Resource Sample Teams (Taken Over - See New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team itself is basically a team that focuses on each Pokemon taking at least one pokemon down - could be counted as a one-for-one team. No defensive switch in is required, as each Pokemon covers their own weaknesses, for the most part.

Celesteela + Double Primal Hyper Offense

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Perish Song

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Ingrain
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Protect

This team itself is basically a team that focuses on each Pokemon taking at least one pokemon down - could be counted as a one-for-one team. No defensive switch in is required, as each Pokemon covers their own weaknesses, for the most part. Explanation for individual Pokemon below, because I find it helps explain the individual uses of each Pokemon.

Marshadow is the team's counter to opposing Marshadow and any setup Pokemon, such as Power Herb Geomancy Xerneas or Dusk Mane Necrozma. Close-Bat is for a Fighting STAB, and Spectral Thief is its way to steal stat boosts. Shadow Sneak is a priority move that is also STAB. The last slot can be given anything, but I gave it Protect solely to let setup users set up, so they get stat boosts, and to also scout for opposing threats to Marshadow. Focus Sash is given as so to allow Marshadow to survive a hit before stealing stats - otherwise, Geomancy Xerneas wouldn't be countered, or any other setup Pokemon. Given EVs are to outspeed certain Pokemon (383 base) and to hit as hard as possible with its attacking moves.

A variation of Extreme Killer Arceus is used as the team's late game sweeper and all around priority attacker. It is given Extreme Speed and Swords Dance because that is the base for Extreme Killer, and allows for quick yet powerful sweeping. Shadow Claw is used to counter Ghost types, who are immune to Ex-Speed, but can also be used if it is preferable to Ex-Speed (i.e. Cresselia, Dusk Mane Necro, etc.). Finally, Perish Song is to force switches if an opponent has a harsh sweeper that the team would otherwise lose to. Given EVs are to take multiple hits (Swords Dance) and Ex-Speed as hard as possible. Chople Berry is to allow it to live at least one Fighting-type hit.

Dusk Mane Necrozma is used as the team's 1-time nuke and a second counter to Xerneas. It has Sunsteel Strike and Solganium Z for the said nuking, as well as a decently damaging attack once Searing Sunraze Smash is used up. Swords Dance and Rock Polish are setup, though Rock Polish can be replaced with Autotomize if it is more preferable. Do note that Autotomize lets Heavy Slam do more damage. Morning Sun is a relatively reliable recovery option, as it gains 50% health unless under Primordial Sea or the super-rare Sandstorm or Hail. Again, EVs are to hit hard and fast, and to maximize output from Swords Dance and Rock Polish.

Kyogre is the team's special attacker, with hard special offenses. Blue Orb activates Primal Reversion. Origin Pulse is Kyogre's strongest attack with a fixed damage output - it is more preferable to Water Spout in the long run due to Water Spout's lessening damage at lower health. However, Water Spout is viable. Thunder is for perfect accuracy and an attack for opposing Water-types. Ice Beam is to counter Primal Groudon and Rayquaza, along with further coverage. (By "counter Primal Groudon", I mean to actually hit it.) The last move is open to the user's choice, but Protect is given for scout of hard-hitting opposing moves, and a way to PP stall opponents.

Groudon is the team's physical attacker. Red Orb for Primal Reversion. Precipice Blades is a hard-hitting STAB move, though with reduced accuracy. (Earthquake can be used if one feels it is more reliable.) Protect, again, for scout, and PP stall, but especially to see what move an opposing Primal Kyogre has, when under Primordial Sea. Fire Punch is chosen over Eruption, not only because of the damage decrease, but also because this set is physically biased, and Eruption is special. Fire Punch also has a burn chance, which is low, but exists. Thunder Punch is coverage, primarily against Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre when in Desolate Land. Given EVs are damage, survival, and a tiny bit more survival on special hits against Groudon.

