Finals Smogon Snake Draft I - Finals [Won by the Pacifidlog Pitvipers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
and in the end, the trophy you take, is equal to the performance you make

On... Sportsmanship

Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this Snake Draft, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, on Discord, any of the semiofficial tier channels, or in opposing Snake team channels (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own team channel unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On... Scheduling Matches

I'm sure plenty of you have come across coin flipping / who to activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end and default you to a coin flip, regardless of what you claim is your irc, discord or forum activity. By signing up for this tournament, you are agreeing to this condition, that adhering to what I outline will protect you from coinflips / activity and that not adhering to it will subject you to coinflips / activity regardless of your proposed justification.
YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that round's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the round's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure and that more often than not, the TDs will likely force one (or both) sides to sub out.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's vm wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response vm). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to be wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential coin flip. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to sub both of you out, coin flip you, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your vm wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take irc or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the vm messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. Note to team captains, if one of your players does not contact all his opponents before 48 hours before the end of the round, I will FORCE a sub, no questions asked. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue coin flip or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Round 1 thread is posted June 7, 2015 at 10:00PM. Its deadline is June 14, 2015 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his vm wall on June 9, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On... Disconnecting and timing out drama

Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour a move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. TeamSubmissions is an account made for the purpose of submitting teams to it. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% pokemon and your opponent is at last pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

~ Aldaron

Use https://cryptobin.co/ to secure your team with a password.

#1 Pacifidlog Pitvipers (5) vs. #2 Berry Forest Bushmasters (4)
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs. ABR
SM OU: Axel vs. Cdumas
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs. Ban Manaphy
SM OU: Femen vs. Kory2600
SM Doubles: Level 51 vs. marilli
SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs. The Trap God
SM UU: teal6 vs. bugzinator
SM RU: Ajna vs. Omfuga
SM NU: meeps vs. snaga
SM LC: Shrug vs. Sken

Deadline is Sunday, November 12th, at 11:59 PM EDT.

If I made a mistake with any matchups or names, please contact Isa or me.

9/10 matches completed.​

Last edited:

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
I made a mistake in the OP, the pitviper's SM OU 2 slot was supposed to be Axel, not -Snow, my b

it's fixed now

Unfortunate for the Serpents, was rooting for you guys. Just a few things your way and you could've pulled through.

Think this should be a close and fun series, I know some matchups like Axel vs Cdu will be alright (and by that, I mean :fire:). Expecting it to be a close one favoring the Pitvipers, but maybe the Bushmasters' SM OU core can pull through for them.

#1 Pacifidlog Pitvipers vs. #2 Berry Forest Bushmasters

These are kind of misleading because the number makes it seem a lot less close than it is, which it very much will be

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs. ABR-this game is highlight of the final both are considered best team builders in sm ou btb is kinda underdog so rooting him
SM OU: Axel vs. Cdumas-axel is having very bad tour while cdumas is having fantastic tour but wont be surprised if axel manages to win
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs. Ban Manaphy-just more consistent in sm ou and better builder
SM OU: Femen vs. Kory2600-femen plays safely while kory makes risky plays so think kory would come top
SM Doubles: Level 51 vs. marilli-gurl?:pirate:
SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs. The Trap God-best uber player rn number dont lie
SM UU: teal6 vs. bugzinator-teal is just solid overall can see him winning with average mu
SM RU: Ajna vs. Omfuga-any tier fuga touches he automatically becomes top3 in it and with good team cant see him losing
SM NU: meeps vs. Snaga-meeps is better player I guzz
SM LC: Shrug vs. Sken-he knows what hes doing cant see him lose

