Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quick questions: 1) Is a Heal Ball a good ball to capture Tapu Lele in? 2) I know that Legendaries have a guanreteed 3IVs, but should I continue to Soft Rest until I get like a 31/x/31/31/31/31 or something close to that on Lele or should I just Hyper Train the IVs to 31 to save me time and effort?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
To quick questions: 1) Is a Heal Ball a good ball to capture Tapu Lele in? 2) I know that Legendaries have a guanreteed 3IVs, but should I continue to Soft Rest until I get like a 31/x/31/31/31/31 or something close to that on Lele or should I just Hyper Train the IVs to 31 to save me time and effort?
I'd say Heal is the best ball for Tapu Lele.

If you value your sanity, just go for Hidden Power and use Bottle Caps. For Hidden Power Fire HP and SpD have to be 31 and SpA and Spe have to be Even. Attack and Defense have to be one of each.
For my Pokedex I'm looking for the following. I'll trade back and I'm willing to help with your Pokedex if you want.

Politoed
Electivire
Buzzwole
Bump

If you're absolutely crazy, (and patient) it's best to aim for a HP Fire spread on Tapu Lele. (even better if you can get the Attack IV to be as close to 0 as possible) Hyper Training makes the stats act like they're flawless, (31) but doesn't actually alter the IV's. A Heal Ball works nicely with it.

If you're absolutely crazy, (and patient) it's best to aim for a HP Fire spread on Tapu Lele. (even better if you can get the Attack IV to be as close to 0 as possible) Hyper Training makes the stats act like they're flawless, (31) but doesn't actually alter the IV's. A Heal Ball works nicely with it.
I'm currently trying to catch Tapu Lele in a Love Ball, timid nature (or modest), and either hp fire or ground. I'll need to get more Love balls as I only have 4 atm.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Need a Blacephalon and Porygon2 for dex, I can trade both back immediately, so help is appreciated!
I have Porygon 2. If you have Politoed, Electivire, or Buzzwole please let me borrow them for my dex.

Edit for clarity: I'm willing to let you borrow Porygon 2 even if you can't help me with my dex.

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to have an extra Destiny Knot? I just got back into Pokemon games not long ago and need help with breeding. I have a couple things worth trading for one.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the following flawless mons for trade?
- Bold Ha Oddish in a Moon Ball with Strength Sap
- Modest/Timid Oddish in a Friend Ball with Strength Sap
- Careful/Jolly Skorupi in a Dream Ball with Whirlwind, Pursuit
- Jolly Sawk in a Dive Ball
- Bold Ha Tropius in a Nest Ball with Leech Seed
- Timid Delibird in a Premier Ball with Spikes, Freeze Dry, Destiny Bond, Rapid Spin
- Timid HA Girafarig in a Ultra Ball
- Jolly Ha Dwebble with Spikes
- Hasty Elekid in a Ultra/Fast Ball with HP Grass spread and Ice Punch
- Impish Overcoat Burmy in a Dream Ball
- Modest/Rash/Mild HA Magby in a Dream/Repeat Ball
- Quiet Gulpin
- Timid Hidden ability Timid Gen 5 Monkeys with Nasty Plot in a fitting ball

And the following Pokemon that don't need good ivs:
- Naive HP Fire Diancie
- Naive Deoxys
- Modest Unown in a Luxury Ball with HP Psychic
- Lonely/Hasty Stantler with Sucker Punch
- adamant/brave Ha Spinda with Superpower
- Hasty/Naive/Jolly/Adamant HA Tauros with Bodyslam [RBY]
- Adamant/Timid Arceus
- Hasty/Naive Shiftry with Sucker Punch, Defog, Knock Off

Other things:
- 3 ability capsules
- Pal shiny Sylvally Code
- Smogon Giveaway Pelipper
- Smogon Giveaway Kyurem
- Smogon Giveaway Ho-oh
- a Lonely Synchro user that has just enough speed to outspeed 0 speed iv Lonely or a Brave/Sassy Synchronize User with enough speed to outspeed 0 speed iv Stakataka

