Project Ultra SM Break This Team - WK 48 SKEs tail glow manaphy Rain (Voting)

Wish I saw this earlier as to nominate CM Stored Power M.Latias, as it seems to poop on this team reasonably well. However my vote is going to Chansey :D

Can't really say I think Lele + Diancie is as menacing in practice as on paper, Mega Venusaur walls the hell out of Diancie and Lele isn't really a free switch in vs it. Koko threatens them both since Lele is specs too. My vote goes for Chansey
Mega Venusaur isn't running giga drain which means it doesn't hit mega diancie hard enough its also nature power in psychic terrain ;O

Voting for Chansey. I can see the arguments behind Lele + Diancie but I've been playing with this team a little bit and I've found that it's extremely difficult to break in practice. Lando is basically the only way of threatening Chansey but you're never going to be able to hit it with a Knock Off unless they misplay badly. Furthermore, the set doesn't use Swords Dance so you can't really punish it as much as you'd like.

This week, we're breaking a Mega Gallade Balance Team made by Indigo Plateau who submits his own team for breaking after having had at least 3 winning entries. Congratulations and keep it up. Anyway, the team lineup is as follows;

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Volt Switch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Fly

This is a very fun and easy team to use and it can adequately handle most matchups, BAR STALL - so don't be scums and pick stall. Although kinda outdated, I wanted to submit a M-Gallade team as, paired with Lele, I think it can be quite good at breaking all the fat bulky builds that you see hovering around. SD Gallade is obviously here to break past Clef/Pex/Steela cores and Venusaur+Steela balances, with Lele being an amazing partner since it can revenge kill several threats like Gren, Koko, and so on that scare Gallade out. Lando-T basically does what offensive Lando is known to do and snags a kill that makes sweeping much easier: for example, SSSS'ing a Tangrowth will lead to Lele problems, and SSSS'ing opposing defensive Lando's will lead to Gallade problems. Thapex + Ferro is a pretty simple defensive core that lets you pivot into many offensive threats, with AV SpDef Magearna being a sturdy glue for the team and completing the SSG core.

There are some changes that can be made to the team, such as hazard stacking by making Pex TSpikes, Ferro Spikes, and Lando SR + either Rockium-Z or Gravity + Groundium-Z. Overall, this was the version I personally enjoyed using the most. Enjoy breaking and once again, no stall

Last edited:
Reserving Psychium Z Volc.

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Ground

If u manage to get Volcarona in safely, mainly vs Magearna and Ferrothorn, u only have to Quiver Dance once because the scarfer on the team is below 101, thus cant outspeed it, further everything else just gets blown away after 1 Quiver Dance with rocks support.

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade-Mega: 246-291 (88.8 - 105%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Lele: 246-289 (87.5 - 102.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 330-390 (90.6 - 107.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 844-996 (239.7 - 282.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Toxapex: 350-412 (115.1 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 333-393 (104.3 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Few things that stick out in regards to this team. Its massivly Ghost weak and gengar has a field day, Tapu koko similarly has a decent time against this team due to its speed tier and Boltbeam coverage that forces ferrothorn in everytime which can be eliminated with a paired up magenzone. Fires to like the Aforementioned Volcarona as well as the Zards also seem to enjoy the match up this team brings. Fast Mons and set up mons in general tho do seem to agitate the team as lele is the sole form of speed control

The big positive for this team is its the lack of rocks weakness as well as synergy between Lele and Gallade that lets both break down each others checks.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Teams Ghost Weakness is over-exaggerated. The combination of Toxapex and AV Mag, although should have more spdef to me personally, offsets the Gengar matchup and if we're talking about Alolan Marowak someone would have to play aggressively to get in on the passive mons which I would assume Indigo would see from team preview and play accordingly. If anything Indigo has to worry more about Zygarde SubCoilDance Variants, Volcarona which was already mentioned, and Stall. Any decent stall archetype with the combination of M-Sab, Chansey and friends probably isn't going to care too much about this team outside of major chokes and misplays. The big thing that is overlooked is the weakness of Spikes, a lot of times people build on the concept of not being rock weak and complete ignore or don't account for the Spike Weakness which can be worse long term against teams such as this.

