Smogon University PO Statistics — June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latias is a critical member of stall and defensive teams. Latias acts as a great mixed pivot thanks to its resistance to grass, water, electric, and fighting. Latios lacks the bulk to do the same thing. Calm mind isn't for outright sweeping, latias isn't suppose to, calm mind is used to sponge special hits better and beat out some special attackers, and at the same time if you keep your Latias around, you can very easy pull a late game calm mind sweep due to its speed and ability to boost and not be easy be taken out by anything. Latias well be getting more use anyway now because of it's ability to combat Keldeo and Thundurus, another example of it's utility.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's easier to misuse Latias because regardless of their differences in Special Attack, they're very similar as far as Pokemon are concerned. The main selling point Latios has is that he can 2HKO Tyranitar with Grass Knot (including Stealth Rock damage and Choice Specs/Expert Belt). Not to mention Latios can provide rain with a powerful sweeper/abuser, where Latias shys in the background lacking room for Surf/Thunder on its most standard sets.

Latias needs patience to effectively contribute towards a match. Latios can spam Draco Meteor here, there and everywhere, which doesn't leave much room for Latias because the opponent's immediate reaction is to go straight to Tyranitar/Scizor anyway. Therefore Latias has to preserve its bulk and monumental sweeping capabilities in favor of team synergy and support. Once the field is clear of Pursuit/U-turn you're free to let her fly in and Calm Mind untill Dragon Pulse is sufficiently strong enough.

You never invest in Special Attack for Latias unless you aim to OHKO certain Dragonite after however many Calm Minds.

This is why I used them both in a Wobbuffet/Politoed/Tornadus core. They attract Tyranitar, and the pair of them wreak havoc on the enemy teams because two will always be greater than one. I like the idea of sacraficing one of Lati@S in order for the second to finish off its counters whom struggled with the first twin.

Hell, if we see Keldeo and Terrakion shoot up the usage statistics next month then that may just help warrant dual-Lati@S' viability as a unit. Terrakion is already doing well and Keldeo's fresh release is still in the back of most competitive battlers' minds.

1337 OU

| 1 | Scizor | 2875 | 46.053% | 2451 | 45.579% |

Wow... I really hope this thing gets a new move that allows it to move up to ubers one day.

I want Chansey in UU.

Ive see far less Scizor and rotom in this metagame, they are still common, but not on every other team common. I wonder who is gonna take the OU crown next month? Maybe Politoed lol.

1337 OU

| 1 | Scizor | 2875 | 46.053% | 2451 | 45.579% |

Wow... I really hope this thing gets a new move that allows it to move up to ubers one day.
If only Bullet Punch was 60 Base Power. Heck, maybe next gen, all priority may be 60 base power or more. U-turn's power to 60 base along with that bullet punch would send it to Uber. Then again, I can still see it not being broken in OU.

RU Escavalier. I am so amazed. Escavalier always seemed broken to me with it's ability to OHKO or 2HKO the vast majority of the metagame. It lacks coverage, but WHO CARES?! Megahorn is honestly all it needs. Even resists take massive damage. To put it in perspective, Sableye, one of the best physical attacker stoppers, is cleanly 2HKOed by burned Choice Band Escavalier megahorn. Also, I see Heracross in UU and Pinsir in NU. Am I the only one who realizes they got Moxie released? Moxie ScarfCross is devastating even in DW OU where Chandelure roasts it alive.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Am I the only one who realizes they got Moxie released? Moxie ScarfCross is devastating even in DW OU where Chandelure roasts it alive.
These stats are from before BW2 was on the Smogon server.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dragonite at #2? I seen it as a overused Pokemon but not THAT overused.
Multi Scale and a well-devised EV spread to tank Choiced attacks and Roost off the damage whilst being able to Dragon Dance and Substitute simultaniously. That or you can lead right off the bat with Lum Berry/Choice Band and if there's no sand present at the time, you're free to fire off Outrages to your heart's content.

I'm skeptical. Would personally rather wait until July 14, when it's officially released.

I think it would fit better in uu. Your call though.
I'll consult the tiering folks.

Also, Metagame analyses, moveset analyses, and a DW UU banlist are now up. Check the OPs.

I'm skeptical. Would personally rather wait until July 14, when it's officially released.
Fair enough. Idk why, but i do not feel like Meloetta is going to be such a big threat. I don't think Relic Song is gonna be as effective as a lot of people are hyping it up to be. I personally think it's best set will be SubCM or CM+ 3 Attacks.

Both, combined.
Excellent! Now I must contribute on the PS! side to ensure RU gets more balanced. I can also see about handling the other tiers, but RU seems to call the most attention to me, with the other tiers tied for second in priority to my desire for optimal balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)