I can offer the following 5 Iv mons:
- Timid Magnemite in a Heavy Ball with HP Fire
- Timid Ha Treeko in a Luxury Ball with (HP Fire), Leaf Storm, Gigadrain, Leech Seed
- Bold/Relaxed Pink Shellos in a Dream Ball with Fissure, Counter, Yawn, Mirror Coat
- Relaxed/Bold Ha Illumise/Volbeat
- Jolly Ha aerodactyl in a Dream Ball with Pursuit, Whirlwind, Tailwind, Wide Guard,
- Adamant Krabby in a Fast Ball with Agility, Knock Off, Amnesia, Ally Switch
- Bold Lunatone in a Dusk Ball
- Adamant Solrock
- Timid/Jolly Ha Purrloin with Encore, Foul Play
- Impish HA Spiritomb in a Premier/Dream Ball with Foul Play
- Adamant Koamala in a Moon ball with Sing, Charm, Wish, Play Rough
- Bold HA Lileep in a Heal Ball with Mirror Coat, Barrier, Stealth Rock, Recover
- Timid HA Caterpie in a Dream Ball
- Jolly HA Weedle in a Ultra Ball
- Impish HA Trubbish in a Friend Ball with Spikes, Rock Blast, Selfdestruc, Rollout
- Adamant Lillipup in a Level Ball with Pursuit, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Psychic Fang
- Jolly Onix in a Heavy Ball with Heavy Slam, Stealth Rock
- Timid HA Abra in a Level Ball with Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Encore, Knock Off
- Adamant Sudowoodo in a Level Ball with Selfdestruct, Stealth Rock, Rock Out, Defense Curl
- Jolly/Impish Tyrogue with High Jump Kick, Rapid Spin, Mach Punch
- Adamant HA Swinub in a Heavy Ball with Freeze Dry, Stealth Rock, Icycle Crash
- Adamant Tarpinch in a Friend Ball with Bug Bite, Quick Attack, Endure, Focus Energy
- Calm Chimecho in a Friend Ball with Wish, Stored Power
- Timid Ha Cyndaquil (HP Grass) with Extrasensory
- Timid Ha Roselia in a Safari Ball (HP Fire) with Sleep Powder, Gigadrain, Spikes, Synthesis
- Bold Koffing in a Heavy Ball with Psywave, Toxic Spikes, Pain Split, Grudge
- Adamant Marill in a Love Ball with Superpower, Bodyslam, Aqua Jet, Belly Drum
- Modest/Timid Tortunator in a Repeat Ball with Head Smash, Fire Spin
- Timid Ha Woobat in a Luxury Ball with Stored Power, Knock Off, Venom Drench
- Jolly Bagon in a Moon/Friend Ball with Thrash, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump
- Adamant Larvitar in a Safari Ball with Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dragon Dance, Pursuit
- Timid Ralts in a Dream Ball with Disable, Shadow Sneak, Ally Switch, Grudge
- Jolly HA Buneary in a Dream Ball with Encore, Fake Out, Ice Punch, Fire Punch
- Modest HA Skrelp in a Luxure Ball with Toxic Spikes, Play Rough, Haze
- Timid Zoroa in a Luxury Ball with Sucker Punch, Detect, Extrassensory
- Modest Chinchou in a Beast Ball with Amnesia, Agility, Mist
- Modest Deino in a Beast Ball with Earth Power, Dark Pulse
- Modest Numel in a Luxury Ball with Heat Wave, Iron Head, ancient Power
- Jolly Any Ability Kabuto in a Dream Ball with Knock Off, Icy Wind, Giga Drain, Mud Shot
- Timid Misdreavus in a Dream Ball with Nasty Plot, Memento, Curse, Destiny Bond
- Adamant/Jolly both ability Magikarp in a Beast/Moon/Dream/Love Ball
- Jolly Ponyta in a Repeat Ball with Horse Power, Morning Sun, Hypnosis

