Resource SM Ubers Tournament Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyw

Banned deucer.
Just when yall thot Lance was cut smacking problems last upl he surprises us with bitch slap round 2 with Hack as the vessel for punitive judgment dudes literally a god kids got no chill lmao ps my predictions rnt predicts theyre spoilers

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
And now Week 3 is here, and here are the matchups:

Astounded vs. aim
Poek97 vs. Gunner Rohan
sin and victimization vs. Lacus Clyne
Lord Outrage vs. Edgar
Level 56 vs. Hack

After getting all but one prediction wrong last week, I'm going to sit this week out in terms of predictions.

Astounded vs aim and Level 56 vs Hack are the two particular standout games of this week, aim taking over from Oli as the wolfpack's ubers player following a rather poor start by Oli, and it's not at all like he's a bad pick for the slot, having the joint best record in Ubers in the last SPL ubers was in. After a game where Astounded got unlucky against Level 56, he'll want to make sure that he returns to winning ways against the poketuber. Level 56 vs Hack is the battle of the 2-0s, where we see a repeat of the Ubers Open Finals, and we can only hope that this game is as good as the first game of that series. Could go either way on this one, but Hack is probably in better form right now.

The other three games see Psychic Mewtwo relocated after doing better than anyone thought he could and going 2-0, with Poek97 replacing him to play Gunner Rohan, who lost last week due to a crit and is playing really well. A tough Ubers debut indeed, but if Poek can pull a win against Gunner he can probably give a tough game to anyone else playing ubers as well. SiV and Lacus are playing each other after both have had rather disappointing starts to the SPL campaign, and will both be looking to pick up a victory and use it to launch their SPL campaigns to higher levels of success. Finally, Lord Outrage and Edgar play each other, both players being known for their building means I'm expecting both good and interesting teams to come of this matchup.

Last edited:

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i did my best. Prepped w/ Tony and loved the squad i used. unfortunate frz since specs obl wing got me enough health to live max atk edge after i hit lunala/groudon once and 2hkod, he was rp 3 atks. Ran a ton of speed on groudon for opposing groudon but missed the blades, hit 2/3 but the frz killed the win. Course edge still could have crit yveltal so who knows. Only play i might have done dif was double yveltal on the lunala swap but either way if he froze me there i was useless anyway but coulda specs pulsed and unless crit blades on arc ground was game.

Edit: least i hit wisp this week heh

I think my game vs 56 was moderately good. It was definitely fun for the audience but there were some mildly embarrassing plays on both ends.

It was very clear Level 56 had prepared a bunch for the stall I used last week, which Kyurem-W 6-0s. The match up was sorta even though and it's nice to see that games aren't decided on preview as much these days.

I lead Lele as opposed to Exca since the prospect of taunt deters spore and Lele having a decent match up vs Kyurem-W (which woulda 2hkod everything from a lead spot), being able to take a timid specs ice beam. Psychic and nuzzle are exchanged, both players playing it safe. I decide to go Exca instantly as opposed to TTar as I'm sure he wouldn't have minded sand picking off Smeargle and I wanted to reveal my surprise move as I saw the timing to be fitting.

He has to spinblock which I can take advantage of easily through tox. Then I make the middle ground play, going Pdon rather than TTar both because of a potential Fblast but also because he's likely not specs due to Kyurem-W . I sorta assumed it was Z-hypno the whole time, which turned out the be a grave error. He goes Pdon so we end up in the ditto. I have to get out, but he takes advantage of that by guaranteeing himself a KO with Kyurem-W. TTar is sacked because Luna is already statused, sacking Lele was out of the question anyway (way too early).

Exca comes in and I have to make a play again. Since sand is up I feel pretty comfortable in spinning. Either I spin and die to I get spinblocked and live. Or I spin and his Smeargle dies, which is the best scenario for me and it is what happened.

I get sorta puzzled to why he sends in Pdon on turn 9 but I realize Exca is just lux at this point and I clock him with EQ. Then I play a few mindgames with spin before deciding on iron heading, with the dual purpose of catching Luna and putting Pdon into spin kill range. Luna comes in and hits focus blast.

This is probably where a lot of people, including myself, would say I misplayed. I would like to take a step back to defining the scenario first, however. Maybe I was assuming a bit too much but the general idea was that I thought if he was willing to lock himself into fblast, he must a way to beat Mence after. If you look into it more deeper, I'm pretty sure even that didn't matter. If he actually is non scarf, deo-a wins. If he isn't, which he was, mence likely wins. So yes, not going Mence was certainly a choke I will be regretting. It wasn't like the super clearest choke, you sorta had to plan out the end game in detail, but it is to be expected at this level I think.

