Metagame SM Ubers Sets Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This klefki set is definitely extremely niche and if it was used it would definitely not be to check xern, given if you switch into xern it'll just go out into something like Primal Groudon and you don't even have many utility options which would at least preserve some momentum. With CM you take ~25 on the switchin and do maybe 10% to whatever switches in. If you go for Toxic/Spikes all the time that defeats the purpose of using a CM set, especially given key's lack of reliable recovery, in which case you'd be better off running the common set anyway. Fairy/Steel coverage isn't the best, the only notable thing Flash Cannon hitting being Mega Gengar. With that said I would still run both STABs and Toxic in the last slot so Ho-oh/pdon don't come in and wall it all day. Spikes is probably the next best option since you can force out Diancie/Sableye which is pretty useful. Solgaleo is definitely a problem though and as of yet I don't see how you'd fit this set on a team.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus

Solgaleo @ Leftovers
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Roar
- Toxic

This is really similar to what Slurmz posted earlier. This might look gimmicky at first, but Solgaleo's typing lets it tank some hit from geomancy xerneas and it can phaze it out. Its also conveniently immune to toxic so it can be very irritating for some support arceus to deal with. Honestly even Calm Mind Arceus that don't run refresh or aren't ghost / dark type will be slightly annoyed by it, but those aren't really popular now so...

Its slightly annoyed by Mega Gengar, but Sun steel strike will KO it after it takes two rounds of stealth rock damage. If Gengar switches in before its mega-evolved you can KO it as it comes in with just 1 round of stealth rock damage.

This thing is deceptively mediocre honestly, but it feels like it has some niche. It could be a potent special wall but its unable to check lunala and dark arceus :/. Its still not entirely outclassed by something like Jirachi because it gets Roar.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

This is even more gimmicky, but that doesn't matter! Tyranitar should be able to pursuit trap mega gengar somewhat nicely (given hypnosis misses or you get many focus blast misses). It gets Stealth Rocks, which means you don't have to toss it on primal donner and can use another of its sets instead. Toxic means you can punish Primal Donner if they switch into you as well as support arceus that want to take away your rocks, but Thunder Wave means you can go for the cheeky paraflinch shenanigans. It should be noted that if this is attempted, the paralysis nerf going to 1/2 speed will prevent it from outspeeding things with more then 316 speed, which unfortunately has Arceus...

You can also completely forgo rock slide for something like Crunch, but Rock Slide makes you annoy Yveltal outside of status. The biggest problem is actually finding things to switch in on other then mega gar to get rocks up on :/.

Credits to whitelion for inspiring the ttar set~.

Lunala @ Psychium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hypnosis
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast / Psychic / Moonblast / Calm Mind
- Moonblast / Psychic / Calm Mind

So Lunala gets Hypnosis! Z-hypnosis will speed it up and is probably the only way you'll stop yveltal from revenge killing you with Sucker Punch. Its best to save hypnosis, in my opinion, until yveltal shows up, especially since it can be really hard to pin down if you have trouble getting rocks up... Alternatively you can use your crystal on Psychic to punch through something in a clutch situation, although the only thing that really comes to mind that it hits is Primal Groudon / some Arceus neutrally.

For what its worth though, the attack isn't weak:

252+ SpA Lunala Psychic vs. 152 HP / 44 SpD Groudon-Primal: 339-400 (89.4 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
(this has the psychium crystal used)

So in general having a very strong attack you can pull out is a nice luxury I guess. Focus Blast / Moonblast are coverage options. Moonblast is nice because it actually lets you KO yveltal after you put it to sleep. Focus Blast lands a strong hit on Arceus-normal and tyranitar, but those are the only notable targets. You can run both coverage options but then you lose psychic :(. You can also choose one coverage option and Calm Mind to I guess have the easiest sweep. If hypnosis hits you do get a free turn most of the time after all...

I forgot who but some guy in the ubers chat room came up with this~.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been messing around with Z-Moves recently. Here's some (kinda niche honestly but fun) neat stuff:

Reshiram @ Grassium Z
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Solar Beam
- Stone Edge

Okay, so Reshiram isn't exactly a worldbeater. Or even a great mon - still really hard to fit this thing on a team. However, Z-Moves give it a new lease on life as it can now properly break balance cores. Solar Beam ratchets Bloom Doom up to a towering 190 BP, allowing Reshiram to disintegrate a lot of its old checks such as Arceus-Water/Ground/Rock, Primal Kyogre, and Tyranitar in one move. But yeah, switch this in on a bulky Steel-type and let loose. If they don't have Blissey, you're probably gonna smack something pretty dang hard.

