Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake / Rock Slide

The Forest Pokemon leaps from the trees into SV NU! Sceptile is a great setup sweeper and cleaner on Psychic Terrain teams, thanks to Unburden letting it outspeed a vast majority of the metagame. Leaf Blade cuts through Ground-types like Mudsdale and Palossand as well as Paldean Tauros-W. After Sceptile uses its Psychic Seed, Acrobatics threatens Grass-types like Tsareena and Alolan Exeggutor. Earthquake buries Steel-types like Registeel and Duraludon and Fire-types like Arcanine, while Rock Slide crushes Flying-types Oricorio-E and Thundurus. Tera Flying further boosts the power of Acrobatics, 2HKOing Galarian Slowbro and OHKOing Vileplume at +2. The EV spread helps Sceptile survive attacks such as Paldean Tauros-W's and Gallade's Close Combat as well as Dragalge's Sludge Bomb after activating Psychic Seed. Indeedee is a mandatory partner, as it provides the Psychic Terrain that Sceptile relies on to trigger Unburden and block priority. Fire-types like Salazzle and Delphox are also great partners, since they can threaten Steel-types like Copperajah and Registeel that Sceptile struggles to break through.

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
eq > rock slide (keep both slashed)
that is not at all the purpose to the ev spread, please play/read about/learn about nu so you can write a better sentence
indd should be the first teammate mentioned given you need it for the set to... do anything
thwackey as an acrobatics target is insane given we have mons like vileplume and eggy alola that are better mentions imo
if you're gonna talk about setup opportunities with tera fly, you need to actually give some examples there. i think it's more practical to talk about damage rolls anyway that you get (ie you 2hko glowbro with a tera fly +2 acro whereas you dont come close without the tera)

lmk when this is implemented and i'll look it over again

Kinetic

my focus is UNPARALLELED
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
eq > rock slide (keep both slashed)
that is not at all the purpose to the ev spread, please play/read about/learn about nu so you can write a better sentence
indd should be the first teammate mentioned given you need it for the set to... do anything
thwackey as an acrobatics target is insane given we have mons like vileplume and eggy alola that are better mentions imo
if you're gonna talk about setup opportunities with tera fly, you need to actually give some examples there. i think it's more practical to talk about damage rolls anyway that you get (ie you 2hko glowbro with a tera fly +2 acro whereas you dont come close without the tera)

lmk when this is implemented and i'll look it over again
implemented (indeedee was already the first partner?)

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
implemented (indeedee was already the first partner?)
ya that's on me for not realizing that ROFL I blame the moves section

can throw in more specific calcs about sceptile's bulk invest. for example dragalge sludge bomb doesnt ohko you after psychic seed activation. i'd also try and improve the talk of sceptile's moves because right now, all you've really done is written a mini analysis but added an introductory sentence with more pizzazz. really just looking for it to flow a bit better than "x move does y" between each sentence ya feel? qc 1/1 when done

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
GP 1/1
Sceptile @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake / Rock Slide

The Forest Pokemon leaps from the trees into SV NU! Sceptile is a great setup sweeper and cleaner on Psychic Terrain teams, (ac) thanks to Unburden letting it outspeed a vast majority of the metagame. Leaf Blade cuts through Ground-types like Mudsdale and Palossand as well as Paldean Tauros-W. After Sceptile uses its Psychic Seed, Acrobatics threatens Grass-types like Tsareena and Alolan Exeggutor. Earthquake buries Steel-types like Registeel and Duraludon and Fire-types like Arcanine, while Rock Slide crushes Flying-types Oricorio-E and Thundurus. Tera Flying further boosts the power of Acrobatics, 2HKOing Galarian Slowbro and OHKOing guaranteeing an OHKO on Vileplume at +2. The EV spread helps Sceptile survive attacks such as Paldean Tauros-W's and Gallade's Close Combat as well as Dragalge's Sludge Bomb after activating Psychic Seed. Indeedee is a mandatory partner, as it provides the Psychic Terrain that Sceptile relies on to trigger Unburden and block priority. Fire-types like Salazzle and Delphox are also great partners, (ac) since they can threaten Steel-types like Copperajah and Registeel that Sceptile struggles to break through.

Sulo2.gif

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)