T-Spikes over Toxic on Toxapex can alleviate some of these matchups but overall those are the big issues on paper.

For the sake of throwing something out there that's going to hurt this team here's a basic one to establish the Spike Weakness.

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

Any Ninja set with Spikes can work but seeing as this set can guarantee a Spike or Two with minor issues I figured would be the easiest to showcase.

Archive has been Updated. Apoligizes for taking so long. I'll be keeping it updated weekly for the foreseeable future now that I'm about to go on holiday :D. Nothing new other then what we know with Indigo Plateau and Akumeoy dominating the tally. Keep up the good work everyone

Week 1 - Cores and Winner: Scarf Nihilego

Week 2 - Cores and Winner: dk

Week 3 - Cores and Winner:@Creator of Chaos

Week 4 - Cores and Winner: Expert_Occultist

Week 5 - Cores and Winner: Akumeoy

Week 6 - Cores and Winner: Aragorn the King

Week 7 - Cores and Winner: Magearna

Week 8 - Cores and Winner: Riddikulusness

Week 9 - Cores and Winner: Akumeoy

Week 10 - Cores and Winner: Indigo Plateau

Week 11 - Cores and Winner: Akumeoy and Vertex

Week 12 - Cores and Winner: Indigo Plateau

Week 13 - Cores and Winner: Ramses

Week 14 - Cores and Winner: Indigo Plateau

Week 15 - Cores and Winner: Indigo Plateau

Week 16 - Cores and Winner: ThiccTornadus

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

I played a few games with this team and Koko just forces you to go to Ferro or you risk losing a Pokemon each time it comes in. Volt Switch further pressures you as not going to Lando risks ceding further momentum. In addition, since this team lacks priority, it has a hard time fighting Hawlucha, who sets up freely on Ferrothorn and threatens every single member of the team with its STABs.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Personally, the biggest annoyance to this team the whole time I used it was definitely Sub-Coil-DD Zygarde - way too many matchups lost vs that thing. Since no one nommed it (although AM did mention it). It was tough picking b/t Greninja and Volc, but Volc isn't all too common from my experience whereas spikes are everywhere, so dual hazards Greninja takes my vote. Hawlucha could usually be dealt with by going hard Lando and if Hawlucha kills, then going Magearna or Tox depending on the situation and keeping Ferro for Koko.

Last edited:
Voting is over and Its time to announce the Winner. Im pleased to announce that the God among st humanity AM is the winner this week with his Dual Hazards Ash greninja Nomination. Congrats on making the archive for the first time

Submission 1: Volcarona - 4
Submission 2: Dual Hazards Greninja - 5
Submission 3: Tapu Koko+Hawlucha - 0 (Sorry Dude)

On to the new team

Since Kartana is no longer the Meme of the OU meta I guess its time to post a team with it, Never thought I would say that because I never used to find the thing threatening yet now have been forced to eat my words with the recent Duggy ban and other meta shifts making life easier for it. All said I'll be borrowing from the sample thread again. Make way for Finchinator SD Kartana Hyper Offense

Sets
Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 8 HP / 188 Atk / 60 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Encore
- Power-Up Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 4 SpA / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 16 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Explanation: The Team revolves around Kartana's ability to break bulky teams almost entirely on its own thanks to its decent speed and Ridiculous attack. Fightium Z the item of choice punch's through bulky steels who would otherwise beat it. From there Lopunny and Greninja Form a fast Core that break Offense teams just from preview, making up for Kartanas otherwise wierd speed stat. Lopunny with its unresisted duel stabs and encore set also help with the breakdown of bulky teams by luring in mons like clefable and Tangrowth. Magerna and Landorous form the teams backbone setting up hazards, taking hits and pivoting in the faster frail mons safely. Scarf latios Rounds on the team with fast Defog to clear hazards or a trick to cripple otherwise problematic mons who would usally trouble the remainder of team.

Goodluck this week. and I hope you all have fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)