Finals Smogon Premier League VI - Finals [Won by the Congregation of the Classiest]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Since everyone's doing it I guess I'll do it for my team that is very dear to my heart.

makiri: fuck you for not buying me

Stellar: fucking bitch

Conflict: you are my idol because you have been on the sharks ever since they were created

That's all I have to say really. Sorry for not wanting to do this halfway Ciele, but I guess it didn't really matter. I'm just an old man now like Baika (disgusting)

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
congrats gentlemen. shoutout to my boys ben gay, badass, koko, and chimpact. Motherfuckin champions!!

Rooners shoutouts : ciele n_n, pdc, BAIKA, dekzeh, august, soulwind, theres like a 100% guarantee one of you will walk away with the trophy by the end of next season. Keep ya heads up boys. I was rooting for ya'll, and hopefully I have the honor of being a rooner myself next year.

Big ups my boy BLINGAS, and as shofu best put it FUCK CTC. thats the bitch I don't like. I raised you from a little seed nigga, you were a 1300 ladder player begging to get into our "clan" which had a ladder requirement because the guy who ran it actually wanted "good" players in it for some reason. Anyway I taught you a shitload about teambuilding, playing etc and introduced you to a lot of the people you talk to today. That was a while ago bro, shit probably 2012. Anyway you were cool as fuck back then and were for a few years, but after a bunch of kids started riding your dick you got a massive ego, and that shit really isn't cool because a) this is a fucking childrens video game how the fuck can you have an such a massive ego (yes ik 90% of smogon users, including myself to a degree have an ego rofl, but at least ours aren't out of control), b) you're not that good to warrant as much attention as you receive. As of 2015, you think you're a fuckin god looking down when we're all just fucking people sitting behind a computer playing pokemon. You've always had a big ego, but it used to be funny and in line with how good you are, cuz we've built some ace teams in our day man, but its gotten bigger than you think your dick is. You're nothing but an annoyance in any skype call / chat / battle chat. We've honestly had to leave calls and get another group together just because of you dude. Not discounting you're a good player dude, because of course ya boy Gary taught you well, just like I did with cbb's good friend pwnemon, but you gotta chill the fuck out with the trash talk and shit bro. Theres a line that you've crossed by a long shot, and not one where you're being offensive or anything, cuz lord knows I don't give a fucking shit about offending people, but the line of being funny and being annoying. I honestly would write more because you're one of the most annoying users on the site at the moment, but its 3:55 california time and I've eaten nothing but a medicated chocolate bar, so I'm going to go out and get some donuts. Its really a shame that both you and shake it up ended up with a trophy, because the fucking gloating is going to be endless and the most intolerable bullshit imaginable. Good thing I'm never going to be in a place where I'll have to deal with that shit.

Special shoutout to the skype call, y'all know who im talkin about, love you guys. You all honestly make pokemon fun again and are the sole reason that I still play this game!

Last edited:

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Shoutouts time!

First of all I'd like to shoutout everyone on the team. I may not have been the best teammate since I was afk most of the time, but I hope I was able to make up for that scorewise. I don't necessarily think I performed all that well and I didn't actually expect to be picked in the first place. given that I have been away from tournaments for so long. But you guys had faith and all I can say is thank you:

MrE KratosMana Bad Ass Braverius FLCL chimpact ben gay ELODIN Hikari Lowgock Triangles The_Chaser 199 Lives Key and Asuya

and koko/Shake

Now for the individual shoutouts:

dice
The reason I survived this SPL tbh. I started playing SPL with very little knowledge of the metagame and only trusted my instincts and dice's teams. I hope I didn't burden you too much with the requests. Thanks for everything.

-Tsunami-
Pep talks everywhere. Very, very much appreciated since my motivation was dying. Not for metagame reasons though, because I actually sort of enjoyed it. Also for getting me into contact with Blim.

Blim
It may not seem like it, but you were definitely a big help. You gave me a lot of ideas to consider and even though I ended up not using a lot of them (mostly due to comfort reasons), I did get to toy with them in my head for quite a bit, and it was quite fun doing that. They gave me something to think about when I had teambuilding blocks, and part of why I can't actually hate the metagame.

Fireburn
Another guy that helped me out and a great friend throughout. Fireburn supported me even through my complaints and helped keep my head strong enough to continue playing.

PROBLEMS
We may have significantly different opinions on the metagame, but you helped me out before SPL and also at near the end of SPL. Thanks =)

ium
Thanks for the moral support and hopefully my game vs Fireburn was enough of a shoutout to that.\

Edgar
Gave me ideas on week 2 and for being a nice person in general. Shame about your luck man - you were entertaining to watch and I can't help but feel sorry about some of the things you went through. Your 2-7 record was not a reflection of your skill.

Sweep
You really had some pretty wacky ideas that I would've loved to test out. You also helped my team in at least one occasion. You really deserved a better score and I wonder if I should've given my victory to you on that week. You and dice were an enjoyable combo to spec.

extra shoutouts to folg and yohoE for demanding me to make shoutouts for them.

My experience overall:

I joined only on popular request, and since I've been away for so long I thought I'd give it one more shot on the big scene. Throughout the tournament I only played for the sake of the team. My own interest was dipping due to a few reasons - first of all I didn't handle the tournament pressure very well since I've been away for so long, and I didn't want to disappoint the team that was bold enough to pick me up despite not having any recent qualifications. The second, and major one, was listening to the rather aggressive tiering conversations in Ubers which flustered me and I ended up focusing on that instead of teambuilding. Fireburn can probably attest how much it was bothering me throughout SPL and I wanted to quit a few times because of that. Also I just wanted to play Battle Spot since that's an up and coming project :O.

To say that playing in this SPL was fun is a lie. However, I really enjoyed our team chemistry from the skype logs I got. I didn't partake in much but everyone was so supportive and encouraging. I'm sorry if I excluded myself from that too much because that was IMO the shining point of the entire tournament for me. Thanks once again for creating such a positive atmosphere (and for carrying me!)

Also I'll prob miss some ppl so speak up.

Last edited:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Wow Gary that's the most tryhard shit any friend has posted about me to get senpai's attention, I truly am flattered ;'}

Guess ur shoutout post finally saved me from obscurity nigga haha,,,

When shit hits the fan is u buildin fam?
- Kendrick

Well my niggas, it was a long journey, but I'm glad that we ended it on top. My SPL journey over the years has definitely been an interesting one. I went from being a 14k bench player to an almost-undrafted 10-0 god. Then last season, I became a champion, and now I'm finally a champion as a manager. I've always wanted to manage ever since SPL 4, and I couldn't let that opportunity pass me by this year. Being on the Sharks would have been fun, and I definitely missed some aspects of that team; you guys were great. But in the end, I'm glad I was able to manage a team and that we were able to take home the trophy. I was kind of surprised that koko offered me a position as assistant manager, but I'm definitely happy that he did, haha. Not only was I going to be able to manage, but I was going to be able to manage a team with really good retains in Soulgazer, Oli, and Afro Smash (also would have gotten money by trading Golden Sun).

However, Alan's a sack of shit and decided he didn't want to play, even though this piece of shit ended up signing up for midseason anyway. And of course, this prompted SG to not want to play even more, so I was kind of forced to trade him to the Tigers. And finally, my nigga Oli was high as fuck, and didn't realize he could accept Classiest retention and chose to be traded to the Falcons instead. Classic Bluff God. I remember in the beginning, all the niggas on Skype were criticizing us for not having any retentions, and my nigga New Breed was out here scared as fuck I would drop 25k on him. We ended up trading 1k to retain Hikari after we found out the Scooters were probably gonna try to buy him in the auction because of Cased, and also retained MrE so we wouldn't be forced to spend some insane amount on a GSC player.