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
THE POEKS Vs. THE ABRS

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs. ABR - Both have made impressive results, but ABR's had more scenario time and thus he's the objectively favourite pick here
SM OU: Axel vs. Cdumas - Definitely the highlight of the round, although Axel's been underperforming, it's clear that he has more potential tan that and he'll be able to put in a show. However Cdumas has shown he's godly, and so he'd be my favourite here.
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs. Ban Manaphy - ES has redeemed himself, and he's been playing solidly, and I'll also give him the experience points over Ban Mana, definitely a good match.
SM OU: Femen vs. Kory2600 - Femen has done pretty well, while Kory hasn't put in many good results, doesn't mean he's not capable, interesting battle to say the least.
SM Doubles: Level 51 vs. marilli - Wish I was an expert of engaging in the utilization of two pocket monsters on the battlefield at once. But level 51 is almost like level 56 the god and thus I'm picking him (nice logic bop)
SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs. The Trap God - Cannot predict against her when she's not lost a single battle yet, but it'd be interesting if ttg was the chosen one to stop her run.
SM UU: teal6 vs. bugzinator - My lad teal is so fucking good at his game. Both have done pretty well building and playing-wise, teal in the other hand has been doing well in other tournaments such as grand slam, so performing-wise I'd give him the edge here. I'm interested in watching this one.
SM RU: Ajna vs. Omfuga - Does omfugoat ever lose. Although I haven't seen anything from Omfuga in RU, skill-wise I feel he's better than his opponent, but this is also Ajna's territory, where he's been pretty dominant as well, so who knows. Either way picking omfuga due to the reasons stated before
SM NU: meeps vs. snaga - meeps has been pretty dominant in this tour, so I'm clearly picking him as the favourite here.
SM LC: Shrug vs. Sken - Both are good and acknowledged but objectively speaking, Shrug has been doing better than Sken has in this tour. An interesting one although I'm not a fan of baby mons.

Vamos Jesús hijo puta, consíguete ese trofeo o te quedas sin waifus

Last edited:
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs. ABR going against him is nuts
SM OU: Axel vs. Cdumas best smer around atm
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs. Ban Manaphy consistently solid against an erratic opp
SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs. The Trap God no Fucking goth please
SM NU: meeps vs. snaga dont know anything about nu but i like watching this guy play it
and in the end, the trophy you take, is equal to the performance you make
nice

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
once more into the fray, boys

i just want to say before the games kick off how excellent it has been being a pitviper with all y'all on the team. i couldnt have asked for a better start to my teamtour career, hope to see you guys on many more in the future

sken, buddy, good luck. little weird we started playing little cup w each other like 2.5 years ago as random voices whom WaterlessMelon couldnt tell apart, lol, and now we're out here vying for a trophy. good times and good fortune, i suppose

shoutout lc in spl, which there's still time to do. it's not going to be a big deal if we slide lc and ubers in and forget this whole thing ever happened - i promise. would be a shame to make spl a worse tournament by excluding lc and ubers because of some silly reasoning. the ppl who can, make it better, i implore you

have fun to everyone and go pitvipers lol

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Lacus, my falcons babe .3. u got this

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs. ABR - BTB is so innocent and cute, but from the few games I have seen of him he seems to make some mistakes. Going with the guy who will win on team preview.
SM OU: Axel vs. Cdumas - Cdudu has a solid record and pilots ABR teams very well, but he always seems to make some mistakes in the mid-late games... maybe Axel will take advantage of this and win ? who knows.
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs. Ban Manaphy - Has not sacked his win condition in the first five turns yet, and has a hot streak, but ban manaphy looks stronger to me.
SM OU: Femen vs. French with ABR teams - :cwl:
SM Doubles: Level 51 vs. marilli - >//<
SM UU: teal6 vs. bugzinator - I believe a Teal that doesn't use his own teams is pretty good, while bugzinator's team styles have been looking a bit similar and he cannot pilot stall to save his life.
SM RU: Ajna vs. Omfuga - Seasoned RU player against Omfuga in a tier where Porygon2 and Machamp is available, should be interesting.
SM NU: meeps vs. snaga - meeps has the track record over snaga this snake, but he lost to me spl5 while snaga beat me in this tournament, so i guess they could both win!!
SM LC: Shrug vs. Sken - Sken just doesn't impress me, wouldn't mind to see him prove me wrong tho!

snake was awful for a fall team tour, love u team and thanks flcl for once against being there for me when i needed your help in playoffs

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
also gonna do some predicts now that we are out. Dont get insulted by anything i say its just my opinion

