SM UU Viability Ranking Thread Mark Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
SD Sceptile is definitely a usable set, but All-Out Attacker set is just superior due to it's straight up nuke capabilities. SD also can't switch into Rotom-W like the Special Variant can, as you risk Will-o-Wisp, and lacks power to revenge kill pokemon like Mega Lati earlier. If anything you can run EQ over Giga for Muk as it 2HKOs after rocks even without Attack investment and use Naive nature. Though your post does support why Sceptile should rise in viability ranking as it has 4 solid sets [All-Out, SD, Sub + 3 Attacks and Sub Leech], and I agree with comment about VoltTurn, it isn't a full stop but an effective tool vs the playstyle.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the lack of major steel types recently such as Aggron and pokemon like Togekiss also increase the viability of SD.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You all knew this was coming.
I'd like to make a nomination of my own. I will make it as short as possible.

Unranked -> C-

I've been spamming Honchkrow lately a bit and this this bird is quite underrated. It has the tools to be an immediate threat to every playstyle - base 125 attack, two good STAB moves, coverage and Moxie.

Sure, it struggles against common Pokémon, mainly fast Fighting-types and Rotom-W, but you can't deny it puts in work against common playstyles.

While it has a hard time sweeping, it certainly does a great job early game wallbreaking and supporting many high-ranked physical attackers; Cobalion, Scizor, Mega-Sharpedo, Mega-Aerodactyl and more by weakening similar checks.

While not being a top tier Pokémon, Honchkrow certainly has its niche in the UU metagame, almost exclusively on Hyper Offense, thus should be ranked C-.

Using this Honchkrow team, I got reqs for this suspect test with 83.4% GXE. Feel free to use it and test Honchkrow for yourselves!
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

>unranked (Honchkrow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Naughty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Icy Wind

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Last edited:
You all knew this was coming.
I'd like to make a nomination of my own. I will make it as short as possible.

Unranked -> C-

I've been spamming Honchkrow lately a bit and this this bird is quite underrated. It has the tools to be an immediate threat to every playstyle - base 125 attack, two good STAB moves, coverage and Moxie.

Sure, it struggles against common Pokémon, mainly fast Fighting-types and Rotom-W, but you can't deny it puts in work against common playstyles.

While it has a hard time sweeping, it certainly does a great job early game wallbreaking and supporting many high-ranked physical attackers; Cobalion, Scizor, Mega-Sharpedo, Mega-Aerodactyl and more by weakening similar checks.

While not being a top tier Pokémon, Honchkrow certainly has its niche in the UU metagame, almost exclusively on Hyper Offense, thus should be ranked C-.

Using this Honchkrow team, I got reqs for this suspect test with 83.4% GXE. Feel free to use it and test Honchkrow for yourselves!
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

>unranked (Honchkrow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Icy Wind

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect
In my opinion, C- is composed almost exclusively of random things that good players have used recently. So since you got reqs I’ll second the nomination, even though it loses to well played stall.

Not iambic. Do not accept.

Anyways, to make this not a one-liner, Entei is probably fine where it's at, though I'm not against a drop. It sets itself apart from Darm with Espeed and some actual bulk, though the lesser power can be an issue against bulkier teams. Still, not dying any time it clicks its main stab can be useful.
Isn't the reason to use entei is sacred fire because no physical attacker which is not gliscor or a fire type wants to switch into its sacred fire due to the 50% burn chance? That's really painful for many pokemon. I'd be fine with where it is just because of sacred fire.

What was the iambic thing again?
To rank or not to rank our Honchkrow now
Its moxie boosted sucker punch is good.
Its coverage and STAB combo are great.
It can endanger playstyles right now
But it cannot take almost any hit.
And it may fail to penetrate most stalls
Its niche may yet provide it with a rank
Perhaps we need more evidence to rank.