We had what we thought was a solid auction plan, except we ended up literally buying no one on the plan except for CTC and Zach. I bought FLCL on an upbid and somehow got him for 15k, which didn't make any sense to me when he was more expensive in past SPLs. Then my nigga koko bought a shit ton of other niggas in a row, which somehow worked out. There was also some drama with Raish, who we had to trade away to the Wolfpack...which worked out greatly in our favor at the end of the day. I know as a manager, koko was inactive as fuck LOL and I didn't really do as much as I did on the Sharks the past two years. But hey, we won, so it all works out haha. I trusted you niggas to win and you guys delivered, even in the face of an insane amount of negativity coupled with an extreme loathing of our team. We had almost no support, while it seemed like the Bigs and Ruiners literally had the whole Smogon community giving them blowjobs. You niggas still came through though, and that's pretty impressive. Time for the individual shoutouts.

Before we get to the real shoutouts, let's do some "Anti-shoutouts," a phrase innovated by Texas Cloverleaf.
the fuck. who does these im not a (BAN ME PLEASE) LOL

Alright, now on to the helpers. As I said before, we barely had any helpers, but the niggas who chose to help us were definitely positive presences in our channel. Shoutouts to Omfuga for rootin for our victory the whole season, haha you're a god. Same with my nigga DittoCrow, who showed up occasionally :] Thanks to my nigga Cased for helpin Hikari, Quintin for helpin Jibaku, and to SG for helpin fooly. Thanks to isa, lutra, and metalgross for helpin anti too. Thanks to bkc for helpin triangles i suppose xd I prob forgot some ppl, but ye. Shoutouts to Nails for helping badass as well :] Thanks to MoP too for helpin us build that lord dpp squad that crushed august :]

Now to the niggas in the skype chan:
Sogeking: thanks for the bw help man LOL you're annoying as fuck sometimes with ur random ass questions but you helped at least, lol.
Wepwn: my nigga pwnemon ayyy. thanks for helpin badass with ru g it was definitely helpful and thanks for supportin us fuck donuts tho.
blunder: DRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY! even tho u constantly said we would lose in the chat, in the end u were nothin compared to anti in that regard so np, haha. thanks for testin w/ us my nigga, stay comin thru and win ost #INDIA
Blim: i'm glad you decided to help us. we were gonna trade for your retention, but you decided u didnt want to play. still tho, u were helpin us in week 1, and then left since you thought you might want to sign up at midseason. you changed your mind once again tho, and came back to help us for week 5 and beyond. it's nice to see your last team tournament end in a victory for you after years of being let down by your teammates, even if you weren't officially on the team. i'm sure jibaku would have eaten steel alive with the lord squad you built for him to use. you rly are the best ubers player of all time my nigga haha. gl in life g.

Now for the team. First my fellow manager,
kokoloko: Thanks for choosin me as assistant manager g. I didn't think i would be able to manage this year but you gave me an opportunity :] you were inactive as fuck LOL but you were still on when it mattered, and we won so who cares. your life seems busy as fuck, so definitely not your fault haha. also you drafted most of these players and also did shit like convincing hugo to give us the .5k, which we used to buy bw 4-0 god ELODIN. enjoy the victory my nigga well deserved.

now for the players.
199 lives: We picked u up at midseason so we could move badass from DPP and make our lineup better. You got p unlucky some weeks and in the semis your matchup was p much impossible to win, so stay up g im sure you'll do better next year. your insane endgame vs dracomalfoy proved how good u were in my eyes, haha. have fun w/ the long-awaited spl trophy.

Anti: oml the most negative nigga ive seen in my life jesus LOL
[3/15/2015 1:15:30 PM] Anti: its looking grim
constantly sayin shit like this and "WE'RE FUCKED" everytime we lost a game, nigga definitely didnt help with the psychological aspect of our team. My nigga is also the king of motivational speeches:
[3/23/2015 7:44:59 PM] Anti: hikari
[3/23/2015 7:45:02 PM] Anti: are u gonna let us down
[3/23/2015 7:45:10 PM] Anti: more than u already did with ur record tomorrow
HOWEVER, other than this constant pessimism, my nigga was the best teammate a nigga could ask for. You even learned the cancer known as RBY and went 4-1 in it, only losing to a nigga who didn't even know half the mechanics. You tested with pretty much everyone and helped everyone out in addition to finishing with a crisp 6-2 record. You've proven to be a lord player in every tier (except ru LOL my nigga switched from doublade into delphox against a sandslash and got ohkod oml) and you're definitely an insanely good teammate. The fact that we got you for 10.5 was ridiculous, and I would pick you up for that price every year guaranteed. Stay up g, you really are a god haha enjoy the trophy. Now let's win the 8000 other tournaments I'm with you in.

Asuya: We got you as part of the Raish trade, since I heard from preseason from niggas like Oli that you were really good. I was planning to put Anti in RBY anyway so I knew you would be more useful than a nigga like The Joker. You didn't get to play for most of the season but you were always active, and I'm glad I was able to give you a chance to shine in the finals against august. And jesus christ, your hastebin was detailed as fuck, and all your effort culminated with a clean ass victory that clinched the tourney for us. that game was amazin, haha. enjoy the trophy my italian frend :]

Bad Ass: during the first 4 weeks I'm pretty sure you lost more 50/50s than i've seen anyone lose in my life LOL but dpps competitive as fuck so np. after we switched you to lower tiers you pretty much crushed everyone, goin 5-2 includin a 10 turn win over Ginku in the semifinals that really raised everyone's morale. You're a great player g, as evidenced by the fact that you have the 3rd most spl wins all time. you crushed me last year too xd you were our most expensive player, and you lived up to your price too, especially since ik you helped triangles a lot. was fun g.

ben gay: the innovation lord, nigga even won a game with a pikachu LOL you really are a threat man, and i'm glad we decided to start you again week 9 and beyond after you got benched week 8. you really played well after that hax loss to gingy, and your teams are always crisp. you even blew the ender away in the semis with a kyurem, i didnt even kno that mon had a niche in ou like jesus. stay innovatin man, you're a god and im sure you'll win much more later on :]

Chaser: We traded for u at midseason after we had to trade Raish away, and you got us a crisp win week 5 against raish which helped us win the week. u also definitely helped anti out since he was just learning the tier, and havin a veteran who's crushed in past spls in rby definitely made him more confident (well...as confident as that nigga can b i suppose haha).

chimpact: MY NIGGA CLUTCHPACT LOL if you told me at the beginnin of world cup chimpact would get a trophy b4 joey i would have died of laughter...unless u told me he was on my spl team of course haha. you're the best sub of all time, my nigga went 4-0 in important games in BW and ORAS against aqualouis, jj, amir, and xtrashine, and wouldn't have made the playoffs without those wins. im definitely glad i picked u up for 4k, that was def a steal haha. stay chimpin'

CTC: DON CORLEONE! bartholomew the shepherd carryin us to the promised land, classic. my nigga forced me to sub in chimpact twice, but he won both times so w/e. you p much bodied everyone except for that hax loss to nails and when u loaded the wrong team vs jirachee haha and of course that bad matchup vs destiny device. np tho, u took pdcs life like it was ur job and helped my nigga elodin get to 4-0 haha. u were a great teammate when we needed u to be. u even expanded ur wisdom to ru, i dont think we're rdy for those lord squads yet tho g haha basedlord teams stay bein crisp...the don is at the top of the pokemon world once again, 13.5k steal easy haha.

