Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

I run Jolly to beat Mega Rayquaza, which is really one of the biggest reasons to use Mega Salamence in the first place. It also doesn't take up one of your legend slots which is really cool. Double-Edge deals tons of damage and is way better than Return in this meta imo. Draco Meteor can OHKO Mega Rayquaza and some variants of Kyurem-W and Reshiram before they even move. Tailwind supports things like Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre really well, as they become faster than everything in the meta game pretty much, and Salamence can chunk things that Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon cannot KO.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Aqua Tail
- Protect

Pretty much the same set as before but without the supportive option of Tailwind, but instead a way to surprise OHKO Primal Groudon by just switching in Primal Kyogre, rather than switching in Primal Kyogre and having them switch out Primal Groudon and making a huge mess of things.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance / Iron Head
- Protect

WE SERIOUSLY FORGOT ABOUT SUBMITTING THIS WOW. This is one of the best Pokemon in the meta game (A+ Rank even), man how could we forget.
Swords Dance lets you boost when you get a free turn so that Sucker and Play Rough just demolish certain fundamental parts of the opposing team, and obviously Play Rough acts as a powerful STAB while Sucker Punch acts as a powerful priority move. Defensively, Mega Mawile is useless against Primals but completely walls most common Mega Rayquazas, Mega Salamences, and Mega Kangaskhans, as well as some STAB only Xerneas sets, and offensively it hits all of the Pokemon in the meta game, even Primal Groudon, which immense force, though it often needs the correct support first. Also, as an added bonus, both of Mawile's offensive options are boosted by the Auras. A really cool thing I found btw
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dark Aura Primal Groudon: 142-169 (68.5 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dark Aura Primal Groudon: 77-91 (37.1 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Dark Pulse+Sucker Punch=ko on Primal Groudon :]
There's a tertiary offensive option in Iron Head in place of Swords Dance for teams that are particularly weak to Xerneas, but Swords Dance, imo, should in most cases be run in its place.

I'm not quite sure Mewtwo really does that good in this meta game because it loses to lots of things and can't stand up to the Primals. However, if there were a set I'd run, it'd be:

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 27 HP / 14 Atk
- Psystrike / Psychic
- Grass Knot / Ice Beam / Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt / Skill Swap / Gravity
- Protect

Okay so Mewtwo has a lot of options tbh. It can run Psychic and hit Primal Groudon, or run Psystrike and hit Primal Kyogre and +2 Xerneas, as well as all of these things that have like 100/100 defenses a bit harder because of the base power difference. Grass Knot is a strong way to hit the heavy Primals, but Ice Beam hits Mega Rayquaza hard. Fire Blast also is an option for teams running Primal Kyogre to hit Ferrothorn, or on Sun teams to just hit really hard with a sun boosted attack (hits Dialga hard too I guess). Then there's Protect which lets you scout/stall out certain conditions.
The third slot separates what Mewtwo does differently from other Mewtwos. Psychic types tend to have interesting options, and Mewtwo definitely can make a game pretty interesting with that third move.
  • Will-o-wisp nerfs Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile, and lets you have a way to avoid their Sucker Punches (it nerfs physically based Yveltal too).
  • Taunt allows for the Mewtwo to stop Trick Room and Tailwind from going up, as well as rendering the likes of Sableye and Smeargle useless.
  • Skill Swap can reset your partner's weather, but since Mewtwo is a strong attacker it can also do things like steal an opponent's Parental Bond ability and hit really hard with Psystrike/Psychic.
  • Gravity ensures that a partner's Precipice Blades lands every time, even on levitating opponents. It can also ensure that things like Dark Void land.
  • Some other options for that third slot are things like Psych Up to copy an Xerneas' stat changes, Torment to prevent an opponent using Will-o-wisp on your Mega Rayquaza the next turn while you Protect it (extremely situational tbh), and maybe Substitute to set up in front of Mawile and Kangaskhan while they Sucker Punch fail against Mewtwo, letting you just say "fuck my teammates, I'm going to do this solo".
You could also run things like Trick+Choice Specs I guess, or maybe bulky support to take full advantage of Mewtwo's pretty cool pool.
Downsides for using Mewtwo though are its kind of depressing offensive movepool and its pretty useless bulk+terrible matchup against things like Primal Groudon/Xerneas/Primal Kyogre/Mega Mawile/Yveltal, unless you run the right moves for each one which it just can't do with its 4MSS.

Last edited:

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor

Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Tailwind
- Protect

I run Jolly to beat Mega Rayquaza, which is really one of the biggest reasons to use Mega Salamence in the first place. It also doesn't take up one of your legend slots which is really cool. Double-Edge deals tons of damage and is way better than Return in this meta imo. Dragon Claw OHKOs Mega Rayquaza and some variants of Kyurem-W and Reshiram before they even move. Tailwind supports things like Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre really well, as they become faster than everything in the meta game pretty much, and Salamence can chunk things that Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon cannot KO.

Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Aqua Tail
- Protect

Pretty much the same set as before but without the supportive option of Tailwind, but instead a way to surprise OHKO Primal Groudon by just switching in Primal Kyogre, rather than switching in Primal Kyogre and having them switch out Primal Groudon and making a huge mess of things.
I wouldn't recommend Dragon Claw on Salamence. It's barely stronger than DE on a super effective hit and doesn't get a ko on M-Ray or Kyurem-W. Draco Meteor with a Naive nature is much better imo.

252 Atk Mega Salamence Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 150-176 (83.3 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 144-171 (80 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 174-206 (96.6 - 114.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Mega Salamence Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-W: 164-194 (81.5 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-W: 174-206 (86.5 - 102.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Mega Salamence Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Reshiram: 150-176 (85.2 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Reshiram: 150-176 (85.2 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

For a mixed Mega Salamence it'd be a good idea to have enough special attack investment to guarantee the OHKO on Mega Rayquaza.

EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower / Tailwind / something else
- Protect

52 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 182-216 (100.5 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Here is the standard Liepard set.

Liepard @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Fake Tears / Taunt / Swagger
- Encore / Taunt / Swagger

I guess you could run Twave too because the 100% 25% para chance is nice.

Here is the standard Liepard set.

Liepard @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Fake Tears / Taunt / Swagger
- Encore / Taunt / Swagger

I guess you could run Twave too because the 100% 25% para chance is nice.
I'd run 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe, because Focus Sash will ensure that you live all the special hits once. So the only OHKOs to worry about are Parental Bond attacks.

Take this for example:

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Liepard: 168-202 (98.2 - 118.1%) -- 98% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Liepard: 118-142 (84.2 - 101.4%) -- 2.7% chance to OHKO

Jolly Mega Kangaskhan is very common and there is a good chance that it will not go for Double-Edge to avoid the recoil.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance / Iron Head
- Protect

WE SERIOUSLY FORGOT ABOUT SUBMITTING THIS WOW. This is one of the best Pokemon in the meta game (A+ Rank even), man how could we forget.
Swords Dance lets you boost when you get a free turn so that Sucker and Play Rough just demolish certain fundamental parts of the opposing team, and obviously Play Rough acts as a powerful STAB while Sucker Punch acts as a powerful priority move. Defensively, Mega Mawile is useless against Primals but completely walls most common Mega Rayquazas, Mega Salamences, and Mega Kangaskhans, as well as some STAB only Xerneas sets, and offensively it hits all of the Pokemon in the meta game, even Primal Groudon, which immense force, though it often needs the correct support first. Also, as an added bonus, both of Mawile's offensive options are boosted by the Auras. A really cool thing I found btw
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dark Aura Primal Groudon: 142-169 (68.5 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dark Aura Primal Groudon: 77-91 (37.1 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Dark Pulse+Sucker Punch=ko on Primal Groudon :]
There's a tertiary offensive option in Iron Head in place of Swords Dance for teams that are particularly weak to Xerneas, but Swords Dance, imo, should in most cases be run in its place.
For Mawile, 244 HP/252 Atk/12 Spe with Adamant is another option to run to outspeed the Primals in Tailwind. Mega Mawile also has a chance to OHKO 4 HP Primal Kyogre at that point.

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 159-187 (90.3 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower / Tailwind
- Protect

Basically copied from Synral's post in the core thread. Hyper Voice deals just enough damage for Moonblast to pick up the kill on many of Xerneas's would be checks. Defensive Primal Groudon, Ferrothorn, and Amoongus all have a good chance to die from the combination and less defensive things (like 4 HP Primal Groudon) will be taken out. Flamethrower can be used against Mega Mawile and Aegislash but I had Groudon to take them so I ran Tailwind instead. Draco Meteor can do a lot of single target damage but pretty much forces you to switch out.

upload_2015-12-29_10-41-29.png

Crobat @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Def / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Quick Guard
- Super Fang

I'd say this is definitely the Crobat spread I love using right now. Speed lets you outpace Scarf Smeargle and the HP and Def investments lets you survive Jolly Kang's Double-Edge. The 0 in Att is to lower the damage you'd take from Foul Play and if you get swaggered and hit yourself. Lum is to make this the ultimate Smeargle DV Counter and this thing really does work against any Smeargle

EDIT: Oh this is my first post. I've been lurking a LONG time I guess.

Came up with this monster after looking at the nuggetbridge link:

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb / Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam / Thunder
- Protect

What does this set do? It OHKOs every Primal Groudon that's being run while nearly always outspeeding them, without ANY set-up:

* 252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Primal Groudon: 211-250 (101.9 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I have yet to see a set anywhere that's bulkier then that on the special side. As for speed, you outspeed any Groudon that runs less then 140 Spe, which you'll note is every single one that's been posted in the above link and on this thread.