Last edited:
Been Kinda quiet so I'm gonna make a nom for Kyurem to B
Kyurem is pretty good right now, With Either LO Roost , Sub , or Specs, Kyurem is great at forcing mons out and blasting it away with draco or setting up a sub to kill the switch in with coverage. Its decent bulk despite SR weakness can make it switch in to most rockers like aggron, seismotoad, swamp, hippo, and mamo, and proceed to break holes in the enemy team, with switch ins being limited to complete special walls like florges and bliss. Breaking through alomo steel, lati/coba lati/wash or klefki gliscor is a great asset to many teams, and should place it above most of the mons in B-.

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
With USUM and an update right around the corner, I feel like there are some things that should be addressed about this vr one last time before the new metagame transition. List looks really good right now but there's always something that could change. Here's what I think should happen:

Alolan Muk up to A-
This thing has gotten a massive surge in usage lately and it isn't hard to see why. It's fantastic on VoltTurn builds because of its ability to ease the Mega Latias matchup more reliably than any other mon in the tier, while it also just functions as a really solid check to a ton of the tier's top special attackers, including Rotom-W, Mega Manectric, Hydreigon, Mega Sceptile, and Nihilego. Super solid mon that while not necessarily better than the last time it was moved up, is just super consistent and thriving a lot more in the current meta than anything else in B+. Definitely as good in its respective role as mons like Amoonguss and Starmie.

Krookodile down to B+
A lot of Ground-types have been getting brought up for rises and drops lately, though I feel that Krookodile down from A- is the most urgent of them all. It needs Crunch on its Choice Scarf set to reliably pressure Mega Latias, and as a result faces too much competition as a Pursuit trapper from Pokemon like Alolan Muk and Mega Absol. Its STAB attacks are also more punishable than they've ever been in a metagame filled with Pokemon that abuse them for free turns, like Rotom-W, Mega Altaria, Hydreigon, and Primarina. Overall, Krookodile lets in too many threats for free with its Choice Scarf set, isn't as valuable or reliable in its role as before, and just lacks an identity right now, which isn't a trait I'd use to describe an A- ranked Pokemon.

Porygon2 down to C+
When I first brought P2 up for a rise, I was behind seeing it in C+, though I feel like we kinda jumped the gun ranking it in B- alongside Pokemon like Metagross and Raikou. Its Z-Conversion set is extremely potent in that it can find opportunities to set up against a few VoltTurn staples that it'll then threaten, like Scizor and Rotom-W, though the poor bulk prior to setup and the bad Speed either way are both two really mediocre traits that alongside the use of a Z-Crystal make it one of the more situational setup sweepers out there by a long run. It's also something that you more or less need to build around due to its need for the removal of special walls and revenge killers, and as a defensive Normal-type I feel that it competes too much with Blissey due to its reliance on Eviolite and much worse vulnerability to status. Not a bad Pokemon by any means, though the flaws it's faced with as both a sweeper and defensive Pokemon make it a lot more situational than Pokemon like Gastrodon and Kyurem.

Rotom-C up to B-
Dropping this thing any lower than B- was honestly a travesty, since it still has a lot of obvious worth in the metagame. People often argue that it faces a lot of competition as an offensive Electric-type with Rotom-W, though Rotom-W's presence in the tier honestly helps the lawnmower as much as it hurts it. Rotom-C serves as one of the tier's most reliable checks to our favorite washing machine due to its resistances to both of its STABs and access to Leaf Storm. Pressuring a lot of Water-types that Rotom-W has a harder time dealing with, most notably Seismitoad, Gastrodon, and Alomomola (isn't 2HKOed by its most common set in defensive and can cripple it with Toxic), and still stands as arguably the best partner for Mega Beedrill due to its ability to more reliably take on a lot of its checks, including the aforementioned Water-types in addition to Swampert and some Suicune sets.