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs. ABR - the clear and obvious choice here is abr but btb has been playing solid lately and i know how motivated and amped he is for this game, if he steps up his play for the finals just a bit this can go either way while.
SM OU: Axel vs. Cdumas. - I know how good the sheriff really is and despite having a shitty season i think he will win this. I think Cdu is a very solid player but his game vs Lcans was very shaky be it nerves or what you but i just expect axel to pull this one out.
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs. Ban Manaphy - Both these guys are wild unchained demons like something out of stranger things, I expect this game to be so crazy but i do think Ban Mana has the slight edge in playing ability and building as well so giving it to him.
SM OU: Femen vs. Kory2600 - Really unsure here this game seems to me like it will just come down to matchup, Femen has played pretty well thus far and Kory has been pretty good to although ive seen him make a few big mistakes so probably gonna lead towards femen since idt hes lost yet.
SM Doubles: Level 51 vs. marilli - dont know enough about doubles just taking a guess here
SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs. The Trap God - Lacus has all the momentum going into this game i dont expect it to stop either she has brought good teams and played very solid even tho my knowledge of ubers is limited go and expose The Trap Fraud and get that 11-0.
SM UU: teal6 vs. bugzinator - I expect Teal to take this game pretty easily honestly, Bugzi has been pretty one dimensional throughout this tournament even though he definitely knows how to operate his fairy/steel/water cores because it got him a 6-3 record i dont expect him to win because i think Teal is the better player by a good margin and he will not lose to bugzis typical teams that hes been using.
SM RU: Ajna vs. Omfuga - Dont know either persons RU style well enough to give an educated opinion on this one but i dont root against the Omfather unless hes playing me or my team.
SM NU: meeps vs. snaga - Meeps has been dominant all season despite basically giving sorry a free win, which i assume was on purpose lol, despite that i think hes also the better player in this matchup and will take the win home.
SM LC: Shrug vs. Sken - similar to RU i dont know enough to say about this game but ik my fallen bretherin starmaster will have this mu on lock for shrug.

Last edited:
#1 Pacifidlog Pitvipers (5) vs. #2 Berry Forest Bushmasters (5)

Ideally another Mazar case comes up and we get no winner at all. Wishful thinking though.

Lycans

Bebe's my bae
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
#1 Pacifidlog Pitvipers (8) vs. #2 Berry Forest Bushmasters (0)

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
#1 Pacifidlog Pitvipers (4) vs. #2 Berry Forest Bushmasters (5)
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs. ABR - hard to pick against abr here
SM OU: Axel vs. Cdumas - mans has been hella consistent, should be a fun watch
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs. Ban Manaphy - eternal spirits enthusiasm is inspiring
SM OU: Femen vs. Kory2600 - idk enough about them so just picking on record
SM Doubles: Level 51 vs. marilli - two good frens, im really looking forward to this game
SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs. The Trap God - think this is gonna be what the series comes down to, i've enjoyed watching ubers in this tour and both of these players are excellent, looking forward to a good game
SM UU: teal6 vs. bugzinator - sorry lads
SM RU: Ajna vs. Omfuga - fuga is heat and he follows me on twitter
SM NU: meeps vs. snaga - free qsns :pirate:
SM LC: Shrug vs. Sken - hope this isnt the last lc team tour game i see for a while, but it'll be a good one regardless

if my team couldnt make it this was probably my ideal finals, tons of friends on both sides so regardless of the outcome i'll be happy to see some of them come out with a trophy

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I know a lot of people have been less "hyped" for this tour than the other big team tours, but personally I have been excited throughout and really enjoyed this tour as a player and spectator. Hoping for a close final here, rooting for all of my friends still in the tour!