Calcs:

252+ SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Bloom Doom vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 432-510 (97.2 - 114.8%) -- 100% OHKO after Stealth Rock (Any 252 HP Arceus weak to Grass is dead)
252+ SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Bloom Doom vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 336-396 (83.3 - 98.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Offensive sets are straight OHKOed)
252+ SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Bloom Doom vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar: 244-288 (60.5 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (follow up Draco Meteor KOes)

Solgaleo @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

Similar idea here: Wild Charge gives 175 BP Gigavolt Havoc and covers Ho-Oh, Yveltal, and fat Waters in one. Still checks Xerneas and smacks Primal Groudon around with Earthquake, but it has some nice lure potential. The main advantage of this set over Z-Splash is...well...you don't have to run Splash.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Solgaleo Gigavolt Havoc vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 476-562 (114.6 - 135.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Solgaleo Gigavolt Havoc vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 338-398 (83.8 - 98.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Solgaleo Gigavolt Havoc vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Arceus-Water: 288-340 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (a regular Wild Charge + Gigavolt Havoc KOes, max Speed Adamant Solgaleo outspeeds 56 Speed Arceus-Water)
252+ Atk Solgaleo Gigavolt Havoc vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 326-384 (71.6 - 84.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Dunno why, but still fan of Z-Splash Solgaleo:
4Hp 252Atk 252+Spe
Z-Splash
Morning Sun
Earthquake
Sunstell Strike

He has a good natural bulk and with "reliable" recover it can stay in long enough to score some useful kills.
I'm a bit uncertain of what can be the best speed tier for it. Anyway I think this a great use of the Z shot.

Dunno why, but still fan of Z-Splash Solgaleo:
4Hp 252Atk 252+Spe
Z-Splash
Morning Sun
Earthquake
Sunstell Strike

He has a good natural bulk and with "reliable" recover it can stay in long enough to score some useful kills.
I'm a bit uncertain of what can be the best speed tier for it. Anyway I think this a great use of the Z shot.
I feel Jolly will have to do for that kind of set's speed tier despite the power loss from not running Adamant. Jolly Rayquaza's LO V-Create is an OHKO on to Solgaleo, and it would suck to not be able to hit Ray first.

Even then, I'm personally not a fan of the Z-Splash set, especially if SS and EQ are your only two attacking moves of choice. I feel there's just too many Pokémon that need to be killed or weakened, depending on the mon, before you can set this up for a sweep with +3 Sunsteel Strike and Earthquake, such as Mega Gengar, Primal Groudon, Lunala, Yveltal, Arceus-Ghost/Dark/Ground/Water, Ho-Oh, Primal Kyogre, Mewtwo, Ferrothorn and I'm sure there's more that I can't think of atm. The point is, Solgaleo needs as many coverage options as it can get and I just don't see how Morning Sun fits on the Z-Splash set which is already a pretty questionable set on its own imo.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On the topic of fun Z-moves:

Kyurem-B @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Hone Claws
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

Kyu-B is not winning any medals for being a great mon, but with Freeze Shock it finally gets a physical ice move, albeit for 1 turn. Z-move Freeze Shock gives 200 BP Subzero Slammer, which is fucking insane. Get this in safely, and something dies. Some fun calcs:

+0 Subzero Slammer vs 0/200 Xerneas: 95.42% - 112.47%
+0 Subzero Slammer vs 248/0 Fairy/Darkceus: 84.65% - 99.77%
+1 Subzero Slammer vs 248/0+ Primal Groudon: 98.51% - 116.13%
+1 Subzero Slammer vs 0/0 Solgaleo: 74.46% - 87.95%
+1 Fusion Bolt vs 248/200+ Waterceus: 65.46% - 77.20%

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dark Aura
Modest / Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast

After more meta game thought the initial banded yveltal set I posted really sucked after day 2 of using, surprised this was never posted. I've been using this for a while now, and I can generally say this is the superior Yveltal set right now, in a more physically defensive inclined meta. Hurricane does nuts dmg to xern and fairyceus, while focus blast helps to deal with the ttar and darkceus that are becoming common switch ins to yveltal.