Mandibuzz and Umbreon should be in the same ranks, or maybe even Umbreon above Mandibuzz
You could make a case for these two being equal in viability (I personally think Umbreon is better), but at the very least I think they should be ranked alongside one another since Umbreon has a few very clear and useful niches over Mandibuzz as a defensive Dark-type. Mandibuzz's vulnerability to a lot of Pokemon Umbreon can adequately check, such as Rotom-W, Mega Manectric, Nihilego, and Ice Beam or Thunderbolt Mega Latias, makes it seem like it can be a suboptimal pick at times, especially considering that its rocks weakness weakens its matchups against these mons in addition to the likes of Hydreigon and Scizor. Umbreon struggles at times in that it isn't as capable of investing well in both defenses like Mandibuzz, doesn't have access to Defog or Knock Off, and is forced to run two-turn recovery, which sucks. However, its lack of a rocks weakness and ability to take on a few key threats that simply overwhelm Mandibuzz really makes me skeptical of the current difference in rank between the two. I understand that a few people have vouched for a Mandibuzz rise, though I'd argue that B- is as high as it should be right now in a meta where Umbreon and other defensive defoggers, most notably Mantine, Empoleon, and Mega Latias, give it a good amount of competition.

Mega Camerupt down to C-
Mega Camerupt is a really mediocre wallbreaker that has way too much opportunity cost to deserve a ranking alongside anything in its current rank, quite frankly. It's forced to run Toxic to catch Dragon-types on the switch, and plenty of other Pokemon that are fully capable of dealing with it exist in the metagame, like Mega Aerodactyl, defensive Rotom-W, Mantine, and pretty much any faster Ground- or Water-type. At even full Speed investment, it's outrun and pressured by even slow defensive threats like Alomomola, Empoleon, and Seismitoad, and this in tandem with the fact that it's so hard-pressed for moveslots just makes this guy really hard to use right now, especially when it's taking away your ability to run a Mega Evolution that performs much more consistently and without as much support.

Well, that's my five cents. Not a lot of huge noms, but housekeeping is always nice. Hope you guys enjoyed reading! Let me know what you all think :)

I’d support Gliscor to S. It can fill a few different roles, and it does all of them extremely well- it’s just so consistent at what it does, especially because of its huge amount of passive recovery, and immunity to status once toxic orb is activated.

I was playing a variant of Pim’s Mega Lati team with altaria switched for Lati, and I am always amazed at how much work a well played gliscor can put in. Here’s one replay where taunt toxic gliscor puts the team on its back and destroys a fatter team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-657198638

Gliscor is one of those mons that can support its team mates so well, through stall breaking, wall breaking, setting hazards, gaining momentum, being a great pivot... it’s often hard to find teams that can’t fit a gliscor.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Update for October 27th to November 9th

Thanks everyone for your contributions, I find the quality of the posts to be as high as ever and everybody had at least decent logic.

Mega Latias was banned so that is going to be removed.

This is going to be the second to last update for SUMO because Ultra Sun and Moon will be released in about a week. So if you want to see any changes to close out SUMO, now would be a good time to post. This is an important resource for nearly all serious UU players so the VR team really values your opinions.

The last regular update for this thread and for UU SUMO will be on November 16th (the new games come out on the 17th).

And as always, feel free to to bring up your nomination again if it was declined and you feel strongly or have new evidence. I think we went through all of them so if you saw your nomination not mentioned, please tell me because it was by accident.

Rises
Latias A+ --> S

Latias now provides a lot of the defensive utility Mega Latias did with even more immediate potency because Z sets. It would have risen to S even if one of its big competitors Mega Latias was not banned because of the sheer pressure it puts on most teams.

Gliscor A+ --> S

Gliscor is a metagame defining Pokemon because of its great defensive utility in typing and ability, as well the ability for most of its sets to threaten to sweep and wall break (Swords Dance, Taunt) or be an almost totally impenetrable wall (Sub Protect). It fits nearly everywhere and is always an important team player no matter the playstyle.

Suicune B+ --> A

Many teams are unprepared for Rest + Sleep Talk + Calm Mind sets because they rely on weaker non boosting attackers to check Suicune, such as Rotom Wash, which just become set up fodder. It can even stall out the rising Seismitoad despite Water Absorb in some situations.