After this point I think the game doesn't need more explaination, going Mence instead of Lele on Groundceus is actually a choke because espeed would still be able to hit Mence in terrain.

Too bad I couldn't perform better but gg Level 56. As usual very impressed by your progress and it's great that I have such a formidable competitor.

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Week 4 is upon us now, and with that comes a new week of matches.

Level 56 vs aim
Edgar vs sin and victimization
Minority vs Hack
psychicmewtwo vs Lacus Clyne
Gunner Rohan vs Astounded

Level 56 vs aim
Edgar vs sin and victimization
Minority vs Hack
psychicmewtwo vs Lacus Clyne
Gunner Rohan vs Astounded

Two Highlight games this week, between Level 56 and Aim, and Gunner Rohan and Astounded. In the Level 56 vs Aim matchup, I've given a slight edge to Level 56 here because I feel he knows the meta more and is in a hot run of form following his victories over what many people felt, coming into the season, were the other three best players. Very few can claim the ability to go 3-0 against Lord Outrage, Hack and Astounded in consecutive weeks, and I feel he will continue his dominance, despite aim having a 90% win last week. Aim's not out of it, but Level 56 is right now staking his claim for title of best Ubers player. In the Gunner Rohan vs Astounded matchup, I flipped a coin and it said Heads. These two are practically inseparable, both have played really well this season, but with Astounded's week 3 win coming down to a freeze, I feel Gunner edges him in terms of performance.

In the other matchups, following his loss last week to Edgar, Lord Outrage has been benched in favour of Minority, who will no doubt be eager to try and stake a claim on the starting slot for ubers for the Sharks. Unfortunately for him, there are very few harder SPL debuts in the entire competition than against Hack in Ubers, and I think it likely that Hack will bounce back from his own Week 3 loss. Sin faces Edgar, who has performed well so far this SPL, and will look to continue his winning run against the only remaining winless starter in Ubers. Given the two's respective performances, I feel he probably will. And finally PsychicMewtwo returns from his trip to OU to take on Lacus, fresh off of her win last week against Sin. This is the only game this week I dont feel confident predicting either way, PsychicMewtwo has not impressed me with his builds or his playing, but the same holds true with Lacus on the most part, and PM2 has a very respectable 3-0 record, which implies he's doing something right at least.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
if u wanna go the extra mile you should totally link the bracket listings to the replays of the match after the fact, seeing as nobody else has bothered to make the spl replay thread :3

edit @ klefkwi's post: lol didnt even notice that, but all the same a nice little ubers-specific thread couldnt hurt

Last edited:

overdose

formerly charizardfan49
Week 5 Pairings

Lacus Clyne vs Lord Outrage
Gunner Rohan vs Level 56
The Trap God vs FAJI
Astounded
vs Edgar
Hack vs Fireburn

Lacus Clyne vs Lord Outrage
Gunner Rohan
vs Level 56
The Trap God vs FAJI
Astounded vs Edgar
Hack vs Fireburn

Should be a fun week after Mids with 3 new debuts :)

Last edited:

overdose

formerly charizardfan49
Week 6 Pairings

Gunner Rohan vs Hack
Fireburn vs Minority
Level 56 vs FAJI
The Trap God vs Edgar
Lacus Clyde vs Astounded

Gunner Rohan vs Hack
Fireburn vs Minority
Level 56
vs FAJI
The Trap God vs Edgar
Lacus Clyde vs Astounded

Starting from the top, I don't think it's expected that Hack would have the record he does and I don't think he drops a game twice in a row. What makes me feel unsure about choosing one way or the other, is Hack has lost both of his matchups when using an offensive team. I think this while cause him to go to some variant of a fat team which Gunner can exploit to his advantage. Then again, it's Hack, versatile and adept player so it can go either way. I think it's interesting to see Minority starting again after the cold streak from Lord Outrage. Fireburn impressed me, and many others i'd like to hope, in his debut as I personally haven't seen him play. Still, I don't think that Minority will go 0-2 in SPL and he preps well so I give the favor to him. Level 56 is pretty self explainitory in my opinion as he's facing an OU main, while doing well in his debut, I don't see him being caught off guard by Omfuga-esque techs. I also don't see The Trap God going 0-2 after losing his debut in a tough matchup. Although Edgar is good, I can see him bringing some Celesteela fat balance team that The Trap God will make sure to have answers for. Astounded is also a titan of this game as should have a fairly straightforward win vs Lacus Clyne imo.

