SM OU Semi-Stall

Hello, I’ve been experimenting with semi-stall teams and I want to build this team to be the best it can be.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
Heatran is the primary stealth rocker of the team. It is the specially defensive variant for more bulk to make it in turn, a more effective stealth rocker. It can force out many Pokémon and break popular steel types such as Ferrothorn and Celesteela in order to prevent them from setting up hazards on Heatran.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Protect​

Ferrothorn is the spikes setter of the team. It runs Knock Off to help cripple Pokémon such as Heatran, Chancey, Skarmory, etc and it runs Protect alongside Leech Seed in order to greatly enhance its survivability while also wearing down offensive threats such as Greninja.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
Toxapex is responsible for setting up toxic spikes and preventing setup sweepers from setting up on it via Haze. It also serves to burn physical threats such as Tapu Bulu, and Garchomp, crippling them. It also walls a large majority of water, fighting, and dark types in the tier while also having impeccable mixed bulk.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
Gliscor is a defogger and an answer to Heatran as well as Earthquake users, using its own Earthquake to hurt Heatran while inflicting residual damage with Toxic on the latter to eventually force them out, allowing the damage dealt from entry hazards to build up and weaken any switch ins.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
Chansey is the main Heal Bell user in this team, clearing the team of any status in order to maximize the longevity of all my Pokémon. It also runs Toxic due to how it forces out special attackers, allowing a free turn to use Toxic and cripple another Pokémon.

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
Greninja is primarily for dealing with Pokémon such as Heatran, Gliscor, Garchomp, etc which are all capable of seriously damaging the my team if not dealt with swiftly. Alternatively, by looking like an Ash Greninja set, it forces a lot of switches in order to help bring in my other Pokémon safely through U-turn. It can also be used to lure other Chansey in for a surprise Z-Fighting move which can greatly weaken opposing stall teams. In short, it takes out possible threats much faster than what it would otherwise take on a full stall team, assisting the team with pivots, and forcing switches in order to bring in my other Pokémon safely.

This was a very difficult team to make so I’m asking for feedback here to help iron out any weaknesses with the team that may hold this team back.

https://pokepast.es/8ff5341da1aa789d

I replaced Hetran with an Unaware Clefable so I have both a wish passer and a heal bell user, Chansey is now the stealth rocker of the team, and Gliscor now uses Taunt to prevent defoggers, hazard setters and setup sweepers from doing their thing on a predicted switch in. Double toxic felt unnecessary so Chansey is now the designated toxic user. The changes were made to lessen the threat of setup sweepers while also helping patch up the weakness this team had to EQ users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)