Scizor and the punching bag (An uber warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is a great effort, and I quite enjoyed reading this :) Good job

The misclicks don't really put me off, my first warstory was completely riddled with misclicks. If anything, they add another twist to the tale.

Again, nice job! I want to read more warstories by you.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was an O.K battle however props for actually using percentages since it so often gets forgotten or tacked on later. Nice comments that kept me hooked until the last turn. Good warstory and a great read!
Write more!

Agreeing with what other people have said, I really liked your comments. They really showed a lot of what was going on in your head as you battled. Sure, your team may not be the greatest and you made a couple misclicks, but overall this battle was really good and so was the warstory. Really nice work, I look forward to seeing more warstories from you in the future.

Definitely a good read, we've been lacking some good warstories lately and this one fits the bill. Rather average battle, but good thinking and commentary made this a good read. Good job.

Nice warstory ~_^

Going in, I kind of underestimated firecape01 because I'd beaten him before when he kept using Baton Pass. I wasn't sure how prepared this particular team was for Baton Pass, but I was hoping for a win here for that day's attempt at making the leaderboard (sadly I can't get past ~1520).

There are three things I'd like to comment on for the battle itself. This isn't to take away from firecape01's victory; I'm just summarizing my train of thought throughout the battle and pointing out where I perhaps could have improved.

1. I'm sure a few people noticed, but I was basically in desperado mode for most of the battle. I mean, yeah, this is common for an offense-with-win-condition team like mine, but basically being forced to sac Kyogre against Latias and hoping it switches out out of paranoia put me in a bad place when Wobb and Scizor still existed on the opposing team. Other times, I forgot that Scizor was the lead set and I may have attempted a Flamethrower on the switch-in if I had thought more carefully about that, lol.

2. Dialga's crit on Wobbuffet could potentially have mattered. Because Scarf Dialga has a good chance of OHKOing Wobbuffet, the fact that it was Specs wasn't guaranteed at all. Nonetheless, when it came down to it, I had to assume that Dialga wasn't Scarfed because I didn't have very many alternatives. (The nature's Naive, btw, though perhaps you realized that already.)

3. Mistakes that single-handedly cost me the game make me angry. Considering the debacle between my Dialga and his Wobbuffet, I perhaps should have started to count the PP. If only I'd realized that I had done all the necessary work (with the help of firecape01's clumsy fingers, it seems)! I believe Waterfall still had a chance to KO, though.

I didn't really think that this was a warstoryable battle at first, and the last time someone asked for permission to put me in a warstory the user kind of disappeared, so I didn't really think that this would have been warstoried. I didn't mind either way, but at that point I was just lamenting my repeated failures to make the leaderboard. gg nonetheless, firecape01. I guess my Kefka team is now out in the open...

After the Bug Bite, you HORRIBLY misplayed the last part. Switch Latias in as a sacrifice, then Scizor still has enough to come back in and guaruntee the BP kill thanks to LO recoil.

Other than that, the early part is a bit... poorly written (breaking sentances in a paragraph
like this is annoying), but the warstory itself was OK.

As an example, you have this in your warstory:

Went off without a hitch. Now he will either SR or continue attacking as my evil little blob prevents him from switching, I
doubt

he will keep attacking and just go for the all important SR, so I go for the encore, and deal with the results accordingly.

That bludgeons the eyes. Doubt shouldn't have a line to itself. It may just be my computer, but my settings are pretty standard for a laptop (Firefox and all). A quick way to fix all that would be to delete all line breaks (enters) in the story, letting the forums deal with line breaks themselves.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As an example, you have this in your warstory:

Went off without a hitch. Now he will either SR or continue attacking as my evil little blob prevents him from switching, I
doubt
he will keep attacking and just go for the all important SR, so I go for the encore, and deal with the results accordingly.

That bludgeons the eyes. Doubt shouldn't have a line to itself. It may just be my computer, but my settings are pretty standard for a laptop (Firefox and all). A quick way to fix all that would be to delete all line breaks (enters) in the story, letting the forums deal with line breaks themselves.
O dear a line that entered itself...the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Its not my fault, I didn't click enter, it did it automatically, im not going to reformat my warstory because something as miniscule as that.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I saw both latis and said "what the crap" but you justified it very well (and it worked to, to bad they didn't get to do more). It was pretty good, awesome for first time. I look forward to more.

I like it dude. It's nice because I've yet to get into Ubers, but the commentary was good. A couple "haxy" moments, but it was nothing game changing at all (i.e. Wobb parahax like 6 times)

7.5/10

very good game i believed you were almost playing desparado through most of the begining, but it just goes to show you how full of surprises pokemon really is. average battle yet very fun to read. thank you for sharing
btw love garchomp =)

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I consider Wobbuffet dragon-weak. Sorry for the confusion. But either way, a DD'd Rayquaza or even Scarf Garchomp would wall all over this team once Scizor is removed.
DD rayquaza is taken out by Garchomp's scarf d claw after Ray takes SR damage, and scarf garchomp cant 1hitk0 dialga with outrage, so i need a sacrifice. And its obvious you dont know what your talking about because wall means that you cant do significant damage to them...not kill me, and besides, nothing garchomp has can 1hitK0 wobbuffet.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I liked this WS, the misslicks weren't that painful. I also liked the formatting, but I think you could have made it that bit better by polishing off those minor details such as the spaces between some lines, adding images each turn, and such.

In general, a very good warstory. Three starring.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
The formatting was a non-issue for me, if I just enlarged the screen (on my mac at least) all the formatting seems to be fine.

I liked the warstory regardless though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)