Tournament RUPL SEMIFINALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i LOVE people who take wins by discussing shit omfg

What the fuck happened to playing for FUN and not taking wins by alienating the timers purpose which is stopping players from taking too long when you have limited time. This is RUPL, you're not gonna get famous for spouting "LOL XD I WIN BC I TIMER MY OPPS"
Would you yourself like to get eliminated out of the tournament or have more losses in your stats because of something like that?

You're literally only creating anger and sadness, the saying "do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you" doesn't exist without a reason, you imbeciles

*checks out*

*hm lets see why*

kinda ironic how you're playing the moral apostle here xd

if you havent seen the games nor have anything else as a foundation than a lying bragging kid then stay out of things you've got no business with ?-?

RE: Anti vs. Welli0u
Anti timed out with more than the allotted 90 or so seconds that Smogon uses to difference between a timeout and a D/C (the timer automatically went to 60 seconds when he D/C'd). As the RUPL host, I have Anti's team, since he did in fact give it to me before his battle (not to mention the fact that it's literally just an update of my Moltres stall that we fixed together...). Welli0u was clearly losing that game, and as such, had nowhere near a 100% win. However, their team keeps blatantly trying to annoy me by trying to convince me to give them the win, which is laughable to be honest. Regardless, this tournament takes place outside of the tour forum, in a forum where I am coincidentally also the Tier Leader. None of you have any power to change my decision, which isn't even a blasphemous one. So stop being whiny bitches over RUPL of all things and reschedule the game. If you refuse to play, I will give Anti the activity win.

My response to these pathetic snakes trying to win a fruitless battle against my overarching authority:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Calling activity on Hikari.

He missed our scheduled time yesterday (7PM GMT+2); I waited an hour for him but he didn't show up.

I was available and active the entirety of today on both PS and Smogon but never received any information whatsoever, neither from him nor from his team.

+

Good night.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RE: Anti vs. Welli0u
Anti timed out with more than the allotted 90 or so seconds that Smogon uses to difference between a timeout and a D/C (the timer automatically went to 60 seconds when he D/C'd). As the RUPL host, I have Anti's team, since he did in fact give it to me before his battle (not to mention the fact that it's literally just an update of my Moltres stall that we fixed together...). Welli0u was clearly losing that game, and as such, had nowhere near a 100% win. However, their team keeps blatantly trying to annoy me by trying to convince me to give them the win, which is laughable to be honest. Regardless, this tournament takes place outside of the tour forum, in a forum where I am coincidentally also the Tier Leader. None of you have any power to change my decision, which isn't even a blasphemous one. So stop being whiny bitches over RUPL of all things and reschedule the game. If you refuse to play, I will give Anti the activity win.

My response to these pathetic snakes trying to win a fruitless battle against my overarching authority:

I talked to both Isa and Zebraiken about this and this is a hard decision to make because given that the host of the tournament is also managing, there is no precedent for this case. The conclusion that we came to is that in other tournaments "host" is shorthand for a neutral 3rd party. For example if Welli0u had submitted his team to me then we still probably couldn't recreate the game because we may not be able to trust that the team submitted to shake originally is in fact the same team being used in the recreate, as shake has a vested interest in anti winning. As such, we feel that submitting the team to shake does not count as submitting the team and Welli0u will be given the win if he chooses (as a dc non-submission, same precedent as the j0ris melle game). Of course a replay with different teams is still an option if both parties agree to do so. Tagging relevant parties -Tsunami- col49 KratosMana. Additionally I will be making all RUPL rulings in relation to shake's team, as I have always done in the past because it is the only way this tournament works with a participating host.

If anyone would like to submit teams going forward, I am happy to receive them, as I am no longer in contention for this tournament (Meru Arifeen).

Thank you all for your patience and to Isa and Zeb for being the best :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)