Elodin: 4-0 god. i remember these niggas were thinkin of getting zorodark but i helped convince them to get u instead...its funny how much the raish trade benefitted us. since not only were we able to get asuya, but we were able to get the .5k which gave us enough to pick u up. you're a god man, going 4-0 in bw definitely helped us clinch the trophy haha. fuck the haters man, stay winnin :]

FLCL: lol i was rly happy when i somehow got u for 15k. i figured u would b like 21 at minimum considerin u were a 23k retain last year, but people are retarded apparently haha. i always felt confident that u would win, and u got the 1st win in a series for us a lot of the weeks, which is all we needed to win the week apparently. unfortunate showdown is garbage and didnt save ur nature change, since im p confident u would have crushed teddeh otherwise, but what can u do i suppose. VoD stay bein unstoppable, bop. #clannad

Hikari: one of our 2 retains. you got insanely unlucky for the 1st part of the season, then lost to pearl somehow LOL its ok tho u went 3-1 in uu, the tier ur better at anyway, and the only loss was to hax. i had full faith u would have ended sam's life in the semifinals if we needed u to, and im glad u were finally able to get 1st blood and p much guarantee us a trophy by winning the 1st game, haha. you're a great player and play like a lord under pressure, as evidenced last year in the finals...after that game i knew i wanted to retain u loool you also helped in ru which was solid too. im happy that we were finally able to move u to uu after midseason, since u even said urself u completely hated ru loool. enjoy the trophy color change my nigga

Jibaku: you crushed a lot of ppl this year man and got us some much-needed wins. after you beat hack in week 1 i knew we could rely on u throughout the year, and u constantly came thru. u beat steel in the finals w/ that sample team, and im sure that u would have crushed him in an important game w/ blims team as well. you outplayed the fuck out of a lot of players. unfortunate that u got mexican'd / brazilian'd out of the semifinals but hey, we won so dgaf loool glad we picked u up for 7k :]

Key: bet ur happy u weren't traded now huh LOL my nigga was out here complainin he was like 8th string uu at the beginnin of the year loool u were unfortunately robbed of ur spl debut victory by a lucky ass sack of shit, but u were still active and i knew u would b a fine option as a last minute sub if we ever needed 1, even tho u didnt want to play at all loool ur memes r always crisp too, and i thought it was p funny when i heard u and chimp made a shit ton of niggas hate us loool love the haters my nigga. u also gave us the idea for the chaser trade, so gj for that loool

Lowgock: you went 3-1 at the beginnin and definitely helped us out. unfortunate that we had to bench u but we won the trophy at least to make up for it xd you're a great player and u definitely showed that u werent ghosted in grand slam like all these idiots in the community seem to think, lol. 2 trophies in a couple months, wonder how many more u can win :]

Mr. E: clutchest nigga on our team, oml. Seems like every week we absolutely needed a win from u, u clutched it for us. unfortunate the hax gods decided to massacre you in the finals, but we won anyway so dont worry man. a lot of ppl were givin us grief when we decided to retain you for 13k, but you were easily beyond worth that price based on your performance this year. goin 7-4 in gsc isnt easy, and you even took the throne of most spl wins in addition to reclaiming ur trophy. i know whenever we needed a win and saw that you were left to play, i felt confident and i know the rest of the team did as well. you even clutched the semis for us :] you're definitely a great player man, fuck the haters hope they all die.

Triangles: we got u for 3k in the auction, which I thought was definitely a steal. you started off p well, but got p unlucky against dekzeh week 4...you even beat a player over 12x your value in week 3, which was insane. you prepared very hard every week, and i'm glad that you ended the season with a win, even if it was a bit lucky, haha. adv is prob the most competitive tier in this tourney, so don't fault yourself for your record. you definitely deserve the trophy my nigga.

Zach: Your record wasn't as good as last year, but i had confidence that you would win every week. you definitely prepared and tried your best to help in other tiers, and even felt sorry when u couldnt test in other tiers even though we bought u with the expectation that u wouldnt xd you really are a lord at this tier my nigga, and you innovated shit like clefairy which got like 2 wins i believe. and in the end, you crushed both laga and finally in the playoffs, which is all that matters, haha. you're a great teammate man and the fact that you're willing to learn other tiers just to help your teammates embodies this point. grats on the trophy frend was fun talking to u :]

Overall, this was a very enjoyable season. As I sad earlier, I didn't do as much as I did in past years, but we won anyway so dgaf. And with this win, I now have a 10-0 season, am 4/4 making playoffs, am 2/4 winning the tourney, have a 3-0 playoff record, and have won as both a player and a manager. Looks like I really am the SPL God. The only year the Raiders haven't been shit was when I was on the team...coincidence? haha nice joke. Anyway, I'm really proud of my team for pulling through and clutching wins; you all had confidence in yourselves for almost every game, even tho we had niggas like elodin getting nosebleeds before his semis game LOL It all worked out in the end, though, and I'm glad I picked up all of you guys. We had niggas like Meru sayin we needed 'actual' old gen players to win SPL, niggas like Zamrock thinkin we would get bodied, and 99% of the Smogon Community praying for our downfall more than Omfuga in TagPro. But in the end, we came through and bodied all these niggas, haha. Haters lose again. Classic.
Was fun my niggas, and of course, it wouldn't be a victory post without my trademark phrase.

VoD wins again. CLASSIC.

Last edited:

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since 95% of the people don't want to read another kid's shoutouts, I put mine in hide tags! how dank!
uh, these kinda got sloppy in the end, my attention span doesn't last too long, a thousand pardons

Ciele. Thanks to you and SilentVerse for taking a risk on a player who had no results or anything to his name and giving me a chance to meme it up. I appreciate the amount of effort and dedication you spent on the team, you really deserved this trophy. And I'm sorry that I personally didn't play to the best of my abilities. But having you as a manager was awesome, you were supportive, chill, and generally just a great guy. Big fan.

[clincher] PDC and 6 GOD BOUFFESTAN. Without you guys I wouldn't have gotten on the team. Again, I'm really sorry about my subpar in-game after everything you guys did to hype me up. PDC I appreciate all the tests and help with preparing, and just the general hanging out during SmogTours, it's really been a blast and you were nothing short of amazing this season as a player and again I'm sad to see you not end up w/ the grand prize. But, I think you can be proud of how you've completely done a 180 from last season and you have an insane ability to play under pressure, so you'll definitely have more chances. Bouff, nothing was the same since the Ruiners grabbed you and despite the haters you helped the team out so much week after week and you also deserved to grab this trophy (although unfortunately if you're reading this it's too late). You have the best music taste on Smogon though (speaking of which, mini shoutout to blunder), you can thank me later haha. Take care bro, would love to play in another team tourney w/ you. Hmu some time in the dot and we can watch the views from the 6.

dekzeh, Tiba, Hantsuki. It was awesome being able to be on the same team with the Brazilian old gens core. You guys took souls week after week and although I didn't really interact that much with you guys, you were all very nice and made me feel welcome on the team. Dekzeh you were always very talkative and positive in the IRC chan, and I still appreciate you giving me my first ever Smogon "lurk more" wake up call in last SPL's talk thread when I was fresh off the ladder, it really helped me improve myself as a user (imo, at least, haha). Tiba I really appreciate you letting me help test for GSC games despite me not having great knowledge of the tier. It was a pleasure being able to play against a legend like yourself and you really carried the team week after week. Moreover, you're a really nice guy! Hantsuki we never really talked but big ups for being consistent in such a volatile tier, and it sucks to see you get haxed out in the finals like that. All three of you really deserved this trophy but I can't imagine any of you being short of chances in the future.

finally, Arcticblast. First of all, Finally is THE coolest guy on the team. All-around great guy that is always positive and made every member feel right at home. You were always very talkative and it gave off the vibe that you'd been doing this for a long time, even if it was your first SPL! You were a don as well in matches, one of our pillars every week, and I am so glad that we got to be teammates this year, it's been an all-around great experience. Hope you can still help me out for seasonal ;] Arcticblast I think a lot of people sleep on how much support you've given the team, as well as helping Finally do so well week after week. You're a great guy and it was nice interacting with you this season. Gotta believe in the memes though man!

steelphoenix. JACQUELINE GARRIX. Before the season, ngl, I didn't think you'd do well, and was just one of many non-believers beaking from the sidelines - my only knowledge of you had come from IDM people talking smack. HOWEVER you sure proved everyone wrong, and you did insanely well this SPL, coming out on the top. You're a great guy and a great player, and I continue to be impressed at how you take souls with such ease at such a young age. You're gonna have tons more chances to grab trophies in the future.

idiotfrommars. It was awesome getting to meet you after having seen a lot of your commentaries on the Smogon channel. It was even better to know you were always down for some casual BW games. Overall I still can't believe how versatile of a player you are, getting put in random tiers and beating their veterans. It was awesome being teammates with you this season.