Tentacruel B+ --> A-

Incredible amount of utility in checking numerous threats, setting up Toxic Spikes, and spinning away hazards. It helps that it is emerging that Tentacruel is one of the only good Rapid Spin users to be able to fit on bulkier teams
Heracross B+ --> A-

Heracross is the one of the tier’s top wallbreakers (if not the very best) because its Flame Orb set can’t be stopped by any common walls and lasts long enough to do extreme damage to slow bulky teams. It is also thriving with the removal of Mega Latias because that was one of the few Pokemon used on defensive teams that could check Heracross.

Muk Alola B+ --> A-

One of the only total stops to Latias, Muk Alola offers balance teams an extreme amount of special bulk and utility in trapping to check or even counter threats they normally struggle with, such as Primarina. It is also an underrated wallbreaker since Muk Alola cannot be Toxiced and does sizeable passive damage if Knock Off removes Leftovers and activates Poison Touch

Sylveon B --> B+

A balance staple which is great role to be right now because balance is rising in usage. Although it has trouble with some strong attackers and most boosting attackers, the amount of utility Sylveon provides while still packing a decent Hyper Voice to discourage set up means it should rise.

Florges C --> B
There is no reason Florges should be so much lower than Sylveon, Sylveon is almost certainly better because it uses Wish Protect more effectively and Wish is more useful right now, but not more than one rank.

Seismitoad B- --> B+

Still not as good as Swampert because Swampert is both a lot stronger and bulkier, while people often underestimate the utility of Roar for rising threats like Suicune. But the great ability makes it nearly as good as Swampert.

Chandelure B- --> B

Several previously uncommon sets have been used recently, but the main reason overall for the rise is that all Chandelure sets are a very good check to Scizor which is as dominant as ever. Chandelure can abuse Scizor with interesting sets like Ghostium Z Calm Mind, Will-O-Wisp Hex, and even Trick Room Weakness Policy. Choice Scarf Sets remain relatively ineffectual however due to slightly below average speed.

Mantine B- --> B

A very reliable Defogger for most balance teams that offers more reliable bulk than Tentacruel because of Roost which lets it check threats like Cobalion and Scizor fairly easily through out the game.

Mandibuzz B- --> B

Mandibuzz is great versus Klefki offense teams because of its Prankster immunity. it also benefits from the fact that plenty of teams are now using Freeze dry Mamoswine, which struggles to 2HKO even Physically Defensive Mandibuzz.

Kyurem B- --> B

Rising mainly for reasons outlined in this post, Kyurem is simply stronger, more reliable, and more useful than the rest of the B- Pokem

Umbreon C+ --> B-

Really messes up some Volt-Turn teams that rely on Choice Band Scizor because Foul Play does a lot of damage and Umbreon can Protect Scout and even out speed Scizor sometimes. Yes it has problems with Fairies and Fighting Pokemon but the balance and stall teams Umbreon thrives on usually has switchins to those Pokemon.

Moltres C+ --> B-
Somewhat anti-meta right now because of how well it beats threats like Scizor and Cobalion, although the SR weakness is simply terrible but not impossible to deal with. It can actually deal quite nice damage, particularly with Z Hurricane and can even be one of the top Rotom-Wash lures with Z Solarbeam.

Honchkrow UR --> C-

It is certainly usable and I don't see any reason to antagonize users if they want to see it ranked. But to be clear, Honchkrow is not good usually because of bad bulk and competition.

Drops
Klefki A+ --> A

Still an amazing Pokemon but simply has less utility now because a few of the threats it countered are no longer legal, namely Weavile, Gardevoir Mega and Latias Mega

Terrakion A- --> B+

The prominence of Scizor makes Terrakion’s life much harder and as a wallbreaker it is seeing increased competition from an increase in Swords Dance Heracross, which notably breaks through Quagsire much more easily. Of course Terrakion is still more than usable because of its above average speed and great power.

Krookodile A- --> B+

The increasing bulk of the metagame has made krookodile somewhat less effective because Krookodile lacks the power to go through many threats such as Altaria Mega. More supportive sets with Stealth Rock are not compensating for Choice Scarf's falling trend because other Stealth Rockers like Seismitoad and Hippowdon are trending somewhat.