Crazy how only 6/10 starters from Week 1 are still starting right now on a side note.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Gunner Rohan vs Hack
Fireburn vs Minority
Level 56 vs FAJI
The Trap God vs Edgar
Lacus Clyne vs Astounded

Some nice matchups this week, particularly looking forward to Gunner vs Hack and Lacus vs Astounded!

Gunner Rohan vs Hack - damn I simply can't win with offense amirite
Fireburn vs Minority - whoever gets lucky with the match up wins
Level 56 vs FAJI - you can bet your bottom dollar he won't get unlucky with match up
The Trap God vs Edgar - cool game
Lacus Clyde vs Astounded -magically brings a lead team that lacus doesn't prepare for

Mysterious M

Sic mundus creatus est
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Gunner Rohan vs Hack - Really interesting matchup
Fireburn vs Minority
Level 56 vs FAJI
The Trap God vs
Edgar
Lacus Clyne
vs Astounded - Really interesting matchup

Reactions: hyw
252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Arceus-Water: 228-270 (51.3 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Splash Plate Arceus-Water Judgment vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario-Mega: 304-358 (108.1 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Arceus-Water Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario-Mega: 248-292 (88.2 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Gunner Rohan vs Hack: to be honest, i wouldn't want to face hack after he comes off a loss. angry hack is a scary hack. i expect the fullest extent of hacks to be employed in this match.

Fireburn vs Minority: hmm, a curious match up seeing as i have yet to see either of the two play a lot. this said, after considering both of their performances in SPL and room tours, i'm gonna go with fireburp; he did come out on top of the swede lord hack in the hunger games extravaganza of tier leaders, something which minority ultimately failed to do.

Level 56 vs FAJI: level 56 just hit level 5-0 and is about to ascend past 56 to 6-0. ain't nothing stopping this man.

The Trap God vs Edgar: edgar has been playing better than expected in this SPL for sure, but TTG gonna come back with a mad vengeance and #trap this man's soul.

Lacus Clyde vs Astounded: i don't really understand how astounded has managed to come out 4-1 using basically slight variations of his week 1 spikes stack offense over and over, but he's doing it. i look forward to seeing what magical lead he brings out this round [secretly hoping for crustle].

I'd just like to bring attention to a man who has surpassed all expectations and has proven himself to be one of the best, if not the best, Ubers player in the tournament.
Level 56 vs FAJI - you can bet your bottom dollar he won't get unlucky with match up
Level 56 vs FAJI: level 56 just hit level 5-0 and is about to ascend past 56 to 6-0. ain't nothing stopping this man.
Despite the above examples of disrespect, such as Hack's trivialization of FAJI's Week 5 win over The Trap God as a simple matchup victory, this renowned lower tier player is now 2-0 in Ubers. After defeating the previously undefeated Level 56, the #3 player in the Power Rankings who happened to beat both Hack and Astounded, I think that it is safe to say that FAJI has proven himself as a very capable battler. FAJI's next 3 games will be against Gunner Rohan, Hack, and whoever the Sharks decide to feed to this beast. I think it is very realistic that he finishes with an undefeated record, and ends up with arguably the most dominant Ubers performance in this SPL. His performance this week simply reinforces this possibility. In an act of desperation, Level 56 managed to catch FAJI off guard with an Ingrain + Geomancy Xerneas. However, with his plethora of battling experience, he knew not to panic, and swiftly defeated this threat with his Muk. Petty tricks and surprises will not be enough to topple him. I hope FAJI's future opponents give him the respect and attention he deserves, instead of merely labeling him as a misfit who has no chance of success in this tier as they did with psychicmewtwo.

Fear not, however. If you wish to have insight into the mind of this Pokemon master, our friend Afro Smash has a video that will allow you to truly experience a battle through the eyes of FAJI. After understanding his thought process, maybe the Ubers community can find a way to defeat him.

overdose

formerly charizardfan49
Heres an updated post for the first post you can use Aberforth:

So with the Auction yesterday, we now know for certain who is playing in this SPL, and with Ubers back in it after being forced to sit out last year. We also know the weekly matchups, and so this seems as good a time as any to make a general thread about the upcoming SPL. This thread will be used to discuss the games that have happened, teams, the draft, innovations seen in SPL and discussion over upcoming (highlight) games.

