Credit for the artwork goes to rozes †

Smogon Superstars I: Won by Jibaku
Smogon Superstars II: Won by 6A9 Ace Matador
Smogon Superstars III: Won by Aeroblacktyl
Smogon Superstars IV: Won by panamaxis
Smogon Superstars V: Won by HeIIraiser
Smogon Superstars VI: Won by M Dragon
Smogon Superstars VII: Won by Level 56

Previous hosts: tripe, undisputed, ENZ0, FireMage, KratosMana and TDK.

Smogon Superstars is a tournament that sees some of Smogon's finest players and Finchinator duke it out in our three most recent OU metagames. All participants in this tournament were handpicked and invited to play.

A big thank you to SparksBlade for helping me maintain the above spreadsheet throughout this tournament!

#13 Snou vs. #8 FLCL

Since Snou is in the winners bracket, FLCL has to win two bo3s, while Snou has to win a single bo3. Good luck to you both!

Last edited:

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
I miss back in the day when people would actually look forward to watching these matches on PO and even if they missed it they'd ask for logs to be posted in the thread just to read them later. I remember people making those colored logs in order to make reading games easier... what the fuck happened to unofficials man?

We all know for a fact this isn't the only one as well. Even some silly tournament like The Unscrupulous Tiering Director Tournament in which I crushed CrashinBoomBang in finals in 2013 had a lot more hype than this. And this is Superstars, a tournament that used to be prestigious at one point. I don't know what caused unofficials to lose so much of their appeal. Maybe it's the inflation of official tournaments in recent years (Grand Slam -> Classic -> OLT ->Snake), which makes us give less value to unofficial tournaments; maybe it's the easy access to replays, which means watching these specific games live is pointless due to the lack of hype; maybe it's the lack of "physical" rewards in winning them considering back in the day there were fewer trophies so even winning unofficials for no ribbon / trophy was actually a decent accomplishment in the community.

Honestly I just don't know what it is, but I do think it's sad to see unofficial tournaments like this. What used to be a fun and decently prestigious part of the forums is now just a bunch of random games no one gives 2 fucks about, except for some tryhards trying to grind Smogon Championship points like reyscarface. I understand SC was an attempt to fix this issue, but when you have a top 16 decided by official tournaments qualifiers it doesn't really increase the appeal of unofficials anyway.

#13 Snou vs. #8 FLCL

Predicting FLCL because he's my friend but I don't really think he's winning because I just read that he's in losers bracket after bolding his name. I'm not gonna bother changing that because no one gives a fuck. I'm not looking forward to this series whatsoever but I do like both these players when they're not hard inting, so I might watch it if I'm not too busy inting irl / in League.

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
I miss back in the day when people would actually look forward to watching these matches on PO and even if they missed it they'd ask for logs to be posted in the thread just to read them later. I remember people making those colored logs in order to make reading games easier... what the fuck happened to unofficials man?

We all know for a fact this isn't the only one as well. Even some silly tournament like The Unscrupulous Tiering Director Tournament in which I crushed CrashinBoomBang in finals in 2013 had a lot more hype than this. And this is Superstars, a tournament that used to be prestigious at one point. I don't know what caused unofficials to lose so much of their appeal. Maybe it's the inflation of official tournaments in recent years (Grand Slam -> Classic -> OLT ->Snake), which makes us give less value to unofficial tournaments; maybe it's the easy access to replays, which means watching these specific games live is pointless due to the lack of hype; maybe it's the lack of "physical" rewards in winning them considering back in the day there were fewer trophies so even winning unofficials for no ribbon / trophy was actually a decent accomplishment in the community.

Honestly I just don't know what it is, but I do think it's sad to see unofficial tournaments like this. What used to be a fun and decently prestigious part of the forums is now just a bunch of random games no one gives 2 fucks about, except for some tryhards trying to grind Smogon Championship points like reyscarface. I understand SC was an attempt to fix this issue, but when you have a top 16 decided by official tournaments qualifiers it doesn't really increase the appeal of unofficials anyway.

#13 Snou vs. #8 FLCL

Predicting FLCL because he's my friend but I don't really think he's winning because I just read that he's in losers bracket after bolding his name. I'm not gonna bother changing that because no one gives a fuck. I'm not looking forward to this series whatsoever but I do like both these players when they're not hard inting, so I might watch it if I'm not too busy inting irl / in League.
what is this autism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)