Celesteela is the Leech Seed user of the team. (Yes, I know it's rated OU.) Leech Seed is a great force switch, allows for at least one turn of heal, and does chip damage. Leftovers is to recover some health every turn. Ingrain is basically to double Leftovers' effect. Flash Cannon, again, is used as a fixed damage attack that's the strongest against opposing Pokemon, but Heavy Slam or Flamethrower can be used. Given EVs are for maximum health, and increase to Celesteela's low-ish Special Defense, and a small increase in Flash Cannon damage output. If using Heavy Slam, put the 4 Special Attack EVs into Attack.

Please feel free to criticise this.

Last edited:

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Spikes

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Extreme Speed

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

Last edited:

Ugandan Hyw

Banned deucer.
The Primal Intimidation Game

Innovation that excites! I sought to build an offensive team around Double Dance Primal Groudon and Sub-CM Primal Kyogre - two metagame defining pokemon that can pressurize the vast majority of the tier when used in tandem. My primary goal of this team was to maximize the offensive presence of Dual Primals whilst minimizing opportunity cost. Additionally, the use of two Intimidate users with ground immunity is very beneficial in a meta filled with pokemon that can abuse SD + Ground Type moves like PDon and Dusk Mane Necrozma. Speaking of, Dusk Mane Necrozma fit nicely to the team, giving me the opportunity to have a nice resist to Toxic whilst allowing me to set up using Double Dance and proceed to possibly sweep, albeit utilizing Weakness Policy as opposed to Z-Move. Through testing, I've found that SD Groundceus is an excellent partner to Double Dance PDon and so I implemented it. Obviously, I was weak to status moves so I decided to add a standard DD MegaMence, which has the capability to absorb status, smash the opposition with Facde, and sweep thanks to DD + Roost. Of course, this team is titled the Intimidation Game for a reason. Having Intimidate on Salamence is a nice way of reducing the physical offensive presence of some commonly found threats in the tier, namely PDon and DM Necrozma, but I was lacking a pokemon that could 1.) Really Dent Supportceus forms, 2.) Set up SR, and 3.) Utilize a Z-Move. I decided to go with Z-Move Lando T, because a +2 Supersonic Skystrike can knock out several pokemon in the tier and also beat common opposing leads such as PDon, Yveltal, Dusk Mane Necrozma, and Supportceus Forms, Zygarde, and Giratina Forms, amongst others. Furthermore, the ability to induce an attack drop to the opposition is absolutely brilliant, and Landorus is a truly pivotal member of this tram. In retrospect, the purpose of this team is to set up entry hazards, dent as many pokemon as possible through some unorthodox venues, intimidate opposing set up abusers, and try to pull of a sweep. Arceus and POgre opt to run substitute to block status moves that can inhibit their sweeping potential while MegaMence can absorb status and proceed to sweep. Lastly, DM Necrozma opts to use a bulky Weakness Policy Set to tank a hit (such as Marshadow's spectral thief) and then surprise the opposition with its offensive prowess!

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 124 Def / 200 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Facade

Looking at the team from a glance, this team utilizes many pokemon that are weak to Water and Ice Type moves. The biggest offensive threat to this team is Primal Kyogre - I try to retroactively solve this problem by utilizing Double Dance PDon which can pressurize Mixed POgre. Status Conditions can be annoying, hence why I run Mega Salamence to absorb status conditions while running Substitute on Arceus-Ground and Primal-Kyogre. The Hazard War can be challenging to an extent and well built defensive/balance teams utilizing phasing can also be troublesome, but all in all, these problems can be both proactively and retroactively solved by making logical moves and setting up whenever you get the chance.

Shoutout to Nayrz for being so god damn amazing, Minority for truly inspiring my thought process - if I could only build half a team as wonderful as yours (kudos), and to Terra for helping me test this team. Ya'll truly inspire innovation that excites! :)
https://pokepast.es/b4bb36862c98afa9

