SM UU Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
nothing much out of the ordinary compared to oras, really. spdef is probably the set you will get most value from using - that's not to say physdef wouldn't work though. here is the analysis (wip) for this generation.

Is latias a great 'mon, but not over-centralizing/broken, in the current UU metagame?
Absolutely, Latias is super versatile and can be fit onto many teams thanks to its great stats, typing+ability and movepool, which is large enough to ensure that it is a versatile threat. Calm Mind with a Z-Stone is an increasingly common set to beat some of its common checks like Scarf Krookodile (Latias lives the knock off and KOs with Devastating Drake) or Mega Blastoise (using Z-Thunder). The Life Orb or Soul Dew sets with Defog are always a threat while Scarf Latias is an effective revenge killer and has the added utility of a very fast Healing Wish to aid the team. There are bulkier boosting sets too but I'm not too experienced with those.

Not super overcentralizing once you consider that a variety of defensive and offensive checks exist such as Krookodile, Scizor (heads up for HP Fire), Clefable, etc and most team archetypes have some way of considering Latias, but its versatility means that it is a threat that should always be considered.

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Probably never lmao.

He has been suspected to know if it will come back or not a few weaks / months ago and remain BL with the large majority.

hey, I think something fucky is going on with the damage calc

252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 58-70 (32.7 - 39.5%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Krookodile Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 64-76 (36.1 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

both moves get STAB and are neutral against a bug/steel type, but earthquake has 100 base power to crunch's 80, yet crunch is doing more damage
here's the calc I'm using, let me know if it's outdated
http://trainertower.com/damagecalc/

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
hey, I think something fucky is going on with the damage calc

252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 58-70 (32.7 - 39.5%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Krookodile Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 64-76 (36.1 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

both moves get STAB and are neutral against a bug/steel type, but earthquake has 100 base power to crunch's 80, yet crunch is doing more damage
here's the calc I'm using, let me know if it's outdated
http://trainertower.com/damagecalc/
Trainertower use a calculator based on doubles battles.
In doubles battles spread moves like earthquake, does the 75% of the original damage.
Also smogon has its own calculator: https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Is Mega-Steelix actually OU or is Showdown being weird?
All megas start in OU and they will trickle down as tier shifts happen, even unviable ones such as Audino. I believe there is something wrong with the server (and they are working to fix it) that is preventing Antar from retrieving the usage stats from March, so we won't be seeing Mega Steelix for a bit.

e- and April

Last edited:

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What are some ways to beat unaware Clefable? Would choice band Scizor, life orb Gengar, or Cobalion do it? Any other ways?
You can try to apply as much offensive pressure to it as possible, and you listed some great examples to help take down Unaware Clefable in Scizor, Gengar, and Cobalion (although this is the most shaky of the 3 since it doesn't check Clefable in the long term). Other options include the likes of Toxic Gliscor, which can wear down Clefable once you've burned enough Heal Bell PP, or trying to Taunt it and prevent Clefable from recovering its own health (examples of which include stallbreaker Jellicent and Mew). Apart from that, you can try and force it to switch out by means of clever double switches, thus racking up hazard damage in the process, and this may allow for you to break through Clefable once it has incurred enough of this passive damage.

You can also refer to this post (click the 'S rank' tag and then the one right under 'Clefable') for a comprehensive list of checks and counters to Unaware Clefable.

Is modest or timid the better nature for hydreigon? I had just hatched a 6 iv deino but it is running modest instead of timid. Is there any use for a modest hydreigon in UU over timid

Is modest or timid the better nature for hydreigon? I had just hatched a 6 iv deino but it is running modest instead of timid. Is there any use for a modest hydreigon in UU over timid
Modest is viable on specs, as it allows it to hit quite a bit harder than timid, making Hydreigon nearly impossible to wall. I still think timid is the better nature, even on specs, but modest is far from useless assuming you're using choice specs. Other sets should run timid though imo

I haven't done a whole lot of looking around on the subject, but has there been any talk about M-Slowbro moving down to UU, or am I missing something with how powerful it may be?

All Attack moves powered by z crystals have no secondary effects, so z scald can't burn, z dark pulse can't flinch, and z draco meteor doesn't lower special Attack
Thanks for the info, but when SM first came out I put Flyinium on a Toucannon and its Beak Blast-turned-Supersonic Skystrike still burned my opponent on contact. Was that an error in the PS simulator or is that an exception in-game?

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the info, but when SM first came out I put Flyinium on a Toucannon and its Beak Blast-turned-Supersonic Skystrike still burned my opponent on contact. Was that an error in the PS simulator or is that an exception in-game?
Z-Beak Blast shouldn't burn your opponent upon contact, and like ProfessorMasterChief said, all attacks with secondary effects will lose said effects when used as a Z-move. I just tested this myself, just to be sure, so you most likely clicked Beak Blast and neglected to click the Z-move checkbox in the battle window. I doubt it was a bug, but it very well could've been one that has been corrected since the time you ran into this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)