Smogon Premier League VII - Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
the match result wasn't decided and it's different from your match with laga because the timer didn't show 10 seconds before timing hjad out. this is an important week, there was lag on the server, and we sent in our team before the match, i wouldn't be so quick to post an offensive gg. it's all in the zebra's hands.

It should clearly be a win for the Raiders in this IMO, they had under 20 seconds on the time before that turn, they must have known they were low on time and also made no attempt to ask for the timer to be frozen due to "bad internet". While it does suck, there is a timer for a reason in these games and if you don't at least attempt to ask for the timer to be taken down, I don't think you have much grounds to go against the timers decision.

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
If Totem hits his attacks and/or makes any one correct read he wins the game. Sure, maybe worth playing out to give your team a chance, but that chance isn't a very good one at all.

Also... I guess I never understood this, why does timer make you instantly lose the game rather than randomly select a move for you? On the actual game cart that's how it works so I'm not sure why it isn't relayed here as well given that it's simulating the game. Would significantly decrease drama on top of that.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
If Totem hits his attacks and/or makes any one correct read he wins the game. Sure, maybe worth playing out to give your team a chance, but that chance isn't a very good one at all.

Also... I guess I never understood this, why does timer make you instantly lose the game rather than randomly select a move for you? On the actual game cart that's how it works so I'm not sure why it isn't relayed here as well given that it's simulating the game. Would significantly decrease drama on top of that.
we break cart mechanics in exactly 2 areas, timer rules and sleep clause.

also freeze clause in rby for some reason i guess.

personally i think sleep should be straight up banned but w/e.

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
we break cart mechanics in exactly 2 areas, timer rules and sleep clause.
sleep clause makes complete sense, but the timer one really doesn't click for me. Maybe I'm missing something here / there's an important reason? But based on what I know it seems silly and unnecessarily brutal on the person who times out.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
sleep clause makes complete sense, but the timer one really doesn't click for me. Maybe I'm missing something here / there's an important reason? But based on what I know it seems silly and unnecessarily brutal on the person who times out.
we're already breaking timer rules to allow turns to last more than 99 seconds, and allow games to not automatically end after 60 minutes (both of which would be silly in singles matches). among other issues that i can't think of off the top of my head, selecting a random move at the end of each turn would make timer stalling ladder games really really silly.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
where were the 40, 30, 20, 10 second timers before HJAD timed out?
i literally have no idea what happened and cannot make a decision right now but i want to say that several weeks ago isa and i tested to see how "but timer didn't display my numbers!" worked or what happened. to my knowledge (correct me if i'm wrong, but i only have a couple of minutes to post this) if both players don't choose a move for that duration, it won't display timer msgs for either TO THE PUBLIC but will count it normally & display normally for both players.

edit in caps above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)