Last edited:
The Primal Intimidation Game

Innovation that excites! I sought to build an offensive team around Double Dance Primal Groudon and Sub-CM Primal Kyogre - two metagame defining pokemon that can pressurize the vast majority of the tier when used in tandem. My primary goal of this team was to maximize the offensive presence of Dual Primals whilst minimizing opportunity cost. Additionally, the use of two Intimidate users with ground immunity is very beneficial in a meta filled with pokemon that can abuse SD + Ground Type moves like PDon and Dusk Mane Necrozma. Speaking of, Dusk Mane Necrozma fit nicely to the team, giving me the opportunity to have a nice resist to Toxic whilst allowing me to set up using Double Dance and proceed to possibly sweep, albeit utilizing Weakness Policy as opposed to Z-Move. Through testing, I've found that SD Groundceus is an excellent partner to Double Dance PDon and so I implemented it. Obviously, I was weak to status moves so I decided to add a standard DD MegaMence, which has the capability to absorb status, smash the opposition with Facde, and sweep thanks to DD + Roost. Of course, this team is titled the Intimidation Game for a reason. Having Intimidate on Salamence is a nice way of reducing the physical offensive presence of some commonly found threats in the tier, namely PDon and DM Necrozma, but I was lacking a pokemon that could 1.) Really Dent Supportceus forms, 2.) Set up SR, and 3.) Utilize a Z-Move. I decided to go with Z-Move Lando T, because a +2 Supersonic Skystrike can knock out several pokemon in the tier and also beat common opposing leads such as PDon, Yveltal, Dusk Mane Necrozma, and Supportceus Forms, Zygarde, and Giratina Forms, amongst others. Furthermore, the ability to induce an attack drop to the opposition is absolutely brilliant, and Landorus is a truly pivotal member of this tram. In retrospect, the purpose of this team is to set up entry hazards, dent as many pokemon as possible through some unorthodox venues, intimidate opposing set up abusers, and try to pull of a sweep. Arceus and POgre opt to run substitute to block status moves that can inhibit their sweeping potential while MegaMence can absorb status and proceed to sweep. Lastly, DM Necrozma opts to use a bulky Weakness Policy Set to tank a hit (such as Marshadow's spectral thief) and then surprise the opposition with its offensive prowess!

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 124 Def / 200 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Facade

Looking at the team from a glance, this team utilizes many pokemon that are weak to Water and Ice Type moves. The biggest offensive threat to this team is Primal Kyogre - I try to retroactively solve this problem by utilizing Double Dance PDon which can pressurize Mixed POgre. Status Conditions can be annoying, hence why I run Mega Salamence to absorb status conditions while running Substitute on Arceus-Ground and Primal-Kyogre. The Hazard War can be challenging to an extent and well built defensive/balance teams utilizing phasing can also be troublesome, but all in all, these problems can be both proactively and retroactively solved by making logical moves and setting up whenever you get the chance.

Shoutout to Nayrz for being so god damn amazing, Minority for truly inspiring my thought process - if I could only build half a team as wonderful as yours (kudos), and to Terra for helping me test this team. Ya'll truly inspire innovation that excites! :)
https://pokepast.es/b4bb36862c98afa9
I never seen this team but ok

Importable:
Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-Turn

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Toxic

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split
A very solid team that I made awhile back. Although there are some new meta threats out right now, I think this team still handles everything pretty well. It revolves heavily around wearing down P-Don as it is most people's blanket check to physical attackers. Once it dies either Marshadow or Lucario usually get work done. Although it isn't a team that was made by an established veteran and it hasn't been widely used (yet lol), it's pretty strong and a respectable team. I have a more in-depth explanation here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/marshadow-and-lucario-ubers.3611196/
A very solid team wich is 6-0 dusk-mane if you lose you're 50-50 between ygod and pdon, , you doesn't have any switch in to ho oh, I think you should just run a Judgement waterceus, maybe you can run a most offensive pdon

Last edited:
A very solid team wich is 6-0 dusk-mane if you lose you're 50-50 between ygod and pdon, , wich doesn't have any switch in to ho oh, I think you should just run a Judgement waterceus, maybe you can run a most offensive pdon
Didn't really think about the new necrozma's being a big threat before posting this, which entirely my dumb fault lol. Definitely not a team that is suited to the current meta. Thank you for helping me realize that, I'll fix it and test it for this meta extensively!