wyc2333

A=X+Y+Z Y: Hard Work
How about u-turn?
Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dark Aura
Modest / Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast

After more meta game thought the initial banded yveltal set I posted really sucked after day 2 of using, surprised this was never posted. I've been using this for a while now, and I can generally say this is the superior Yveltal set right now, in a more physically defensive inclined meta. Hurricane does nuts dmg to xern and fairyceus, while focus blast helps to deal with the ttar and darkceus that are becoming common switch ins to yveltal.
abou

enough to outspeed the new legends is fine, so 188 evs with a neutral nature.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Hammer Arm
- Rock Slide / Earthquake
- Toxic

Buzzwole's spdef is pretty ass and it's poor speed makes offensive sets difficult to secure kills with, not to mention a weakness to fairy, psychic, fire and a double vulnerability to flying doesn't help it much. The one thing is has going for it is it's excellent defense which means it can be used to check ekiller, sd groundceus, Mega Lucario, and non-fire move RP PDon, as well as put a timer on sd ghostceus. Set is pretty self explanatory, Toxic puts stuff on a timer and Rock Slide hits Ho-Oh and mence harder. Earthquake can be used to hit Mega Gengar and PDon but you shouldn't stay in on the latter unless you're sure it doesn't have a fire move or won't be going for one. Roost allows this set to continuously switch into the things it checks throughout the game.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Buzzwole: 185-218 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Buzzwole: 200-238 (47.9 - 57%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Iron Tail vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Buzzwole: 296-350 (70.9 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Arceus-Ground Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Buzzwole: 235-277 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Buzzwole: 175-206 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Regarding Buzzwole, an EV Spread of 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD is also an option. This survives 2 +1 Judgments from Arceus-Dark after SR + Leftovers, allowing Buzzwole to check it:

+1 0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Buzzwole: 165-195 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Buzzwole Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Dark: 246-290 (55.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I do not believe it makes a noticeable difference in Buzzwole's physical walling ability, though it may be somewhat more likely to die to certain boosted hits after SR.

Ice Punch is also an option as a coverage move - it actually does enough to Salamence to make an effective deterrent and prevents Giratina-O from getting free switch-ins.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I don't like how Darkceus is such Xerneas bait, so...

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Judgement / Dark Pulse
- Recover

One of Fireburn's (spl?) sets from ORAS - I personally think something like this better suited for the current metagame. Stall is very much in its infancy (and is rare), and the good stall would have Magearna anyway, so Refresh is largely kind of useless (still gives you status absorption which is nice I guess). This set still allows Darkceus to check its main threats (potentially more now, since you can T-wave Yveltal before some of them Taunt you, which fucked over Darkceus if you have Refresh). Not only that, GeoXern loves switching into this, so T-waving fucks it over. You still check Gengar/Lunala/Ghostceus with this. Dark Pulse is there if you want to take advantage of that yellow magic a bit more, but I've found it kind of weak.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Judgement
- Recover

Same concept as the above set, but this can be nice for more offensive teams. Thunder lets you smack Yveltal or Kyogre trying to be cocky. It's also nice because it lets you beat Toxapex who can otherwise come in and Haze your stat boosts away and set up Toxic Spikes. Also does a lot of damage to Lucario and Magearna. I like taking a bit out of speed to boost Special Attack for this set, since max speed doesn't do much but tie you with other Arceus, so something like 68 SAtk is possible, with just enough speed to beat Mega Lucario.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Thunder

Pretty simple set, but a lot more effective this gen. Lati@s is dead and the new Uber mons don't like fighting this thing. Primal Groudon is still a nuisance but i think it remains to be seen whether it will still be on every single team like it was in ORAS. 124 Speed lets you beat standard Xerneas and Solgaleo trying to beat Xerneas. Most Water resists will lose to ogre one on one, and the metagame is still young and most people have forgot this thing exists and aren't very prepared for it so it's a lot of fun to use.