Zamrock everyone else has said it, but you're a true team player. You get a lot of shit but you helped a ton scouting and testing. Just remember, don't make excuses for yourself! You're a great player and it'll be cool seeing you go even farther in the future.

Teddeh. Like steel, you proved the haters wrong. You were always a positive chat presence and you can be extremely proud of yourself for having the best NU record in your SPL debut! SG will stay mad haha. Also, the Script n_n

SoulWind, august, reachzero I didn't interact that much with you guys but you were solid and were bright points of our team. You guys all really deserved this trophy. Good teammates and people, it was a great experience being on the same team as veterans like you guys. I hope you all stick with SPL, it's always fun seeing you play.

You stay sassy Meru.

All the other d00dz in the chat, Baika, Folgorio, it was awesome seeing true Ruiners like you guys continue to support the team n_n Also big ups to the guys like BKC and CBB who joined the chan and supported us during the finals! Sorry we let you all down :[

#1 SMOGON GRILL SUGARHIGH - Thanks for being my best bud. You've supported me through thick and thin and I appreciate that. Words don't do justice here man, it was great being teammates in our first SPL. I really can't think of a single person who doesn't like you on this site. Great friend and extremely underrated player.
xXx_the_420_dragonknight_xXx - I'm happy you had a solid SPL debut! The record obviously doesn't showcase your true talent but now people know your skill in both playing and teambuilding! Surely you will be an SPL stalwart down the road. You're a great friend and it's cool how we all came up from the bottom together. Dragon's Den man.
AMERICAN DRAGON JAKESUNG - I'm glad you could once again prove the haters wrong! You absolutely killed it this season. Thanks for chillin w/ inferior players like me n' Tanay (and also, vastly inferior players like TDK). You're a great dude, not cocky at all, and are very supportive.
LOUKIANOS VERSACE. You're like the big bro of the circle, always watching over us and always supporting us. Having a veteran like you chilling with new kids like us is crazy and your dedication to this game is equally as stunning. Thank you for having guided the circle to relative mainstream success, and I hope we (tesung n' dk, in particular) have made you proud.
BITCH IM IN THE CUT, HENRY G (the G stands for ghostermansteingoldberg) - thanks for stealing my likes u fuc boi. big fan, always nice memeing w/ you n_n maybe 1 day we'll meet up in NJ and play high lazertag and grab chipotle, you feel me
Dr. Jai Watson, Kush, Dall, and everyone else on Skype - you guys rek!
Riles n' Moony. Day 1 dawgs from PO. Time flies, eh?

The core shoutouts.

49 I'm pretty sure I've said it all. You were there from the start. From the Quantum days (man, I'm actually impressed on how long you n' Wish were able to stay on that forum, haha), POYT, etc. You gave me Sidewalks, which was the first solid BWOU team I'd ever had, and you consistently gave advice on my playing and my teams throughout the years when most people would have no reason to care. You even showed me this magical website called "smogon.com/forums". Insane. I remember telling you one day in 2013, "wouldn't it be so cool if I somehow got into IDM and met shofu and pokeaim??"

But anyway I'm glad you finally began to integrate yourself into the tournament community after years of being slept on as, in my opinion, one of the most talented yet underrated players. You turned from a chimpact meme poster to one of the breakout RU performances of the season. I'm really happy you finally got some recognition and recorded wins over some top players.

CTC. I would not have met 90% of the above people without you. What caused you to give me a chance, I will never know. What I do know though is I've met tons of awesome people from IDM or smogon because of that chance, because you were impressed by a kid who hopped off ladder, made a cringey application post, haxed you twice, and then brutalized Sogeking repeatedly. The fact that you continued to help me out behind the scenes through recommending and stuff was cool (or so I've heard). You get a lot of shit from people who don't know you (for fucking good reason good god) but I owe you a ton and I'm happy to see you walk away with a trophy.

Valentine. We haven't REALLY spoken for almost a year now, which kinda sucks. But you really helped me in the beginning, getting me integrated into Smogon, into the tournament community I didn't deserve to be a part of, into IDM. Your advice about battling and being a good user in general has largely stuck and you were nothing but supportive from the start. I failed you n' CTC by playing badly in my SPL debut, but hopefully I'll catch you more on Skype these days man. You fuckin rock bro.
In the end it was quite a ride. Ruiners you are a great team, every one of you, and I honestly would not trade this experience for the trophy (although at this point I'm kinda wishing I focused a little more on my grades LOL). I can be upset about how I played, but I can't be upset about how I got my ass carried to the finals of a tournament that had been filling my Smogon dreams for the last year. Glad the season is over regardless so I can no longer be stuckinacave like
. Maybe I proved some people wrong, maybe I didn't. But in the end,

"I guess I got my swagger back" - Mark Twain

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
also shoutouts to the 1/3 of my team or so who idle on IRC with me instead of being pure skypefags, otherwise dgaf about doing real shoutouts that's circlejerky shit nobody really reads anyway

Key Hikari -Tsunami- FLCL Jibaku

anyone else on there periodically I might have missed/forgotten can yell at me or something too (and I will edit you in but nobody who's already read this post will notice and you won't get a forum alert either)

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Wow Gary that's the most tryhard shit any friend has posted about me to get senpai's attention, I truly am flattered ;'}

Guess ur shoutout post finally saved me from obscurity nigga haha,,,

When shit hits the fan is u buildin fam?
- Kendrick

yea man attempting to reconnect with an old friend by building a team shows what???? I've been back for 3 weeks now and I have 150 teams on ps, not sayin i built them all but a solid 70+ have built by me lol. started with 0 since I deleted them all when I last quit. Ya boy also build a team or two for bloo, stathakis, ben gay etc man u name it. Classic CTC post right here, nothin but ego, not funny in the slightest etc. Hmu if you ever lose the ego and chill out but i doubt thats gonna happen dude

EDIT: LOL CTC JUST UNFOLLWED ME NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THIS IS FACEBOOK? rhetorical question to ask the like fiend btw

edit 2: LOL why the fuck would I lie about that do you really really think I give a shit who follows me. I'm not some prissy ass middle school girl (reminds me of some1) this really is some kindergarden bullshit. I'm glad I literally never have to talk to you again

Last edited:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Wow nice touch with the unfollow when Iv never followd fuccniggas in the first place. Well played Chloe Kardashian, didn't mean 2 hurt no feels.
Hope I'm still likeable after this

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Ahhhh well, the journey has ended. Time for a nice n long book shoutouts to my teammates, non-teammates, and friends in general. I pretty much did the whole shebang here this season in SPL, started from the very bottom in Farm League, managing to grind my way up to an undefeated 6-0 record, to being bought by one of the top teams in SPL, AND on top of all of that, making playoffs AND finals. Trophy or No Trophy, that’s an accomplishment in my eyes. I’ve made more friends and also more enemies, my attitude usually gets me time and time again, and yet I wouldn’t trade anything for this journey I’ve been a part of. Might not have played as much as I wanted, but seeing my team grow in potential and showing me the work they put into their games is enough to make me happy. I would like to thank the Ruiners for buying me and giving me a chance to show niggas what I do in my game and helping as many teammates as I possibly could.

Here are my Shoutouts in different sections, I’ll keep the dick sucking to a minimum,,,

Ciele: Probably one of the calmest, most intact manager I’ve seen. He will keep us focused on what needs to be done, whether is reviewing our teams, giving reminders, or advice, I don’t think I’ve seen anything negative from ciele. I thank you for buying me as I hope I put in a great amount of effort to lead the team as far as we did.

