Project SM Ubers Teambuilding Competition (Round #10: Free Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loloartsi

Banned deucer.

This is the first idea I came up with so dont expect much lol

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

The set I chose is the standard mixquaza, since the combo of draco meteor and ascent threatens pretty much every wall in the tier bar lugia. This thing is really good at pressuring foggers and bulky mons however its average speed and low bulk hinders its capabilities against more offensive teams. Ascent is your main spam STAB while draco hits physical walls. V-create destroys steels and espeed picks off weakened threats.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nuzzle
- Taunt
- Rapid Spin
- Sticky Web

Now, since rayquaza is threatened by faster attackers such as marshadow that are abundant in this meta, webs came up to my head. I used to have Shuckle here instead of Smeargle, however I ended up with Smeargle here since its better at keeping hazards off on your side. Shuckle is another option here though. The set is pretty self explanatory, nuzzle whats faster and taunt whats slower. Another option here is spore>spin so you match up better against opposing webbers.

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Next we have Lando-t as the crucial support mon, it sets up rocks, acts as a soft check to things like rp pdon sd groundceus and ekiller and is the support ceus bane. Just to put in perspective:

+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Explosion vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Arceus-Ground: 451-531 (101.5 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

so it really helps to keep hazards on the field, z fly is a far better option but im forced to run explosion because of z geo xern is in the team. You can run z fly but then youre forced to run fairyceus which is a mon that doesnt fit in webs as well as xern imo.

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail
- Swords Dance

Now, luke is an absolute monster in webs, nigh-mandatory to every webs team imo but its here not only for random cc button mashing. It puts incredible pressure on defensive teams, doesnt get ohkoed by non-heat wave yveltal, and helps to kill geoxern which is still a threat to this team. After a SD, it breaks past everything non-resistant and webs decimate revenge killers. CC is ur strongest stab, iron tail is for xern, fairyceus and gira o, and bp helps to damage faster threats like +2 xern and flying types.

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Ingrain
- Rest

Z geo xern acts as the stallbreaker, late game sweeper, and as a defensive check to ray, mence and yveltal. Because steels are threatened by like 4 mons in this team, a defensive xern set is usable. Moonblast is your only attack, geo is geo, ingrain stops roar and wwind from phazing you and rest removes status and heals up. The speed evs are to win the mirror match against normal geoxern, and 172 def lets you still take a +1 double edge from mence with rocks up.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Eruption
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The mvp of this team, mixed eruption don may seem odd but monsters look odd, right (0/5 joke). eruption deals atleast 50% to anything not named pogre or blob, pblades is for blobs and pogre thatd otherwise wall this set, rock slide hits ho-oh, and hp ice hits mence, zygarde and rayquaza. The speed evs are to outrun mgar after webs.

Conclusion: This team has to be played carefully, since one mistake can lead you to lose webs and ending with a loss. With webs up, this team can fare against anything. As a note, this team is strong especially against stall teams bc once poison types/magearnas are eliminated z geo xern will just trash the shit out of it.

Enjoy

Ok, guys I really appreciate you writing a lot about the teambuilding process and the team itself, but you need not go into that much detail about the team. One line for each Pokémon is more than enough. It doesn't have to be in RMT format.
In your description though, you must state the reason for having that Pokémon on the team (how it assists the said Pokémon/the team as a whole).
If you want a example, you can take a look at Fireburn 's post by clicking here.

Last edited:

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Aqua Tail
- Extreme Speed

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Naive Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Yeet On Em! (Yveltal) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Water You Doin? (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

• DD Rayquaza is great in late game, extremely underrated since people always expect mixed nowadays. Was previously EQ, but AT worked better on the ladder and it would've been more beneficial in Uber Open, so that was fixed
  • Yveltal is a good support, really helps dealing with Lugia and a good answer for those pesky Marshadow
  • Speaking of, Marshadow makes the team to help with Lando, Ekiller Arceus, Gengar-M, and priority to help Rayquaza pick off threats. Was previously Life Orb, but I found that Sash was nice for stealing stat boosts and allowing a safety net
  • Similarily, Lucario fits the same purpose as Marshadow with some hard hitting priority, helping with things like Darkrai and Xerneas, which is a massive threat
  • Groudon joins for Rocks and also helps with setup threats like Xerneas, it's a given on any Uber team tbh
  • and Arceus-Water replaces Kyogre because I realized hazard stacking was a pain and I needed a Zygarde check

Last edited:
Rayquaza ft. Greninja.

Team based on Rayquaza as it is the chosen mon. I like it competitively and have good design. Not much to say, set LO mixed. Well, I came up with some sort of offensive team with Spikes / TSpikes Greninja and SR PDon to make good pressure on the opponent. It is very useful. Mawile is my favorite mons and covers well of threats like Yveltal although it does not always fit well. Foul Play and Rock Slide as a curiosity for Ho-Oh and PDon, which to this is usually 40% or depends, not bad. My Marsh is the same set that is Scarf to have an answer to things like the Scarf Yveltal itself or Geo Xerneas. From the little used has given me my god victories. GroundCeus as offensive type / form because I thought it the best option without a doubt, it is my Z move contributor. Sub allows not to fit status and thus be more dangerous.

