Smogon Snake Draft I - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

z0mOG

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 26 Championis a defending SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
DPL Champion
hi, end season post coming thru:

a little sad our team wasn't able to make finals in the end after a huge comeback to get playoffs:( but I'm glad that I was able to do better than i did in past tours on a personal level, and that our team managed to defy the power ranks pretty well!!
i went from wanting to be traded day 1 because i didnt trust how things would go, to a point where i wouldve refused to join whatever new team i was on until I got traded back. such a gr8 group of people to play with x)
it doesn't feel right to write out long messages for everyone after a disappointing ending, but I'll tag the ppl I appreciated having on the team the most/prepping with/just talking to for anything else ^_^
Eo Ut Mortus psychicmewtwo Funkasaurus Lavos ez Lax elodin jacob undisputed Meru p2 Iloveleague
Pearl Arii Stella i know u had a rough time in your games this tour, but u gotta pick urself up and forget the bad parts of the past!! :D
SilentVerse reyscarface ggggd (the littler u are the better u are at little cup :D) MajorBowman passion Feliburn obii ayevon teal6 , and all my cpg men and the chinese server boys
Also big thanks to the people that stuck around in our chat to help out (possibly more than some teammates) Nails Rewer HANTSUKI Rakan

I gotta go out of my way for one of them though, Ciele is hands-down the best manager I've had the pleasure to play for, and I hope everyone gets the chance to at least team up with this monster once (before he retires =C ). Staying up late just to chat with you about every possible thing was awesome, and you were probably the most helpful when it came to helping support me/the rest of the OU players on this team. You also aren't actually a robot like everyone else says you are!!! amazing

unfortunately, I also feel the **need** to do a few negative shout outs, i rly hate making people feel bad, and this is possibly the opposite direction I should be taking to get this infraction removed, but things need to be said

Blast rly a let down :( i don't know if it was you being too busy irl, lack of motivation, bad environment for u or whatever, but to be a r8 pick and only have 20 messages throughout an entire season is unacceptable. if you knew you were gonna have activity problems, you could say something? let some teammates prep for you and just show up and play your games well? or at least try to help a bit after getting subbed out to make up for the bad performances like the other ppl who got subbed out did (fortunately elodin was a saving grace). i don't think this is anything more than a bad tour for u, and im inclined to assume you just had some stuff going on irl, but next time plz don't signup if you arent going to be a committed teammate, or at least SAY something before its too late and everyone suffers because of you
anyways, thanks every1 else for making this tour enjoyable, I hope my friends who didnt do gr8 bounce back during SPL and that should be an awesome tour too :)

Also, subbing myself out for Arii Stella
Luigi ict Axel

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
lost vs teal in a good one. i won't spend a whole post defending this loss, but i honestly feel like i prepared and played well all things considered, so i don't truly have any regrets at the end of the day.
as for the obligatory end-of-season formalities, i won't be doing any individual shoutouts because i don't really fuck with those unless they come from the winning team. however, i'd still like to use this chance to thank most of my teammates for not letting themselves get kicked down by the circumstances (immense community backlash, horrid beginning to our season among other things) and also for being, in general, a pleasant bunch of human beings to interact with. most of the people i chatted with on a regular basis knew that i was pretty unhappy with the way the draft went for my team (and myself in particular). i don't consider myself a good r1 pick (as my final record clearly shows) and in spite of the unfavorable spot, i still felt like my managers missed out on a couple of opportunities to draft powerful picks. that plus the fact that njnp cried his heart out to get traded (note: this is not the whole truth. he said he'd still play for us if we couldn't get a good deal out of the situation, but the whole thing still caused some unnecessary stress among the members of our team, which i considered pretty awful) was very upsetting in general. however, i eventually warmed up to the idea of playing for the goldenrod gliders. it still wasn't my optimal choice (even now i'm wondering how things would've been if things happened differently), but i thought that just doing my thing in uu could also be fun in its own way. it turns out i didn't have much fun playing anyway, but watching our team grow through the difficulties and dead nu players was lovely in its own unique way. last but not least, i can't help but give an honorable mention to z0mOG. i never saw you as a spectacular player or anything of sorts, and seeing you get wrecked by manectric while piloting stall during wcop was prolly the first game that came to my mind whenever i thought of you playing pokemon. however, even though you didn't really "clean" your reputation on an individual basis, you've managed to earn my respect (not implying that it means much, but that's ok as long as it makes ur day just a little bit better) with your commitment to this tournament. really good chat presence, very helpful teammate and just an overall good person. i honestly think you can go far if you keep it up and don't give up on this game.

for the uu playerbase this tournament: well played guys. as once again my record shows, i'm not as good of a player as the popular opinion pictured me to be at the beginning of snake. however, i still feel like this tournament truly helped me solidifying my place as one of sm uu's best (if not the best) teambuilders. this obviously isn't that meaningful when you can't pilot your teams to score wins, but considering that teambuilding is probably my favorite aspect of this game, this is something that means a lot to me on a personal level. that aside, it was fun to watch y'all play (although it made me a little pissed whenever someone decided to walk into a game without steel-types or ground immune pokemon) and i hope that spl turns out to be just as good (if not better). i'll prolly post some more stuff in the sm uu forums whenever i feel like it, but this should be ok for now. big shoutout to pokeisfun for accepting to come over to the gliders' side and stepping up to the occasion when i became burned out of playing. i was a little unhappy with the way your game vs sacri went down, but i'm still thankful you were there to lend me a hand when i needed it. i still think weavile was broken as balls though, so sorry about that one.

