Project SmogonVGC Friendly Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
(yes I know I'm reusing the same banner idc)

Welcome to the first of many Wifi Tournaments held by SmogonVGC. Friendly Competitions are meant to be a break from the rigorous competitive season where players can participate in themed competitions that differ a bit from the norm. Players can use this opportunity to flex their brain muscles as they team build for tournaments with unique stipulations. Each month will be different, but this month we plan on hosting a VGC Ubers. The tournament will take place on May 5th - May 6th and signs up will last up until the tournament commences.

How this works:
If you're familiar with regular International Challenges then this will be a no-brainer for you. Simply sign up for this tournament in the same fashion that you would with an International Challenge and you're good to go! When the date and time of the competition arrive head to Battle Spot then tap on "Friendly Competition." Proceed to scan the QR Code and you should be good to go! Then hop on the same and find your opponents.

Remember that Friendly Competitions need at least 20 participants in order to actually commence, so please share the message!

Considering that this is a VGC 16' style tournament the following restricted Pokemon can be added to your team, but you are limited to only two of them:
Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma.

Should be noted that Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, and Magearna will not be permitted.

While you're playing check out the #livetours room in the SmogonVGC Discord Server for live discussion of the tournament! :]

Sign ups are right here! https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/friendlycompetitions/internet/FI-R6911-Y153

Signed up for the Competition! I never played VGC16, so it will be a fun experience to try old teams and Primals! :D

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
When you forget your password, and Pokemon.com never sends the reset email, you tend to be stressed. I eventually remembered it, and I am pumped for this!

e: and it literally sent as I was typing this -.-

Last edited:
I believe there has been something overlooked in the rules. Ash-Greninja should be listed alongside the Mythical Pokémon as not permitted. This would be in accordance to how it is banned in Battle Spot Doubles, and because how it is obtained is much more similar to Mythical Pokémon than Restricted Legendaries.

Reactions: Jio
Signed in! I never played VGC 16 so this is gonna be fun to use Ubers, the only problem is that i only have 4 restricted legendaries competitive-ready but that will not hold me back from having fun!

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So it's not looking likely that we'll pick up 20 participants by the weekend. Instead, I'll just host the 16' throwback on showdown on Saturday and Sunday and treat it like a regular SmogonVGC live. Need to figure out what times work out best for everyone that already signed up though so let me know here or on VGC discord please https://discord.gg/9sRB8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)