Battle Spot Singles Blaziken Team

Okay so this is my first attempt at hyper offense, I wanted to build around Mega Blaziken and figured that it needed something to help with Fini and fairies and water-types, so the core I chose was Koko and Kartana.

Here's the basic teambuilding: Defensive Zapdos and Ferrothorn were my first options, when I was aiming for bulkier offense, then I switched Ferrothorn for Celesteela and finally just went all out Koko and Kartana.

I needed a decent check to Salamence, so I opted for scarf Mamoswine. Mega Gyarados was something I wanted to deal with Charizards and other threatening fire-types, and Mold Breaker Earthquake is useful for Mimikyu too.

In the end I slapped Lando on there for some extra coverage and because it's quite splashable in general, so I'm not too partial about it.

Blaziken-Mega (F) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 180 Atk / 4 Def / 108 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz

High Jump Kick over Superpower for an extra bit of kick, Flare Blitz to hit things that resist fighting. The EVs are lifted straight from the database. This is the team's primary mega, although the way BSS works means it's not always a good idea to pack it out.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I've been using Koko less than I figured I would, but maybe that's because I like relying on Lando/Mamo too much. Koko is also pretty high on a lot of people's initial threat lists, so a lot of teams have a clear answer for this thing. Still, Gigavolt Havoc is a good nuke to have, and HP Ice deals with offensive Lando. Dazzling Gleam as a secondary STAB attack.

Kartana @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 180 Atk / 4 Def / 108 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash

I lifted this from cantsay's Beasts Boosting team and it's really useful. Checks Fini, wrecks fairies in general, easily SDs up on a lot of things, and Black Hole Eclipse is an unexpected OHKO, even against things that resist provided the chip damage is there.

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Sash lets Lando live an OHKO ice attack, and slam back with Superpower. The rest is pretty straight-forward. Not sure yet if I want to switch Stealth Rock for Knock Off or U-Turn, since I don't use it often and Mamo breaks sashes.

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fissure
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear

Mamo is quite bulky as is, and fast with a scarf. Fissure just lets me say no to certain things, Ice Shard for priority to knock things out for sure, Icicle Spear to break sashes and certain mon's substitutes, Earthquake for a reliable strong STAB move.

Gyarados-Mega (F) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Basic DD set, with Mold Breaker Earthquake to destroy things like Rotom and Mimikyu. Doesn't hold up well against opposing healthier Gyarados, especially the bulkier kind, so it often needs Koko and a ground type in that kind of matchup.

Hi there, it's nice to se HO teams around. I like them as well

I was wondering, have you tried using Dual Screens Koko yet? Both of your mega are setup sweepers, plus you have SD Kartana and this strategy could pretty much help them all. In general dual screens can be a pretty useful tool for HO teams.

@ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt / Taunt
- Taunt / U-turn / Hidden Power Ice
- Reflect
- Light Screen

After all you already have Kartana to deal with bulky-water and such, plus Koko would still hit them hard even without SpA investments.

If you don't like this strategy and want to keep an all out HO without the screen, i strongly suggest to switch out Koko for Thundurus-T to mitigate a little the Ground-type weakness when using the Blaziken core, still keeping the FIghting-type resistence.
@ Electrium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Nasty Plot / Agility
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot

or to keep Koko's offensive set and add Serperior over Kartana, using it as your dual screener:
@ Light Clay
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 244 HP / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt

The investments in speed are to outspeeds base 100, garchomp, nihilego, up to Adamant Mega Salamence. The rest is in bulk. You can either invest the EVs in physical defense or bulk. I've choosen the first because most priority moves are physical (i.e. Ice Shard).

Also, Mamoswine and Landorus are pretty redundant here. I know that they cover different roles offensively, but it's kind of a waste to use two spots when you can fill that role with one. I'm recommending this set:

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock / Rock Tomb
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

So now you'd have a 6th free slot to use, and at this point i would add a solid top tier pokemon such as Mimikyu that can easily fill a spot when you are in doubt.

This set might work pretty well in your HO team:
@ Ghostium Z / Fairium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

The spread is pretty straight forward, whereas the Z move is pretty up to you. While being a jack of all trades, Mimikyu also synergizes pretty well with Mega Gyarados, Kartana and Mamoswine.

Last edited:
I like this. I like all the suggestions, I love Serp and Thundurus, but I'm gonna try screens Koko first and see how that goes. I had Mimikyu on an older version of this team but yeah it really is too good not to have hanging around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)