Dialga @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 136 Atk / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Mild Nature / Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

May seem gimmicky, but trust me this set works. Draco Meteor is the main STAB, wrecking anything not resisting it or named Blissey. Outrage wrecks most of the special walls that can tank a Draco Meteor. Fire Blast wrecks the Steel types that resist Draco Meteor. Flash Cannon hits Fairy types hard; you could also use Earth Power to 2HKO Primal Groudon without stat penalties. The EVs let Dialga outrun Geomancy Xerneas. Special Attack is maximised as most of this set's moves are special. The rest is placed in Attack to power up Outrage. Dragonium Z gives you a Devastating Drake, which can let Dialga get past a certain wall. Still not convinced? Here are some calcs.

136 Atk Dialga Devastating Drake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 294-346 (70.8 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - OHKO after Draco Meteor
136 Atk Dialga Devastating Drake vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 531-625 (81.5 - 96%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Rock: 222-262 (50.1 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
136 Atk Dialga Devastating Drake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Rock: 229-271 (51.6 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - so Draco + DD 2HKOes neutral Arceus formes

i like the set in theory, but keep in mind many ho-oh can just outspeed and potentially burn you, while rockceus just clicks recover. also will you be locked into outrage if you use its z move?

i like the set in theory, but keep in mind many ho-oh can just outspeed and potentially burn you, while rockceus just clicks recover. also will you be locked into outrage if you use its z move?
Ho-Oh almost never runs max Speed, it rarely runs any at all as it needs the bulk to check Xerneas and the various CM Arceus formes. At most it would run 76 EVs to outrun uninvested Yveltal, but I can't think why it would bother running more. You still shouldn't switch this set into Ho-Oh though.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Dialga @ Psychium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Block
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Pretty much the same concept as the above set, or the Palkia set posted previously, but with Heal Block > Outrage. +2 SAtk Dialga seems extremely threatening especially since anything that could try and wall you can't heal anymore.

I literally just made this set up since I remembered Dialga could get Heal Block. Could be more effective than the Outrage set because now you can use a better nature and save those extra EV's for HP, and you don't have to worry about your opponent switching to some random Fairy or Steel type to take your Devastating Drake, but I haven't tested this set yet. Compared to the Palkia set you lose Water STAB and a bit of speed but you get a much better Defensive typing and stats.

Ho-Oh almost never runs max Speed, it rarely runs any at all as it needs the bulk to check Xerneas and the various CM Arceus formes. At most it would run 76 EVs to outrun uninvested Yveltal, but I can't think why it would bother running more. You still shouldn't switch this set into Ho-Oh though.
if oras usage stats are anything to go by the stats for october has max speed being the second most common spread. either way ho-oh doesn't need max speed to creep 120. based on the calc with 120 atk evs I'm sure even with 0 investment you still KO ho-oh with drake so i might shift the evs to speed. you aren't koing most support arceus anyway since they'll just recover on you.

@ below, webs teams don't switch into ho-oh well at all

Last edited:
if oras usage stats are anything to go by the stats for october has max speed being the second most common spread. either way ho-oh doesn't need max speed to creep 120. based on the calc with 120 atk evs I'm sure even with 0 investment you still KO ho-oh with drake so i might shift the evs to speed. you aren't koing most support arceus anyway since they'll just recover on you.
You could use it with webs support to make up for the lack of speed. That way you can also outspeed and kill Arceus formes. You'll still be vulnerable to Ho-Oh though, but teammates can handle that fairly easily.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Pain Split

I've been trying out this spread for my Heart Swap Magearna and it's been pretty fun. With 84 speed, you outpace Ekiller after you Heart Swap GeoXern and smack that thing with a +2 or even +3 Fleur Cannon if you managed to kill something with Flash Cannon beforehand, and with what Magearna's supposed to switch in to, the minimized special bulk to run the speed isn't affected all that much, still taking next to nothing from most resisted hits. This prevents you taking unnecessary damage from a potential Earthquake.

Other bonuses with this speed stat after getting a Xern boost are letting you outpace other support Arceus formes that run max speed and the rare Jolly Mega Salamence and Jolly Mega Lucario.