Celebi B+ --> B

Competition with Latias is more obvious than ever, the ability to break through some balance and stall Pokemon after Nasty Plot boosts and the correct coverage is nice, but Celebi has no set that beats most of its common checks.

Volcanion B -- B-

Volcanion is not a bad Pokemon but is still becoming less mainstream because of the fact Water and Fire resistances are trending, such as Suicune (which completely beats Choice Specs Volcanion despite Water Absorb) and Seismitoad. Although Volcanion has some ways to get around them, notably Z Solarbeam, the additional problem of below average speed, SR weakness, and Dragons remain despite the use of a Z crystal

Abomasnow Mega B --> B-

Threatened badly by Scizor and has questionable defensive typing, especially because the SR weakness. However Abomasnow has next to no safe switch ins because of god coverage and offensive STABs and even if it predicts incorrectly, Blizzard plus hail damage does good damage to most Steel Pokemon.

Venomoth B --> C+

Venomoth does not really exist anymore, seeing next to no usage in competitive games ever since the end of UUPL. The lack of usage is not the reason for the drop, but it is an important side effect of a metagame that does not really let Venomoth set up consistently. It is entirely possible Venomoth has latent potential, but more evidence is needed to make that potential not so latent.

Mienshao B- --> C+

The good speed and power is really offset by the terrible bulk and only passable typing both offensively and defensively. Choice Scarf has trouble revenging or dealing with rising bulky threats like Gliscor in particular.

Unranked
Camerupt Mega

Strong yes, but basically unseen unless Trick Room which has always had consistency issues, too many weaknesses, too slow and too many Dragons.

Dugtrio

Dropped to RU and was ranked before only by technicality (all UU Pokemon are ranked here).

Declined Nominations and Declined Discussion Points
Rotom Wash remains A+ (nominated higher)

Amazing defensive typing and provides a lot of momentum with Volt Switch, but the two main factors holding it back is that Rotom Wash individually is not posing a big threat, that falls under the teammates Rotom Wash has to bring in and it still has a few vulnerabilities such as Toxic and Zygarde-10%

Sceptile Mega remains A- (nominated higher)

It already had a raise to reflect the good matchup with Rotom Wash, which can still cripple Swords Dance sets with Will-O-Wisp. The main problem is the lack of immediate power which Leaf Storm only somewhat ameliorates due to its below average offensive typing

Porygon-2 remains B- (nominated lower)

Still a potent sweeper against many styles, including the most dominant Volt-Turn if using Z Conversion. It is important not to misunderstand its sweeping role, which it does through the ability to tank almost all hits after set up easily, especially with Recover, which stops it from being revenged. Along with good offenses, the low speed is less relevant. Lastly, the defensive sets can be surprisingly hard to take down and useful offensively as tri Attack with HP Fire gives passable coverage.

Rotom-Cutter remains C+ (nominated higher)

Rotom-Cutter already rose somewhat recently and it still struggles not just with what Rotom-Wash struggles with bar some Waters, but also has competition and lacks a great deal of defensive utility Rotom-Wash does. Pairing well with Mega Beedrill is a good point but eclipsed by the fact Scizor and Rotom-Wash are obviously the faces of Volt-Turn, not Beedrill Mega and Rotom-Cutter

Bronzong remains C (nominated higher)

Bronzong has horribly little offensive presence and is too easily trapped to be a reliable defensive Pokemon. The ban of Mega Latias should indicate a fall in viability if anything, not a rise.

Xatu remains C- (nominated higher)

The stats are just so bad and leaves it unable to counter much besides the few hazard setters it absolutely needs to counter to function effectively. It really is barely viable.

Discussion Points
Sharpedo Mega A+ --> A

It is hard to justify Sharpedo Mega on any play style bar hyper offense, because of the terrible defensive utility and cost of a mega slot. This is arguably a negative trend because the Klefki Spikes that Sharpedo loves is falling off just a little bit.

