Silent Bravery (UU Offensive Trick Room Team)

Silent Bravery Team

The Name : Silent Bravery consists of Brave and Quiet pokemon. They are slow, but deadly hitter, capable of destroying even the mightiest wall. They appreciates Trick Room support to change the tide of battle. Once the tide of battle favors the opponent, they can take hits before they faint.

General Strategy : Sets up trick room and attack with bulky wallbreakers! Trick Room is one of my favorite themed team, gen 6 meta OU is filled with too much priority and very sturdy wall, so I decided to migrate to UU metagame to create a powerful and competitive Trick Room team.
The Strength : Capability to take down walls and OHKO frail sweepers, 1 turn 1 kill!
The Weakness : Unfortunately this team is weak to evil on the battlefield. This team is highly threatened by the existence of evil beings like ghost or dark pokemons. This generation metagame worsen this condition by removing steel type resistance to those type, thus giving TR team more hard time fighting them. This team also weak to Prankster and mental disrupter in battlefield because they prevent the activation of Trick Room. The removal of elemental gems in gen 6 also weakens TR team.

Team Building Process

The Core

I decided to use Crawdaunt because of his immunity to dark and ghost, and the fearful ability that boost the power of his STAB moves significantly.

V-Create banishes all frail sweeper to oblivion. My go-to poke after setting up TR with momentum starter. Victini is must-have in trick room team. He also resist the new fairy type attacks.

my go-to suicide lead. Sets up Rock, TR, and boom!

The Mega

Mega Aggron & Mega Ampharos : not enough fire power
Mega Abomasnow is interesting and worth to try because of his balanced physical and special attack.
My pick is Mega Hera because he hits and takes hit like champ, and also he learn SD to boost his 515 attack! His fighting typing helps me taking hits from dark type which is very valuable for my team.
Additions

these additions isnt as strong as my core and mega, but they help this team defensive posture. Porygon2 is immune to ghost, and Cofagrigus gives me protection from Mega Medicham.

The Team Moveset and Description

BrightSky (Victini) @ Charcoal
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Final Gambit / Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Sunny Day
Despite his weakness to SR, his natural bulk allows him to set up or reset trick room in pinch. Sunny Day eases prediction, a filler if opponent use protect, powers up v-create spam and soften water attack. V-Create under trickroom+sun is beastly, 180 BP+STAB+Weather+Charcoal+Full EV allocation and Positive atk nature will decimate anything that doesnt resist fire. Bolt Strike can replace Final Gambit and it gives you option to hit Chandelure. Most of the time he uses V-Create and I rarely use Fusion Bolt or Final Gambit. After several match I decided to use the Final Gambit, because the chainability of suicide move is really appreciated for other TR abuser.

AdviceDuck (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam / Recover
Porygon2 Synergizes well with Cofagrigus and Heracross, as they two can switch in after Porygon2 sets up TR because Porygon2 baits strong fighting type pokes. Porygon2 sets up trick room and pick frail sweepers. His bulkiness allows setting up TR most of the time, and I want to keep this guy most of the time in battle, hence I give him recover. Thunderbolt is preferred over Ice Beam because I need poke to kill bulky waters, and Tri Attack is stab moves. In last slot, Recover gives me chance to win vs Chandelure 1v1 and switch in to Chandelure most of the time, Ice beam can be used as dragon killer.

YoMummySoFat (Cofagrigus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SAtk
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
Cofagrigus has defensive synergy with Heracross, Crawdaunt (for dark) and Porygon2 (for ghost). Trick Room Cofagrigus can sets up Trick Room and grabs several boost from nasty plot to skyrocket his SpAtk. Fighting and Ghost offensive typing give him edge in irresistible attack. His bulk also allows him to prolong Trick Room by deactivating it and activating again. His ability also helps muting some pesky ability such as prankster, pure power, etc. If medichamite is banned from UU metagame I'd experiment with this slot.

Hera-X2 (Heracross) (F) @ Heracronite
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Arm Thrust
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
Among all megas in UU, I pick Mega Hera because his natural bulk both physically and specially, and offense. He resist fighting and dark attack, which are needed in my defensive structure. He can take several hits in case trick room wears off and hit back with good coverage. He can take down flying (dragons), psychic and dark pokes easily. Arm Thrust is preferred over Close Combat because AT doesnt reduce Hera's def+sdef. Substitute stall is detrimental as it waste the short time of trick room. Skill Link Hera helps me taking down poke behind subs. SD is great on poke who dares to waste my TR duration by using protect.