SilentVerse: I don’t really talk to you much. It was always entertaining seeing you talk with bouff on building RU teams and trading ideas to one another. I think you’re cool, wish I got to know you more.

PDC: We started off one the wrong foot long ago when I was under my little bitch spell at the time. However, it’s such a shame to see you bust your ass but not get the results you want. But even with all of that, you put in so much work and time into your teams and asking us to support you was enough of an impression. Damn dude, I’m happy that I got to play on your team and hoped I helped you enough to reach higher heights than you already were. You’re someone to look up to, you will get your trophy someday g.

sugarhigh: Old friend before all of this started. We usually mess around a lot but when shit starts getting serious, we can work as a team. I’m happy for you being able to be by my side during the good and the bad, being one of my few friends that is willing to stick up for me as I would for you. <3 you girl, ;]

Tokyo Tom: I’ve known this man for almost a year now, and I’m happy that we are still friends till this day. During my cocky times that blown me off, you were one of the people I go to to calm my dumbass down from time to time. You’re also a great teambuilder and player and some1 to rely on during pressuring moments. Even tho I bitched about not playing for playoffs, I couldn’t have thought of a better player to replace me to play and rep us. You’re awesome bro, hope we can be at this stage yet again.

steelphoenix: Lol this man stresses a lot about building his teams. But in the end, they always pull through. Sorry that I couldn’t test with you a lot for my lack of knowledge of a shitty tier like ORAS Uber, but I hope I did enough. You put in a lot for the team, and I speak for all of us for saying thank you for all of your effort, as the results definitely came along. You’ll get em next time my brother, until then keep being an amazing ubers player.

idiotfrommars: HODOR! HODOR! HODOR! Jaja enough of that. I was honored to play with a well-known veteran such as yourself during the season. I didn’t talk to you a lot but every ounce of support you gave to me and the team when you were online was enough to keep us going. You did extremely well in tiers I wasn’t familiar with and consistently helped the team including myself by providing advice and test fights. I hope to play with you again bro, you’re a cool teammate to be around.

Meru: If I had to pick the hardest worker on our team it would most likely be a tie between PDC, Pheonix and this man. The UU/RU lord puts so much time into making his teams and it inspires me on how much he cares for the team and getting us wins time and time again. I see success in the future for you. Please keep doing what you’re doing g.

Bouffalant: King of sending me good music, jaja! Sorry that I didn’t get a chance to see yourself shine more in this tour, however I know you are willing to keep yourself going in terms of providing for a team. Seeing you putting in so much fuckin time in w/ you and SV was a sight to see in regards to busting your ass for the team. Regardless of all the bullshit that has happened in the past, you’re still a good player in my eyes. Stay up g

Teddeh: Jesus fuck dude, you’re the NU god LOOOOOOOOOL. For real tho, I love seeing ur ass hustle every fuckin week building teams before weeks even started. That’s inspiring dude, if we won this week, you would have deserved this trophy far more than a lot of NUers I know. Good shit big g, you will get ur trophy someday.

finally: Based Doubles Lord. Your preparation and how you prepare makes me jealous of you lol. I’m not complaining, you’re a thrill to watch when you fight. Wished we talk more but I would be more than happy to have you as a teammate again.

Tiba, dekzeh, Hantsuki: BRAZIL PORRA!!!!!!!!!!! oo Lol all three of you were nice to have on the team. Tiba I hustled for to score some teams and practiced with so he’d be prepared for his big fights (and they worked) so shoutouts to you for still dropping bodies in GSC. Dekzeh is a great innovator and player, a player I look up to during big tours like this. Glad I was your teammate brother. Hantsuki, ngl we had moments where we disagreed with one another, but that’s what keeps us on our toes during these tours. You did your part in RBY and did well in them, way to keep it going fren. Awesome teammates! Hope to play with you guys again. ~n_n~

SoulWind & august: I don’t talk with these niggas a lot in the chat. They usually silent or speak briefly. What I like about that is that the quiet ones are the main ones you watch out for. I am honored to be on the same team as these 2 old legends as they are players to look up to from everyone. With you two being in the chat made me want to work more on my game in the older gens so I can end up like the both of you someday. Y’all didn’t do much with me as in interaction but just being in the chat was enough inspiration to make me work my ass off to hope to impress you two veterans. Hope I get to play with you guys again.

reachzero, Annoyer, Lady Bug, BAIKA, and ArticBlast – All teammates, wished I got to know you guys more and I hope you enjoyed my company as I enjoyed yours, glad you were on the squad n_n

Wanna give a big shoutout to people like BKC, McMeghan, Tamahome, 49, Evuelf, CrashinBoomBang, and Nails. Just seeing everyone in there supporting the ruiners was such an inspiration man. I thought it was cool having legends / veterans / other SPL players in the chatroom as I believed soared the motivation and confidence in all of my teammates. Thank you for keeping the team up and running during important moments such as this. I also hope more good things happens to you guys in the future. I think I speak for all the ruiners when I say thank you for volunteering to help when you didn’t have to. n_n

Finchinator: Nigga is like 15, acts like he’s 24. Holy shit dude, the maturity level, class-like attitude, plus your talent of this shitty fucking game brought you to the top of the top. I’m honored to be a part of your POWC team even if you have to put up with my shit. Seeing you grind and not bullshitting around during important times is something to witness. I bet if you stick around long enough, that trophy symbol will be under your name in no time. Happy you’re one of the few friends I can count on g. Keep your head up and going big, you will be rewarded.

TheEnder, MetalGro$$, Toxzn, Steve Angello, Leftiez, Tom Bus – I think I’ve had a blast playing with strong players & friends such as this little group right here. Whether I tested with you or just talk about general shit, all of it was worth my time to spend with each and every one of y’all. Thank you for being a part of my journey.

KratosMana: Nice trophy my nigga, I’m actually happy to see you rep ur blue n red, jaja. Good to see you on the come up g. I’ll catch up with you someday ;]

ben gay: Wow dude, that’s all I have to say. I think everyone here knows you are a big deal now. I enjoy testing vs you for SPL and also seeing you knock down a bunch of tough opponents to get to the top. You’re a player I look up to in ORAS OU. When I get nervous or scared about some bullshit, I come to you for assistance, and they always paid off, ratherless if I won or not. I think if either of us didn’t make finals, I’m sure we would have helped each other in tests or team assistance, or I least I would have. I’m happy you have a trophy bro, hope you can add more to your collection.

xtra$hine: TEACHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Known this mother-fucker 4eva bck in da xat.com dayz in clanwars were I kept bustin ur ass, jaja. Lol nah jk bro, you’re one of the main reason why I’m still playing this game today, just to see my friends keep playing one of my favorite games. Seriously hope you keep playing if I keep playing, or I’d most likely ditch this shit. You’re one of my best supporters, proud to call you my friend g.

Emvee: Fuck every hater in existence that is against you, they can shove a dido up their mouth and asscrack and like it. This is one of the players that cares more about having fun with this shitty-ass game rather than taking it too seriously which is what I can respect. The outcome isn’t something to strive for cuz you can’t control the outcome. It’s about the friends you play with and having fun playing a Japanese childrens game. It fuckin broke my heart seeing someone like you get thrashed at on the last week of SPL when you were just tryna play for fun and the outcome made it to make you look like the bad guy…. Again fuck haters, I'm happy to have you as my friend, not someone just to test vs or play mons with. You’re more than that, no homo. I hope this community doesn’t drive you away from killing your passion from playing. Keep doing you g, stick for what you believe in and not others. :] <3

Stathakis: Where do I fuckin start g. There are so many positive things that you represent. You stay calm under pressure situations, you volunteer to help others, you intervene during fights and calm the situation at hand, and on top of that you’re one of the best OU players in this generation as of now. This man is almost like a new dad in my eyes. Whenever I get pissed or upset on something, Stathakis is willing to speak to me about the dumb shit that I go through and afterwards leave in a good mood. He deserves WAY more props for what he has done. It’s a shame that I didn’t get the chance to play you in one of the biggest stages in smogon, nor got the chance to be as your teammate. Either way, thanks for being there for me g and I hope you stick around to play this game some more. Hope you get the trophy you deserve soon.

