Smogon University PO Statistics — May 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use DDTar on my sandstorm team and it´s still deadly. I use it with LO and aqua tail to fuck up gliscor. But yeah this gen wasn´t so kind with that set.

you guys don't want latias in UU. it came there on PO and......let's just say it was a bloody fiasco, no scizor and tyranitar to end CMing.chansey was pretty much the only thing that could stop it and that too unreliable due to psycock. it gets to +6 with ease in OU(with its arch nemesii gone) in UU it cant be stopped even chansey cant stop variants with refresh or safeguard.

I see a massive rise of Toxicroak and Latias. SubCM Latias> Everything apart from Scizor and Tyranitar. Just kill those two, and you're ready to sweep.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know this is a little bit late, however Scrafty has two phenomenal abilities, great STABes and can run two very great sets (bulk up and dd). Both of those sets can and will take advantage of either of his abilities, though I prefer moxie on the dd set for obvious reasons. People are forgetting a great thing about tyranitar when they say they only use him for sand stream, which, albeit, might be true, he can also lay down Stealth Rock and can run a magnitude of sets. There's almost nothing tyranitar can't do, which is probably its biggest selling point over hippo

No it because stupid Lati@s forces every team to run a TTar or Scizor to counter it or you are swept

T-tar
Scizor
Escavalier
Bronzong
Jirachi
Metagross
Blissey/Chansey

All are OU(except Escavalier and Chansey) and all of them can take a Specs Meteor and force Latios out.

Or, you can't just revenge it or set up on it's -2 Meteor :L

CM Latias is trouble though.

No it because stupid Lati@s forces every team to run a TTar or Scizor to counter it or you are swept
This isn't true.
While tyranitar works great as a "counter" to the two mentioned pokemons, it is true that it's used a lot due to its sand stream ability for the gen 5.

Weather War = Gen 5 Meta

This is pretty much true.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I remember the good old times of early meta where my Porygon2 could easily recover in the face of Draco Meteor, lol.
I loved early meta P2. Nobody would prepare enough for it and just sit back and watch as their entire team gets walled by the thing.

why isn't feraligatr used more in dream world?
the thing is so amazing...it's true you get shut down by a selection of mons depending whether you use crunch or superpower but really that shouldn't be a problem (often times)
:(

Usage stats are like Pokemon-related drugs.

R_D will deliver usage stats soon... I am sure of it...
Haha. Yeah, I'm excited for them too. Although last generation we used to usually get them around the 10th of the month, so just be patient. They have lives to live too. :D

Although I do remember last generation, there was one month where they had server problems, so they couldn't get the statistics at the time. Which I'm fine with, I understand that, except NOBODY TOLD US! So people like us were checking here the entire month for statistics, and got nothing. :(

I honestly don't mind if there's server problems or whatever. It's just the way things go. But while we're on the topic, I think if it ever happens again, we should be told about it. Last time it was basically only those people high up in the Smogon ranks who knew, along with all their friends. I don't see any harm in telling everybody else. I was pretty pissed off when only the following month they decided to tell us there were server problems, and it turned out all the popular people on Smogon knew all along.

I'm not saying there's server problems this time or anything. Just reminded me to mention this. I'd wait another 2 weeks before worrying tbh. R_D and everybody else have busy lives too.

I work 9 hours a day from before July started to this coming Sunday. It takes quite some time to get this stuff going. I have the stats, though, just gotta get them compiled. The absolute latest before they get posted will be next Monday (my first day off). If I get off early or something, they may be posted earlier than that. Sorry for the delay.

I work 9 hours a day from before July started to this coming Sunday. It takes quite some time to get this stuff going. I have the stats, though, just gotta get them compiled. The absolute latest before they get posted will be next Monday (my first day off). If I get off early or something, they may be posted earlier than that. Sorry for the delay.
No problem. Don't feel pressured or anything. I work 8:30 to 5:30 everyday too, so I know what it's like. Thanks for your hard work. :)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
My predictions: with all the hype it's getting, Gastrodon will almost make the OU cut. Excadrill usage will rise now that there's no "Should I use drill or chomp?" question, which will cause people to want it banned more. Tornadobro will drop to UU and nobody will cry, but he will be quickly voted BL.

I could say more, but those are my best ones.

My predictions: with all the hype it's getting, Gastrodon will almost make the OU cut. Excadrill usage will rise now that there's no "Should I use drill or chomp?" question, which will cause people to want it banned more. Tornadobro will drop to UU and nobody will cry, but he will be quickly voted BL.

I could say more, but those are my best ones.
Latias will rise due to the CM Latias set becoming more popular

Toxicroak will rise due to Rain becoming more popular, Chomp being banned, and people realizing how monstrous it can be.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agree with Toxicroak, disagree with latias. i think Latios will drop a few spots due to its checks counters becoming more prominent. Thunderus will rise a single spot due to the hype from its auto-suspect status ut only one spot due to its checks/counters rising accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)