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Rock Slide
- Foul Play
- Iron Head

Marshadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

Arceus-Ground @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

This week I originally wanted to use a sticky web team that abused choice banded ray and paired it with Mega-Salamance and Marshadow. I quickly realized that while it Had a good match-up vs opposing offense I could not keep support Arceus forms from defogging, and after removing webs they could just switch out to get a fast recover later. I then had to take a new approach.

I obviously had to keep ray and I also wanted to keep he pairing with Salamance so I decided to add Gothitelle. Gothitelle beats the support Arceus forms that defeat Rayquaza and Mega-Salamence 1v1, prevent SD Arceus from setting up, and can beat things like defensive ho-oh if it come in at full on a roost or if you predict the switch. Mega-Salamance makes a great Rayquaza partner as they share the same checks and they both have very few checks outside the support Arceus forms which we can lure and trap Effectivly on this team. It also provides great defensive utility as a ho-oh, E-killer and P-don check. We start off the second half of the team by adding Magearna as it beats both Xerneas and Yveltal who are both huge threats to this. Next we have Mr.Staple himself, Primal-Groudon, It gives us rocks support, and ogre check, a secondary xern check, and can pressure stall as well. Finally is Arceus-Fairy, it gives a Yveltal switch in if we needs to keep Magearna healthier then it is and never needs to take a 1 for 1 toxic with other Arceus because of goth. If Provides a needed defogger, handles Marshadow and checks opposing Dragon-Birds. Arceus Fairy also enjoys that P-don, Goth and Ray all remove annoying steel types. I think this teams effectively allow Rayquaza and Salamence to work effectively while also doing a solid job of handling most of the threats in the meta.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Facade

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Charm
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Toxic
- Recover

Oh boy... here we go.

Ray's role in this team is to sweep up late game (or wall break). However, I wanted to make more use out its ability to spread toxic on pokes that think they can set up it. Xerneas with Aromatherapy is the only poke that gets around that. Tapu LeLe is EXCELLENT in removing priority moves with Psychic Terrain. This has the potential of eliminating threats like Marshadow (if is doesn't have Choice Scarf). LeLe can also revenge kill if need be. This team needs defog/stealth rocks and Fairy-Arc does the job well. This also gives Pdon more room in its moveslots for more offensive options. Ferro is there to be a nuissance if anything. Setting up spikes, Leech Seeding and Being a Xerneas POgre check. Mega Gengar provides a nice core with Ray and Lele from spreading status, setting Psychic Terrain and trapping threats. I hope this is enough info on this team. It's kinda late, but I wanted to post this as I love Ray. lol

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 SpA / 184 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Extreme Speed

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Beth (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Judgment
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Reflect Type
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 224 Atk / 152 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Last edited:
Mixed Rayquaza Toxic Spikes

Rayquaza along with Toxic Spikes exerts immense pressure to defensive teams. Cloyster sets T Spikes, remove hazards for the team and beats Deoxys-S and Excadrill in a lead battle. PDon sets Stealth Rocks and checks Fairies like Xerneas plus Steels and Rock types that Rayquaza has trouble with and Primal Kyogre. Mega Lucario forms a deadly wall-breaking core with Rayquaza and helps beat down its checks such as Dialga, Celesteela, Waterceus, Rockceus, Fairyceus. It has Stone Edge instead of Iron Tail to lure Ho-Oh and its Adamant nature to guarantee an OKHO on defensive Ho-Oh. The Marshadow meta right now is the reason why Fairyceus is used. It has Toxic to poison Ground immune mons especially Lugia and Ho-Oh or otherwise walls Fairyceus and serves as back up to T-Spikes if the hazard is somehow removed. Scarf Lunala is this team’s revenge killer and essential for checking E-Killer and SD Arceus and threatens Psyspam teams.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- Extreme Speed

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 88 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock

Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Judgment
- Earth Power

Lunala @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Last edited:
Great work everyone. Team Skull Sucks , welcome to smogon :D
So that's the end of the building phase for round 10. Time to vote for your favorite team. You have 6 teams to choose from, which are as follows:
1. Loloartsi -
2. BlameTheBlax -
3. sassyaccident -
4. K Legacy -
5. catsarecooldude -
6. Team Skull Sucks -

[Note: You can click on the images to see the description about the teambuilding process]
The voting phase will end on the 31st of July at 12:00am gmt -4. Good Luck.