for the pitvipers: ggs guys. i know that things weren't entirely peaceful (sometimes the gg police has to intervene, but that's just how things go), but as someone who has a lot of friends on this team i'm legitimately happy for you guys right now. i know that there have been some ghosting accusations flying around regarding you guys, and while i have no way of knowing whether people do ghost/get ghosted or not within your team (aside from the starmaster incident i guess, but even then he wasn't caught ghosting a teammate), i still find it unfair that people are trying to downgrade the work of a whole squad like that. i'll pray you guys are clean until the bitter end, but if it turns out you aren't anyway, i still won't let that be a deciding factor in our friendship unlike some people on smogon would.

last but not least, a big thank you to everyone (yes, even that one guy who would ditch his "friends" for the sake of his smogon "rep". i'm still rocking your ev spreads btw) who helped me prepare my teams and test for my matches. i'm not a very hopeful person, but seeing that there are people who would go out of their way to lend a helping hand makes me a little happier at the end of the day. i'm also grateful to everyone who makes my days spent on this website worth it in spite of all the drama and other bad things, but that's a post for another day.

go serpents!

p.s. i don't intend on quitting pokemon nor smogon yet, so please stop with the rumors. see you in spl!

Last edited:
hi, end season post coming thru:

a little sad our team wasn't able to make finals in the end after a huge comeback to get playoffs:( but I'm glad that I was able to do better than i did in past tours on a personal level, and that our team managed to defy the power ranks pretty well!!
i went from wanting to be traded day 1 because i didnt trust how things would go, to a point where i wouldve refused to join whatever new team i was on until I got traded back. such a gr8 group of people to play with x)
it doesn't feel right to write out long messages for everyone after a disappointing ending, but I'll tag the ppl I appreciated having on the team the most/prepping with/just talking to for anything else ^_^
Eo Ut Mortus psychicmewtwo Funkasaurus Lavos ez Lax elodin jacob undisputed Meru p2 Iloveleague
Pearl Arii Stella i know u had a rough time in your games this tour, but u gotta pick urself up and forget the bad parts of the past!! :D
SilentVerse reyscarface ggggd (the littler u are the better u are at little cup :D) MajorBowman passion Feliburn obii ayevon teal6 , and all my cpg men and the chinese server boys
Also big thanks to the people that stuck around in our chat to help out (possibly more than some teammates) Nails Rewer HANTSUKI Rakan

I gotta go out of my way for one of them though, Ciele is hands-down the best manager I've had the pleasure to play for, and I hope everyone gets the chance to at least team up with this monster once (before he retires =C ). Staying up late just to chat with you about every possible thing was awesome, and you were probably the most helpful when it came to helping support me/the rest of the OU players on this team. You also aren't actually a robot like everyone else says you are!!! amazing

unfortunately, I also feel the **need** to do a few negative shout outs, i rly hate making people feel bad, and this is possibly the opposite direction I should be taking to get this infraction removed, but things need to be said

Blast rly a let down :( i don't know if it was you being too busy irl, lack of motivation, bad environment for u or whatever, but to be a r8 pick and only have 20 messages throughout an entire season is unacceptable. if you knew you were gonna have activity problems, you could say something? let some teammates prep for you and just show up and play your games well? or at least try to help a bit after getting subbed out to make up for the bad performances like the other ppl who got subbed out did (fortunately elodin was a saving grace). i don't think this is anything more than a bad tour for u, and im inclined to assume you just had some stuff going on irl, but next time plz don't signup if you arent going to be a committed teammate, or at least SAY something before its too late and everyone suffers because of you

imsosorrylol
I was gonna forget about how much of an asshat you are, and send you an encouraging message like "don't give up after a bad performance :( just fix ur attitude and come back stronger!", because you clearly don't get how to perform in a tour (ive been there too, it sucks). you also quit on your team, which is a POS move, and I actually felt super bad for bkc for being suckered in to getting you, but at least you came back which is redeemable. however, when i saw this log:
[23:10] +ez: i feel sorry for sorry tho like legit
[23:11] +ez: like olt + snake but not a single win :(
[23:11] +ez: not a good start
[23:11] +ayevon: I don't lol
[23:12] +ayevon: he was shit talking me for not getting drafted@

all that went away. shit talking one of your good friends because you got a taste of "prestige" for getting to play in a team tour? seriously?? ayevon is one of the nicest users on here, always willing to talk to/help anyone (also my video editor :3), and you shit talk him because you had that much of a power trip? you need to either grow up and come back in a year, or go away and don't come back, your attitude is FAR from welcome. congrats on being blacklisted from the only wcop team you were eligible for an entire year in advance.
anyways, thanks every1 else for making this tour enjoyable, I hope my friends who didnt do gr8 bounce back during SPL and that should be an awesome tour too :)

Also, subbing myself out for Arii Stella
Luigi ict Axel

ayevon - Today at 3:25 PM i mean I literally just said that ez and obviously wasn't really serious. like I was not really pissed lol I just did find it kind of funny
ayevon - Today at 3:25 PM like I didn't think ez was gonna send it zomog and I didnt think he was gonna write an essay about it lmao
man people really take shit too seriously now adays and act as if everyone who plays this fucking game doesnt jokingly shittalk their frens. you talk about attitude but at least im not friends with someone who tells a kid with suicidal thoughts to "do it pussy". get your facts straight before you write a fucking essay calling me out.