Beedrill Mega A --> A-

Beedrill lost the really nice utility of being able to revenge Latias Mega with U-Turn, although it does the same to Latias. Beedrill is also suffering from the fact that Gliscor is now one of the most dominant Pokemon.

Pidgeot Mega A- --> B+

Pidgeot is really suffering from Volt-Turn's presence since before plenty of teams ran no Flying resist and now the most common archetype has either one solid resist (Rotom-Wash) or one decent resist that also outspeeds (Manectric Mega). But Hurricane is still quite dangerous against most teams and Weavile's ban did give Pidgeot a bit more breathing room.

Last edited:

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Pidgeot-Mega I can get behind going down. Flying is just... not that good of a typing anymore. Weavile's ban doesn't stop the fact that almost every team now has a flying resist on it somewhere. It's ranked highly for that spammable stab but when that stab isn't really that spammable anymore, it should drop.

Beedrill-Mega should definitely not drop. Rkilling latias is huge but in general this thing is super underrated. People usually turn to Mane-Mega for VoltTurn but this is definitely not two subranks lower on that. It's stll incredibly powerful, is annoying af and isj ust overall not getting worse in this meta and certainly not overrated in its rank to the extent where a drop would be justified. Definitely keep where it is.

You forgot to move Tentacruel up in the OP pokeisfun might wanna do that. Also forgot to move Krook down. You also kept shao in B- - no that I disagree wtih that, oh dear no, but yeah you'll wanna fix that.

the rankings overall look really solid, won't comment on them for now since they seem fine tbh. There might be some nitpicks I come up with though.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Last update for November 9th to November 16th

Not much said in the last week but I still thought it would be good to have one more regular update for SUMO before Ultra Sun and Moon gets released on the server tomorrow. Thanks everyone who participated in this thread, I appreciate you for helping contribute to this resource.

I'll be putting up the next thread for Ultra Sun and Moon in a few minutes just as a filler, please don't post on that until at least a few days of getting to play Ultra Sun and Moon.

Rises
Empoleon B+ → A-

Empoleon has a number of viable sets including defensive sets with Defog and Stealth Rock and offensive sets with Defog or Stealth Rock. The rise comes mainly from an influx in Protect Toxic sets that run only one support move but can be incredibly long lasting and annoying with Protect stalling, Toxic, and relatively powerful Scalds.

Hoopa UR → C

It should have been ranked for a while, it is pretty clear that Hoopa is good enough to be ranked. The most dangerous sets involve Z moves, like Z Focus Blast, but as long as Hoopa is using Nasty Plot it can fulfill its niche of being a fairly reliable wallbreaker.

Kabutops UR → C

Ranked because of its suicide lead se which can reliably set hazards and keep hazards off against common suicide leads like Aerodactyl and Azelf. The set uses Focus Sash, Weak Armor, Rock Tomb, Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock and a filler move.

Barbaracle UR → C

Ranked because it can sometimes sweep because of significantly above average power and speed after a Shell Smash, which while hard to achieve, is far from impossible. Will edit after I find a sprite somewhere.

Drops
Florges B → B-

Not dropped because of any changes per say, rather the previous rise was too large and while Florges still is on the heels of Sylveon, a B- rank can still reflect that.

Mega Pidgeot A- → B+

The problems with Rotom-Wash and Volt-Turn in general are just too great - Manectric and Beedrill Mega also pose problems to some extent. Pidgeot Mega is still far from bad because of Hurricane’s good power, but it is pretty clearly suffering from its previous peaks.

Mega Steelix B → B-

A defensive Pokemon less often needed now because a few things defensive Steel types need to check are now banned like Latias Mega and Gardevoir Mega. It also struggles as a Volt-Switch immunity to many Electric types, including most obviously Rotom-Wash.

Aerodactyl C → C-

Slightly lowered because of the increased competition it has versus Kabutops now, which while significantly slower has two big trump cards in Rapid Spin and Weak Armor which lets Kabutops come out on top as a suicide lead against more threats including Aerodactyl itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)