Speedrunning

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mario would make the most sense as not everyone necessarily has a cleared save. When it comes to time the earlier the better for me, I feel asleep last time I did this with you guys and I have a friend who would be more likely to join if the time was earlier. This isn't a necessity but if you're asking for input, there's mine.

how would people be for 6-7 pm EST? or we could even try morning to try and include Europeans.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Super Mario Galaxy any% Mario race has been set for Saturday, June 26 at 7 PM EST. Head on down to #speedrunraces on SynIRC or drop a post here if you're interested.

i really love the retroactive dramatic irony induced by the delay on voices

please note moi doesn't include the times

Last edited:
open challenge for a bastion, transistor, risk of rain, zelda, or metroid 4 race q:] Any time after my final on thursday would be best.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I still maintain that we should all play like, sonic generations or SA2 or whichever one is 5$ on steam so people can buy it without going broke.

Or 2006.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Frankly I've wanted to do a blind speedrace of that game with some friends for a long time now. Tragically that would involve buying it.

Ampharos

I played the first few worlds with my friend once for the sole purpose of riffing on it. It was a painful experience.

We should totally race it.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
I just checked. For me the game would be $17, waaaay more than I would want to pay for it. There's also the issue of load times. Depending on your system and whether the game is installed, load times are radically different (but always awful). I have a PS3 so I'm on the shit end either way. As usual don't worry about what affects me, but keep in mind that this might affect others as well.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
why would you ever encourage anyone to play that game, even sarcastically
Because games with bad mechanics often make for fun speedruns and because each story is really short relative to other games (cough 7 hours for galaxy cough).

Ampharos

Real men finish galaxy in 5 hours 23 minutes and 22 seconds or less.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, would anyone be interested in doing a 3 hourish long game on Thursday or Saturday at 8 EST? I'm thinking SM64 70 star, Megaman 2, or maybe Ocarina of Time until the Master Sword (glitchless)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)