Prankster: Very old MassDestructive Clanmate and friend. Glad to see you playing in SPL bro even if you managed to get a whole lot of shit within it. I believe we both got some haters on our ass while playing in this tour, which is fine as it just makes us stronger. I hope in the future we can shut them up once and for all someday and keep striving to the top. Glad to have you as my friend brother. #MassDestruction #MDTwiiSteD

The DragonKnight: I’ve known this mother-fucker since before all of you niggas started dick-riding him for teams,,, Him and I used to be in a xat clan called “Dragon’s Den” about a year ago, where last years SPL was coming to a close. Was great man, we had clan wars, tournements, made some cool friends, shit like that. He was usually the builder (surprise surprise) while I was usually the fighter. He’s put up w/ my shit more than most of the people on this site. Just seeing us coming from the very fuckin bottom and hustling our way up to play in one of the most prestigious tournements on the site is just phenomenal to witness. We made it, g. Glad to call you my long-time friend :]

I have a long list of people I enjoy my company with. I can't write a paragraph for everyone, but if you’re on this list, it means you are special in some way to me and I’m incredibly happy that you are friends with me on this shitty-ass server and also inspire me to continue playing one of the worst fuckin games in history. Go frens! n_n

DracoNinja Reverb habajiga Gelli Void Gizmo Real Ninety Nine Bluwing fingerscrossed Cronenberg albynes Destiny Device daftmau5 WhiteQueen AM SINFUL DESIRES SnowCristal! Moonclawz Moony Jukain FNH ZoroDark Isa Escavalier Jaiho -Clone- JohnYiu RiCH HOMiE CHRiS ALLALA Trinitrotoluene DennisEG scotti TFL Rewer Calloflochie sebixxl Omfuga aim Henry Adam

Shoutouts to my past tutees as well, hope you guys would make it here on the big stage someday

If I miss anyone, let me know,,,

Also shoutouts to the mother-fuckers that were in farm league this year that did well and didn’t get picked. I know what it’s like to suffer through that fuckin garbage of a tour and I know you niggas deserve to play. Seeing overrated niggas that I know you’re better then play over you guys breaks my heart. Seriously keep ur heads up man, keep focusing on ur game and pay attention to what’s going on to the community. Use that to ur advantage and you WILL make it here someday as it is worth every ounce of work that you put into. Stay hustlin’ my brothers and sisters,,, Start from the bottom and rolls yourselfs up.

I also would like to apologize to the ruiners for my lack of sportsmanship, considering our luck was complete utter ass in most of our games. Thank you for putting up with my shit and not taking it the hard way, much respect and props. Shoutouts to IMP, RC, and BOF. Was thinking about leaving this shitty game once I clinch a trophy, but after this lose, I might stick around to get a different one,,, Hope to see y’all next time! Cheers to a great season indeed. :]

Last edited:

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
First of all, i gotta thank Tama and Hugo for kind of motivating me to join this. I really, really wanted to be a wolfpack since the beginning of the tournament, but they said there was a chance of me not being able to join to team, and i actually really wanted to not play the tournament after that, but thank god I did. In the end i didn't get into the team i wanted, no, i got into the most well-drafted team this season with a ton of cool people to talk to. Every single one of you guys were Always active on the skype chat trying to help out on some kind of way. I don't think i could've asked for a better end on my first spl, really. I tried my best on anything i could(ended with 6-2, kevin garett and soulgazer u guys are gods haha) since my team pretty much did the same all weeks. Picking RBY up and having to learn it in pretty much 1 week was hard, but i think it ended pretty well. Thanks for being awesome :D

Braverius : How could i not start the shoutout post with you. We talked with each other pretty much every week about how stuff was going and i'm glad i could help you. You're the best doubles player i've ever seen, i've never seen someone have so many good fucking reads oml. Hope our plans on the near future work buddy, stay awesome.

-Tsunami- : Man, we've been through a fuckload of tourneys now, and as much as i hate to say it: you're a great teammate. You were Always online on Sundays to sub people in whenever something unexpected happened, and helped out in what you could. At the end you were quite the assman everyone would want, really. You gotta stop being a (BAN ME PLEASE) tho holE. Congratz on drafting so well G, enjoy being one of the few who won spl 2 times in a row, haha.

kokoloko : chief koko le loco!!! You built quite the squad bro, well done. Your UU help was quite good too, and it was fun talking to you. I wish you woulda been more active but your girlfriend needs the D haha. Don't remember me as FTT tho D:

Bad Ass : It was great playing with you boss, congratz on yet another godam trophy. You're quite a legend and you helped the team out on any tier they needed, also being active af and jus being a cool guy. Hope we can play together one day!!

ben gay : frennnn bennn n___n You're honestly my favorite player to watch, OU-wise. Your creativity on this meta is truly incredible, as well as your solid plays. You also showed me how fun should always be a priority on this n_n Let's please not forget about how you won a game with a Pikachu too, lmao. Really nice guy to talk to, go on with your innovation :o

CTC : Man, sometimes I'd get really pissed with stuff you'd say, like when you started bitching about Bad Ass not having a fighting resist in the middle of his game when he linked the team asking for suggestions right before. Idk bout ur sportmanship sometimes G, but you did pick up the W's, helped A LOT in bw and you're a great fren, ur the don and will Always be G.

Mr.E :

Ahhh, the famous "did we win yet?" Lmao i can't fucking tell how many times you said that. Guess you just knew right from the begginning huh. You're the best GSC player i've seen, and you clutched so many damn important wins for us. A real funny guy to talk to who GSCs like a beast. You're indeed the best.

FLCL : Nu overlord. Would just make one team, go there and shit on these nigs. Didn't talk much with you but you dominated the tournament pretty easily. Stop using these lil girls as avatar tho, the fuck G. :D

Hikari : Don't let that shit record take on you, UU lord. We know the record would've been better if your luck wasn't that bad enough to miss on Escavaliers who gets sleep talk megahorn crits on you D: . Sorry if i sounded rude on finals LOLO, it was all part of the plan G. You stay undefeated in playoffs, have fun with the trophy, you definetly deserve it.

Triangles : You were quite a fucking steal, holy shit. 3K to beat a 30K+ player??? Hell ya, i'll take that. You were always willing to help and your advices were great, it was fun playing with you. Hope that was a great end to end your Pokémon campaign my friend, good luck on the real world.

Asuya : DPP OVERLORD ASUYA. Fuck man, you were one of the MVPs of the team if not the fucking MVP. You were Always there to help on almost every tier, always cheering up the team and doing your best. I wish we put you on the started lineup sooner so your record could end up better, but who gives a fuck right? U won when we needed you to do it the most, so enjoy it. God knows wtf was going through Hugo's head when he let us trade you, haha.

Jibaku : I wish i could have talked with you more, but i can't stand IRC unless it's needed man, sigh. You still came thru with a lot of wins through the Dice + Blim combo, so it's fine. Another underated great buy, honestly.

papai noel : Elodin-san, here we are with the blue + red combination :D . You came outta nowhere on playoffs to end this with a 4-0 record, proud of you my friend. You also helped me a ton with testing as well as helping the other teammates. Amazing midseason buy. n__n

The_Chaser : Thx for giving my the rby slot bitch, enjoy being carried. Jkjkjkjkjk, your help was amazing man, thanks for telling me about your old stories on this community, it was really fun. Enjoy the trophy old man.