First, congratulations to the ubers players who got drafted! As a reminder, here they are, with the expected starter bolded:

Sharks - dice, Lord Outrage, Minority
Classiest - sin and victimization
Wolfpack - PROBLEMS, aim
Ruiners - Astounded, Pohjis
Cryonicles - psychicmewtwo, Ice Tea
Scooters - Gunner Rohan, Mr.378
Tigers - Edgar, Steve Angello
Raiders - Hack
BIGs - Level 56
Falcons - zf, Lacus Clyne

Week 6 is upon is with some exciting matches to come!

[SCTR] Gunner Rohan vs. Hack [RAID]
[CRYO] Fireburn vs Minority [SHRK]
[BIGS] Level 56 vs FAJI [CONG]
[WOLF] The Trap God vs Edgar [TGRS]
[FLCN] Lacus Clyne vs Astounded [RUIN]

For Week 1, two games stand out as being obvious highlight matches, Level 56 vs Lord Outrage pairing off two of the best Ubers players over the last two years against each other right from the start, and the pairing of two veterans of the Ubers tier together in Hack and Edgar. I personally feel like Level 56 might have a very slight edge against Lord Outrage in the first matchup, with ragey having been inactive for about 4 months now, and being rusty while playing Level 56 is a difficult task, although I fully expect ragey to finish with a top 2 record this SPL, and he has the ability to go toe to toe with anyone if his rust is shaken off quickly enough.​

Meanwhile in the Hack and Edgar matchup, Hack has the upper hand, having played while Edgar was inactive, and also performing better than anyone else in Ubers, having won the Open without even dropping a game. However, Edgar is no slouch, and even though Hack has an advantage, he will need to make sure he doesn't make any mistakes.

After Week 1's results, we have 2 particularly highlight games this week, with Hack looking to build on his success from last week and start dominating by taking out the only other veteran he has not played, Problems. However Oli has frequently been Hack's bogeyman, with Hack never having beaten Oli in an official tour. History is on Problem's side, but Hack is the form player of this SPL, not having dropped a game in 6 months, and this could well be the year he breaks that no-win streak.

Meanwhile in the other highlight game, we go from veterans to rookies, at least in the SPL scene. Level 56 and Astounded are both 1-0 in their first SPL season and both of the ORAS powerhouses are going to look to make a statement here that they are just as good in Sun and Moon as they were in ORAS.

Astounded vs aim and Level 56 vs Hack are the two particular standout games of this week, aim taking over from Oli as the wolfpack's ubers player following a rather poor start by Oli, and it's not at all like he's a bad pick for the slot, having the joint best record in Ubers in the last SPL ubers was in. After a game where Astounded got unlucky against Level 56, he'll want to make sure that he returns to winning ways against the poketuber. Level 56 vs Hack is the battle of the 2-0s, where we see a repeat of the Ubers Open Finals, and we can only hope that this game is as good as the first game of that series. Could go either way on this one, but Hack is probably in better form right now.

The other three games see Psychic Mewtwo relocated after doing better than anyone thought he could and going 2-0, with Poek97 replacing him to play Gunner Rohan, who lost last week due to a crit and is playing really well. A tough Ubers debut indeed, but if Poek can pull a win against Gunner he can probably give a tough game to anyone else playing ubers as well. SiV and Lacus are playing each other after both have had rather disappointing starts to the SPL campaign, and will both be looking to pick up a victory and use it to launch their SPL campaigns to higher levels of success. Finally, Lord Outrage and Edgar play each other, both players being known for their building means I'm expecting both good and interesting teams to come of this matchup.

Two Highlight games this week, between Level 56 and Aim, and Gunner Rohan and Astounded. In the Level 56 vs Aim matchup, I've given a slight edge to Level 56 here because I feel he knows the meta more and is in a hot run of form following his victories over what many people felt, coming into the season, were the other three best players. Very few can claim the ability to go 3-0 against Lord Outrage, Hack and Astounded in consecutive weeks, and I feel he will continue his dominance, despite aim having a 90% win last week. Aim's not out of it, but Level 56 is right now staking his claim for title of best Ubers player. In the Gunner Rohan vs Astounded matchup, I flipped a coin and it said Heads. These two are practically inseparable, both have played really well this season, but with Astounded's week 3 win coming down to a freeze, I feel Gunner edges him in terms of performance.

