Tournament Smogon Doubles Tour Playoffs - won by Stax

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The preliminary stages are finally over! Thank you to all who participated, and a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped out by hosting. The remainder of this tournament will be played out as a single elimination bracket.

There were a number of ties in the final standings, and these ties were broken using win percentage. The number of games won and games played for each player were counted for each tournament they entered, with round robin finals being treated as 2-0 for the winner and 0-1 for each loser. The info used to calculate these percentages is public and can be found in this thread, please let me know if you think there has been a mistake. The matchups are as follows:

(1) Stax vs (16) Memoric | Game 1 (SM) Game 2 (BW)
(2) Akaru Kokuyo vs (15) Demantoid | Game 1 (SM) Game 2 (XY) Game 3 (BW)
(3) Frania vs (14) Psynergy | Game 1 (SM) Game 2 (BW) Game 3 (XY)
(4) marilli vs (13) SableyeMyBae | Game 1 (SM) Game 2 (BW) Game 3 (XY)
(5) Toxigen vs (12) Laga | Game 1 (SM) Game 2 (XY) Game 3 (BW)
(6) AuraRayquaza vs (11) Yellow Paint | Game 1 (BW) Game 2 (XY) Game 3 (SM)
(7) MajorBowman vs (10) Matt | Game 1 (SM) Game 2 (XY)
(8) Level 51 vs (9) Z strats | Game 1 (SM) Game 2 (BW) Game 3 (XY)

Playoff sets will be a best of three series, consisting of SM, XY, and BW DOU. The higher seed picks the first tier, the loser of game 1 picks the second, and the final game will be the unused tier.

The deadline for this round is Sunday, August 6, at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT -4). Post the results in this thread, and include replays. Good luck!

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Stax vs Memoric
Akaru Kokuyo vs Demantoid
Frania vs Psynergy
marilli vs SableyeMyBae
Toxigen vs Laga
AuraRayquaza vs Yellow Paint
MajorBowman vs Matt
Level 51 vs Z strats

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Playing Z Strats at 3pm Saturday UTC. Be there to see some of the coolest teams in the tournament!! (and also my teams)

edit: i fucked up the timing, fixed now

Last edited:

MajorBowman

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

MajorBowman

playing Demantoid at 6pm central on Thursday

edit: just kidding 5pm

Last edited:

Fran

formerly Frania
is a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
won vs aura in a tight set, ggs!

sm: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-615252499
bw: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5doublesou-615256240
oras: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6doublesou-615259904

i dont want to show my spreads, but for anyone spectating terrakion cc couldnt have killed ferro without the crit, then in the oras game hydraigon needed a midroll dark pulse to ko rachi from 81. even tho there was a lot of hax involed i really enjoyed our series and i think it evened out in the end (ferro crit->edge miss, lando crit->heat wave miss, kang crit->rachi roll)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)