team was : Sharpedo,Klefki,Mamoswine,Chandelure,Crobat,Bisharp
After testing the team for a bit i found out terrak was wrecking my team coming in on chand and mamo, quick attack scizor defeating me after chand gets chipped by rocks and tenta outspeeding chand and 2HKO it with scald and removing hazards, i swapped klef for phy def Chesnaught and Chandelure for jellicent for a better MU with tenta.
The Team
Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang/Psychic Fangs
- Liquidation/Earthquake
- Protect​

Standard Max Atk, Max Spe shark with jolly nature to outspeed most mons (notably hydreigon) at +1. Liquidation > dual fangs are chosen for more damage due to STAB boost (like muk, hippo and OHKO'ing aero), altho writing this i'm considering EQ > liquidation. Ice fang is the prefered coverage > psychic fangs in the last slot due to it OHKO'ing hydreigon and Hax, while psychic fangs can be used as a better MU against amoongus.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield​

Chesnaught is the reliable switchin to Scizor and Terrak to scout for their sets. It's evs are the recommended one from smogon analysis.I chose leech seed as an alternative way to gain health + chip the opposing team, spiky shield synergises with leech + lefties and is a good scouting move against choice scizor/terrak. Due to natural bulk of chesnaught and spiky shield lefties recovery, spikes can be set up easily while hard switching to other offensive mons might force switches from the opponent and leech weakening teams for shark cleaning. Drain punch > Wood hammer as the final move as it has no recoil + more PP.\

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch​

Evs for bisharp is 252 atk adament for max Atk, 220 Spe to hit 231 to speed creep mons speed creeping adamant scizor, and the remaining evs dumped into Sp.def. I used this as a pursuit trapper > Muk-alola as it eats Draco from latias more easily (due to resist) and has a higher speed + offensive presence + better MU against Starmie due to sucker punch. This mon also gives me a better MU against sticky web (as i have no hazard removal) as it gains +2 when sent into webs due to defiant. Sucker punch on this mon is another move helping me outspeed other mons.

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt​

Crobat acts as speed control + offensive m-alt check, taunt gives me a better MU against Stall, and BB can also sorta clean teams considering most Rocks/Steel are chipped by spikes/walled by ches + jelli. Flynium Z is chosen as it item for a no recoil BB nuke + better MU against threats to my team.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
Mamo is chosen as ground immunity and a nuking wallbreaker that force many switches and set up rocks to bully levitate/flying types. adamant max atk max spe to hit as hard as possible to weaken team for shark sweep/ Clean weakened slow teams (like stall and BO teams).

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover​

Jelli's evs are the recommended ones, Will-o-wisp spreads burn in opposing teams. Jelli is a counter to suicune but it is slower and might get pressured stalled. Jelli blocks spins and kinda beats tenta while against starmie, hard bisharp can trap and kill starmie and hazards can be up again.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Liquidation
- Protect

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
Threats D:
Fast Sp.Atk Fire Types: things like moltress/rotom-H/Houndoom can come in on chesnaught/ first turn against most mons (except shark) and threaten Fire type that bisharp can't eat while jelli usually have to remain healthy and lose to the secondary stab. Against these mons at team preview i like to use crobat first or shark first to nuke these fire types/pivot to mamo or some other mons to get rocks up to handle these. But usually i overextend my checks and lose.
Blastoise: Mega toise beats my spinblocker and is bulky enough to take out another mon.
Manectric: Outspeeds many things and High sp.atk kills stuff, usually i trade mamo for manectric which might mean no rocks for the game.
Status Moves/Residue chip: Sometimes i just get volt turned and toxic spammed and because of how frail my team is, i lose too many mons and things like lucario/m-aero might clean my team up.

Replays
Against moltres https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-916503566
Against Semi stall https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-916497510
Found someone using it 2hours ltr on ladder : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-916518081

Sorry for grammatical/spelling mistakes or incoherence, i was kinda rushing this/ didn't proof read.
RMT please and help improve it thanks.

edits: added replays

Last edited:
Hey King Troller cool Shark HO you have here. You started structuring it pretty well, though you have sort of leaned into a BO approach with using things like Chesnaught as your spiker and sets like AV Bisharp over SD which would appreciate the Spike support me. Playing around offensive electric types like Mega Mane, as you already pointed out, is pretty annoying for this team when it becomes so reliant on Mamoswine to punish them. I think there are a few changes that can be made to help improve this team to allow Sharpedo to win in the end game.

Major Changes:

>
: Chesnaught just seems like an odd choice for a spiker on HO. I understand why you added it, being the fighting types in the tier, but you then added Jellicent too which also helps with this match up. I am going to suggest you go back to Klefki which provides a lot more utlity with T-Wave support, allowing you to handle faster threats. It gives you the needed Hydreigon and Latias check.

>
: With Klefki being added you no longer need to use AV Bisharp. Cobalion gives this team another check to Scizor and Bisharp, the latter frees up Sharpedo to run a different move in the third slot. This will be your Stealth Rock user, which is something Mamo greatly appreciates because it is now freed up another coverage slot. Taunt helps shut down a lot of bulky Pokemon from setting up or removing hazards and can help break fat teams. Rocky Helmet chips down physical attackers which can drop them in range for Shark with the help of hazards too.

>
: Latias gives you more leniancy against the electric types which can have an easy time pressuring this team. It takes a lot of pressure off your Mamo, improving its breaking potential. Latias helps chip down a lot of its checks being steel types which is great for Sharpedo in the endgame. Dragonium Z gives it that one time nuke to break through fatter Mons that Sharpedo struggles breaking past. It also gives you another fighting resist to take on the likes of Terrakion, while giving you a check to threats like Moltres.

Minor Changes:

(Spread and item change): I made it faster than Pokemon like Araquanid and Mantine so you can get a Taunt off first. It also creeps other Jelli doing the same thing. I also changed it to Colbur Berry because it is nicer for luring in Krook, Daunt and Knock Off Scizor and burning them in the process. You also had a Serious nature, so I set it to a Bold nature.

(Move Change): As I said it now has a free slot. Knock Off helps remove items from its checks like Rotom-H, defensive Prima, Slowbro etc. All around it is good coverage and Knock support is appreciated on any team.

(Move and Nature Change): With Cobalion checking Bisharp you are freed up to use Psychic Fangs. Overall Liquidation isn't worth using over its other coverage options. Psychic Fangs hits a lot more targets than its water stab does. In general I would use Waterfall > Liquidation for the flinch chance if you were to run a set like this. I also set it to an Adamant nature, outspeeding Scarf Hydra and Krook isn't that important as the rest of the team deals with them well.

<Click Sprites for Importable>
I hope you like the suggestions and give them a try. You shouldn't have nearly as many issues with fighting types or Scizor with these suggestions. It should focus more on the HO you were initially going for with the additional breakers than focusing on defensive utility. Let me know if you have any questions about this team and I look forward to any future teams you RMT ^_^

tried the team, most of my threats are reduced but new ones appeared. Most notably would be the overworked klef and lati, where things like prim bully klef and u-turning infernape/pursuit trappers killing lati early damage these mons with not much benefit on my side. Another new threat was Crawdaunt which dual stab coverage with aqua jet threatening mamo breaking the team. Overall i found the team better i think with less bad MU that i almost lose on team preview, although the playstyle is abit different from what i like to build with. Thanks for the rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)