In the other matchups, following his loss last week to Edgar, Lord Outrage has been benched in favour of Minority, who will no doubt be eager to try and stake a claim on the starting slot for ubers for the Sharks. Unfortunately for him, there are very few harder SPL debuts in the entire competition than against Hack in Ubers, and I think it likely that Hack will bounce back from his own Week 3 loss. Sin faces Edgar, who has performed well so far this SPL, and will look to continue his winning run against the only remaining winless starter in Ubers. Given the two's respective performances, I feel he probably will. And finally PsychicMewtwo returns from his trip to OU to take on Lacus, fresh off of her win last week against Sin. This is the only game this week I dont feel confident predicting either way, PsychicMewtwo has not impressed me with his builds or his playing, but the same holds true with Lacus on the most part, and PM2 has a very respectable 3-0 record, which implies he's doing something right at least.

After seasonal we saw a lot of changes in the SPL Ubers lineup. Two new additions to the SPL Ubers cast come in The Trap God, Fireburn, and FAJI. While The Trap God faces relatively unknown OU main FAJI, Fireburn has to face Hack coming off of a loss for his debut. Highlight matches include Lacus Clyne vs Lord Outrage after his 2 week hiatus and also Gunner Rohan vs Level 56 as he hopes to extend his undefeated streak. Also, Astounded looks to pick up a win to solidify his already impressive win while Edgar looks to steal a win from Astounded, after starting a bit slow, but picking up pace as the season went on

Usage Stats:
Thanks Eo for telling me how to do this :)

Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + --- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use | Usage % |  Win %  |
| -    | Arceus-*           |  49 |  98.00% |  51.02% |
| 1    | Groudon            |  49 |  98.00% |  48.98% |
| 2    | Xerneas            |  19 |  38.00% |  57.89% |
| 3    | Arceus-Ground      |  18 |  36.00% |  33.33% |
| 4    | Gengar             |  15 |  30.00% |  60.00% |
| 4    | Yveltal            |  15 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Lucario            |  14 |  28.00% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Lunala             |  12 |  24.00% |  58.33% |
| 7    | Salamence          |  12 |  24.00% |  41.67% |
| 9    | Muk-Alola          |  10 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Ho-Oh              |  10 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Arceus-Dark        |   9 |  18.00% |  77.78% |
| 12   | Celesteela         |   8 |  16.00% |  75.00% |
| 13   | Giratina-Origin    |   7 |  14.00% |  42.86% |
| 14   | Arceus             |   6 |  12.00% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Kyogre             |   6 |  12.00% |  16.67% |
| 14   | Excadrill          |   6 |  12.00% |  16.67% |
| 17   | Zygarde            |   5 |  10.00% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Arceus-Water       |   5 |  10.00% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Dialga             |   5 |  10.00% |  60.00% |
| 17   | Magearna           |   5 |  10.00% |  20.00% |
| 21   | Lugia              |   4 |   8.00% |  75.00% |
| 21   | Smeargle           |   4 |   8.00% |  75.00% |
| 21   | Ferrothorn         |   4 |   8.00% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Arceus-Fairy       |   4 |   8.00% |  25.00% |
| 21   | Deoxys-Attack      |   4 |   8.00% |  25.00% |
| 26   | Slowbro            |   3 |   6.00% |  66.67% |
| 26   | Chansey            |   3 |   6.00% |  33.33% |
| 26   | Blissey            |   3 |   6.00% |  33.33% |
| 26   | Tyranitar          |   3 |   6.00% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Mewtwo             |   2 |   4.00% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Arceus-Ghost       |   2 |   4.00% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Rayquaza           |   2 |   4.00% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Tapu Lele          |   2 |   4.00% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Sableye            |   2 |   4.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Landorus           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Giratina           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Solgaleo           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Cloyster           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Aerodactyl         |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Aegislash          |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Deoxys-Speed       |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Froslass           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Forretress         |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Kyurem-White       |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Clefable           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Bronzong           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Dugtrio            |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Palkia             |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Shuckle            |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Arceus-Dragon      |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Darkrai            |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Arceus-Rock        |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Klefki             |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |

Last edited:
I think that the usage stats are very interesting and defy many of conventional wisdom about SM ubers.