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST (40) vs. (60) ABR - BTB has been impressive ever since he broke out onto the scene, specifically over the last month. I think he has what it takes to compete with anyone in SM OU rn if he plays his best game, but I also think ABR is one of the toughest opponents to face and he might struggle a bit when it comes to preparing for ABR's mixture of styles given his relative lack of experience to his opponent. As for ABR, it's pretty clear that he's one of the top SM players and he has been dominant for most of the tournament, so it is pretty hard to predict against him. Just from talking to ABR about the tier and teams, I can tell that he is pretty damn locked in and he is full of ideas, so I think that unless he happens to pull out another Quagsire balance or Bronzong Tentacruel bulky-o sorta flop of a team, then he will be favored significantly here despite facing one of the more promising OUers atm.
SM OU: Axel (40) vs. (60) Cdumas - I mean the Pitvipers have to win two battles here: 1. getting Axel to actually play and 2. the game itself. Seeing as the former hasn't been working out much as of late due to a combination of them clinching relatively early and Axel being busy, you have to question where he's at right now -- is he at the top of his game, has he been building, is there any rust, etc. -- and seeing as his opponent is now 10-1, it's hard to predict Axel to win here despite him being seen as a top 5-7 OUer going into the tournament. Cdumas has been executing at an exceptional level outside of that one Toxapex switch-in blunder late-game against Lcans that he managed to survive anyway and with the team support he has had all tournament still being present, I find the odds of him taking an L in his most important game yet to be relatively slim. If Axel plays like he did throughout SPL, then it'll be a great game, but going to favor Cdumas here.
SM OU: Eternal Spirit (45) vs. (55) Ban Manaphy - I think this is going to be a close game seeing how well Eternal Spirit has handled his matches so far, but I favor Ban Manaphy because I view him as a bit more consistent overall. ES has the higher ceiling of the two, but also a much lower floor and this is depicted by how he plays some games, making interesting risks that can either make him look like a genius or a fool. Lately, he's been getting better and better, but he still has not fully shed his fireball playing persona and I feel like I always tend to favor the conservative, solid players in these type of match-ups. I think ES has actually been a bit more impressive this tournament in the brief time he has played, but Ban Mana has good team support and has the tools to play an optimal game, so favoring him in a tight one.
SM OU: Femen (49) vs. (51) Kory2600 - This is the tightest of the four SM games, in my opinion, and while it might not be as hype as either of the first two matches due to the lack of instant name recognition behind these two, it still should be one hell of a contest. Both Femen and Kory have shown a lot of potential as players this generation, with Femen having a strong run over the past few weeks and Kory having a solid year in general. I pretty much am favoring the ABRs in every SM game and honestly, they deserve it for how well they have handled their OU games this tour as a collective group. Kory himself is a solid player with a good grasp on risk-vs-reward, I feel like he positions himself well during the early/mid game more often than not and I wouldn't bank on any of these guys choking at this point, so I'm going to favor him in a close one.
SM Doubles: Level 51 (45) vs. (55) marilli - Not the most knowledgeable of Doubles, but both of these guys have had impressive first tournaments on the scene. I think that they both have had their fair share of tricks up their sleeves, too, but I ultimately feel like marilli is the more consistent of the two. Level 51 is kind of a fireball and that can easily play to his advantage, especially in a tier like Doubles, but I think marilli will come prepared and take a close one.
SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne (60) vs. (40) The Trap God - Lacus is 10-0 and seems to be on top of things in this tier. TTG hasn't done a bad job this season, either, but I think you have to favor the one who has been undefeated all tour, especially with the implementation of the ionext command on PS main.
SM UU: teal6 (49) vs. (51) bugzinator - These two are always going to be pretty close in my eyes. Back when Teal was 8-0, Bugzy handed Teal his first loss and then Teal returned the favor by beating Bugzy this season. Bugzy had a better regular season, but last week Teal beat Pearl and Bugzy lost to Lcans, so perhaps Teal has the momentum. I think that Bugzy has a bit better of a grasp on teambuilding whereas Teal knows the tier, but mostly throws things together and refines a bit without putting as much into it as Bugzy. I do think Teal has more outplaying potential than Bugzy and can claw his way back from rough situations, but at the same time I think that Bugzy will be well-prepared and isn't too shabby playing himself, so I'll give him the edge in a tight one -- really want to see this game.
SM RU: Ajna (55) vs. (45) Omfuga - Ajna has been my favorite RU player this tournament overall so far. I was surprised he was doing well at first, but most of his teams have pretty cool ideas and clearly are built well for his opponents while his play is at the level it needs to be, too. Omfuga is the better player of the two and he has done really well this tour, but I feel like I'd take the dude who has been playing the tour with success all tournament over the guy who has been all over this tournament. Call it a hunch, I guess. Sorry fuga-kun :3
SM NU: meeps (65) vs. (35) Snaga - Two PO GOATs. Meeps has a lot more experience and is the better player. Snaga has the edge in prep, but what the fuck does that even mean when Meeps just makes random shit work every game lol. Think Meeps is the clear favorite tho, yea.
SM LC: Shrug (55) vs. (45) Sken - Shrug has been really good this tournament despite it being his first. Sken's always solid, but gonna go
SM LC: Shrug (30) vs (70) Sken - fuck shrug, huge dumbass everyone hates