DarkStar (Crawdaunt) (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Adaptability
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
Crawdaunt got huge buff in this gen. First, knock off is irresistible to steel and secondly, the BP of knock off is high when it knocks down enemy's item. After swords dance he is a frightening wallbreaker with +2 +Atk Nature 120 base atk and Adaptability Boost. Superpower offers coverage to hit opposing Crawdaunt, bulky steels, or Keldeo. With the inclusion of three musketeer in meta plus fighting type abundance in metagame, Chople Berry gives Crawdaunt second chance when TR worn off and can retaliate hardly when he got hit by fighters.

HeatproofLol (Bronzong) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
Bronzong leads most of the time. His role is to set stealth rock, trick room then suicide. Sometimes I also keep him in case I need pokes to sponge dragon and fairies, esp mega gardevoir, attack. Normal gem powers up explosion and suicide generates momentum to my team. Most of the time I proceed to MHera/Victini/Crawdaunt and abuse the maximum TR duration with setting up (Sunny Day/Swords Dance) or spamming attack.

Importable Version
Code:
BrightSky (Victini) @ Charcoal
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
- Sunny Day
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Final Gambit

AdviceDuck (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Recover

YoMummySoFat (Cofagrigus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SAtk
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Hera-X2 (Heracross) (F) @ Heracronite
- Arm Thrust
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast

DarkStar (Crawdaunt) (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Adaptability
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

HeatproofLol (Bronzong) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
I would recommend Mixed Mega Abomasnow.
Mega-Abomasnow@Abomasnowite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 SpAtk/4 HP
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute/Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain/Energy Ball
- Focus Punch/Ice Shard
Use the first one of the slashes or the last.

Replacing MHera would be hard. He's the mvp of the team.
Status orb+SD Hera cant accomplish what SD Mega Hera can do because of secondary damages and unreliable accuracy of stone edge and megahorn.
The only solution is editting the additions and mega (or Ill use non-mega wall breaker) poke.

A Trick room team generally doesn't want more than 3 setters, because you rely a lot on the brute strength of your sweepers. Since mega hera is banned, the mega ampharos suggestion is a good one for a mega. Youre a tad heavy on the physical side as well so it wouldn't hurt to have ampharos in there. I would also lose bronzong for another fighting type in that situation as well. I'm not hugely knowledgeable on uu, but I know conkeldurr is ou. Machamp I think is as well but does a similar job. Scrafty is another one that would be good in that slot, but again I'm not sure about the tier. Failing that, escavalier wouldn't be a terrible option in there. You end up getting the steel coverage you lose from dropping bronzong as well as the bug from dropping heracross. Just watch out for fire.

Adding Mega Ampharos means I no longer have dark resist.. Heracross needs to be replaced with another fighting poke.

4 setters work fine for me because of the wallbreaking capability of pokes, and I dont need wider coverage.
Scrafty is kinda slow (It checks Chandelure well tho), but Ill try working with him. Right now Im testing Flame Orb+Bulk Up and Sitrus Belly Hariyama.

Testing
Heriyama (Hariyama) (M) @ Flame Orb - Sitrus Berry
Trait: Guts
- Bulk Up - Belly Drum
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Facade - Knock Off

Last edited:
Scrafty being slow is an interesting comment. I assume you mean under trick room? Base 58 speed is well within spec for a TR sweeper. You'll get outsped by super slow pokemon if they are uninvested and running 0 speed IVs, but most of the time people run 31IVs on them anyway, which offsets it considerably. Scrafty actually ends up being bulkier than Hariyama when you factor in things like Drain Punch. You can run him with an assault vest as well to further increase it on the defensive side, and if you're using intimidate as well you shoot his effective defense through the roof. I tend not to use the latter though, because I find he's more effective with a couple of Moxie boosts, since his attack is a tiny bit low in reality. Sometimes it can be difficult to use moxie effectively, so it might take some testing to see whether you like it or not. This is the set I would use:

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
IVs: 0 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge/Iron Head/Ice Punch (Depending on what coverage you feel you need. For me its usually Ice Punch)

I do quite like the idea of Hariyama though. Not a fan of flame orb on pokes that have no other forms of recovery, so either leftovers or sitrus is what I would run there. As long as you can predict the status then getting a Guts boost is still easy enough. Knock Off is too useful to run facade over it IMO, and Hariyama has access to Fake Out as well as bullet punch, which are both really useful. Moreso than Heavy Slam I think.

Let me know how your testing goes though. I'm interested to hear how it all works out.

