Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament III - Cycle 7 Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Welcome to Cycle 7 of Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament. Please make sure to read the rules of the tournament carefully. If your sign-up post does not follow the rules explained below, it will be deleted. This Cycle will run for 8 days and will end on Monday, September 26th, 11:59 AM Eastern time.

Here are the specifics:

1. The host of this tournament is Quite Quiet. We will be using the regular Pokemon Showdown ORAS OU ladder for this tournament, not a new one. This will ensure maximum activity and competition.

2. The qualification period for the OLT will run for a total of 56 days with 8 day cycles. After each 8 day cycle, the top 4 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO) at the end of the cycle with the sign-up criteria explained in #3 below will directly qualify for the playoffs of the OLT. Following that, the 0 players after the top two will earn a preliminary qualification spot (7 players in cycle 1, 5 players in cycle 2-6). During cycle 7, these preliminary slots will be paired against another in a preliminary qualifying round and the winners of these will be put into the winner's bracket for round 1 and the losers will start out in the loser's bracket. Cycle 7 will, because of that, have no preliminary slots and instead 4 direct qualifying slots instead. Playoffs will be a best of three, double elimination tournament. The tournament is not seeded outside the preliminary qualification round. Pairings for the qualified are randomized. The ladder is not reset after each cycle, only alts are (meaning you create new alts after each cycle).

We are currently in CYCLE 7, which means that after 8 days [ending on Monday, September 26th, 11:59 AM Eastern time], the top 4 accounts that signed up for this tournament following the proper sign-up criteria explained in #3 below will be qualified for the eventual playoffs of the OLT.

3. In order to sign-up for the OLT, FOLLOW THE SIGN-UP FORMAT BELOW AND REGISTER YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT(S) ON POKEMON SHOWDOWN USING THE FORMAT BELOW:

[LT7#] ForumNameHere - the "#" denotes a letter of your choosing, and "ForumNameHere" obviously denotes your forum name. You are allowed up to 3 alts total for this cycle, each of which must follow the aforementioned format.

Here's an example sign-up post for you all to follow:

Forum name: Style
Cycle 7 Alts: LT7A Style, LT7B Style, LT7C Style
Do my alts for Cycle 7 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: Yes!
YOU MUST SIGN UP WITH YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT BEFORE STARTING BATTLES WITH IT. Your alt must be registered on the day of sign-ups or onwards to prevent people from registering an account beforehand and laddering with it to gain and unfair advantage. It's very easy to check when an account was registered and we will be checking to make sure people comply. You will be allowed to include 2 to 3 alts in your sign-up for each cycle. You will not be allowed to edit these alts after you include them in your initial sign-up for any given cycle. By the way, make sure to register your LT alt on Pokemon ShowDown!. We've had to deal with people who got their account registered by someone else because they were unprotected. It is advised that you once you sign up here, you immediatly register the accounts on PS afterwards.

4. Once you make the top 2 and qualify (this does not mean making the top 2 at any given point during the cycle, it means being in the top 2 at the end of the cycle), you’re qualified for playoffs. You are free to ladder any other week you wish. However, making the top 2 more than once won’t give a player anything other than personal satisfaction and bragging rights. If a person qualifies again during a week after their initial qualification, the newly qualified account will be skipped and the next unqualified account will be selected from the leaderboard to participate in the tournament, this includes preliminary qualifications. If you first get a preliminary qualification and during a later cycle earn a direct qualification, the preliminary slot is given to next in line.

5. To quote Aldaron here, the intent of the project this time is increase ladder activity and quality. If we set up set time periods that were always Monday - Sunday, we estimated we would primarily see activity boosts at the end. By shifting, we hope it, even on a minor level, helps spread activity which in turn translates to a more spread increase in activity, as opposed to just on the weekends.

6. In the case of one person having more than one account in the top during any given cycle, their highest ranked account will be the one to qualify and the duplicates will be skipped. Let's say one person in the top holds positions #1, #2 and #3 on the ladder during cycle 1 with the alts he signed-up with. In this scenario, #1 will be the only account of theirs to qualify and #2 and #3 will be skipped over because they are the same person as #1. In this same scenario, position #4 on the ladder will be the second qualifier of the cycle and so on.

7. Given that this is a ladder tournament, many of you are likely thinking there are ways people can cheat the system. We are aware of these issues and have been working with Zarel to monitor and patrol instances of cheating. Any person found cheating will be subject to strict punishments.
To add onto that: if we have a reason to believe you forfeited a game to boost a friend's account, you will be sanctionned.

Good luck to everyone! Again, this is Cycle 7 of Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament. Please make sure to read the rules of the tournament carefully. If your sign-up post does not follow the rules explained below, it will be deleted. This Cycle will run for 8 days and will end on Monday, September 26th, 11:59 AM Eastern time.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Cycle 6 Top 7

Rank #1: Tele
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT6Z Tele
ELO: 2044
GXE: 89.6
Total Games: 139 | Wins: 108 | Losses: 31
W/L Ratio: 77.70%

Rank #2: DANN3
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT6D NY
ELO: 2037
GXE: 88.3
Games played were reset, so this is not accurate
Total Games:
W/L Ratio:

Rank #2: JohnYiu
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT6J XY
ELO: 2037
GXE: 87.4
Total Games: 194 | Wins: 135 | Losses: 59
W/L Ratio: 69.59%

Rank #4: DennisEG
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT6e gdnn1
ELO: 2066
GXE: 91.4
Total Games: 150 | Wins: 109 | Losses: 41
W/L Ratio: 72.67%

Rank #5: Bushtush
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT6k bushtush
ELO: 2028
GXE: 85.5
Total Games: 118 | Wins: 79 | Losses: 39
W/L Ratio: 66.95%

Rank #6: Mounts
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT6G Mounts
ELO: 2054
GXE: 85.6
Total Games: 95 | Wins: 77 | Losses: 18
W/L Ratio: 81.05%

Rank #6: Nintendi
Qualified Cycle # Name: LT6X Nintendi
ELO: 2012
GXE: 89.5
Total Games: 175 | Wins: 131 | Losses: 44
W/L Ratio: 74.86%

The winner of the tiebreak game between DANN3 and JohnYiu will get the second direct qualification spot.

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.
Forum name: MegaStarUniverse
Cycle 7 Alts: LT7M MegaStar
Do my alts for Cycle 7 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
Forum name: TheGreninjaWarrior21
Cycle 7 Alts: LT7A Greninja, LT7B Greninja, LT7W Greninja
Do my alts for Cycle 7 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: Yes!

Zokuru

The Stall Lord
is a Tiering Contributor
Forum name: Zokuru
Cycle 7 Alts: LT7Q Zokuru, LT7S Zokuru, LT7D Zokuru

Forum Name: RRRPG
Cycle 7 Alt: LT7A RRRPG
Do my alts for cycle 7 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviaton of it as required by the rules?: Yes!

Forum name: Kurukaito
Cycle 7 Alts: LT7A Kurukaito, LT7B Kurukaito, LT7C Kurukaito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)