199 Lives : Well, what can i say. I think i speak for everyone when i tell you i expected you to do better. I also wish you'd been more active in the chat and stuff. However, your game vs tama was quite impressive, and your dpp skillz are still great. Have fun with the trophy man.

chimpact : The fucking chimpster. Alongside Mr.E, you clutched a ton of important games for us, and ended with quite a strong 5-1 record. You also helped us with anything you could. Not bad G, gl with the youtubez.

Key : You were really fun to talk to and a helpful active guy. Have fun with the trophy man ahhhh

Lowgock : Hope your life problems get better man, don't fucking die LOLO, hope you get back to school soon and shit. Your record was great until that point(got all-stars too!!), so don't feel like you got carried like u might think. Good set of trophies my german bro.
-----

Blim : Thanks for being on the chat with us since the start of the tournament. Your help(coupled with Dice's) might have been the key to Jibaku's campaign this season. We've been friends for quite a while now and i still think you're the best Uberer to touch this community!! Gl in real life man, come back to help me on grand slam tho :[ :]

Raish : Good luck with the problems you got on rl bro. We're all sorry if we offended you or anything, you tried your best on the tournament so don't worry about it.

blunder : Thanks for chililng in the skype group since like week 8. Your testing and just talking in general really made the chat more fun and active. Get that OST trophy ma G, you can do it.

Hellraiser: yan oo Your BW help was impressive, you prepared Elodin really well for his matchas, and your testing on the other Gens were key as well. One day you'll get unbanned, don't worry about it, superstar soge!!

Nails and FAJI : The RU help was amazing guys. It was nice talking with you in the skype chat as well, thanks so much for the help.

Soulgazer : I still have no idea why we didn't let you in the skype group sigh. In any case, thanks for all the help and support bro.

Isa: Man, you pretty much teached me the RBY tier, lol. I came to you asking for help when i didn't know 1/5 of the mechanics, and you just teached me everything. Seriously, you'll always be the best RBYer out there, imo. Thanks so much for the help fren.

Lutra : Bro, your teams are amazing. Thanks for all the testing and ideas, you're a really nice guy to talk to. That normalspam team came through, so thank you for that too n_n.

MetalGro$$ : Thanks for all the games bro, i was hyped to play you on semis but i guess that's for next time.

Omfuga : Thx for support G.

Django : You'll always have the trophy in my heart. Whenever i see you post again, that 16x16 red trophy is gonna be there for me, and that's all it matters. :D

Zebraiken : Amazing tour host man. Kinda wish I didn't fuck myself up halfway through the tournament, but your decisions on it were right and it kinda is my fault(even though i have 0 regrets). Your hosting was beautiful, thx for making this a great tournament this season.

Fun season guys.

Last edited:

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

shoutouts to shake and koko for buying me, to ctc and sogeking for helping me, to everyone on my team for carrying me to another trophy, and to my brazilian friends on ruiners / bigs who deserve every trophy on this forum. i gotta say this season was way more entertaining than i expected at first (especially because i was only bought at mid-season) and i'm glad i had the chance to meet some very awesome people.

i honestly wish my playoffs' games had been better. it really does suck that my matches came down to a focus blast miss and a reuniclus cm war, but this is part of the game and the tier i played i guess. i still appreciate the fact that both soulwind and jirachee were pretty cool about it, so shoutouts and sorry to both of you.

stay classy

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm not particularly good with words but there are some things I'd like to say about this season.

First of all, big thanks to Zeb for being the best SPL host of any that I played.

Thanks a lot to Ciele for buying me and trusting me from the start, even paying a price I wasn't sure I was worth at first. You were back then already one of the people I admire the most of those I met on this website, both as a battler and as a person, and I'm very happy to have played for you. I'm sorry if I misled you into thinking I'd be a big help for ORAS OU, at first I really wanted to, and in the couple first weeks I was really into it and trying, but Pokémon just feels so... tiresome for me. Even though you've told me there are no disapoints from your part, I guess I'm just disapointed in myself for many reasons.

I want to quote the post of fellow brazilian Royal Flush in this very thread here

Well this could be a salty post, Scofield-style (I miss your rants, man), and actually it is. Kinda. I mean let’s be real, nobody is happy losing at playoffs, no matter what happened: be it shitass luck, be it misplays, be it matchup (come on it's my 4th time at playoffs and not a single trophy, gimme a break).

And especially because me, a rusty old geezer, realized that I was playing with such inspiring people like the Bigs. And made me realize as well that somehow, at some point of these 12 years playing this weird competitive spectrum of a casual nintendo game, I definitely lost the boner for pokemon. I think passion is a good word for it, if you want a bit of eloquence.

I believe I had it for a long time, back when I was playing with my old niggas (Hantsuki/tama/kael, the ones still alive) for hours and hours and actually trying hard to get better. You know, that feeling when you were inspired by some great player of their time (who didn’t get an erection watching guys like VIL or g80 playing, huh?) and pretending that one day you would get at their level. Or when every new gen starts to rise, and with it, a freaking whole new universe of possibilities. So much hype, frends. And that hype died for me one day. But I can’t remember exactly when.

And there’s the thing: experience matters a lot in pokemon, but I tend to believe that passion matters more. And this is the fun shit of SPL: a lot of times you might see teams without a lot of hyped players or respected names, but you might have a team sharing this huge willpower, this immeasurable passion to improve at this shitty game and they actually ended up making an incredible season! And after all, this game is indeed shitty, mind you. What makes it so fun that people like me keep playing it for so long is most likely these relationships we built, and tournaments like these are so interesting in a lot of ways: you get to know people that play tiers and gens you never touched before, you might end up playing something completely new for you, you get to know people you most likely would never have other opportunities to speak and chill out for these few months.

All in all, this nonsense rant was just to say my heartfelt thanks to the Bigs for showing me such huge passion: with or without the red pixels trophy, you are all the real champions to me.
While for me the 'passion' hasn't completely died, it certainly comes and goes often, it's why I always come and go from Smogon, there are times Pokémon just isn't a thing I want to do with my time. In my previous SPL I also had the same issue as this, I start really excited, wanting to build, wanting to play, and it all just slowly goes down till it becomes honestly nothing but a chore. I used to blame this on the fact that the Frogs sucked, but in this SPL I was in a team that made to finals and still the same happened.

I saw so many inspired players on the Ruiners, that were so excited to build and test and play every week and I honestly envy that, because even on the times I'm most into Pokémon, it doesn't come close to that. To be honest, counting the past 5 or 6 weeks of this SPL, I don't think I've played 20 test games. There's just no excitement. But then you have the responsability of not disapointing your team and all of that together makes it a chore. Week after week, I simply had no enjoyment on this tournament and so I'm legitimely glad that it's over.

It's a shame we don't have the trophy. Not cause of me, I didn't work near hard enough to 'deserve' it, but many of my teammates and managers sure did, and I'm legitimely sad for them. I guess there's always next year.

While right now I'm not sure I'd like to through the whole 'SPL experience' somehow it always drags me back, mostly cause of the people, and I'm sure it will again next year, so I guess I'll just end this rant with a nice 'See you next year'

And congratulations to the Classiest, in the end any of the teams who made playoffs could've won and you guys did beat the top two seeded teams, so there's obviously merit on that.