Last edited:

Mega-Blaziken after a Swords Dance can be an incredible sweeper and can create dents into the strongest of walls. Low Kick is honestly good enough after some chip damage (stealth rocks and various of my other mons). Stone Edge is for HoOh, Lugia and Giratina-O if Magearna and Xerneas are fainted. Magearna is one of the special walls that can pivot and eliminate Mega-Blaziken's checks. Xerneas is there mainly to check Marshadow, Yveltal and a status absorber. Primal-Kyogre is there to deal with Arceus-Ground and mainly to absorb hits. Pdon is there because ...... why not? More of an offensive variant with stealth rock. Dragon Claw is to eliminate Giratina, but fire punch might be better for Ferrothorn. Arceus-Dark is the defogger and my second special tank.

Blazn (Blaziken-Mega) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
- Geomancy
- Rest

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 160 Atk / 152 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Claw

Locus (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Judgment
- Toxic

The team was obviously built around SD M Blaze. At first I had a support Fairyceus to handle the bulky mons that Blaze couldn’t break through but I realized that a lot of the teams I’ve been building lately have been crazy weak to Lunala so I decided to roll with Darkceus pretty cool set at that. Whirlpool+Perish Song is pretty cool alongside M Blaze as Darkceus either traps the switch-in or forces them out with Judgment such as Giratina/Giratina-O, support Arcues forms, and Zygarde. The rest of the team is pretty self-explanatory. Scarf Xern for revenge killing, standard PDon, Gira-O as the ground resist and hazard remover and Mag as the Xern check.

A little weak to Mence as the only flying resist is Mag but it has to stay healthy for potential Xerns. Luke can be an issue if Gira and PDon have been worn down. Xern has a very high chance of KOing Luke before and after SR and the defense EV’s on Xern guarantees +2 BP to never OHKO from 100%.
Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Whirlpool
- Judgment
- Recover
- Perish Song

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 176 Def / 88 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Sleep Talk
- Aromatherapy

Magearna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Dragon Tail

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades
- Roar

Last edited:

mags

Banned deucer.

I'm definetly not new to ubers but I stopped playing sumo ubers about a month after it came out so I'm new to it. I do however test, build and talk about the metagame a ton with a bunch of good players so I know most of it. That's why I decided to give building a try with mblaze. The team is pretty simple ho that starts off with the lead excadrill. This lead will make sure you can get up rocks vs stall which is extremely important because without rocks the matchup vs stall becomes extremely difficult. The mega blaze set is pretty standard except it's packing earthquake because of the rise of toxapex. This lure can make the matchup vs stall a lot easier too because pex is very hard to take down and also punishes this team with toxic spikes. Primal Groudon is the standard double dance set. I chose this set because with rocks up it's extremely dangerous. Xerneas is scarf because of the high usage with marshadow. It's able to revenge kill and switch into closecombats then catch it off guard if it stays in. Giratino Origin was chosen as the ghost type on this team because I really needed a solid pdon switchin and I couldn't use mmence since I already have a mega. The stone edge on this set is to lure out hooh because the rest of the team struggles vs it. This helps open up blaze to sweep or for xern to clean. The last mon is ekiller which has really gone down in usage because of marshadow basically making it shit. This offense really needed a secondary xern check and priority is pretty much needed on all offensive teams. I think ekiller is fine on here because xern can come in on the cc and then surprise it. On top of that I'm running a set that I created awhile ago but kinda seemed pointless to run until now. It's like the sub lefties set except with salac berry instead of lefties so you can sub down and eventually get more speed so you can outspeed some common ghost types like marsh and mgar. Between blaze, scarf xern and salac ekiller the team is really fast making it harder for other offensive teams to revenge kill. The team also has two very important lures, aroma on xern and lead exca to make sure you have a chance vs stall.
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 176 HP / 224 Atk / 32 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 228 Def / 212 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Stone Edge

Arceus @ Salac Berry
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Substitute

So this is my mega-blaziken team. I wanted to pair it with Tapu Lele for two reasons, the first is that mega-blazakin is annoyed by priority and Tapu Lele neutralizes that threat. Tapu Lele also baits in steel types and ho-oh which blaziken beats. Sticking with the lele theme we add Deo-A as it tears through most teams under terrain. Next we add excadrill as it's the most surefire way to get up rocks without allowing your opponent to set up rocks. Next we have Pdon as an ogre and Xern check. Then finally we have toxic scarf yveltal to help with supportceus and get momentum. Overall the team is able to use blaziken effectively while abusing terrain effectively and is able to handle xern if groudon is kept healthy. The dual scarfers help a ton against opposing offense and the coverage moves on blaziken and Groudon allow me to bait and remove checks.

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Toxic

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish

Alright that's the end of the building phase. Now it's time to vote for your favorite team. The teams are given below:

Team 1: catsarecooldude -
Team 2: Lupe Wilde -
Team 3: magsyy -
Team 4: K Legacy -

[You may click on the images to see the teambuilding description]
You have time till the 6th of August at 12:00am gmt -4. Good luck.

Note: This teambuilding competition started a few weeks after the release of Marshadow. Hence the teams built before this competition (in the previous teambuilding competition) will not be considered. The team archive will contain only the teams of this competition. This round will now be considered as round #3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)