Sludge Bomb chunks most Xerneas HARD, even after Geomancy. The HP doesn't seem like much, but it's enough to always survive +2 252+ Modest Moonblast, if that's something you're worried about. Ice Beam chunks dragons of all varieties, while Thunder deals respectable damage to Kyogre, but Kyogre nearly always max's speed, so I'd keep Ice Beam. Protect is what it is.

Obviously, this set is a meta call, but for the moment I'm having a TON of fun with this set.

Came up with this monster after looking at the nuggetbridge link:

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb / Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam / Thunder
- Protect

What does this set do? It OHKOs every Primal Groudon that's being run while nearly always outspeeding them, without ANY set-up:

* 252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Primal Groudon: 211-250 (101.9 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I have yet to see a set anywhere that's bulkier then that on the special side. As for speed, you outspeed any Groudon that runs less then 140 Spe, which you'll note is every single one that's been posted in the above link and on this thread.

Sludge Bomb chunks most Xerneas HARD, even after Geomancy. The HP doesn't seem like much, but it's enough to always survive +2 252+ Modest Moonblast, if that's something you're worried about. Ice Beam chunks dragons of all varieties, while Thunder deals respectable damage to Kyogre, but Kyogre nearly always max's speed, so I'd keep Ice Beam. Protect is what it is.

Obviously, this set is a meta call, but for the moment I'm having a TON of fun with this set.
The Nidos are so fun. Modest LO Nidoking seems... sluggish against anything that isn't Pdon, though. Electric coverage on Nidoking seems good on paper, but virtually every target will tank it and/or outspeed it, and crush it. Char-Y, Moltres, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Milotic, Suicune, Yveltal, whatevs.
Ice Beam however actually works and Ice Beam + Earth Power should always be used on any set (same for Nidoqueen, imo).
Flamethrower/Fire Blast can take advantage of Desolate Land; it's stronger than Earth Power and demolishes Ferrothorn if need be. Kind of a slower, stronger Hydreigon (yes, Nidoking seriously does compare to pokemon with 40-50 points higher Sp. Atk, Sheer Force is that awesome). Better slash option than Thunder/Thunderbolt imo. But STABs+Ice beam is probably best, like you said. This is depressing though:

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 146-172 (81.1 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Nothing wrong with lurking btw, the people that lurk and observe long before posting are usually intelligent and worth having. Welcome to Smogon :P

Modest LO Nidoking seems... sluggish against anything that isn't Pdon, though.
It is, but he's honestly in an interesting spot speedwise - quick enough to beat groudon, fast enough to sweep in Tailwind (Nidoking+Giratina-O is a pretty powerful opener)...and slow enough to not be useless in Trick Room. I've been surprised by it's effectiveness.

The speed game is really interesting in this format :)

Welcome to Smogon :P
Thanks!

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Protect

The SpA and HP investment optimize Kyogre's bulk, as major speed investment is not needed. 12 Spe allows Kyogre to speed creep other Kyogre and Groudon sets. The moveset is standard but reliable. It works excelently under tailwind, or next to this:

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Under rain, the game plan is to spam muddy water, lower your oponents accuracy, keeping Kyogre healthy. Out of rain, it still hits very hard. Draco meteor has a 50% chance to OHKO P-Don with 4 HP investment, and with max HP it does 77%-91%. Ice beam is mostly there as a filler, for hitting M-Salamence, Landorus forms, and under sun when you don't want to lower your own special attack.

Crobat @ Lum Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Super Fang

I feel now that Crobat has become immensely popular, it needs to run max speed to be able to tie with opposing Crobat. Running anything less puts you at a disadvantage.

The bulk enables you to survive anything that Mega Salamence can throw at you when at full, whether it's a max attack Double-Edge or a max speacial attack Draco Meteor. It's mostly the same usual Crobat set, only you now have Brave Bird to not be hard-walled by Ghost types and it enables you to do more damage to things than a second Super Fang and potentially self-sack yourself to bring something in safely if you've been brought down to low HP. Lum Berry heals you from Smeargle's Dark Void and Thundurus's Thunder Wave.

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Role Play
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Protect

Great set for supporting primal kyogre, functions against spore and tr with taunt, which is important because fuck cress/kang/pdon semiroom. Role play lets you beat other pdon every single time the goddamned red dinosaur comes in trying to stop you from spamming origin pulse. Thunder is an option over Tbolt but it basically means you need to bring POgre every game.