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
#1 Pacifidlog Pitvipers(7) vs. #2 Berry Forest Bushmasters(3)

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
pdcpredicts have returned for a limited time only

this is all a joke probably

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs. ABR - i never thought i would see a day where i would actually feel bad for a long island white boy who claims he is being scapegoated, but this tour might have done just that. abr's clout game is so strong, he managed to extend the deadline a whole 24 hours - by himself - in order to manifest his master plan of having mdragon quit td position so he could get appointed. that's the real fucking crime here. the real fucking crime is his obvious cheating and scheming by his own hand, that wasn't authorized by anybody else. nobody else. not a single person. using clout to gain an unfair advantage? fuck!
SM OU: Axel vs. Cdumas - i think the most interesting thing about this matchup is that people on the scooters will be having an aneurysm over who to gas up: an ojamagoatmanle100 disciple, or their own teammate. if starmaster wasn't tourbanned, he might just have a heart attack in the lobby.
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs. Ban Manaphy - i honestly find it very hard to predict against the guy who beat my ass in my last real tour game, especially when his opponent usually seems to think that he is playing inside a youtube stunt-or-die vacuum where he absolutely must lose a pokemon before turn 4. at any rate, ban manaphy has shown that he is a god damn good player; what really matters though is how much fighting over him pearl and tony are going to do during spl.
SM Ubers: Lacus Clyne vs. The Trap God - ttg made me want to make an anti-shoutout post aimed at him, and i'm not even in this fucking tour.
SM RU: Ajna vs. Omfuga:
Omfuga got up with a start.

ABR was leaning over him - breathing heavily - gazing down upon his newly fit, tanned, team-built body.

"ABR...what are you doing?"
"Oh-oh...I wasn't doing anything, Omfuga. I was just admiring how amazing your m-metagame fitness is..."
"Yeah, I've been doing a lot of training lately. My muscles are all so overused, honestly I'm not sure how I can relax for the final game..."
ABR once again stared at Omfuga. He had a tattoo on his body reading 8-3 in bold, black letters. The concise, bold, yet also timid lettering which curled at the tips excited him.
"You know, I already did all the heavy lifting for you." said ABR breaking out in sweat. "I've just been building so much, and, ugh, I just don't know if I keep going! The whole community is against me -" ABR, already weak from his constant team building, then fell in Omfuga's lap. This was the first time he had shown such weakness, even to such an intimate partner as him. Omfuga, startled from his fall, cradled his head.
"It's ok to rest ABR, you're safe...remember the tiebreak baby?"
"Oh do I. Man, Heysup really choked there."
Omfuga, by hearing the word "choke," suddenly became entranced. Choke? Choke on what? Choke on...
"He really choked on dicks there, Ryan. Just like somebody else I know..."

SM NU: meeps vs. snaga - apparently meeps is good now? what the fuck? snaga, i may not remember you ever winning a game in the 10 times we've teamed together, but please, stop this finchinator induced nightmare and win.
SM LC: Shrug vs. Sken - shrug talks about as esoterically as i do on a daily basis. lowercase text, big words, cute avatar based on aesthetic, and a sassy attitude that epitomizes what i want in an artsy man. finally, the holy alliance of dice, me, myzozoa, and the newcomer can be achieved through unparalleled tact and social justice attitude. also you have an old greg quote in your signature. which reminds me, Old_Gregg fuck you you racist piece of shit. point is i want you to win because you are the smogon's great new hope.

i would also like to extend a thank you to our current residence home chairman, poek. i'm really glad you told off tof / old gens guys preemptively like that, god forbid another circle jerk arises on this site.

Aliss

is a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender

FUCK THE ABRS

fr tho go teal + 9 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)