Guts under TR normally use Toxic orb, because in the first 3 turns toxic and burn do the same amount of damage (which fits nicely with the 3 turns it will probably be in trick room, and would actually do less damage if you switch in before the 4th turn). I never liked Hariyama (and I disagree with heavy slam, definitely better moves there), mostly because its special defense is terrible, and I think Machamp could fit better in that slot if you want a fighting type.
I like the idea of Scrafty, it can do quite a bit of damage if not properly dealt with (that 4x fairy weakness may not look so good) but you may find its immediate power underwhelming, so that is your call entirely (depends on what your team needs).

I thought this thread braviary at first lol. Anyhoo just a few pointers...
1. Mega hera is banned so youl need something else. Mega aggron is good, but i prefer mega ampharos since mold breaker lets it beat every other mega including mega aggron.
2. Obviously knock off is a huge concern for your team as it gets rid of lefties and demolishes cofagrigus. If youvare considering a nice fighting type, then eviolite gurdurr is top notch to consider. You can run a bulk up set with drain punch, mach punch and knock off. Mach punch scares krookodike and crawdaunt whike knock off deters ghost and psychics.
3. Im not a fan of bronzong since its pretty much taunt bait. I highky recommend a revenge killer in thks spot and not a trick room user. Scarf keldeo cleans up nicely as does sd hawlucha once unburden activates.
4. Get rid of chople berry on crawdaunt. His defenses are so pitiful that it doesnt make a difference unless you can give a specific examle like it surviving hawluchas or mienshao hjk or even mega blastoise aura sphere. Youre better off with a life orb trust me. And i would recommend dropping superpower and leave it as aqua jet. Superpower does the same amount of damage to keldeo thanks to adaptability crabhammer but without the atk and def drop. Priority aqua jet can clean up weakened foes late game. Trust me...

Morr to come later...

What I mean about scrafty being slow is his lack of firepower. Bulk isnt really needed on offensive TR IMO since Offensive TR relies on speedy kills.
Taking 2 hits before down is good enough as long it can hit harder and abuse maximum duration of TR (IE: set up moves during protect, etc).
Hariyama's Heavy Slam OHKOes +def nature and def invested Sylveon and Florges.

Other Megas doesnt have the combination of a bit of bulk and fire power.

Since this team doesnt switch much Crawdaunt (except the defensive pivot Porygon2 and Cofagrigus) have wide chance surviving fighting attacks from several power hitters such as.

Chople Berry Crawdaunt
-> Terrakion's Close Combat -> Max 80%
-> Keldeo's Secret Sword -> Max 56.6%
-> Hawlucha's HJK -> Max 75.4%
-> Bold HP/Def LO Reuniclus Focus Blast -> Max 78.7%
-> Mienshao's HJK -> Still OHKOes after SR
Chople Berry also handles opposing Crawdaunt.
Superpower gives perfect coverage, now It can hit everything (except Toxicroak).
Chople Berry gives Crawdaunt room to set up on fighting types and OHKO back (if the TR duration is 3 turns). Crabhammer fails to OHKO Keldeo, while Superpower guarantees KO without wasting 1 more turn of TR. Boosted Crawdaunt under TR is nightmare for most of the offensive team. I tried Life Orb SD+Crab+Knock+Superpower and Aqua Jet, and the non SD variant with Aqua Jet over SD, but Chople Berry Crawdaunt still outperform those two.

Yes Knock Knock Off (and Dark attack generally) are threatening to my team. I had Heracross to take Knock off.

Both Bronzong and Victini are solid momentum starter and I found them indispensable.

At current state my team works fine, but the Porygon2 and Cofagrigus is a bit slow. After UU tiering changed the shift caused from banishment of Mega Hera puzzles me to seek replacement and build synergy.

Last edited:
I played this team in the last couple days. From what I remember you had me dead to rights until my Toxicroack swept. That Porygon is a pain in the ass.

I think a priority move somewhere would help you a lot. If you can fit aqua jet onto Crawdaunt, that would help you when trick room ineveitably runs out.

Aside from Mega Heracross, your entire team is weak to the pretty common fighting/dark attack combo, so yea he may be tough to replace. Some ideas:
Toxicroack - Resists dark and fighting. Is neutral to fairy while threatening with poison. Immune to water. Flying, psychic and ground weaknesses accounted for by the rest of your team.
Emboar - Strong with health and a dark resist. Fits trick room
Granbull - resists dark and fighting. Has a big attack stat.
Gallade - resists fighting. Justified raises its attack when hit by dark. Big attack stat.
Chesnaught - resists dark and has the defense to face fighting. Has power to play in trick room.
Aromatisse - resists fighting and dark while hitting both types hard. Could cleric for your other guys.

