SM UU Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good do you think Mega Beedrill will be in SU/MO UU? No more Mega Aggron and Mega Steelix helps, and it can now have that amazing Speed right from turn one.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How good do you think Mega Beedrill will be in SU/MO UU? No more Mega Aggron and Mega Steelix helps, and it can now have that amazing Speed right from turn one.
Really good. Like you said, the gen 7 mega speed buff really helps Beedrill's case as its last slot is a lot more customizable than it was in gen 6. The tier still has a fair amount of options to check Mbee, such as Scizor, Cobalion, MAero, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Forretress, etc, but most of those mons already face a great amount of defensive pressure as is, and Mbee's potential drop really doesn't alleviate that issue. In my opinion, the old Mbee+Magneton core has the potential to be even more effective than it was in early ORAS, and in general, voltturn cores involving Mbee will be a lot more threatening to most teams since the player using Mbee won't lose any early game momentum that they might've lost back when Mbee was forced to run protect.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
What is the protocol for tier shifts at the moment? Are we getting new shifts every month? Every three months? Every three months except for quick drops (<1.something% i think was the criteria)?

Hello. Just a question concerning tiering policy and the suspect process.

Will public suspects return after all of the Pokemon banned in the beta stages are retested? Or will public tests return once only the 'controversial' or 'borderline' Pokemon are retested (i.e. not Zard-Y, Salamence, etc.).

So, the Pidgeotite and Steelixite mega stones are likely going to be released in the upcoming weeks (not sure exactly when). I doubt OU will want Mega Steelix when it has Landorus-T, Garchomp and Hippowdon, and I don't think they'll want to use Mega Pidgeot over Tornadus-T, Celesteela and Zapdos (although it does have niches over them). So how good do you think those Pokemon will be when they inevitably drop to UU?

Probably high a-to-s rank. Pidgeot was almost broken on its own without the issue of Hurricane confusion and could break damn near any stall with just one set. Only having a few new mons to attack it and its main counter in MAmphy gone, it's probably just as good if not better.

Mega Steelix is probably gonna end up being BL2 because it just doesn't have enough use in here with all the offense going around right now. He gets shredded by Special Attacks, there's still plenty of things that tear it apart in the tier. Would only be good at stopping Voltturn teams, and Rotom-H still decks it.

Mega Steelix is probably gonna end up being BL2 because it just doesn't have enough use in here with all the offense going around right now. He gets shredded by Special Attacks, there's still plenty of things that tear it apart in the tier. Would only be good at stopping Voltturn teams, and Rotom-H still decks it.
I think you're messing up the things here. Mega Steelix is going to be a really, really solid Pokemon. Stall does not need to rely on Quagsire anymore since Steelix checks what it checks (Bisharp, Mega Aero, Raikou, etc.), but it does it better, not to mention it is a better Stealth Rock setter than Blissey on stall, which has to sacrifice a moveslot to set Stealth Rock. It's also a really solid check to a ton of things, including the own Mega Pidgeot, Mega Beedrill (I'm pretty sure it's dropping soon), Bisharp, Raikou, Mega Aerodactyl, Scizor, and Magneton. Also, I don't know why you mentioned Rotom-H, it's like really bad right now lol

Agree with Highways. Lix-Mega is such a usefull Pokemon and, if he drop UU, he will be so important for stall build but for BO and Balanced too. Really solid core with Lix-Mega + Water (Mola if you want wish support, or cune like in RoSa). Definitively one of the mega i waiting for (with the god Pert-Mega).

Reactions: TSR
Sylveon was a monster last gen. What changed about this gen to make it so bad?
Its sets from last gen are completely outclassed. Clefable is a best cleric overall, and balance is not prominent as it was during ORAS, so even Wish Clefable is hardly useful in balance squads since its CM set is better. While Clefable outclasses Sylveon's defensive sets Primarina outclasses Sylveon's Specs set, as it has a spammable secondary STAB and a better Special Attack stat overall. Lastly, the -ate abilities nerf made the likes of Sylveon, Mega Glalie, etc. slightly worse.

Don't forget Togekiss ya'll.
Toges has a different niche that Sylv, Prim and Clef on a team. Being weak to stealth rock lessens its clerical ability, while its damage output is too low to justify it as a Specs user. These were the two main uses of Sylveon.

Instead Toges is some Wallbreaker Stallbreaker Pokémon due to Nasty Plot and the Air Slash flinches.

E: I mean, it's a Fairy, just not a Sylv replacement.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Mew needs Mewnium Z for Genesis Supernova, which hits harder than Psychium Z's Shattered Psyche and generates Psychic Terrain.
Psychium Z = Shattered Psyche, Mewnium Z = Genesis Supernova
Also, Genesis Supernova is slightly more powerful than Shattered Psyche (185 BP vs 175 BP) even aside from the fact that it summons Psychic Terrain.

I was looking up usage stats and viability rankings for UU, and found the usage stats for February: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-02/uu-1760.txt and the viability ranking thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-uu-viability-ranking-thread.3595093/

I wanted to know if one of those is incorrect or outdated because I see that the top 3 in usage rankings are all either not on the tier list or are in D rank. Does anyone know why this is?

Edit: Just wanted to add that I am very new to the scene so I don't know much. Sorry for any ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)