Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

What can I have in an RMT to make it more likely to become RMT of the week?
Read the OP of this and it should tell you! Also vote for my friend OP.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/new-name-and-profile-change-requests.3568335/
Quick the question about the forums. Lets say someone request a name change, is it okay for people to post their request again if they wait a really long time? I was wondering since I noticed many people have waited a few months for a name change but still no luck.
Ya sometimes it does take quite a while, but you shouldn't double post or annoy staff about it, they'll get to it eventually!

I dont know if this is the place to ask but:

Im probably being stupid but, when uploading a GIF avatar, it says no more than 100kb, but the file im trying to upload is only 57kb, is this something on my end or the site, or can i bypass using gavitar ?

Conni

katharsis
I dont know if this is the place to ask but:

Im probably being stupid but, when uploading a GIF avatar, it says no more than 100kb, but the file im trying to upload is only 57kb, is this something on my end or the site, or can i bypass using gavitar ?
With a gif, there is another hidden requirement other than being lower than 100K, the requirement is that the gif has to be smaller than 200x200. I have tried this before and it has worked before but quality might not be as good. Although if you have a badge or have badge privileges then you can bypass all of this as you are allowed to use big files for your profile picture. Hope I answered your question!

Why is it that when you "Preview" a post or thread, it doesn't expand to around the size that it would be in a post? i.e. this post currently looks like this, but in a thread it won't take up a full line.

Why is it that when you "Preview" a post or thread, it doesn't expand to around the size that it would be in a post? i.e. this post currently looks like this, but in a thread it won't take up a full line.
yea, i noticed that too when i was writing my RMT. it makes the text box smaller, so that it seems like it makes up 1-2 lines of text but in reality it's 3-4.
idk why they made it like that... i would ask a super mod or someone who knows a lot about the website

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
What is the reasoning behind displaying shiny Pokemon during team preview? Some event Pokemon, most notably Happy Hour Jirachi, provide immediate information at team preview based on whether or not it's shiny, which can definitely change the way a battle is played. For example, if an opponent sees a non-shiny Jirachi at team preview, they immediately know that it will not have Z-Happy Hour and thus will not be pressured to keep a check to that set healthy. From what I know (I've never actually played a wifi battle with the cartridges), this information is not given during team preview in-game, so is this a feature unique to simulator play?

edit: I guess this could go in the PS Q&A thread as well, but this might have been a competitive decision made by Smogon.
Not sure if this was answered, but Team Preview is a in-game mechanic, not a decision on the end of Smogon. In-Game, Team Preview shows the 6 Pokemon, whether or not they are holding an item, and whether they are shiny or not. We follow this mechanic.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but where can I find a full list of abilities that have been modified in each generation?

It'd be nice to be able to remove users from conversations on Smogon. Sometimes wrong users get added to staff convos or resign and itd be easier to have the option to remove them rather than having to make a new conversation when too many former staff pile up in one. I know the option for the user who resigns to leave the convo but itd also be nice to have the option to remove them.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
It'd be nice to be able to remove users from conversations on Smogon. Sometimes wrong users get added to staff convos or resign and itd be easier to have the option to remove them rather than having to make a new conversation when too many former staff pile up in one. I know the option for the user who resigns to leave the convo but itd also be nice to have the option to remove them.
Unfortunately, this concerns a portion of Xenforo we are in no position to modify. Fortunately the upcoming version of Xenforo has several new tools for conversations, this among them, so if we update in the future you will finally be able to kick troublemakers out of your convos.

So when viewing a member profile, there an option that say PS Rank. It always says available soon, but its been like that for a while. Does anyone have an idea on when it will be implemented?

Can somebody find me an old article I once read on smogon? All I remember is that it was about misconceptions about playing Pokémon competitively and that it referred to Regice as a hunk of ice you'd scrape off of your car's windshield.

Could someone please tell me where/how I can access signature edit/deletion option?

I made this account quite a long time back and put a signature to try it out. Can't seem to change/remove it at all anymore.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Could someone please tell me where/how I can access signature edit/deletion option?

I made this account quite a long time back and put a signature to try it out. Can't seem to change/remove it at all anymore.
Hover your mouse over the tab around the top of the page on the right with your name on it (it should be next to the inbox and alert tab), second highest option to the left should be called Signature. There should be a textbox there, which you can edit to say whatever you want (as long as it doesn't break any rules, of course). Just remember to click the "Save changes" button when you're done.

edit: picture for reference http://i.imgur.com/nduSfjL.png

Hover your mouse over the tab around the top of the page on the right with your name on it (it should be next to the inbox and alert tab), second highest option to the left should be called Signature. There should be a textbox there, which you can edit to say whatever you want (as long as it doesn't break any rules, of course). Just remember to click the "Save changes" button when you're done.
I was looking for that option before but it wasn't there. It suddenly appeared after your reply. Strange.
Nonetheless, thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

The Loog Noog

Banned deucer.
I was typing up a post for the SM OU Viability Rankings thread and accidentally hit refresh on the page to find that my post was completely gone! Could someone tell me what happened?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)