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i joined smogon right when spl5 started and it was just so cool to see the teams going at each other in a slew of tiers. i'd watch all the doubles replays old gen replays and just be amazed at some of the plays these legends made. from there it became my dream to make spl6. i was a little bit sad about vgc'ers getting drafted and subsequently using kanga+mew+amoonguss+azumarill teams when i knew me and other friends were willing to play with better teams. fortuantely, the ruiners picked me up. when i saw my name in the midseason pickup list i went bananas. i stopped writing my essay at school and started yelling at my friend about how i just got picked up for the biggest tournament on smogon. it was a dream come true, and from there i made it a mission to prove my worth and the worth of all the other unknown smogon doubles players

the 4 horsemen
Hashtag yo i swear if you go through our PS pm logs half of what i say to you is "fight?" and the other half is "what do you think of this core?" honestly it's amazing to see how much you've grown in the past month from battling with you. originally it was me tutoring you, but by the end of the month you were making fucking plays and i could count on you as a super reliable test buddy who was my same level. also your voice is super cute and i want to go to new york to be with my favourite bear for college :] (even tho its like 3 hours away :[). i can see the day when the tutee will surpass his tutor. i just hope we stay equal for a little bit longer ;]
Deoxys Speed LOL. oh man i thought you were such an asshat from day 1. and then when you added me on skype you would call me and spam :I for like an hour and i would be like "yo why did i add this guy on skype, why in the world did i think this was a good idea?" im so glad those days are past. another testing buddy who would smack me around with moltres and tangrowth and just not give a single fuck. im really glad you could help me test day in and day out and im just waiting for you to give someone the d(eo) with rank c mons only.
qsns the baby of the group. oml you get so fukn nervous in your games its so funny ahahaha. "yo should i switch, wait no thats a bad idea, ok im going to just knock off, wait he dosent have an item, FUCK." i swear that shit is the best in skype. also nice anime core you form with qwerts, strong stuff. also i think you ask too many questions but idk? what do you think? anyways, keep your nerves inside of your body and you'll do fine in your battles love
SpaceBass ahh the one who i tested with like what 1 hour a day? something bananas like that. im so glad your sleep schedule is fucked up so you could pull that shit with me. dont let your tilt youre experiencing get to you right now, you still pummel on the regular. also your british accent gets me so giddy everytime i just want to get the group to skype more to hear your voice :3
from the bottom of my heart, thank you you 4 for testing with me day in and day out, tossing ideas with me, and being just great friends. you 4 made my spl run possible.

ruiners
Ciele thank you so much for picking me up and not trading me away. i have no idea what arctic said to you, but it must have been really nice :]. anyways you are a super honest, always online, very dedicated manager who put their utmost trust in their team and i thank you for trusting us week in and week out even when things looked grim. i'll always remember you reminding me to make my atk ivs 0 before a game even though i didnt run into swagger once, your willingness to help in anyway you can as a manager really made the atmosphere of a team at my back that much more real
SilentVerse BAIKA whistle you guys were all really friendly and whistle kept us warm "with his body" and supportive presence :]. unfortunately i did not get to talk to you fellows much, but i still appreciated your positivity in the channel
steelphoenix the steelamente core. i remember when you first picked up doubles, we became good friends who would always n_N and N-n each other. it's great to see you make it this far in spl! i never told anyone, but i always saw you as an auto-win for the week because of the sheer amount of time and stress you would put into your teams. you were one of the few people i knew on this team going in, and im so glad that we could share our first spl together :]. i also appreciated your constant critiques of my teams, it made sure my teams weren’t weak to blatantly obvious things like rotom-w. also thank you for Evuelf for helping steel!
Arcticblast theorymonning fren. you were a great help in team construction. i am also happy that you said something to ciele without me even asking you. honestly it was just nice to have another doubles guy in the channel who i could talk to, and you made me feel right at home. SCOURGE OF SPL
PDC oh man your plays were sick. i remember watching your week 9 game to decide if we were going to go undefeated and i was getting jive as fuck at each of the plays you made. you also made me look into nas and mobb deep more for which i am grateful. if you do decide to keep playing this game man, i can see you definetly being the next great
Tokyo Tom :]]]]]]]] a great friendly positive presence everywhere. we could always just talk about music or spectate each others games or just chill out and i would be having fun doing it with this guy. i swear your name trips me up still everytime mr. bagged milk canada and you should also change your avy back to 6teen
Bouffalant the support you offered to our team was priceless and im sure our lower gens appreciated it. i mean i would see you stay up late with meru talking about the benefits of a single moveslot on reuniclus for like 15 minutes. d-e-d-i-c-a-t-i-o-n. also your choice in music and avatars is impeccable.
Meru need me to uu? sure i can do that. need me to ru, hell that’s easy. need me to help with random doubles spreadsheets, fuck it im down. a great team player who was willing to help with everything. your lower tier knowledge and skill constantly got me hype af. super glad to have met you and dont be a stranger if you ever need doubles teams
Teddeh oml this fukn kid right here. yesterday i was at an ice cream place with a friend and when i saw that you beat flcl i fukn lost my shit right in the parlor. i have no idea how NU works, but i do know that you are doing an amazing job at it. another extremely positive presence in the channel who i loved just having in the channel to talk with and talk to
dekzeh bloOdborneforbrb always keeping it fresh in adv. do you remember when you gave that lecture on dental hygeiene? im still brushing my teeth religiously 2 weeks later because of it. seriously though, you are amazing at adv and to see your unpredictable plays was amazing
Tiba at first i thought it was odd how you would scream PENIS or VAGINA in the channel every hour on the hour, but eventually i accepted it as something which an amazing gsc player has to do.
Hantsuki although i never really interacted with the final part of the brazilian trio, i appreciate your ceaseless dedication to RBY and the team.
SoulWind i dont think ive ever been so jive and angry at the same time except during your games. honestly the plays you made week in and week out stunned me and i am super glad we had you on our team.
idiotfrommars i remember asking you at the beginning of the season if you were the same person as kingofmars and was just generally confused at the amount of residents of mars we had playing pokemon. luckily for us, martians are great team players, shifting from tier to tier in whatever we needed and still winning. HODOR.
august when i heard that i was going to be on the notorious aug’s team i was really honoured. i heard so much about you from past tournaments and you have always and still are one of the great pokemon legends. also you are a tokyo police club fan, the only other one i’ve ever found :]. good luck with the PDE’s and keep being the legend you are
Zamrock dude your teambuilding help was crazy. i remember even tiba refusing to battle until you hopped online to help him. i really wish we could have another OU spot to put you in because i would put you in there in a heartbeat. i honestly think you and pdc are the next legends if you two keep up the work
sugarhigh, reachzero, Lady Bug, Annoyer: unfortunately i never really got to talk to you folks, but im sure youre all sweet. especially sugarhigh

others
Mizuhime and Stratos for hyping me up to get me into spl. without you two, i dont think managers would even know my name. ponymon, i hoped i fulfilled your dream. also #FREEPWNEMON
49 your lower gens help was truly amazing! you would put something in like an hour a day to help out our guys, and it sure payed off!
BKC it was an honour to be with stallmaster bkc. love your youtube videos and i definitely think you should keep em up! your taste in music is also nice :]
McMeghan i think you caused the first quickban in the history of smogon doubles. damn, impressive. on the real though, your help in past gens was really great and much appreciated!
Nails red pan_nda
CrashinBoomBang, Tamahome as with bkc and mcm, your guyses help in the lower tiers as well as other tiers was great!
Zebraiken and the other tds for being great hosts!

Lohgock :]]]] laurin_n
Dubtrips keep the laddering garbage just like u
thebagman for believing in me like i was some sort of deity week in and week out. you still beat yourself up whenever you fight me, and we both know you know you dont need to do that. i might even be able to go to the north (or you to austin) and id love to hangout irl with the monster that is bags
KyleCole its gonna be a punless day when you leave. i hope that day is far away fren. also youre theorymonning with me was super fukn helpful. i swear you think of things that would never cross my mind in a million years
mouse de frank for linking me the chillest shit ever and changing his timezone everytime i ask him what time it is. ur voice is also superrr cute oml i want to go to australia just so i can hear your voice irl
Victorious B.I.G. ur gay jaja. on the reals though i wanna see you get better at rapping. make sure im the first to the fire mixtape 2 tho. i dont want anyone of these hoes to hit it before i do. first toke is the best

honestly this was a great first spl for me and i could not have asked for a better team to have my first spl with. team was great, friends were great, late night in the channel was great. we’ll get em next time rooners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)