Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

hyw

Banned deucer.
The latter doesn't take up your Mega-slot, is stronger with Life Orb, and is more versatile with the option of Focus Sash.

you could effectively allow anything in any tier with enough restrictions on its moveset, abiilty, etc through a complex ban to the point where its just ridiculous. To avoid getting overly complicated, smogon avoids complex bans wherever possible. speed boost cant just be banned, because other pokemon with it like yanmega and sharpedo are not broken with that ability. blaziken ended up being the ban to minimize collateral damage and fix the issue with speed boost blaziken being broken (idk if im wording this well sorry)
Thank you for the clarification , that makes a lot of sense

I'm not certain if this the right place to ask such a question, but I can't find an appropriate thread so I'm posting here. Aegislash's Stance Change ability swaps it offensive and defensive stats right? So if I want an Aegislash that deals a lot of damage What do you call a sweeper with bad speed?? should i EV train it defensive stats? Eg: Aegislash 140 Sp.Def and 40 Sp.Atk in shield Forme. I ev train so that it's 145 Sp.Def and 40 Sp.Atk. Then, in Blade Forme, it'll have 145 Spatk and 40 spdef. Is that how it works?

Also, mods if u delete this, tell me where I should be posting this. Im putting it here just bcuz Aegislash is Ubers

I'm not certain if this the right place to ask such a question, but I can't find an appropriate thread so I'm posting here. Aegislash's Stance Change ability swaps it offensive and defensive stats right? So if I want an Aegislash that deals a lot of damage What do you call a sweeper with bad speed?? should i EV train it defensive stats? Eg: Aegislash 140 Sp.Def and 40 Sp.Atk in shield Forme. I ev train so that it's 145 Sp.Def and 40 Sp.Atk. Then, in Blade Forme, it'll have 145 Spatk and 40 spdef. Is that how it works?

Also, mods if u delete this, tell me where I should be posting this. Im putting it here just bcuz Aegislash is Ubers
That's not quite right. Stance Change only causes its base stats to change, not its total offensive and defensive stats. So if you invest in its Attack, even when it's in Shield mode, the Attack gain from those EVs will still remain. If you needed one that does a lot of damage, you would still want to invest in the appropriate offensive stat; investing in its defenses won't increase its damage output in either form.

Hey what going on everbody i just wanted to make this as an issue an start this off by staying why the heck is Kyurem black OU ?.... like tbh it does way to much for OU Like its hard to find any switch ins to it like it bascially 2 koes everything in it like this thing hasa the power of an uber so why make it OU ? now of course it is a little ez to revenge kill but its not like you have other team members so yea i feel kyure black has the power of an uber and it should be banned to uber cuz it usually troubles like 89 percent of teams people make and i really hate that this thing is OU like come on teravolt just makes it too Good for OU.
But like i said it bascially 2khoes everything and to me a takes away from the competitive aspect for me because kyurem black litterally 6-0s so many teams its not even funny now if you like kyurem black in OU thats fine. But you got fusion bolt which OKhoes majority of water types ice beam which okhes just about anything barring steel types then you have earth power for steel types even Hp fire for scizor and ferrothorn ( which is the only that thats not 1 shotted but 2khoed) and then Outrage draco or dragon claw for another STAB. So basically what im trying to say is kyurem black should be uber it has no reason to be in OU since its way to powerful

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
You should ask in the OU subforum if you want to know why they haven't banned it yet. But I doubt that Kyurem-B will be moved to Ubers since there is actually enough stuff who can check it. Clefable is probably the best example.

I understand but i cant count clef as a counter cuz it gets 2koed by life orb ice beam if not spdef invested and even if its spdef invested it gets iron head and hp fire for scizor and ferro

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Once again, we don't decide what is considered uber or not. These are all questions for the OU subforum.

Current moves for Xerneas (Power Herb):

Geomancy
Aromatherapy
Moonblast
Thunderbolt

With abilities which multiply STAB attacks by 1.33 like Xerneas' Fairy Aura mean that x1 STAB attacks have the same multiplier as super effective x2 attacks? So unless if Xerneas is attacking a type which resists Fairy, Moonblast would be the best choice to attack with (ignoring specific cases where you might do more when pokemon has x4 weakness)? So i'd be better off using Sleep Talk for my 4th slot?

I was thinking to possibly counter Darkrai since I don't have any way getting around Dark Void on my team other than letting a member take the hit then switching out. To be honest, I don't use Aromatherapy much so I could replace that with Rest.. how does that sound? Or I could keep Aromatherapy and use Substitute instead. Substitute would be a good buffer against Arceus/Extreme Speed if I get a chance to set it up.

That would be good. now, I'm not much of an Ubers expert (heck ive never played a single game) but I might also suggest Xerneas to be holding a Power Herb, so Geomancy works in only one move.

I think the choice scarf Xerneas moveset covers what you are looking for:

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder

Thanks for the advice for Xerneas. Just wondering if this is a mistake on Smogon's database (which so far has been extremely helpful to me):

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/sableye/

Usage Tips: "You should usually lead with Mega Sableye to scare away Stealth Rock setters, but try to hold off Mega Evolving when facing offense or teams with a physical sweeper your team is weak to, so that you can make use of a priority Will-O-Wisp"

But surely this isn't true? On testing and some research elsewhere it seems that both Sableye's Prankster and Magic Bounce will still apply on the turn it mega evolves since order of attacks is determined before evolution.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Thanks for the advice for Xerneas. Just wondering if this is a mistake on Smogon's database (which so far has been extremely helpful to me):

Usage Tips: "You should usually lead with Mega Sableye to scare away Stealth Rock setters, but try to hold off Mega Evolving when facing offense or teams with a physical sweeper your team is weak to, so that you can make use of a priority Will-O-Wisp"

But surely this isn't true? On testing and some research elsewhere it seems that both Sableye's Prankster and Magic Bounce will still apply on the turn it mega evolves since order of attacks is determined before evolution.
What do you mean by "testing and some research elsewhere"? Do you have a replay? Because it's very possible that you were just facing a slower mon.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.

found this on your link desu

"Prankster counts as Speed-related, so Mega Sableye retains both Prankster AND Magic Bounce on Turn 1. Abilities such as Speed Boost, however, are replaced once Mega Evolving since they do not actually increase Speed, per se, they merely boost it whilst the Pokémon is on the field."

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
It was Sableye vs Darkrai and Sableye managed to get in a Toxic before Darkrai's attack (and I was mega-evolving 1st turn). Sableye could not have been slower. By research I meant randomly searching and finding something which agreed with my suspicion: http://pokemondb.net/pokebase/232206/pokemon-get-there-ability-effects-the-first-turn-mega-evolve
Here is what happened: turn order (who moves first) is decided before the turn begins. Sableye has prankster before the turn begins so it will move first during the turn it mega evolves unless a +2< priority or a +1 priority move from a faster mon is used. When it mega evolves, turn order is already decided so sableye will still retain its prankster effect while still having magic bounce that turn.

Turn order being decided before the turn begins is also why pokemon with slower mega evolutions still move with thier base speed the turn of mega evolving.

E:got ninjaed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)