Last edited:
Does anyone have the following flawless mons for trade?
- Bold Ha Oddish in a Moon Ball with Strength Sap
- Modest/Timid Oddish in a Friend Ball with Strength Sap
- Careful/Jolly Skorupi in a Dream Ball with Whirlwind, Pursuit
- Jolly Sawk in a Dive Ball
- adamant Zigzagoon with E-speed
- Timid HA Girafarig in a Ultra Ball
- Jolly Ha Dwebble with Spikes
- Hasty Elekid in a Ultra/Fast Ball with HP Grass spread and Ice Punch
- Impish Overcoat Burmy in a Dream Ball
- Modest/Rash/Mild HA Magby in a Dream/Repeat Ball
- Modest/Calm/Timid Spoink in a Dream Ball with Whirlwind
- Quiet Gulpin
- Timid Hidden ability Timid Gen 5 Monkeys with Nasty Plot in a fitting ball

And the following Pokemon that don't need good ivs:
- Naive HP Fire Diancie
- Naive Deoxys
- Modest Unown in a Luxury Ball with HP Psychic
- Lonely/Hasty Stantler with Sucker Punch
- adamant/brave Ha Spinda with Superpower
- Hasty/Naive/Jolly/Adamant HA Tauros with Bodyslam [RBY]
- Adamant/Timid Arceus
- Hasty/Naive Shiftry with Sucker Punch, Defog, Knock Off

Other things:
- 3 ability capsules
- Pal shiny Sylvally Code
- Smogon Giveaway Pelipper
- Smogon Giveaway Kyurem
- a Lonely Synchro user that has just enough speed to outspeed 0 speed iv Lonely or a Brave/Sassy Synchronize User with enough speed to outspeed 0 speed iv Stakataka

I can offer the following 5 Iv mons:
- Timid Magnemite in a Heavy Ball with HP Fire
- Timid Ha Treeko in a Luxury Ball with (HP Fire), Leaf Storm, Gigadrain, Leech Seed
- Bold/Relaxed Pink Shellos in a Dream Ball with Fissure, Counter, Yawn, Mirror Coat
- Relaxed/Bold Ha Illumise/Volbeat
- Jolly Ha aerodactyl in a Dream Ball with Pursuit, Whirlwind, Tailwind, Wide Guard,
- Adamant Krabby in a Fast Ball with Agility, Knock Off, Amnesia, Ally Switch
- Bold Lunatone in a Dusk Ball
- Adamant Solrock
- Timid/Jolly Ha Purrloin with Encore, Foul Play
- Impish HA Spiritomb in a Premier/Dream Ball with Foul Play
- Adamant Koamala in a Moon ball with Sing, Charm, Wish, Play Rough
- Bold HA Lileep in a Heal Ball with Mirror Coat, Barrier, Stealth Rock, Recover
- Timid HA Caterpie in a Dream Ball
- Jolly HA Weedle in a Ultra Ball
- Impish HA Trubbish in a Friend Ball with Spikes, Rock Blast, Selfdestruc, Rollout
- Adamant Lillipup in a Level Ball with Pursuit, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Psychic Fang
- Jolly Onix in a Heavy Ball with Heavy Slam, Stealth Rock
- Timid HA Abra in a Level Ball with Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Encore, Knock Off
- Adamant Sudowoodo in a Level Ball with Selfdestruct, Stealth Rock, Rock Out, Defense Curl
- Jolly/Impish Tyrogue with High Jump Kick, Rapid Spin, Mach Punch
- Adamant HA Swinub in a Heavy Ball with Freeze Dry, Stealth Rock, Icycle Crash
- Adamant Tarpinch in a Friend Ball with Bug Bite, Quick Attack, Endure, Focus Energy
- Calm Chimecho in a Friend Ball with Wish, Stored Power
- Timid Ha Cyndaquil (HP Grass) with Extrasensory
- Timid Ha Roselia in a Safari Ball (HP Fire) with Sleep Powder, Gigadrain, Spikes, Synthesis
- Bold Koffing in a Heavy Ball with Psywave, Toxic Spikes, Pain Split, Grudge
- Adamant Marill in a Love Ball with Superpower, Bodyslam, Aqua Jet, Belly Drum
- Modest/Timid Tortunator in a Repeat Ball with Head Smash, Fire Spin
- Timid Ha Woobat in a Luxury Ball with Stored Power, Knock Off, Venom Drench
- Jolly Bagon in a Moon/Friend Ball with Thrash, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump
- Adamant Larvitar in a Safari Ball with Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dragon Dance, Pursuit
- Timid Ralts in a Dream Ball with Disable, Shadow Sneak, Ally Switch, Grudge
- Jolly HA Buneary in a Dream Ball with Encore, Fake Out, Ice Punch, Fire Punch
- Modest HA Skrelp in a Luxure Ball with Toxic Spikes, Play Rough, Haze
- Timid Zoroa in a Luxury Ball with Sucker Punch, Detect, Extrassensory
- Modest Chinchou in a Beast Ball with Amnesia, Agility, Mist
- Modest Deino in a Beast Ball with Earth Power, Dark Pulse
- Modest Numel in a Luxury Ball with Heat Wave, Iron Head, ancient Power
- Jolly Any Ability Kabuto in a Dream Ball with Knock Off, Icy Wind, Giga Drain, Mud Shot
- Timid Misdreavus in a Dream Ball with Nasty Plot, Memento, Curse, Destiny Bond
- Adamant/Jolly both ability Magikarp in a Beast/Moon/Dream/Love Ball
- Jolly Ponyta in a Repeat Ball with Horse Power, Morning Sun, Hypnosis
I can trade you a 5 IV Fast ball Zigzagoon with ESpeed for one of your Moon Bagon.

