Other SM OU Ladder Achievements

Achievements don't have to be easy, and I proved that this is possible to achieve, even if my opponent played poorly. It's not as hard as say using only Metronome.
The difference between this one and achievements like 'only 1 mon' or 'only LC mons' is that these last two still let you choose which mon(s) to use on your team. When you're limited to only dancing moves and you don't want every mon to have only 1 or 2 moves, these are literally your only viable options:
- Volcarona (QD, Fiery Dance)
- Smeargle (obviously)
- Lilligant (Teeter Dance, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance)
- Bellossom (same as lilligant)
- Vileplume (Teeter Dance, Petal Dance)
- Oricorio (Revelation Dance, Teeter Dance, Feather Dance)
And then you're down to things that only learn 1 dancing move like Lunar Dance Cresselia.

As you can see, there is no pkmn that learns more than 3 viable dancing moves beside Smeargle (I actually went ahead and achieved this and just put Rain Dance on everything because, well, I wanted 4 moves on at least some of my team...) This list is literally completely walled by Heatran alone, has no physical attackers (you can Dragon Dance to +6, but then what?) and is way too restrictive for builders.

I think a better achievement would be: Have a team in which every pokemon knows a dancing move

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
The difference between this one and achievements like 'only 1 mon' or 'only LC mons' is that these last two still let you choose which mon(s) to use on your team. When you're limited to only dancing moves and you don't want every mon to have only 1 or 2 moves, these are literally your only viable options:
- Volcarona (QD, Fiery Dance)
- Smeargle (obviously)
- Lilligant (Teeter Dance, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance)
- Bellossom (same as lilligant)
- Vileplume (Teeter Dance, Petal Dance)
- Oricorio (Revelation Dance, Teeter Dance, Feather Dance)
And then you're down to things that only learn 1 dancing move like Lunar Dance Cresselia.

As you can see, there is no pkmn that learns more than 3 viable dancing moves beside Smeargle (I actually went ahead and achieved this and just put Rain Dance on everything because, well, I wanted 4 moves on at least some of my team...) This list is literally completely walled by Heatran alone, has no physical attackers (you can Dragon Dance to +6, but then what?) and is way too restrictive for builders.

I think a better achievement would be: Have a team in which every pokemon knows a dancing move
idk man it's not like you need to face a competent opponent or anything, have you seen low ladder? like volcarona 6-0s the common ash teams unless they have talonflame, which you can beat with pom pom oricorio

idk man it's not like you need to face a competent opponent or anything, have you seen low ladder? like volcarona 6-0s the common ash teams unless they have talonflame, which you can beat with pom pom oricorio
But what's the "achievement" in that?

I like to pull off some crazy, unlikely or just cool stunts on ladder which I believe this thread is for. Not "Use crap teams to beat even crappier players". I feel like a good achievement should also be possible to achieve on mid-ladder or higher. With this you're just wasting time clicking the 'find battle' button hoping for a bad matchup on <1200 ELO ladder...
It's not about being able to get the achievement, it's about the challenge it poses.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)