Team- https://pokepast.es/1d5fc8bf28b9eeb9
This is a hyper offence team centered around Mega Salamence and Ultra Necrozma. Both atempt to set up and then sweep. I have run moxie over intimidate as I found a lot of oppurtunities for moxie. Marshadow prevents opposing teams from setting up while also punishing other ghost types. P-Don is used to set up rocks and whittle down opponents. Overheat deals a lot of damage to Yveltal and anything weak to it, while precicpe blades punishes any non-flying types. Magearna can easily tear apart teams after a single shift gear- using the boosted speed and Twinkle Tackle it always gets a special attack boost. I have run an offensive Magearna because it helps counter Yveltal and other Dark types who threaten ultra necrozma. In the current metagame, after a single soul heart boost magearna can take on most threats in the metagame other then P-Don.Yveltal is used to punish Psychic and Ghost Types while also checking P-Don variants without Rock Tomb and Overheat.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Turnabout Arrows
This team focuses on Zygarde's ability to setup and clean on the late-game after its checks are weak enough. Cloyster is used as a suicide lead to set Toxic Spikes, which wears down support Arceus, Xerneas, Kyogre and others which could bring problems to Zygarde, and also allow Gengar to fire powerful Hex. Its other moves allow it to beat other leads os pressure other Pokémon like Groudon. Zygarde is the main win condition, being able to setup with Dragon Dance and sweep with Thousand Arrows. Substitute allows it to stall some turns of Toxic Spikes, getting crucial chip damage to get some KOes, and also helps to get into Complete forme safely. Dragon Tail helps against Lugia, Giratina and other phazers, while Groundium Z enables Zygarde to OHKO Xerneas at +1 and support Arceus at +2 or some chip damage. Xerneas is the secondary win condition and checks opposing Yveltal and Arceus-Ground. The EVs allow Xerneas to outspeed -1 Marshadow at neutral or neutral Marshadow if you're at +1. Yveltal acts as a Ground immunity, stallbreaker and revenge killer, greatly helping against Mega Gengar, Giratina, Lunala and Ultra Necrozma. Mega Gengar traps a lot of Xerneas and Zygarde checks like Arceus-Fairy, Ultra Necrozma and other Xerneas, opens up setup opportunities for Zygarde by burning Pokémon like Necrozma-DM EKiller Arceus and also can block Defog with Taunt. Groudon acts as a glue to the team, setting up Stealth Rock and blanket checking some threats like Mega Lucario, Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre.
Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
Ability: Power Construct
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Gengar-Mega (M) @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
Gengar is using Sludge Wave due to the better roll on Xerneas, but Sludge Bomb can be used due to the better chance to poison, which helps a lot against Arceus-Ground if they switch-in without Tspikes up. I think the team reflects well the meta with things that are not represented yet on Samples rn, like Tspikes, DD Zygarde, Hex Mega Gengar and offensive Overheat SR Pdon.

Link to the RMT, which also includes some replays.

Last edited:

Sensei Moon

Banned deucer.
#Trapped

I made this prior to the Gothitelle Suspect and thought it would be best to post it now considering the result of the suspect test. The team capitalizes on Lunala's sheer wall breaking ability and DD Zygarde's ability to sweep past weakened teams. The two have great offensive synergy together and can power through the vast majority of the tier. Both Lunala and Zygarde fall to certain variants of Darkceus and so Magearna was added as a solid check to it as well serving to check both Xerneas and Yveltal. Stealth Rock support was imperative for this team and so an Offensive Support Primal Groudon was added. I opted to run HP Ice over Toxic to net a OHKO on Mega Salamence and massively dent Zygarde. Gothitelle was added to trap passive things like Supportceus and other bulky mons this team would generally appreciative having removed. Lastly, I felt this team needed a defensive presence that could be both a Defogger and Ghost Resist. I decided on Defensive Yveltal as it acts as a decent Lunala check, serves as an anti-web defogger and also beats some physical attackers thanks to Foul Play. The EVs given allows it to outspeed Dusk-Mane Necrozma and RP Variants of Primal Groudon.

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Confide
- Charm
- Taunt
- Rest

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)