What's a good set Lycanrock Dusk

Also, what are the best EV training spots in Ultra Sun (prioritizing that the target mon has a good encunter rate)? All that I can find on the intrawebs seem to be early EV training.

Does anyone happen to have an extra Destiny Knot? I just got back into Pokemon games not long ago and need help with breeding. I have a couple things worth trading for one.
I should have a spare both in G6 and G7, althouhif you're playing USUM you get one during the game

Last edited:
What's a good set Lycanrock Dusk

Also, what are the best EV training spots in Ultra Sun (prioritizing that the target mon has a good encunter rate)? All that I can find on the intrawebs seem to be early EV training.

I should have a spare both in G6 and G7, althouhif you're playing USUM you get one during the game
A couple sets I'd recommend for Dusk Lycanroc would be:

Evs: 252 atk 252 spd
Adamant or Jolly

Set 1
Normaliam z
Happy Hour (z-happy hour)
Accelerock
Fire Fang
Drill Run

Set 2
Lycanium z or Life orb
Stone Edge
Accelerock
Drill run
Fire Fang or Swords Dance

Can someone please trade me an Adamant Cherish Ball Rockruff/Lycanroc w/ Fire Fang?
I could help ya with that after i get out of work at 7pm est. Let me know if ya interested.

What's a good set for jolly Mew? I got one from Blueforce giveaway, it knows sucker punch but I can't really come up with anything viable.

Wanted to catch a Naive Kapu Koko with HP Ice, but got a Hasty one.

Keep or retry?
It's a decent "keep" IMO, Koko doesn't have that much bulk anyway. Although, most SE attacks coming towards it all gonna be physical.

What's a good set for jolly Mew? I got one from Blueforce giveaway, it knows sucker punch but I can't really come up with anything viable.
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Rock Polish / Zen Headbutt
Drain Punch / Rock Polish

Best I can think of, Blueforce's Bluemew is almost too awesome and unique to mess around with its moves

Last edited:

pilica12

Buriallusion: Phantomic Killer in Night Mist
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'll probably need to go and do some in-depth looking into personally, but just coming off the encounter rates from Serebii and the locations in which I did EV training in SM, I'd recommend the following for EV training spots (each of these give 1 EV as base, and 36 w/ Pokerus + Power Item + SOS)

