Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a question about game mechanics. How exactly does Prankster react with Mega Evolution? I Mega-Evolve my Sableye and use Will-O-Wisp on the same turn against a faster Pokemon, but Sableye's Will-O-Wisp foes first even its ability is supposedly Magic Bounce.
That's because the turn-order is decided before the turn begins. Even if Sableye technically doesn't have Prankster when Wisping, it was already decided at the beginning of the turn that it would move before the opponent due to it being a priority move, and that's exactly what happens. We can also take Mega Camerupt as example, who loses speed upon megavolving. If normal Camerupt is faster than the current opponent, but is slower as a mega, Mega Camerupt will still move first that turn since the turn order concluded that Camerupt had a faster speed stat at the beginning of the turn.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a question about game mechanics. How exactly does Prankster react with Mega Evolution? I Mega-Evolve my Sableye and use Will-O-Wisp on the same turn against a faster Pokemon, but Sableye's Will-O-Wisp foes first even its ability is supposedly Magic Bounce.
The order that the moves will be made in any specific turn is decided immediately after you select your move. In this particular case, your Sableye still has Prankster when you selected your move (Will-o-Wisp), so it will Mega Evolve and still move first, despite no longer having the ability. The same applies for Banette in reverse - Mega Banette will move with regular priority on the turn that it Mega Evolves regardless of whether it used a Status Move or not, as (regular) Banette does not have Prankster at the time that the move order is decided.

Bummer Edit: To your credit, your other example was better than mine.

E: Greninja'd

Where are the lists of how the specific usage of each Pokemon in a tier? Like where it shows the top 200? I think?

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there a way to kick a user out of a conversation, and secondly, is it possible to lock it like what mods do to threads?
You can't kick people and only the conversation creator can lock convos. Click edit conversation at the top of the page, lock, save

Sorry if this is really stupid, I've looked all over the place and can't seem to find where to add/edit your signature. I've also googled it and I couldn't find an answer.

Hello I am new and i can't seem to get my avatar to be animated when ever i upload gifs they just get stuck on the first frame.

maybe i am doing it wrong or I don't know.

also sorry if this isn't where to post this. Again i'm new.

Also i can't seem to find where a to put my signature if you could also just help with that.

I feel so embarrassed that I don't know these things

Last edited:

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Hello I am new and i can't seem to get my avatar to be animated when ever i upload gifs they just get stuck on the first frame.

maybe i am doing it wrong or I don't know.

also sorry if this isn't where to post this. Again i'm new.

Also i can't seem to find where a to put my signature if you could also just help with that.

I feel so embarrassed that I don't know these things
If your .gif is larger than 100kb, it will not upload properly. If your .png or .jpg, etc. is larger than 100kb, the quality will greatly reduce.

Click here to edit your signature.

Hello everyone , I'm new here on the forum , I do not speak English and used a translator to communicate so I apologize in advance for possible errors in spelling and grammar . I have some questions to ask , not knowing the forum I am finding in difficulty . The questions are these : I have to present myself before posting in the various sections , I can open a momentary thread where offer of individual things and there is a list of user TSV here on the forum ? ( Just in case there is any Italian who can help me beg him to contact me considering my ignorance of the English language )

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello everyone , I'm new here on the forum , I do not speak English and used a translator to communicate so I apologize in advance for possible errors in spelling and grammar . I have some questions to ask , not knowing the forum I am finding in difficulty . The questions are these : I have to present myself before posting in the various sections , I can open a momentary thread where offer of individual things and there is a list of user TSV here on the forum ? ( Just in case there is any Italian who can help me beg him to contact me considering my ignorance of the English language )
I'm sorry I don't speak Italian, but you should be able to find some help by going to this chat room.
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/italiano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)