+2 0 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 298-352 (78.2 - 92.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+3 0 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 373-439 (97.9 - 115.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

kilometerman

Banned deucer.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 160 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Toxic / Thunder Wave (lol)
- Defog

with the latis dead, bulky offense (and hyper offense I guess) teams need a mon that can provide hazard support while also having somewhat of an offensive presence. giratina-o was the best defogger in the tier (besides supportceus) in ORAS already, and surprise surprise it works well in S/M too.

so yeah, this set is just offensive defog support. 96 speed EVs puts it at 240, which lets it outspeed 252+ cloyster. it also puts it just below 242 (nihilego's uninvested speed stat) so it can move last on a turn Nihilego is laying hazards. 252 Def EVs lets it survive a 252+ Atk mega mence double-edge after a dragon dance, and survive a couple of stone edges from pdon. the rest of its EVs are put into SpA to allow it to hit stuff in general.

you could substitute thunder wave for toxic, but it would be a stupid idea since this thing is mostly going to be staying in against Pdon anyway

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Giratina-Origin: 358-423 (81.1 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Giratina-Origin: 242-285 (54.8 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Giratina-Origin: 296-351 (67.1 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

160+ SpA Griseous Orb Giratina-Origin Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (if you use toxic the first turn)

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 16 SpA / 236 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- whatever you want tbh

This is mostly theorymon for me atm, but given Mega Gengar's Destiny Bond nerf and Lunala's presence, Toxic + Shadow Ball Blissey might actually put in work. Ice Beam Blissey cannot break Mega Gengar's sub while Shadow Ball can, which puts pressure on the Ghost type. Meanwhile, CM Lunala sets are put on a timer with Toxic and Shadow Ball is 4x effective towards it. If Lunala's running a SubCM set, Blissey's Shadow Ball can break +1 Lunala's subs if they're running max HP with the 16 SpA investment on Blissey.
I figured I'd re-introduce this set. Now that Hypnosis on Mega Gengar is banned, this set can finally work well. Blissey only really needs to fear Taunt+Destiny Bond sets, but I still feel Shadow Ball on Blissey works wonders for stall atm due to how threatening CM Lunala is to it as well as MegaGar. Being able to run leftovers over shed shell for once is also nice for that extra passive recovery. Obviously, you'll want to pair this with mons that can blast Steel types, such as Zygarde and Pdon (which can also take on RestTalk Pogre.)

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic / Curse
- Light Screen
- Baton Pass

Could be useful in place of Clefable, because it can survive Gengar (without Taunt) by Baton-Passing away from it, and doesn't need Shed Shell to do so.

This thing has a shit movepool, but it gets Curse, which might be helpful alongside Baton Pass.

Also gets Taunt, but it's incredibly slow, so it is of questionable utility.

Even with no investment, you can switch into Jolly Arceus and take a maximum of 48%, allowing you to stall it out barring a Crit. Adamant Arceus has a chance to 2HKO, however. Really the main advantage over Clefable is that it condenses a check to SD and CM Arceus formes into one Pokemon.

Also it's incredibly cute. :)

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL

Solgaleo @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- Work Up
- Earthquake / Flare Blitz

Nayrz and I were experimenting with Psychic Terrain builds and came up with this neat little gem. Turns out Solgaleo gets Work Up, which gives it a means of boosting its Attack other than Z-Splash. With Zen Headbutt base, Shattered Psyche reaches 160 BP, and after Psychic Terrain, STAB, and the +1 from Work Up it does pretty frightening damage, cleanly OHKOing Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh, defensive Arceus-Water and Arceus-Ground, defensive Primal Kyogre, and max Defense Zygarde pre-transformation. +1 Psychic Terrain Shattered Psyche + Zen Headbutt will also 2HKO a transformed Zygarde-C so you can still beat it that way. Solgaleo has some defensive use on a Psychic Terrain team as a Xerneas/Deoxys-A check, so it makes a decent abuser. The last moveslot is for coverage against Steel-types: Earthquake smacks PDon without busting the Z-Move and is nice coverage in general, though Flare Blitz covers Ferrothorn/Bronzong/Celesteela.

Have some calcs. These all assume Psychic Terrain is active:

+1 252+ Atk Solgaleo Shattered Psyche vs. 248 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 390-460 (96.7 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Solgaleo Zen Headbutt vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 367-433 (103.6 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Solgaleo Zen Headbutt vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Kyogre-Primal: 367-433 (95.5 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Solgaleo Shattered Psyche vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Arceus-Water: 442-522 (99.5 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Solgaleo Shattered Psyche vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 424-499 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Solgaleo Shattered Psyche vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-C: 424-499 (66.6 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Obviously you should only use this set with Psychic Terrain support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)