HP: Grimer-A in Malie Cape (30% encounter - not great, but 30% is actually a better chance than it seems), Wailmer in non-bubbling spots on Poni Breaker Coast (40%, if bubbling then 30%), also 70% encounter in rippling water - however, since it can call Wailord, this may mess up complicated spreads, Barboach in bubbling spots in Seaward Cave (70%) but can call Whiscash, again messing up complicated spreads.
Atk: Yungoos and Pikipek in daytime on Route 1 (combined 40% encounter) or Spinarak and Pikipek at night on Route 1 (combined 40% encounter) or Lillipup and Mudbray on Paniola Ranch (combined 60% encounter) (Edit: or rustling spots in Verdant Cavern in Ultra Sun - Yungoos (100% encounter); thanks to Tapu Koko Loko for the suggestion and correction regarding Rattata-A).
Def: I personally liked Exeggcute on Exeggutor Island (40% encounter) but the high levels don't suit everyone, further the encounter rate was dropped to 20% in USUM. Graveler-A and Torkoal combine for 50% encounter on Route 12 but they have lower call rates and give 2 as opposed to 1 Defense EV which may complicate certain spreads, although this is not an insurmountable problem. Sandygast is a 30% encounter on Hano Beach in the shaking sand, but its typing makes False Swiping difficult.
SpA: Smoochum and Psyduck in Seaward Cave (combined 60% encounter)
SpD: This one is not even slightly in doubt - Tentacool in the scripted rippling water encounter at Hano Beach (100% encounter)
Spe: I used to use Cutiefly in Melemele Meadow (30% encounter) but that's now 20% in USUM. Much easier from the outset would be to just step outside to Route 3 - Cutiefly and Spearow for a 60% combined encounter in SMUSUM (now I feel stupid as hell). Also the scripted flying encounters on the rocky area in Route 3 yields 70% for Spearow. (Edit: Verdant Cavern offers 100% encounter for Speed EVs - Noibat, Zubat and Diglett-A. Thanks to Detective Barricade for bringing that up) (Edit 2: Rustling spots in Verdant Cavern in Ultra Moon - Rattata-A (100% encounter))

There are probably other, equally valid locations, but I hope this may be of help.

Last edited:
I'll probably need to go and do some in-depth looking into personally, but just coming off the encounter rates from Serebii and the locations in which I did EV training in SM, I'd recommend the following for EV training spots (each of these give 1 EV as base, and 36 w/ Pokerus + Power Item + SOS)

HP: Grimer-A in Malie Cape (30% encounter - not great, but 30% is actually a better chance than it seems), Wailmer in non-bubbling spots on Poni Breaker Coast (40%, if bubbling then 30%), also 70% encounter in rippling water - however, since it can call Wailord, this may mess up complicated spreads, Barboach in bubbling spots in Seaward Cave (70%) but can call Whiscash, again messing up complicated spreads.
Atk: Yungoos and Pikipek in daytime on Route 1 (combined 40% encounter) or Spinarak, Pikipek and Rattata-A at night on Route 1 (combined 60% encounter) or Lillipup and Mudbray on Paniola Ranch (combined 60% encounter).
Def: I personally liked Exeggcute on Exeggutor Island (40% encounter) but the high levels don't suit everyone, further the encounter rate was dropped to 20% in USUM. Graveler-A and Torkoal combine for 50% encounter on Route 12 but they have lower call rates and give 2 as opposed to 1 Defense EV which may complicate certain spreads, although this is not an insurmountable problem. Sandygast is a 30% encounter on Hano Beach in the shaking sand, but its typing makes False Swiping difficult.
SpA: Smoochum and Psyduck in Seaward Cave (combined 60% encounter)
SpD: This one is not even slightly in doubt - Tentacool in the scripted rippling water encounter at Hano Beach (100% encounter)
Spe: I used to use Cutiefly in Melemele Meadow (30% encounter) but that's now 20% in USUM. Much easier from the outset would be to just step outside to Route 3 - Cutiefly and Spearow for a 60% combined encounter in SMUSUM (now I feel stupid as hell). Also the scripted flying encounters on the rocky area in Route 3 yields 70% for Spearow.

There are probably other, equally valid locations, but I hope this may be of help.
Verdant Cavern (provided you avoid the rustling spots) offers 100% encounters with Pokemon offering Speed EV's. Diglett, Zubat, and Noibat all offer Speed points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)