Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers: OM Edition

It has excellent stats, and a good typing. Specifically, it's immune to common moves such as Core Enforcer, Spectral Thief, Ghost Judgment, and Moonghiest beam, and the only relevant move that hits it super effectively is Sunsteel Strike--in addition to a great resistance to Knock Off. Thus, it is difficult to take advantage of, and can run sets like Fur Coat to be a good physical wall and the best Mega Gengar check out there, or run a Water Absorb set and not fear switching in on Core Enforcer, or even just become a difficult-to-break status absorber with Poison Heal.
I see what's good about Megaudino's stats, especially given its relatively low BST, but not excellent. Care to explain that?

I see what's good about Megaudino's stats, especially given its relatively low BST, but not excellent. Care to explain that?
It's just bulky enough. For instance, take stakout groudon-primal: 252+ Atk Choice Band Stakeout Groudon-Primal Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Audino-Mega: 190-225 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO, which thans to the next attack being half as string Audino can recover off- and if they switch do it again.
Even uninvested, it's still bulky; it can live hits like 0 SpA Sky Plate Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Audino-Mega: 298-352 (72.6 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO or 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Audino-Mega: 320-376 (78 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and KO back with metal burst. There are only a very select few bulkier pokemon on both sides (Giratina, Zygarde, Cresselia, and Arceus), but it stands apart thanks to its typing. It's also very slow, allowing it to pivot after most pokemon and bring in an answer to what they pivoted into.

So, if I submitted an OM last month but the submission is still active (neither approved nor rejected), can I submit another?

My OM submission has been approved (it has the "approved" tag), yet thread has no release date and there hadn't been replies for more than a week now.
Can I bump it again?

My OM submission has been approved (it has the "approved" tag), yet thread has no release date and there hadn't been replies for more than a week now.
Can I bump it again?
No. We haven't forgotten about it. The release schedule for new OMs is three per month. You will be notified when we have a date for you. It will be some time in February, probably the first week.

What happens if an Ash Greninja that has already transformed mega evolves in mix and mega. For that matter, what about other form changes, like Whishiwashi?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
What happens if an Ash Greninja that has already transformed mega evolves in mix and mega. For that matter, what about other form changes, like Whishiwashi?
I'm reasonably sure they revert to the base form before Mega evolving. I'm not certain if this is the correct mechanics but I'm about 90% sure that's how it works in practice.

I'm reasonably sure they revert to the base form before Mega evolving. I'm not certain if this is the correct mechanics but I'm about 90% sure that's how it works in practice.
All form changes are reverted, yes. This was not intended, but the original idea was apparently too hard to code.

lost heros

Meme Master
Why is Monotype the only Other Metagame represented in OMs C&C Forum and every other permanent OM (including AG and BH) has to share a single semi-official thread?

Why is Monotype the only Other Metagame represented in OMs C&C Forum and every other permanent OM (including AG and BH) has to share a single semi-official thread?
We do not have to share a thread, thankfully.
The main reason, as far as I know, is activity; Monotype was by far the most active analysis type last generation, and apparently other oms need to prove themselves with minianalyses first.

I have received 2 QC checks for my OM submission. Does it mean I can post it on the main forum now?
EDIT: Never mind i have my answer.

Last edited:
if sometime in the future someone wanted to submit an om similar to a reverse enchanted items (so pokemon would gain a second item at the cost of their ability), would it be considered as too close to hoarding from the index?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren

EV

Banned deucer.
Why are there 2 non-Normal Arceus listed under the Z-moves section of the MnM Resources thread?

Why are there 2 non-Normal Arceus listed under the Z-moves section of the MnM Resources thread?
Z-crystals activate multitype in gen 7, so Arceus-Ghost in particular can use it+shadow force to get a 190 BP attack to blow away answers. Ground can do something similar as well, as can most others to a varying degree, especially since there is little competition for Z-moves slots. In fact, Arceus-normal is the worst Z-move user, as it can only use Breakneck Blitz (Which doesn't even get priority from extremespeed) or Z-status.

My OM submission received two QC checks, but it's been more than a week since I received any news from it. Is it okay to bump it, or does this only apply to the pre QC stage?

My OM submission received two QC checks, but it's been more than a week since I received any news from it. Is it okay to bump it, or does this only apply to the pre QC stage?
It okay to bump it as it is waiting for approval. The only time it's not okay to bump it is after it's approved. We will post to inform you when you're allowed to post once you've been allocated on the release schedule. OMs are allocated based on submission date so no need to worry if you're approved first or approved last. So yes, feel free to bump it if it is waiting for approval.

Is there a particular criteria for how OM Forum Moderators can approve or reject Meta submissions? Is it based on what the Moderators like? Whether the meta is actually able to be coded or not? Or some other quality?
I'll try to simplify the thought process into a short answer. We should find the concept potentially appealing to a large enough audience, different from existing concepts such that it doesn't infringe upon them, and good enough to justify existing in Other Metagames. It's hard to define what's good and bad but here's an example taken from past submissions: Monocolor. It could possibly appeal to people, it doesn't really infringe on anything, but restricting teams based on color is just bad. First, color isn't something that's known; you would have to look it up. And second, color has no part in competitive play.

MAMP

MAMP!
sorry if this comes across as rude, but how can you justify enforcing donor reveal in inheritance because it makes it too hard to work out what the set is, when so many other oms suffer the same flaw? bh is obv the main offender in this regard, but also sketchmons and aaa to a somewhat lesser extent. none of these have anything like donor reveal: why should inheritance be an exception?

Reactions: Ren

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)