Last edited:
posting on behalf of elodin

won against meeps in a fun one, gg bro.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the Gliders for maintaining such a good atmosphere in our team channel. Being on this team felt different compared to other experiences because of how nice you all were. I can't stress enough how terrible I was feeling after my loss vs Kushalos, but none of you held that against me at any point in the tournament (look Ciele), even during that entire sunday when we were so close to elimination. I can only thank all of you for that.

I knew a lot of you guys before the tournament from different IRC channels and Discord servers (mostly because of League haha), but I also got the chance to meet a lot of new people who were all extremely nice. I hope I get the chance to team up with some of you guys in the future. I'd like to give a special shoutout to Tricking for the effort he put into constantly building for me in NU and helping me prepare. I'm 100% sure I wouldn't have ended with a positive record without you and that had a huge impact in us getting into playoffs, so I'm extremely thankful for that.

GGs Pitvipers and gl in finals. =)

hey.. but Xatu is a superior magic bouncer, had fun in my last game gg Snou n_n

to be honest, my experience with some people from the community was terrible but despite people trashing on me for god knows what reasons and my shitty record, I still had fun.
I'd like to apologize to my managers Ciele and Funkasaurus and my team in general because I wasn't in my best moment to play in an important tournament and I let you guys down, too many dc's and wanted to play all my games at once... @gliders it was a great season and you guys are amazing (except for the fact that funk wanted to nuke the lolis and some of you supported him -_-) thanks for keeping our team chat active and funny, best of lucks in future tours
Untamable Perla (Pearl) for rating my discord avatar almost everyday.
Funkasaurus dango dango dango dango, dango daikazoku.
Selena Gom0z (z0mOG) for being a great teammate probably my favourite one even if you troll and joke a lot when someone gets to know you, you prove that you're a really good person and player ^-^
Psychic Mewtwo sorry again i was too harsh sometimes and you didn't even deserve it i wasn't helping in the way you needed it but i'm glad you were traded, i admire your positive attitude and i know you always do your best, was a pleasure to have you as teammate.

Gl in finals Pitivipers! :heart:

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
tfw your Jolly CB Druddigon loses the speed tie to your enemy's Jolly CB Druddigon ;_;. gg friendo.

Anyway, would just like to say thanks to my team for the awesome season. I know a lot of you probably had doubts about me given my general inactivity for the last few years, but I hope I was able to show that I can still play this game despite bein pretty washed up and rusty. While I couldn't really imagine myself taking this game seriously again before this tour, playing in an official team tour like this really makes playing Pokemon a much better experience imo, and our phase 3 run will probably be one of my most memorable tournament moments on this site. I'm a bit sad that our run had to end in this way, but given that no one really expected anything from us for the entire season, I think we can all be pretty proud of how we did in the end. GGs friends, and if I ever get drafted for another team tour (please never pick me round 7 again tho LOL), hopefully I can team up with some of you again cuz you're all fantastic teammates.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
won in a gg

lets go bushmasters!!!!
So you have the balls to say gg after what happened, it is hilarious.
A well timed crit and the return bug when you should have lost this game
Enjoy your win, you totally deserve it.

I dont understand why this game could have not been rematched when this was obviously a bug and we both had submitted our teams. I sent a message in TD channel and waited for 3 mins and nobody was active at that time. What am I supposed to do? Timeout and risk the timeout loss? This is a very important game that could decide the finalist of a tournament that gives a trophy.

Also, @ those wondering about the bug: I built the team in main server and I hadnt opened it in smogtours until today to submit my team. I had triple checked happiness in main server and it wasnt at 0. For some reason some of my mons happiness was changed to 0 apparently when I opened it in smogtours

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
so its our teams fault that smogtours is a really bad server atm with teams getting things such as happiness changed? wish rodri and i knew about this during phase 3 when the exact same thing happened to us xD

thriving for a competitive scene my ass, learn to get a proper server without glitches instead of allowing idiots to use smogtours as some sort of laboratory to test their new stuff

e: guess what? i appealed when it happened to me too. guess what? tds and hosts didnt fucking care.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
It's not just a poor reflection on our tournaments when this happens, but of the whole website. Hard to believe this still happens.

There should be a list of bugs published in the Showdown forum with a copy of the thread in the tournaments forum so players can have some base level of expectations as to where to play tournament games for each gen/tier (if these bugs cannot just simply be fixed as soon as they are discovered -- ideally).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)