Shiny Hatcher Community Database (Read the last post!, Join #shinyvalue for all your SV needs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
EDIT:

Do not post your SV or contact info in this thread. It will be ignored and not added to the spreadsheet.

from now on you will fill this form to enter SVs: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1l-...56UZ-qr-HXpMC_PI/viewform?edit_requested=true

SVs and other information will be stored in this new spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak2hDRJIzJHbdFItaVJidTRTZTJxZnY1dThxNzRxbHc#gid=1
The spreadsheets get so much traffic that we can't even access them sometimes. A better solution will be forthcoming.

Some of you checking out the new Instacheck Hotspot program for checking are probably wondering about the new fields for Shiny Value (now on referred to as SV), one for the Trainer and one for the Pokémon. What are they? Simply put, if a Pokémon's SV matches its trainer's SV, that Pokémon will be shiny.

How can we use this knowledge to our advantage?

Well, because the trainer SV is based on the trainer ID and secret ID, an egg's shininess is not determined until it hatches. That means all we need to do to hatch an egg shiny is to hatch it with the right person.

Enter the Shiny Hatcher Community Database. This contains a list of people's, their games' corresponding SV, and their contact info. Use Instacheck Hotspot to check the SV of your unhatched eggs, and if an egg's SV matches that of a person on the list, you can contact them and have them hatch your egg shiny.

The more people we have on this list, the better your chances of finding someone to hatch your egg shiny. If you don't have Instacheck Hotspot working, feel free to ask someone in #shinyvalues to find your SV and add you to the list!

If you have your SV and you're not already on the list, post it here with your preferred contact info.

Other communities with shiny hatcher lists

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anyone willing to contribute to this effort is greatly appreciated! Remember, the more people we get, the better chances everyone has of getting shiny Pokemon!

Only thing is the shiny won't have your OT. Honestly I'd be more interested in giving my pokes to someone who can hatch a shiny and letting them keep it in hopes someone will do the same for me.

Agonist

Only thing is the shiny won't have your OT. Honestly I'd be more interested in giving my pokes to someone who can hatch a shiny and letting them keep it in hopes someone will do the same for me.
Current odds are 136/4096, which are drastically better than MM or just a normal egg. Not having your OT is very minor in comparison.

Mine is 2240, preferred contact is through smogon :)
Added. :)

I am very interested in this, but sadly, my out dated mac can't run the programs required. But if I am following this correctly, I can still help people breed their shiny monsters? If so, can someone find my Shiny Value? Also, I have bred 3 Careful Natural Cure Phantump in Dusk Balls, 1 Adamant Honedge in a Premier Ball and 1 Protean Timid Froakie in a Dive Ball w/ Toxic Spikes, all still in their eggs and would really like a Shiny of each of those three monsters. I'm offering a flawless monster from my thread to whoever can help me with this. Also, I bred the extra Phantumps so that the people who help can have a copy.

I really hope someone can help me, I'd give anything to have a flawless shiny Honedge/Froakie/Phantump! Let me know! Thanks smogon!

Agonist

I am very interested in this, but sadly, my out dated mac can't run the programs required. But if I am following this correctly, I can still help people breed their shiny monsters? If so, can someone find my Shiny Value? Also, I have bred 3 Careful Natural Cure Phantump in Dusk Balls, 1 Adamant Honedge in a Premier Ball and 1 Protean Timid Froakie in a Dive Ball w/ Toxic Spikes, all still in their eggs and would really like a Shiny of each of those three monsters. I'm offering a flawless monster from my thread to whoever can help me with this. Also, I bred the extra Phantumps so that the people who help can have a copy.

I really hope someone can help me, I'd give anything to have a flawless shiny Honedge/Froakie/Phantump! Let me know! Thanks smogon!
Come on #smogonwifi, and I'll help you out.

So essentially this isn't too much different from the past, I can get an egg from the daycare, check its IVs/SV before hatching using the Instaspot Hotspot, and when I get a perfect one try and find someone in the database to hatch it shiny for me? Pretty neat idea.

Agonist

So essentially this isn't too much different from the past, I can get an egg from the daycare, check its IVs/SV before hatching using the Instaspot Hotspot, and when I get a perfect one try and find someone in the database to hatch it shiny for me? Pretty neat idea.
Yup. And obviously, the more people we have added, the more possible SV's we will have, making it easier to get shiny eggs.

SV 3369, smogon PM.

Just got 2 shinys from this ! Shiny hawlucha and shiny gastly !! :D thanks to nexus of smogon, and Thesinofdreams of twitch.tv!! TY BOTH !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)