Plain Heracross is still a great fit too.

It would probably be best if you swapped another pokemon out to help reduce that weakness - just having a guy neutral to those attacks would help.

Aeveltra ,terrakion was banned so no need to worry. But just so you are aware, 2 crabhammers hit harder than 2superpowers on keldeo without the def drop. Choice specs variants of keldeo still hit very hard so you may not be able toget the swords dance and a superpower lauched before you are koed especially if you lose tr. Also for hawlucha, if it has any boost whether from hone claws or dwords dance, a +1 sky attack with power herb has a good chance to ohko crawdaunt. Thats at plus one...
2. Also, i saw your post on cof, medichamite is banned...
3. The only other thing i noticed was to drop sunny day on vctini. Youre better off withba coverage move ala grass knot for rhyperior swampy and guagsire that dont care about v create or bokt strike and thrive just fine under trick room. And final gambit is to gimmicky. You are better off with bolt strike to nail neutral pokes like chandelure for one example

Pants?
Toxicroak is really rare, however the NP variant can setup on Hera/Crawdaunt and kill Cofagrigus.
Emboar would be great if he has his hidden ability (Reckless).
The other pokemon doesnt fit the overly aggressive TR playstyle.
Suicide TR setter synergizes well with great wall breaker.

Patrick1088
Swampert, Quagsire 2 ohkoed by sunboosted V-Create. And since Victini cant switch in much due to stealth rock issue Final Gambit is better.
252+ Atk Charcoal Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias in Sun: 264-311 (87.4 - 102.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Charcoal Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Salamence in Sun: 324-382 (97.8 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Charcoal Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Swampert in Sun: 204-241 (50.4 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Charcoal Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crawdaunt in Sun: 276-326 (102.9 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Aqua Jet deals 60%ish on -1)
252+ Atk Charcoal Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune in Sun: 158-186 (39.1 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (Finished with Final Gambit)
Sunny Day mostly used on poke that uses protect/water moves to soften the attack and after that Victini retaliates hard with it's V-Create. Final Gambit can kill/weakens poke to KO range of other sweeper and gives safe switch in.

Anyway my friend showed me this BW TR team which also uses the Victini/Crawdaunt/Zong+Fighting Poke core with exactly same moveset
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...an-this-peaked-1600-in-late-november.3478359/
This is the example of hyper aggressive approach that I want to achieve.

Right now this team is using regular PO banlist. Will adapt with smogon changes later once I test in PS.

Last edited:
Aeveltra you are correct in V-Create in Sun does more damage to Swampy than Grass Knot. But, keep in mind that Victini loses every time to Swampy's Earthquake whether in our out of Trick Room once the defense drops kick in.

Also, Crabhammer has a significant chance to OHKO Victini after Stealth Rock even in sun. So, while you are setting up Trick Room and Sunny Day and attacking (3 Turns), Crawdaunt can OHKO with Knock Off (1 Turn)

Do you have any battle logs on PS or proof of rank/W-L ratio?

Remember you still need the turn to get sun up before those numbers apply, which is a turn of Trick Room that you're effectively wasting. If you predict a switch and use the freedom to use sunny day, you might as well have used it to predict a coverage move and shoot for a KO. It's the same reason why you don't see too many set-up moves on TR teams. They're useful if you predict a protect or something, but outside of that they're kinda meh.

That being said, the only time they're REALLY usable for actual standard set-up sweeping (As you're indicating here.) is if they are used on a Trick Room pokemon. This is why a lot of people run things like Nasty Plot on Cofagrigus/Slowking, so Sunny Day isn't a bad choice for Victini at all, but you need to be a bit more clever about how you use it or you risk it potentially being a dead weight move, or an invitation for Victini to get it's face smashed in. Grass Knot is a lot more forgiving to have in that slot, and will serve you better in more situations than running Sunny Day. As long as you're prepared to give up a turn under TR for the Sunny Day setup then run it. Fact of the matter is, IF you can get SD up then you effectively have a borderline unstoppable Victini for 3 turns, which defintiely isn't a bad thing. The deal-breaking downside to that is your prediction needs to be on point for it to work, and if your prediction is on point, then you might as well run Grass Knot anyway so you don't lose a Trick Room turn. You effectively get the same result, but a turn earlier.

It just comes down to the question of whether you can afford to give your opponent that turn or not. If you CAN, it's worth running. If you CAN'T, it's not. You've got a shitload of offensive presence so it's probably fine, but if you find Victini carries a lot of the weight in your battles, then it might be worth re-thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)