WINNERS of SPL SM ubers
| 2 | Xerneas | 19 | 38.00% | 57.89% |
Xerneas is good?! No way.
| 4 | Gengar | 15 | 30.00% | 60.00% |
The best mega with usage and win rate combined. Not surprising for me but it may shock the Lucario and Salamence fans.
| 7 | Lunala | 12 | 24.00% | 58.33% |
I think that it's odd how Lunala is performing well despite of the abundance of dark types in the meta including hard counter and pursuit trapper Muk-Alola.
| 11 | Arceus-Dark | 9 | 18.00% | 77.78% |
I didn't expect this. This may be the first gen where Darkceus is actually legitimately good.
| 12 | Celesteela | 8 | 16.00% | 75.00% |
Ban Celesteela
| 17 | Zygarde | 5 | 10.00% | 80.00% |
GGlare is a broken move. The winrate clearly reflects it.
| 17 | Arceus-Water | 5 | 10.00% | 80.00% |
I usually rag on waterceus but I gotta admit that it's doing well so far!

LOSERS of SPL SM ubers
|
3 | Arceus-Ground | 18 | 36.00% | 33.33% |
Is it time to switch back to Arceus-water?
| 4 | Yveltal | 15 | 30.00% | 33.33% |
I think I can safely say that nobody really expected Yveltal to perform this poorly. On paper, Yveltal have EVERYTHING for this metagame, yet it's falling flat. Why?
| 7 | Salamence | 12 | 24.00% | 41.67% |
Just use superior mega Gengarite already :^)
| 14 | Kyogre | 6 | 12.00% | 16.67% |
Despite of the complete lack of common pogre check outside of Groudon in tier, this pokemon is doing poorly. Is it set choices or it's just an objectively bad pokemon?
| 14 | Excadrill | 6 | 12.00% | 16.67% |
Sand / Mold breaker SR appear to be not working out at all.
| 17 | Magearna | 5 | 10.00% | 20.00% |
I expected this number for a xern/yveltal check that does basically nothing else.

Last edited:

overdose

formerly charizardfan49
Week 7 is up with two new debuts to the SPL Ubers scene!

[RUIN] Astounded vs. Fireburn [CRYO]
[CONG] FAJI vs. Gunner Rohan [SCTR]
[FLCN] Lacus Clyne vs. BKC [RAID]
[WOLF] The Trap God vs. Minority [SHRK]
[BIGS] Level 56 vs. Mazar [TGRS]

I'll add a description later, people just wanted this done ASAP :)

For Week 1, two games stand out as being obvious highlight matches, Level 56 vs Lord Outrage pairing off two of the best Ubers players over the last two years against each other right from the start, and the pairing of two veterans of the Ubers tier together in Hack and Edgar. I personally feel like Level 56 might have a very slight edge against Lord Outrage in the first matchup, with ragey having been inactive for about 4 months now, and being rusty while playing Level 56 is a difficult task, although I fully expect ragey to finish with a top 2 record this SPL, and he has the ability to go toe to toe with anyone if his rust is shaken off quickly enough.​

Meanwhile in the Hack and Edgar matchup, Hack has the upper hand, having played while Edgar was inactive, and also performing better than anyone else in Ubers, having won the Open without even dropping a game. However, Edgar is no slouch, and even though Hack has an advantage, he will need to make sure he doesn't make any mistakes.

After Week 1's results, we have 2 particularly highlight games this week, with Hack looking to build on his success from last week and start dominating by taking out the only other veteran he has not played, Problems. However Oli has frequently been Hack's bogeyman, with Hack never having beaten Oli in an official tour. History is on Problem's side, but Hack is the form player of this SPL, not having dropped a game in 6 months, and this could well be the year he breaks that no-win streak.

Meanwhile in the other highlight game, we go from veterans to rookies, at least in the SPL scene. Level 56 and Astounded are both 1-0 in their first SPL season and both of the ORAS powerhouses are going to look to make a statement here that they are just as good in Sun and Moon as they were in ORAS.

