Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be possible for either Deo-D or Giratina to drop to OU?
To add on what Zrp200 said, Giratina's sheer bulk, would make stall far too strong, and cause the emergence of otherwise niche mons in the tier, only designed to beat it, somewhat like AV-Tar for Naganadel, which is obviously unhealthy for the tier.
Even for Deo-D, it isn't as simple as it look like, then it might just cause a rise of both Hyper Offence, where it was mostly used before his ban in XY, and stall, because of Deo's durability and ability to lay extremely easily spikes and rocks up while PP stalling defogers thanks to pressure, which won't promote diversity and finally produce a metagame in the likes of GSC, where only two playstyles are viable.

To add on what Zrp200 said, Giratina's sheer bulk, would make stall far too strong, and cause the emergence of otherwise niche mons in the tier, only designed to beat it, somewhat like AV-Tar for Naganadel, which is obviously unhealthy for the tier.
Even for Deo-D, it isn't as simple as it look like, then it might just cause a rise of both Hyper Offence, where it was mostly used before his ban in XY, and stall, because of Deo's durability and ability to lay extremely easily spikes and rocks up while PP stalling defogers thanks to pressure, which won't promote diversity and finally produce a metagame in the likes of GSC, where only two playstyles are viable.
Are you talking about niche mons like Magearna, Ash-Gren, Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, MMawile, Hoopa, Band Ttar, Zygarde, MDiancie, Kyurem-B, Naganadel and Blacephalon or what?

I think its finally time for Giratina-O to drop as it has no reliable recovery at all and of the mentioned mons break it with simplicity. Also Z-moves in general make breaking past Giratina-O easier and Defog is everywhere rn anyways.

Photon Geyser is a special move, but does it take into account the enemy's defense or special defense if you have a higher attack than special attack ?

It always hits the enemy's special defence.
If that's how it really is in Showdown then that is wrong. I have proof that it hits defense if using your attack in the game.

Starting at 1:48:30 in that video we see that Necrozma deals so much less damage to Stakataka with Photon Geyser and Light That Burns The Sky than with Moongeist Beam. Who do I contact to make this change ?

If that's how it really is in Showdown then that is wrong. I have proof that it hits defense if using your attack in the game.

Starting at 1:48:30 in that video we see that Necrozma deals so much less damage to Stakataka with Photon Geyser and Light That Burns The Sky than with Moongeist Beam. Who do I contact to make this change ?
Well that’s weird. Try the battle mechanics research thread in the Smogon Metagames forum.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Or maybe it dealt less because Stakataka resists Psychic and not Ghost.
Nah we just checked on a chansey ingame and OHKOed it - it looks like it hits defense if it uses attack instead of special attack.

Also for the quick sanity check - 200 BP STAB resisted is around 150 BP, non-STAB 100 BP non resisted is about 100 BP, so LTBTS should still be stronger.

Last edited:
Whats a good core involving this set and ways to support such a core?

Darkrai @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Whats a good core involving this set and ways to support such a core?

Darkrai @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Glad you asked. Darkrai really appreciates entry hazards (From its SM page). Defensive Primal Groudon to set up stealth rock as well as check magearna and xerneas is a good partner. Another good partner for Darkrai is Marshadow because it checks Extreme Killer Arceus for Darkrai. Darkrai in turn can remove some of Marshadow's checks like Toxapex and Yveltal.

Which is arguably the most common set for Necrozma-Dusk Mane: Specially Defensive or Swords Dance? Also, how come there isn't a Ultranecrozium Z set for Necrozma-Dawn Wings?

Smeargle or Shuckle as a webs setter? Both seem to have their pros and cons but I can't decide between the two

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Smeargle or Shuckle as a webs setter? Both seem to have their pros and cons but I can't decide between the two
Smeargle is typically better due to the extra speed and Spore stuff. Plus, you can have a slot for a random support move like Nuzzle.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mostly just curious, but on mixed pheromosa sets why naughty instead of lonely?
Because most priority moves are physical. For example, Life Orb Marshadow Shadow Sneak is a roll against full HP Pheromosa if it is using a Naughty nature, but it becomes a guaranteed OHKO on Lonely. The same can be said about DD Zygarde, where +1 Extreme Speed always OHKOes Lonely Pheromosa, but only has 43% chance to OHKO a Naughty Pheromosa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)