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Gravity
- Helping Hand
- Ice Beam

most likely cress' most effective set for tr. TR + Grav synergizes really well with PDon allowing Pdon to fire off unresisted Precipice blades back by helping-fucking-hand which makes it completely insane. Safety Goggles are Safety Goggles, because screw off spore, the evs take some retardedly powerful dark attacks, Idrk ask KyleCole , it's his set.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Protect
- Iron Tail

Standard TR Pdon tbh. PBlades is PBlades, synergizes well with Cress^^. HHand ITail nearly ohkos xern i think, or has a really high chance too. Overheat bypasses intimidate. not much to say about these sets, pretty bnb

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect/Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

Sash Gengar's pretty fun. It has the niche of being a mon with Will-o-Wisp and Taunt that doesn't lose to Xerneas and has an immunity to Primal Groudon's Ground STAB while outpacing base 100s. It can burn Mega Kanga while Taunting Xerneas before it can set up a Geomancy. Pairing this up with a Primal Kyogre makes it immune to dual STAB Primal Groudon as well since Levitate makes it immune to PB/Earth Power and Primordial Sea makes it immune to Eruption/Overheat/ect. Protect preferred over Shadow Ball in the second slot because it lets Gengar scout for Scrappy Kang's Fake Out, but if you feel Protect isn't necessary, Shadow Ball is an option to hit Cresselia and Pdon harder.

I'm having fun and you CAN'T STOP ME!

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Dig
- Swagger/Memento
- Rock Slide

...because none of your pokemon can switch out ;)

So, the moveset. Protect as often as you can, for each Protect gives you an additional turn of trapping. Dig is a bad move and should never be used in competitive play - However, since basically nothing runs earthquake you can think of it as an additional two turns of trapping. Swagger/Memento are ways to cripple individual pokemon. Swagger + Trapping is actually pretty brutal, especially with all the extra turns Dugtrio can serve up. Memento, on the other hand, provides the SAFEST of switch-ins and can really close out a match. Rock Slide finishes up the set, allowing Dugtrio to reach his maximum trolling potential with rng flinches.

No calcs, Dugtrio's not going to kill anything. Dig doesn't even show up in the damage calculator. I guess you probably ohko Heatran? That's something I suppose.

Honestly, this set is pretty bad, but it has it's uses. Dugtrio allows you to assassinate problem pokemon provided you have good predictions, and trapping a Xerneas/Kyogre with your Dugtrio and, say, a Ferrothorn or something to back it up is immensely powerful.

Anyway, I'm off to have more fun at other's expense!

Liepard @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Fake Out
- Thunder Wave/Swagger/Encore/Fake Tears

The last move is really for what you really want to do. T-Wave for lowering speed; Swagger for Foul Play additional Damage; Encore for locking opponents; Fake Tears for supporting Xerneas/P. Kyogre/P. Groudon.

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 108 HP / 136 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Fake Out

+2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 108 HP / 12 SpD Assault Vest Ludicolo: 142-168 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Primal Groudon Overheat vs. 108 HP / 12 SpD Assault Vest Ludicolo in Harsh Sunshine: 135-159 (79.8 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

He does some solid damage, that helps for his teammates to finish them off for him.

We're two then, lol. Not my first post, but I've been posting just recently, lurking for years.

View attachment 55082

Crobat @ Lum Berry
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Def / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Quick Guard
- Super Fang

I'd say this is definitely the Crobat spread I love using right now. Speed lets you outpace Scarf Smeargle and the HP and Def investments lets you survive Jolly Kang's Double-Edge. The 0 in Att is to lower the damage you'd take from Foul Play and if you get swaggered and hit yourself. Lum is to make this the ultimate Smeargle DV Counter and this thing really does work against any Smeargle
This doesn't outspeed Jolly Max Speed Smeargle, which reaches a Speed stat of 208 after Choice Scarf and rounding down. Crobat reaches a max speed of 200.

He was talking about the relevant smeargles; scarf is just dumb now.
How is it dumb? Every single other variant gets destroyed by Kangakshan, which has very high usage, as well as double targeting. Scarf is imo the only thing you should run, since its actually difficult to stop Scarf Smeargle+Quick Guard support, you need like Scarf lando-t or lum crobat to stop it.

This doesn't outspeed Jolly Max Speed Smeargle, which reaches a Speed stat of 208 after Choice Scarf and rounding down. Crobat reaches a max speed of 200.
Yes, that was an error on my part. Lum Crobat helped me in case I saw a scarf smeargle, so I'm not sure why I said it would outspeed it >.>

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
How is it dumb? Every single other variant gets destroyed by Kangakshan, which has very high usage, as well as double targeting. Scarf is imo the only thing you should run, since its actually difficult to stop Scarf Smeargle+Quick Guard support, you need like Scarf lando-t or lum crobat to stop it.
You have to consider the part where Scarf Smeargle + stuff like Crobat has very little offensive pressure. You'll find yourself burning out your own sleep turns as you're forced to switch out, whereas nonScarf Smeargle can put out additional pressure with Transform and/or Follow Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)