After seasonal we saw a lot of changes in the SPL Ubers lineup. Two new additions to the SPL Ubers cast come in The Trap God, Fireburn, and FAJI. While The Trap God faces relatively unknown OU main FAJI, Fireburn has to face Hack coming off of a loss for his debut. Highlight matches include Lacus Clyne vs Lord Outrage after his 2 week hiatus and also Gunner Rohan vs Level 56 as he hopes to extend his undefeated streak. Also, Astounded looks to pick up a win to solidify his already impressive win while Edgar looks to steal a win from Astounded, after starting a bit slow, but picking up pace as the season went on

[SCTR] Gunner Rohan vs. Hack [RAID]
[CRYO] Fireburn vs Minority [SHRK]
[BIGS] Level 56 vs FAJI [CONG]
[WOLF] The Trap God vs Edgar [TGRS]
[FLCN] Lacus Clyne vs Astounded [RUIN]

Usage Stats as of the end of Week 5:

Code:
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use | Usage % |  Win %  |
| -    | Arceus-*           |  49 |  98.00% |  51.02% |
| 1    | Groudon            |  49 |  98.00% |  48.98% |
| 2    | Xerneas            |  19 |  38.00% |  57.89% |
| 3    | Arceus-Ground      |  18 |  36.00% |  33.33% |
| 4    | Gengar             |  15 |  30.00% |  60.00% |
| 4    | Yveltal            |  15 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Lucario            |  14 |  28.00% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Lunala             |  12 |  24.00% |  58.33% |
| 7    | Salamence          |  12 |  24.00% |  41.67% |
| 9    | Muk-Alola          |  10 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Ho-Oh              |  10 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Arceus-Dark        |   9 |  18.00% |  77.78% |
| 12   | Celesteela         |   8 |  16.00% |  75.00% |
| 13   | Giratina-Origin    |   7 |  14.00% |  42.86% |
| 14   | Arceus             |   6 |  12.00% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Kyogre             |   6 |  12.00% |  16.67% |
| 14   | Excadrill          |   6 |  12.00% |  16.67% |
| 17   | Zygarde            |   5 |  10.00% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Arceus-Water       |   5 |  10.00% |  80.00% |
| 17   | Dialga             |   5 |  10.00% |  60.00% |
| 17   | Magearna           |   5 |  10.00% |  20.00% |
| 21   | Lugia              |   4 |   8.00% |  75.00% |
| 21   | Smeargle           |   4 |   8.00% |  75.00% |
| 21   | Ferrothorn         |   4 |   8.00% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Arceus-Fairy       |   4 |   8.00% |  25.00% |
| 21   | Deoxys-Attack      |   4 |   8.00% |  25.00% |
| 26   | Slowbro            |   3 |   6.00% |  66.67% |
| 26   | Chansey            |   3 |   6.00% |  33.33% |
| 26   | Blissey            |   3 |   6.00% |  33.33% |
| 26   | Tyranitar          |   3 |   6.00% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Mewtwo             |   2 |   4.00% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Arceus-Ghost       |   2 |   4.00% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Rayquaza           |   2 |   4.00% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Tapu Lele          |   2 |   4.00% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Sableye            |   2 |   4.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Landorus           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Giratina           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Solgaleo           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Cloyster           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Aerodactyl         |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Aegislash          |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Deoxys-Speed       |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Froslass           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Forretress         |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Kyurem-White       |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Clefable           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Bronzong           |   1 |   2.00% | 100.00% |
| 35   | Dugtrio            |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Palkia             |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Shuckle            |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Arceus-Dragon      |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Darkrai            |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Arceus-Rock        |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |
| 35   | Klefki             |   1 |   2.00% |   0.00% |

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Another week's gone by, and we have two more Ubers' SPL players down. What started off as an extremely elite group of players, has now turned into anyone's opportunity to pick up a bat and attempt to hit a home run. Looks like Ubers is in shambles again - a more different route than last SPL, but we seem to cross the same path again.

Anyway, here are my predicts for once:

[RUIN] Astounded (60) vs. (40) Fireburn [CRYO] - Hard to predict against Astounded when he's been steamrolling almost all of his opponent's so far, Birefurn should put up a good fight anyway so I'm looking forward to this one.
[CONG] Omfuga vs. Gunner Rohan [SCTR]
[FLCN] Lacus Clyne (48) vs. (52) BKC [RAID] - I would almost never predict against an Ubers main, but I've heard BKC has picked up SM Ubers from its origin and some of his seasonal games were pretty good. Playing ability shouldn't be an issue, it'll come down to the teams both bring, and Lacus has been underwhelming in that department.
[WOLF] The Trap God (50) vs. (50) Minority [SHRK] - Don't know much about either player, however both earned wins last week so I'd like to think it's an even playing field.
[BIGS] Level 56 (80) vs. (20) Mazar [TGRS] - Hard to give Level's opponents any chance, I don't think this will have the same outcome as last week.

EDIT: FREE POHJIS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)